|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who backed Lindbergh financially?
2. What does Denenberg say Roosevelt thought about Lindbergh?
3. Why did Lindbergh keep to a strict timetable?
4. Where were Lindbergh and Anne Morrow married?
5. How did Lindbergh shock people in 1941?
Short Essay Questions
1. What effect did Lindbergh's report on Germany's air strength have?
2. Describe Lindbergh's publicity tour.
3. What events undermined Lindbergh's political position?
4. How does Denenberg characterize the Lindberghs' lives during the 1950s and 60s?
5. Describe the conditions of Lindbergh's death.
6. What criticism was leveled at the Lindberghs after the birth of their second son?
7. Who was ultimately responsible for the Lindbergh baby's abduction and murder?
8. Who was Graveyard John?
9. What was Lindbergh employed at during the trial of Bruno Hauptmann?
10. Describe the Lindberghs' literary successes after World War II.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What event or decision illustrated Lindbergh's true character? Make an argument from the evidence in the book.
Essay Topic 2
In what way specifically is Lindbergh an 'American' hero? Identify the trait that makes his story an American story.
Essay Topic 3
Where is the climax of this book? Are there different climaxes? What questions does each climax resolve? What questions does each climax leave unanswered?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)