|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did this journey take Lindbergh?
2. Why did Lindbergh keep to a strict timetable?
3. How did Lindbergh shock people in 1941?
4. What was Lindbergh's stance on Roosevelt's action?
5. What had the kidnapper used to get into the house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the problems with the investigation in the Lindberghs' baby's disappearance?
2. Describe the resurgence of Lindbergh's popularity in the 1960s.
3. What effect did Lindbergh's report on Germany's air strength have?
4. What efforts did the Lindberghs have to take to avoid the press?
5. What was Lindbergh's relationship with Dr. Carrel?
6. What did Lindbergh do during the war?
7. What was Lindbergh's political stance in the late 1930s?
8. What was found when Lindbergh's baby was discovered missing?
9. How does Denenberg characterize the Lindberghs' lives during the 1950s and 60s?
10. What did Lindbergh see in his visits to Germany?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were Presidents Kennedy and Johnson invoking by inviting Lindbergh to state dinners at the White House? How did they distinguish between Lindbergh the aviator and Lindbergh the Nazi propagandist?
Essay Topic 2
Write an evaluative review of "An American Hero". What is this book's place in culture? What are its uses? Who is its audience? What are its limitations?
Essay Topic 3
If Charles Lindbergh were a student today, what field would he have dropped out of school to work in? What areas today hold the promise that aviation held in the mid-1920s?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)