|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were Lindbergh and Anne Morrow married?
2. When was Lindbergh asked to visit Germany?
3. Why did Lindbergh keep to a strict timetable?
4. How did Lindbergh shock people in 1941?
5. Where did the Lindberghs move to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Lindberghs' literary successes after World War II.
2. What did Lindbergh see in his visits to Germany?
3. What did Lindbergh do to turn people decisively against him?
4. What criticism was leveled at the Lindberghs after the birth of their second son?
5. What efforts did the Lindberghs have to take to avoid the press?
6. Describe the resurgence of Lindbergh's popularity in the 1960s.
7. How does Denenberg characterize the Lindberghs' lives during the 1950s and 60s?
8. What effect did Lindbergh's report on Germany's air strength have?
9. Describe the conditions of Lindbergh's death.
10. Describe the controversy Lindbergh was embroiled in over the air mail.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What made Lindbergh susceptible to believing Goering's exaggerated estimate of the Luftwaffe's strength?
Essay Topic 2
Where was Charles Lindbergh most comfortable, and on top of his game? Where was he least comfortable? How did he develop strategies for fostering his strengths, and protecting or hiding or compensating for his weaknesses?
Essay Topic 3
Do you think that the media were fair to accuse the Lindberghs of abandoning their second child when they departed for a tour of Europe shortly after his birth?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)