|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How successful was Lindbergh at keeping to his strict schedule?
2. What did Lindbergh do to allow himself to speak openly about politics?
3. What was Lindbergh's estimation of Germany's air strength?
4. What did people question after Lindbergh's 1941 speech in Des Moines?
5. Who starred in the movie version of Lindbergh's transatlantic flight?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Lindbergh's publicity tour.
2. What was Lindbergh's relationship with Dr. Carrel?
3. How does Denenberg characterize the Lindberghs' lives during the 1950s and 60s?
4. What was found when Lindbergh's baby was discovered missing?
5. Who was ultimately responsible for the Lindbergh baby's abduction and murder?
6. What did Lindbergh do during the war?
7. What efforts did the Lindberghs have to take to avoid the press?
8. Who was Graveyard John?
9. What was Lindbergh employed at during the trial of Bruno Hauptmann?
10. What criticism was leveled at the Lindberghs after the birth of their second son?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Where is the climax of this book? Are there different climaxes? What questions does each climax resolve? What questions does each climax leave unanswered?
Essay Topic 2
How did Charles Lindbergh change over the course of his life? Describe his temperament as a young man, and the influences that changed him as he matured.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the role of crowds and the media in Charles Lindbergh's life. How did the people's and the media's presence affect Lindbergh, and how did it influence his decisions and lifestyle?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)