|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Lindbergh shock people in 1941?
2. Who did Lindbergh and Schwarzkopf suspect of the kidnapping?
3. What did people question after Lindbergh's 1941 speech in Des Moines?
4. Who was Dr. Carrell?
5. What changed Lindbergh's view to a minority position?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Graveyard John?
2. Describe the conditions of Lindbergh's death.
3. Describe the Lindberghs' literary successes after World War II.
4. What effect did Lindbergh's report on Germany's air strength have?
5. What role did Lindbergh's wife play in Lindbergh's thinking in the buildup to World War II?
6. What were the problems with the investigation in the Lindberghs' baby's disappearance?
7. What did Lindbergh do during the war?
8. Describe Lindbergh's marriage to Anne Morrow.
9. Describe Lindbergh's publicity tour.
10. What was Lindbergh's relationship with Dr. Carrel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Anne Morrow Lindbergh's role in Lindbergh's life. How did she change him? What did he do differently after he was married? Evaluate her influence on his life.
Essay Topic 2
How did Charles Lindbergh change over the course of his life? Describe his temperament as a young man, and the influences that changed him as he matured.
Essay Topic 3
What were Presidents Kennedy and Johnson invoking by inviting Lindbergh to state dinners at the White House? How did they distinguish between Lindbergh the aviator and Lindbergh the Nazi propagandist?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)