|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of celebration was Lindbergh treated to in New York?
2. When did Lindbergh sight the Eiffel Tower?
3. What happened to Lindbergh after landing?
4. How long did Lindbergh sleep after landing?
5. What drew Lindbergh to the facility where he learned to fly?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Lindbergh's publicity tour.
2. What was Lindbergh's political stance in the late 1930s?
3. What special accommodations did Lindbergh make to increase his chances of success?
4. What was Lindbergh's reputation as a pilot?
5. How did Lindbergh handle publicity?
6. What was the importance of Lindbergh's double parachute jump?
7. How did Lindbergh prevent himself falling asleep?
8. What obstacle did Lindbergh have to overcome off the coast of Nova Scotia?
9. What events undermined Lindbergh's political position?
10. What had Lindbergh planned to do after arriving in Paris?
Essay Topic 1
What should Lindbergh be remembered for now? Using evidence from the book, and analysis of today's culture, describe the value of Lindbergh's legacy today.
Essay Topic 2
In what way specifically is Lindbergh an 'American' hero? Identify the trait that makes his story an American story.
Essay Topic 3
If Charles Lindbergh were a student today, what field would he have dropped out of school to work in? What areas today hold the promise that aviation held in the mid-1920s?
This section contains 1,132 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)