|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Roosevelt offer Lindbergh?
2. Why did Lindbergh keep to a strict timetable?
3. What did Lindbergh do to allow himself to speak openly about politics?
4. What was Lindbergh's stance on Roosevelt's action?
5. What did Lindbergh do after World War II?
Essay Topic 1
How did Charles Lindbergh change over the course of his life? Describe his temperament as a young man, and the influences that changed him as he matured.
Essay Topic 2
What were Presidents Kennedy and Johnson invoking by inviting Lindbergh to state dinners at the White House? How did they distinguish between Lindbergh the aviator and Lindbergh the Nazi propagandist?
Essay Topic 3
Write a character sketch of the author based on his style and content. What values does he hold dear? What are his hopes and fears? What kind of person do you think he is? Anchor your sketch in passages in the book.
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)