|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the media call the Lindberghs' estate in Hopewell?
2. When was the Lindberghs' son kidnapped?
3. What position did Lindbergh articulate as spokesman for the America First Committee?
4. Where did Charles and Anne Morrow Lindbergh depart for, soon after the birth of their second son?
5. What was Lindbergh's advice to England and America?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Lindbergh's publicity tour.
2. What did Lindbergh see in his visits to Germany?
3. Describe Lindbergh's marriage to Anne Morrow.
4. What efforts did the Lindberghs have to take to avoid the press?
5. What was Lindbergh doing for work after he was married?
6. Describe the conditions of Lindbergh's death.
7. What was Lindbergh's political stance in the late 1930s?
8. Who was ultimately responsible for the Lindbergh baby's abduction and murder?
9. What was Lindbergh's relationship with Dr. Carrel?
10. How does Denenberg characterize the Lindberghs' lives during the 1950s and 60s?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Charles Lindbergh change over the course of his life? Describe his temperament as a young man, and the influences that changed him as he matured.
Essay Topic 2
Describe Anne Morrow Lindbergh's role in Lindbergh's life. How did she change him? What did he do differently after he was married? Evaluate her influence on his life.
Essay Topic 3
What experiences in early life explain Lindbergh's embrace of white supremacist ideas later in life? What aspects of white supremacy were attractive to him?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)