|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine: A Delicate Situation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who had President Washington put in charge when he left Philadelphia?
(a) Thomas Jefferson.
(b) James Madison.
(c) Henry Knox.
(d) John Hancock.
2. In 1793, what percent of Philadelphia's black worked as live-in domestic workers?
(c) About 35%.
(d) Over 50%.
3. What was the date at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) July 15.
(b) July 31.
(c) August 3.
(d) August 1.
4. A few days before being called to care for Catherine LeMaigre, which doctor had lost his daughter to the same fever?
(a) Dr. Wyatt.
(b) Dr. Rush.
(c) Dr. Hodge.
(d) Dr. Foulke.
5. How many died from the plague on October 7?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Thomas Jefferson and George Washington meet as they traveled toward Philadelphia?
2. Who wrote a letter asking the Free African Society to nurse the sick and attend to the dead?
3. Who lent his house to George and Martha Washington?
4. What newspaper was printed occasionally by September?
5. What was the largest city in North America in 1793?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)