|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Lindbergh greet a crowd after sleeping in Paris?
2. What happened to The Spirit of St. Louis after Lindbergh landed?
3. What had Lindbergh been worried about, in terms of landing in France?
4. What did Lindbergh fly without, on his transatlantic flight?
5. What would Charles Lindbergh do for Erold Bahl?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Lindbergh employed at during the trial of Bruno Hauptmann?
2. Why did the public swing behind Lindbergh?
3. What did Lindbergh do during the war?
4. Describe the resurgence of Lindbergh's popularity in the 1960s.
5. What offers were made to Lindbergh, and how did he respond to them?
6. What events undermined Lindbergh's political position?
7. What was Lindbergh doing for work after he was married?
8. Describe the conditions of Lindbergh's death.
9. Who was Graveyard John?
10. Where did Lindbergh learn to fly officially?
Essay Topic 1
Do you think that the media were fair to accuse the Lindberghs of abandoning their second child when they departed for a tour of Europe shortly after his birth?
Essay Topic 2
What is missing from this book? What should have been covered or presented that was not? What is the effect of this absence? Describe an element that ought to have been covered, and explain why it would have made the book stronger.
Essay Topic 3
Write an evaluative review of "An American Hero". What is this book's place in culture? What are its uses? Who is its audience? What are its limitations?
This section contains 1,115 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)