|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How would barnstormers make money?
2. What did Lindbergh see in the 27th hour?
3. What does chapter 5 consist of?
4. What did C.A. Lindbergh accomplish in 1906?
5. How does Denenberg explain Lindbergh's feelings about his nickname?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Lindbergh's decision about where to put the fuel tank unconventional?
2. Describe Lindbergh's first plane.
3. What had Lindbergh planned to do after arriving in Paris?
4. From what did Lindbergh leave for Paris, and when did he leave?
5. What caveat does Denenberg offer for the journal entries included in chapter 5?
6. What was Lindbergh's theory for crossing the Atlantic?
7. What was Lindbergh's nickname, and how did he feel about it?
8. How did Lindbergh approach his landing place?
9. What does Denenberg say about C.A. Lindbergh's marriage with Evangeline Lodge Land?
10. Describe the crowds that were present for Lindbergh's departure.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a character sketch of the author based on his style and content. What values does he hold dear? What are his hopes and fears? What kind of person do you think he is? Anchor your sketch in passages in the book.
Essay Topic 2
What were Presidents Kennedy and Johnson invoking by inviting Lindbergh to state dinners at the White House? How did they distinguish between Lindbergh the aviator and Lindbergh the Nazi propagandist?
Essay Topic 3
What made Lindbergh susceptible to believing Goering's exaggerated estimate of the Luftwaffe's strength?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)