|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did this journey take Lindbergh?
2. What was Lindbergh's relation with the media after World War II?
3. How did Lindbergh shock people in 1941?
4. What did Roosevelt offer Lindbergh?
5. What did the media call the Lindberghs' estate in Hopewell?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Lindbergh employed at during the trial of Bruno Hauptmann?
2. What effect did Lindbergh's report on Germany's air strength have?
3. What was Lindbergh doing for work after he was married?
4. What criticism was leveled at the Lindberghs after the birth of their second son?
5. How does Denenberg characterize the Lindberghs' lives during the 1950s and 60s?
6. What efforts did the Lindberghs have to take to avoid the press?
7. Describe Lindbergh's marriage to Anne Morrow.
8. Describe the controversy Lindbergh was embroiled in over the air mail.
9. What was Lindbergh's political stance in the late 1930s?
10. What did Lindbergh see in his visits to Germany?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Where is the climax of this book? Are there different climaxes? What questions does each climax resolve? What questions does each climax leave unanswered?
Essay Topic 2
Where was Charles Lindbergh most comfortable, and on top of his game? Where was he least comfortable? How did he develop strategies for fostering his strengths, and protecting or hiding or compensating for his weaknesses?
Essay Topic 3
What were Presidents Kennedy and Johnson invoking by inviting Lindbergh to state dinners at the White House? How did they distinguish between Lindbergh the aviator and Lindbergh the Nazi propagandist?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)