|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the make of the first plane bought?
2. What was Lindbergh's policy about a parachute on the transatlantic flight?
3. What did Charles Lindbergh do while he was an air mail pilot?
4. What had Lindbergh brought with him on account of this worry?
5. What did Lindbergh feel about his nickname?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Lindbergh's decision about where to put the fuel tank unconventional?
2. How did Lindbergh approach his landing place?
3. What caveat does Denenberg offer for the journal entries included in chapter 5?
4. Describe Lindbergh's early education in aviation.
5. Describe the crowds that were present for Lindbergh's departure.
6. What had Lindbergh planned to do after arriving in Paris?
7. What was Lindbergh's nickname, and how did he feel about it?
8. How did Lindbergh prevent himself falling asleep?
9. What was Lindbergh's competition like?
10. What was the importance of Lindbergh's double parachute jump?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Charles Lindbergh change over the course of his life? Describe his temperament as a young man, and the influences that changed him as he matured.
Essay Topic 2
Where was Charles Lindbergh most comfortable, and on top of his game? Where was he least comfortable? How did he develop strategies for fostering his strengths, and protecting or hiding or compensating for his weaknesses?
Essay Topic 3
What should Lindbergh be remembered for now? Using evidence from the book, and analysis of today's culture, describe the value of Lindbergh's legacy today.
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)