|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What impression did Goering give Lindbergh of the Luftwaffe?
2. How was Anne Morrow Lindbergh's "A Gift from the Sea" received?
3. How successful was Lindbergh at keeping to his strict schedule?
4. What did Roosevelt offer Lindbergh?
5. What influence had Lindbergh had on the practice of appeasement?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Graveyard John?
2. What did Lindbergh do to turn people decisively against him?
3. Who was ultimately responsible for the Lindbergh baby's abduction and murder?
4. What were the problems with the investigation in the Lindberghs' baby's disappearance?
5. What was Lindbergh doing for work after he was married?
6. Describe Lindbergh's marriage to Anne Morrow.
7. What role did Lindbergh's wife play in Lindbergh's thinking in the buildup to World War II?
8. What was Lindbergh's relationship with Dr. Carrel?
9. What criticism was leveled at the Lindberghs after the birth of their second son?
10. Describe the conditions of Lindbergh's death.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What event or decision illustrated Lindbergh's true character? Make an argument from the evidence in the book.
Essay Topic 2
Describe Anne Morrow Lindbergh's role in Lindbergh's life. How did she change him? What did he do differently after he was married? Evaluate her influence on his life.
Essay Topic 3
Taking Lindbergh's entire life into consideration, assess whether 'Lucky Lindy' is a fair nickname for him. Does it apply better in some parts of his life than others?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)