|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lindbergh do to allow himself to speak openly about politics?
2. How much did the Lindberghs give Graveyard John?
3. When did Lindbergh's view become a minority view?
4. How does Denenberg characterize Hauptmann's defense?
5. What was Anne Lindbergh's position on her husband's views?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Lindbergh's relationship with Dr. Carrel?
2. What did Lindbergh do during the war?
3. What was Lindbergh's political stance in the late 1930s?
4. Describe the conditions of Lindbergh's death.
5. What was Lindbergh doing for work after he was married?
6. What events undermined Lindbergh's political position?
7. Describe Lindbergh's marriage to Anne Morrow.
8. Who was Graveyard John?
9. Describe the Lindberghs' literary successes after World War II.
10. How did Lindbergh's opinion of Germany change the public's view of him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what way specifically is Lindbergh an 'American' hero? Identify the trait that makes his story an American story.
Essay Topic 2
If Charles Lindbergh were a student today, what field would he have dropped out of school to work in? What areas today hold the promise that aviation held in the mid-1920s?
Essay Topic 3
Taking Lindbergh's entire life into consideration, assess whether 'Lucky Lindy' is a fair nickname for him. Does it apply better in some parts of his life than others?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)