|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Denenberg say Lindbergh characterized the camera men to himself?
2. What was Lindbergh's nickname?
3. What happened to the flyers who set out for the Orteig prize before Lindbergh?
4. What did Lindbergh fly without, on his transatlantic flight?
5. What did have to do in the 14th hour to set things to rights again?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Lindbergh's first plane.
2. What was the importance of Lindbergh's double parachute jump?
3. What does Denenberg say about C.A. Lindbergh's marriage with Evangeline Lodge Land?
4. What offers were made to Lindbergh, and how did he respond to them?
5. What was the Orteig prize?
6. From what did Lindbergh leave for Paris, and when did he leave?
7. How was Lindbergh's decision about where to put the fuel tank unconventional?
8. What did Lindbergh find when he arrived in Paris?
9. What is the Lindbergh family history before Charles Lindbergh, the aviator and subject of this biography, was born?
10. How did Lindbergh prevent himself falling asleep?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an evaluative review of "An American Hero". What is this book's place in culture? What are its uses? Who is its audience? What are its limitations?
Essay Topic 2
Do you think that the media were fair to accuse the Lindberghs of abandoning their second child when they departed for a tour of Europe shortly after his birth?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Anne Morrow Lindbergh's role in Lindbergh's life. How did she change him? What did he do differently after he was married? Evaluate her influence on his life.
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)