|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened a month after Lindbergh's award?
2. What did Lindbergh embark on in late summer 1927?
3. Who was Graveyard John?
4. What did Lindbergh do after World War II?
5. What was Lindbergh's estimation of Germany's air strength?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Lindbergh's opinion of Germany change the public's view of him?
2. Who was Graveyard John?
3. Describe the conditions of Lindbergh's death.
4. What was Lindbergh's relationship with Dr. Carrel?
5. What was found when Lindbergh's baby was discovered missing?
6. Who was ultimately responsible for the Lindbergh baby's abduction and murder?
7. What did Lindbergh see in his visits to Germany?
8. What did Lindbergh do during the war?
9. What was Lindbergh's political stance in the late 1930s?
10. Describe Lindbergh's publicity tour.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
If Charles Lindbergh were a student today, what field would he have dropped out of school to work in? What areas today hold the promise that aviation held in the mid-1920s?
Essay Topic 2
What experiences in early life explain Lindbergh's embrace of white supremacist ideas later in life? What aspects of white supremacy were attractive to him?
Essay Topic 3
In what way specifically is Lindbergh an 'American' hero? Identify the trait that makes his story an American story.
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)