|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What business were Orville and Wilbur Wright in, when they invented the airplane in 1903?
2. What was Le Bourget like when Lindbergh landed?
3. How much did it cost to built The Spirit of St. Louis?
4. What goal did Lindbergh ask the manufacturers to aim for with The Spirit of St. Louis?
5. When was Charles Lindbergh's first flight?
Short Essay Questions
1. What special accommodations did Lindbergh make to increase his chances of success?
2. Why didn't Lindbergh like the press?
3. What did Lindbergh find when he arrived in Paris?
4. Where did Lindbergh go after his arrival in Paris?
5. Describe Lindbergh's arrival in New York.
6. What had Lindbergh expected to find on his arrival in France?
7. What was Lindbergh's reputation as a pilot?
8. What caveat does Denenberg offer for the journal entries included in chapter 5?
9. Describe Charles Lindbergh's education.
10. What does Denenberg say about C.A. Lindbergh's marriage with Evangeline Lodge Land?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What made Lindbergh susceptible to believing Goering's exaggerated estimate of the Luftwaffe's strength?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Anne Morrow Lindbergh's role in Lindbergh's life. How did she change him? What did he do differently after he was married? Evaluate her influence on his life.
Essay Topic 3
How did Charles Lindbergh change over the course of his life? Describe his temperament as a young man, and the influences that changed him as he matured.
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)