|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Lindbergh brought with him on account of this worry?
2. Who was Erold Bahl?
3. What will sleep mean for Lindbergh while he is flying?
4. What happened to Lindbergh in the 14th hour of the flight?
5. What other trick would Lindbergh do while barnstorming?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Lindbergh's first plane.
2. What was Lindbergh's relationship with Harry Knight?
3. Where did Lindbergh go after his arrival in Paris?
4. What was the childhood experience that left a long-lasting impression on Charles Lindbergh?
5. What was Lindbergh's theory for crossing the Atlantic?
6. Describe Lindbergh's arrival in New York.
7. What problem did Lindbergh encounter for flying too high, and how did he solve it?
8. Describe Charles Lindbergh's education.
9. How was Lindbergh's decision about where to put the fuel tank unconventional?
10. What was Lindbergh's nickname, and how did he feel about it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you think that the media were fair to accuse the Lindberghs of abandoning their second child when they departed for a tour of Europe shortly after his birth?
Essay Topic 2
In what way specifically is Lindbergh an 'American' hero? Identify the trait that makes his story an American story.
Essay Topic 3
How did Charles Lindbergh change over the course of his life? Describe his temperament as a young man, and the influences that changed him as he matured.
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)