|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Lindbergh given by Goering?
2. Who did the Lindberghs visit in 1937 and 1938?
3. How successful was Lindbergh at keeping to his strict schedule?
4. How did Lindbergh shock people in 1941?
5. What did Lindbergh advocate in 1939?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Lindbergh's political stance in the late 1930s?
2. What was Lindbergh employed at during the trial of Bruno Hauptmann?
3. What effect did Lindbergh's report on Germany's air strength have?
4. What efforts did the Lindberghs have to take to avoid the press?
5. What were the problems with the investigation in the Lindberghs' baby's disappearance?
6. Describe the controversy Lindbergh was embroiled in over the air mail.
7. Who was Graveyard John?
8. How does Denenberg characterize the Lindberghs' lives during the 1950s and 60s?
9. Describe Lindbergh's publicity tour.
10. What did Lindbergh see in his visits to Germany?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What made Lindbergh susceptible to believing Goering's exaggerated estimate of the Luftwaffe's strength?
Essay Topic 2
Where is the climax of this book? Are there different climaxes? What questions does each climax resolve? What questions does each climax leave unanswered?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the role of crowds and the media in Charles Lindbergh's life. How did the people's and the media's presence affect Lindbergh, and how did it influence his decisions and lifestyle?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)