|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the Lindberghs move to?
2. What did Lindbergh do to allow himself to speak openly about politics?
3. What did Lindbergh think was the best way to handle the investigation?
4. Who was the controversy centered around?
5. Where did the Lindberghs live after the war?
Short Essay Questions
1. What role did Lindbergh's wife play in Lindbergh's thinking in the buildup to World War II?
2. What effect did Lindbergh's report on Germany's air strength have?
3. Describe the Lindberghs' literary successes after World War II.
4. What events undermined Lindbergh's political position?
5. How does Denenberg characterize the Lindberghs' lives during the 1950s and 60s?
6. What criticism was leveled at the Lindberghs after the birth of their second son?
7. What did Lindbergh do during the war?
8. What was Lindbergh doing for work after he was married?
9. What was found when Lindbergh's baby was discovered missing?
10. Who was Graveyard John?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What experiences in early life explain Lindbergh's embrace of white supremacist ideas later in life? What aspects of white supremacy were attractive to him?
Essay Topic 2
What event or decision illustrated Lindbergh's true character? Make an argument from the evidence in the book.
Essay Topic 3
Evaluate your own reading of "An American Hero" -- did you resist it, or were you compelled by the story? What does your reading tell you about yourself and your interests? Use specific examples from the book to describe yourself as a reader.
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)