|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the Lindberghs' son kidnapped?
2. When was Lindbergh asked to visit Germany?
3. What effort did Lindbergh contribute to the war effort?
4. What did the media call the Lindberghs' estate in Hopewell?
5. What was Anne Lindbergh's position on her husband's views?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Lindbergh see in his visits to Germany?
2. Describe the controversy Lindbergh was embroiled in over the air mail.
3. Who was Graveyard John?
4. What was Lindbergh's relationship with Dr. Carrel?
5. How does Denenberg characterize the Lindberghs' lives during the 1950s and 60s?
6. What effect did Lindbergh's report on Germany's air strength have?
7. What were the problems with the investigation in the Lindberghs' baby's disappearance?
8. Describe the resurgence of Lindbergh's popularity in the 1960s.
9. What was Lindbergh's political stance in the late 1930s?
10. What was found when Lindbergh's baby was discovered missing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a character sketch of the author based on his style and content. What values does he hold dear? What are his hopes and fears? What kind of person do you think he is? Anchor your sketch in passages in the book.
Essay Topic 2
Where is the climax of this book? Are there different climaxes? What questions does each climax resolve? What questions does each climax leave unanswered?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Anne Morrow Lindbergh's role in Lindbergh's life. How did she change him? What did he do differently after he was married? Evaluate her influence on his life.
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)