|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Lindbergh's estimation of Hitler?
2. What was the Lindberghs' second child's name?
3. How did Lindbergh shock people in 1941?
4. When was Lindbergh's autobiography published?
5. When did Lindbergh's view become a minority view?
Short Essay Questions
1. What criticism was leveled at the Lindberghs after the birth of their second son?
2. What did Lindbergh do to turn people decisively against him?
3. Who was ultimately responsible for the Lindbergh baby's abduction and murder?
4. What was Lindbergh doing for work after he was married?
5. What was found when Lindbergh's baby was discovered missing?
6. Describe the Lindberghs' literary successes after World War II.
7. What did Lindbergh see in his visits to Germany?
8. What events undermined Lindbergh's political position?
9. What efforts did the Lindberghs have to take to avoid the press?
10. Describe the controversy Lindbergh was embroiled in over the air mail.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what way specifically is Lindbergh an 'American' hero? Identify the trait that makes his story an American story.
Essay Topic 2
Evaluate your own reading of "An American Hero" -- did you resist it, or were you compelled by the story? What does your reading tell you about yourself and your interests? Use specific examples from the book to describe yourself as a reader.
Essay Topic 3
Where was Charles Lindbergh most comfortable, and on top of his game? Where was he least comfortable? How did he develop strategies for fostering his strengths, and protecting or hiding or compensating for his weaknesses?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)