|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What influence had Lindbergh had on the practice of appeasement?
2. What prize did Lindbergh's autobiography win?
3. What were the Lindberghs criticized for, by making this trip?
4. How did investigators finally find the kidnapper?
5. Who was the controversy centered around?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the problems with the investigation in the Lindberghs' baby's disappearance?
2. Who was Graveyard John?
3. What role did Lindbergh's wife play in Lindbergh's thinking in the buildup to World War II?
4. Describe the conditions of Lindbergh's death.
5. How did Lindbergh's opinion of Germany change the public's view of him?
6. What effect did Lindbergh's report on Germany's air strength have?
7. What did Lindbergh see in his visits to Germany?
8. Describe the Lindberghs' literary successes after World War II.
9. Describe Lindbergh's publicity tour.
10. What was found when Lindbergh's baby was discovered missing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What experiences in early life explain Lindbergh's embrace of white supremacist ideas later in life? What aspects of white supremacy were attractive to him?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the role of crowds and the media in Charles Lindbergh's life. How did the people's and the media's presence affect Lindbergh, and how did it influence his decisions and lifestyle?
Essay Topic 3
What is missing from this book? What should have been covered or presented that was not? What is the effect of this absence? Describe an element that ought to have been covered, and explain why it would have made the book stronger.
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)