|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who starred in the movie version of Lindbergh's transatlantic flight?
2. What was the subject of the controversy Lindbergh was embroiled in in 1934?
3. What was Lindbergh given by Goering?
4. Why did Lindbergh keep to a strict timetable?
5. What did the media call the Lindberghs' estate in Hopewell?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What made Lindbergh susceptible to believing Goering's exaggerated estimate of the Luftwaffe's strength?
Essay Topic 2
Do you think that the media were fair to accuse the Lindberghs of abandoning their second child when they departed for a tour of Europe shortly after his birth?
Essay Topic 3
Write an evaluative review of "An American Hero". What is this book's place in culture? What are its uses? Who is its audience? What are its limitations?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)