|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was C.A. Lindbergh's mother's house?
2. What did Charles Lindbergh do while he was an air mail pilot?
3. How far was the first powered flight?
4. What was it about Lindbergh's flight that captivated the public, according to Denenberg?
5. Who were Lindbergh's competitors funded by?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why didn't Lindbergh like the press?
2. What offers were made to Lindbergh, and how did he respond to them?
3. How did Lindbergh prevent himself falling asleep?
4. What special accommodations did Lindbergh make to increase his chances of success?
5. Describe Charles Lindbergh's education.
6. What was Lindbergh's competition like?
7. What was Lindbergh's theory for crossing the Atlantic?
8. What was the Orteig prize?
9. How does Denenberg describe Lindbergh's love of mechanical things?
10. What did Lindbergh find when he arrived in Paris?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Distinguish, if you can, the phenomenon surrounding the transatlantic flight, which was obviously fascinating to the public, no matter who flew it, and Charles Lindbergh's personal contribution to aviation. The public was obviously already crazy for aviation--how did Charles Lindbergh himself affect the public's interest?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Anne Morrow Lindbergh's role in Lindbergh's life. How did she change him? What did he do differently after he was married? Evaluate her influence on his life.
Essay Topic 3
What is missing from this book? What should have been covered or presented that was not? What is the effect of this absence? Describe an element that ought to have been covered, and explain why it would have made the book stronger.
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)