|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Charles Lindbergh work as a teenager?
2. How would barnstormers make money?
3. What did Lindbergh see in the 27th hour?
4. What did the relative who taught Charles Lindbergh to tinker do for a career?
5. Where did C.A. Lindbergh come to the U.S. from?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did driving figure in Charles Lindbergh's early education?
2. What did Lindbergh find when he arrived in Paris?
3. What offers were made to Lindbergh, and how did he respond to them?
4. Where did Lindbergh learn to fly officially?
5. Describe Lindbergh's arrival in New York.
6. From what did Lindbergh leave for Paris, and when did he leave?
7. What special accommodations did Lindbergh make to increase his chances of success?
8. Why did the public swing behind Lindbergh?
9. What was Lindbergh's nickname, and how did he feel about it?
10. What problem did Lindbergh encounter for flying too high, and how did he solve it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What made Lindbergh susceptible to believing Goering's exaggerated estimate of the Luftwaffe's strength?
Essay Topic 2
What experiences in early life explain Lindbergh's embrace of white supremacist ideas later in life? What aspects of white supremacy were attractive to him?
Essay Topic 3
Where is the climax of this book? Are there different climaxes? What questions does each climax resolve? What questions does each climax leave unanswered?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)