|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did this journey take Lindbergh?
2. What stance did Lindbergh take with his earlier support of the Nazis?
3. Who conceded territory to Hitler?
4. When did Lindbergh's view become a minority view?
5. How much did the Lindberghs give Graveyard John?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Lindbergh do to turn people decisively against him?
2. What was Lindbergh employed at during the trial of Bruno Hauptmann?
3. How did Lindbergh's opinion of Germany change the public's view of him?
4. What criticism was leveled at the Lindberghs after the birth of their second son?
5. What events undermined Lindbergh's political position?
6. Who was ultimately responsible for the Lindbergh baby's abduction and murder?
7. What effect did Lindbergh's report on Germany's air strength have?
8. Describe Lindbergh's marriage to Anne Morrow.
9. What was Lindbergh's relationship with Dr. Carrel?
10. Describe Lindbergh's publicity tour.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Distinguish, if you can, the phenomenon surrounding the transatlantic flight, which was obviously fascinating to the public, no matter who flew it, and Charles Lindbergh's personal contribution to aviation. The public was obviously already crazy for aviation--how did Charles Lindbergh himself affect the public's interest?
Essay Topic 2
What experiences in early life explain Lindbergh's embrace of white supremacist ideas later in life? What aspects of white supremacy were attractive to him?
Essay Topic 3
Do you think that the media were fair to accuse the Lindberghs of abandoning their second child when they departed for a tour of Europe shortly after his birth?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)