|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were lessons few and far between at the Ray Page's Flying School?
2. How does Denenberg say Lindbergh characterized the camera men to himself?
3. What does Lindbergh say about reporters in chapter 5?
4. What did the relative who taught Charles Lindbergh to tinker do for a career?
5. Where did Lindbergh greet a crowd after sleeping in Paris?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problem did Lindbergh encounter for flying too high, and how did he solve it?
2. Describe Lindbergh's early education in aviation.
3. What was Lindbergh's theory for crossing the Atlantic?
4. Describe the crowds that were present for Lindbergh's departure.
5. From what did Lindbergh leave for Paris, and when did he leave?
6. How was Lindbergh's decision about where to put the fuel tank unconventional?
7. Where did Lindbergh go after his arrival in Paris?
8. Why didn't Lindbergh like the press?
9. When was Lindbergh's first flight?
10. What does Denenberg say about C.A. Lindbergh's marriage with Evangeline Lodge Land?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Where was Charles Lindbergh most comfortable, and on top of his game? Where was he least comfortable? How did he develop strategies for fostering his strengths, and protecting or hiding or compensating for his weaknesses?
Essay Topic 2
Write a character sketch of the author based on his style and content. What values does he hold dear? What are his hopes and fears? What kind of person do you think he is? Anchor your sketch in passages in the book.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the role of crowds and the media in Charles Lindbergh's life. How did the people's and the media's presence affect Lindbergh, and how did it influence his decisions and lifestyle?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)