|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two: All Was Not Right.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many physicians were in Philadelphia in 1793?
2. What day of the week did Catherine LeMaigre die?
3. What was the date at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) July 31.
(b) August 3.
(c) August 1.
(d) July 15.
4. Where did the sloop Amelia come from?
(b) Santo Domingo.
5. What did doctors give Catherine LeMaigre to cool her fever?
(a) Mercury and the root of a poisonous plant.
(b) Cold cloths.
(c) Barley water and apple water.
(d) Ice chips.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Dr. Rush's wife that summer of 1793?
2. How many people died in two houses on the same street during one week?
3. In which direction were the swamps near Philadelphia that had lost water due to the intense heat?
4. What was Catherine LeMaigre's husband's name?
5. How many people who contracted yellow fever usually died from it?
This section contains 144 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)