|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What influence had Lindbergh had on the practice of appeasement?
2. What was Anne Lindbergh's position on her husband's views?
3. What prize did Lindbergh's autobiography win?
4. How does Denenberg characterize the investigation of the Lindberghs' baby?
5. How did Lindbergh shock people in 1941?
Short Essay Questions
1. What events undermined Lindbergh's political position?
2. Describe Lindbergh's publicity tour.
3. What were the problems with the investigation in the Lindberghs' baby's disappearance?
4. Describe Lindbergh's marriage to Anne Morrow.
5. What was Lindbergh employed at during the trial of Bruno Hauptmann?
6. Describe the conditions of Lindbergh's death.
7. What did Lindbergh see in his visits to Germany?
8. Who was ultimately responsible for the Lindbergh baby's abduction and murder?
9. What criticism was leveled at the Lindberghs after the birth of their second son?
10. What did Lindbergh do during the war?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
If Charles Lindbergh were a student today, what field would he have dropped out of school to work in? What areas today hold the promise that aviation held in the mid-1920s?
Essay Topic 2
Write a character sketch of the author based on his style and content. What values does he hold dear? What are his hopes and fears? What kind of person do you think he is? Anchor your sketch in passages in the book.
Essay Topic 3
Taking Lindbergh's entire life into consideration, assess whether 'Lucky Lindy' is a fair nickname for him. Does it apply better in some parts of his life than others?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)