|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five: It Was Our Duty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Jones and Allen discover a house where the mother was dead, the father was dying, and the children were huddled together, frightened and hungry?
(a) Main St.
(b) Water St.
(c) Emsley's Alley.
(d) Beckett's Allley.
2. When did Clarkson ask the physicians from the College of Physicians to come to a meeting about the plague?
(a) August 28.
(b) August 25.
(c) August 14.
(d) August 19.
3. What was the date at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) August 3.
(b) August 1.
(c) July 31.
(d) July 15.
4. What illness was seen in January of 1793?
(a) Scarlet fever.
5. When did George and Martha Washington leave Philadelphia?
(a) September 30.
(b) September 10.
(c) August 23.
(d) September 21.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many blacks were Jones and Allen in direct contact with who might have helped tend the sick?
2. What was the name of Clarkson's son who died during the plague?
3. What cargo did the sloop Amelia bring to Philadelphia?
4. Where was the city almshouse located?
5. What were the sewers called in Philadelphia?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)