|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was it about Lindbergh's flight that captivated the public, according to Denenberg?
2. When did Lindbergh make his transatlantic flight?
3. Who were Lindbergh's competitors funded by?
4. Where did Lindbergh greet a crowd after sleeping in Paris?
5. What did Lindbergh feel about his nickname?
Short Essay Questions
1. From what did Lindbergh leave for Paris, and when did he leave?
2. What had Lindbergh planned to do after arriving in Paris?
3. Why did the public swing behind Lindbergh?
4. What was Lindbergh's theory for crossing the Atlantic?
5. What was Lindbergh's competition like?
6. Describe Lindbergh's early education in aviation.
7. Where did Lindbergh learn to fly officially?
8. How does Denenberg describe Lindbergh's love of mechanical things?
9. How did Lindbergh prevent himself falling asleep?
10. Describe Charles Lindbergh's education.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is missing from this book? What should have been covered or presented that was not? What is the effect of this absence? Describe an element that ought to have been covered, and explain why it would have made the book stronger.
Essay Topic 2
Where was Charles Lindbergh most comfortable, and on top of his game? Where was he least comfortable? How did he develop strategies for fostering his strengths, and protecting or hiding or compensating for his weaknesses?
Essay Topic 3
If Charles Lindbergh were a student today, what field would he have dropped out of school to work in? What areas today hold the promise that aviation held in the mid-1920s?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)