|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How would barnstormers make money?
2. Who was Shorty Lynch?
3. What does Denenberg say Lindbergh received in the mail after returning to the U.S.?
4. How did Lindbergh keep track of fuel consumption on his flight to Paris?
5. What was the reaction to Lindbergh's transatlantic flight?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Lindbergh family history before Charles Lindbergh, the aviator and subject of this biography, was born?
2. What had Lindbergh planned to do after arriving in Paris?
3. Describe Lindbergh's arrival in New York.
4. How was Lindbergh's decision about where to put the fuel tank unconventional?
5. What was Lindbergh's competition like?
6. Describe the crowds that were present for Lindbergh's departure.
7. When was Lindbergh's first flight?
8. What obstacle did Lindbergh have to overcome off the coast of Nova Scotia?
9. What caveat does Denenberg offer for the journal entries included in chapter 5?
10. What does Denenberg say about C.A. Lindbergh's marriage with Evangeline Lodge Land?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What experiences in early life explain Lindbergh's embrace of white supremacist ideas later in life? What aspects of white supremacy were attractive to him?
Essay Topic 2
Write an evaluative review of "An American Hero". What is this book's place in culture? What are its uses? Who is its audience? What are its limitations?
Essay Topic 3
Taking Lindbergh's entire life into consideration, assess whether 'Lucky Lindy' is a fair nickname for him. Does it apply better in some parts of his life than others?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)