|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Lindbergh working to complete in July 1927?
2. Who was the controversy centered around?
3. When did Lindbergh's view become a minority view?
4. What was Lindbergh's estimation of Nazi Germany?
5. Who was Dr. Carrell?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the resurgence of Lindbergh's popularity in the 1960s.
2. Describe the controversy Lindbergh was embroiled in over the air mail.
3. What was Lindbergh employed at during the trial of Bruno Hauptmann?
4. What efforts did the Lindberghs have to take to avoid the press?
5. What did Lindbergh do during the war?
6. What role did Lindbergh's wife play in Lindbergh's thinking in the buildup to World War II?
7. What was found when Lindbergh's baby was discovered missing?
8. What was Lindbergh doing for work after he was married?
9. How did Lindbergh's opinion of Germany change the public's view of him?
10. What criticism was leveled at the Lindberghs after the birth of their second son?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Denenberg says that Lindbergh's journals may have been written after the fact--to what extent does Lindbergh's life seem to have been revised or elaborated after the fact, to change Lindbergh's image in the public's eyes? How was the experience different from the account?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Anne Morrow Lindbergh's role in Lindbergh's life. How did she change him? What did he do differently after he was married? Evaluate her influence on his life.
Essay Topic 3
Taking Lindbergh's entire life into consideration, assess whether 'Lucky Lindy' is a fair nickname for him. Does it apply better in some parts of his life than others?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)