Chapter One: No One Noticed
1. What was the date at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) July 31.
(b) August 3.
(c) August 1.
(d) July 15.
2. In which direction were the swamps near Philadelphia that had lost water due to the intense heat?
3. What was the name of one of the rivers that was drying up near Philadelphia?
4. What were the sewers called in Philadelphia?
5. Where did the sloop Amelia come from?
(c) Santo Domingo.
6. What cargo did the sloop Amelia bring to Philadelphia?
7. What was the largest city in North America in 1793?
(a) New York.
8. How many people lived in Philadelphia in 1793?
9. How many shops were in Philadelphia in 1793?
10. Who lent his house to George and Martha Washington?
(a) Thomas Jefferson.
(b) Robert Morris.
(c) Benjamin Rush.
(d) Matthew Clarkson
11. How did Louis XVI die?
(c) Shot by a firing squad.
(d) In a dungeon with no food or water.
This section contains 2,855 words
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)