|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Colonel Schwarzkopf?
2. Why had Lindbergh flown to meet Morrow?
3. How does Denenberg characterize Hauptmann's defense?
4. What prize did Lindbergh's autobiography win?
5. What did Roosevelt offer Lindbergh?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Lindbergh's political stance in the late 1930s?
2. What criticism was leveled at the Lindberghs after the birth of their second son?
3. Describe the conditions of Lindbergh's death.
4. What did Lindbergh do during the war?
5. What role did Lindbergh's wife play in Lindbergh's thinking in the buildup to World War II?
6. How does Denenberg characterize the Lindberghs' lives during the 1950s and 60s?
7. Who was Graveyard John?
8. What did Lindbergh do to turn people decisively against him?
9. What was Lindbergh's relationship with Dr. Carrel?
10. What was Lindbergh doing for work after he was married?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an evaluative review of "An American Hero". What is this book's place in culture? What are its uses? Who is its audience? What are its limitations?
Essay Topic 2
Denenberg says that Lindbergh's journals may have been written after the fact--to what extent does Lindbergh's life seem to have been revised or elaborated after the fact, to change Lindbergh's image in the public's eyes? How was the experience different from the account?
Essay Topic 3
In what way specifically is Lindbergh an 'American' hero? Identify the trait that makes his story an American story.
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)