|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Anne Morrow Lindbergh's "A Gift from the Sea" received?
2. How successful was Lindbergh at keeping to his strict schedule?
3. Where did Charles and Anne Morrow Lindbergh depart for, soon after the birth of their second son?
4. When did Lindbergh's view become a minority view?
5. When was Lindbergh's autobiography published?
Short Essay Questions
1. What efforts did the Lindberghs have to take to avoid the press?
2. What did Lindbergh see in his visits to Germany?
3. What effect did Lindbergh's report on Germany's air strength have?
4. Describe Lindbergh's publicity tour.
5. What was Lindbergh employed at during the trial of Bruno Hauptmann?
6. What were the problems with the investigation in the Lindberghs' baby's disappearance?
7. Who was ultimately responsible for the Lindbergh baby's abduction and murder?
8. What was Lindbergh's political stance in the late 1930s?
9. Describe the controversy Lindbergh was embroiled in over the air mail.
10. Describe the Lindberghs' literary successes after World War II.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you think that the media were fair to accuse the Lindberghs of abandoning their second child when they departed for a tour of Europe shortly after his birth?
Essay Topic 2
What is missing from this book? What should have been covered or presented that was not? What is the effect of this absence? Describe an element that ought to have been covered, and explain why it would have made the book stronger.
Essay Topic 3
Distinguish, if you can, the phenomenon surrounding the transatlantic flight, which was obviously fascinating to the public, no matter who flew it, and Charles Lindbergh's personal contribution to aviation. The public was obviously already crazy for aviation--how did Charles Lindbergh himself affect the public's interest?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)