|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did investigators finally find the kidnapper?
2. What does Denenberg say Charles and Anne Morrow Lindbergh tried to do between the kidnapping the Hauptmann's execution?
3. When did Lindbergh's view become a minority view?
4. What had changed in Germany's military?
5. What did Lindbergh do after World War II?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Lindbergh's opinion of Germany change the public's view of him?
2. What were the problems with the investigation in the Lindberghs' baby's disappearance?
3. What criticism was leveled at the Lindberghs after the birth of their second son?
4. What did Lindbergh do during the war?
5. Who was Graveyard John?
6. What was Lindbergh doing for work after he was married?
7. What events undermined Lindbergh's political position?
8. What was found when Lindbergh's baby was discovered missing?
9. What was Lindbergh's political stance in the late 1930s?
10. Describe Lindbergh's publicity tour.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you think that the media were fair to accuse the Lindberghs of abandoning their second child when they departed for a tour of Europe shortly after his birth?
Essay Topic 2
Write a character sketch of the author based on his style and content. What values does he hold dear? What are his hopes and fears? What kind of person do you think he is? Anchor your sketch in passages in the book.
Essay Topic 3
What made Lindbergh susceptible to believing Goering's exaggerated estimate of the Luftwaffe's strength?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)