|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would Charles Lindbergh do for Erold Bahl?
2. How much was Lindbergh estimated to have earned as a result of his transatlantic flight?
3. What did have to do in the 14th hour to set things to rights again?
4. What business were Orville and Wilbur Wright in, when they invented the airplane in 1903?
5. How did Charles Lindbergh help his father's political campaign?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Lindbergh learn to fly officially?
2. Describe Lindbergh's arrival in New York.
3. What had Lindbergh planned to do after arriving in Paris?
4. Describe Charles Lindbergh's education.
5. What was the importance of Lindbergh's double parachute jump?
6. What was the childhood experience that left a long-lasting impression on Charles Lindbergh?
7. What obstacle did Lindbergh have to overcome off the coast of Nova Scotia?
8. When was Lindbergh's first flight?
9. Describe Lindbergh's first plane.
10. What did Lindbergh find when he arrived in Paris?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Anne Morrow Lindbergh's role in Lindbergh's life. How did she change him? What did he do differently after he was married? Evaluate her influence on his life.
Essay Topic 2
Evaluate your own reading of "An American Hero" -- did you resist it, or were you compelled by the story? What does your reading tell you about yourself and your interests? Use specific examples from the book to describe yourself as a reader.
Essay Topic 3
Taking Lindbergh's entire life into consideration, assess whether 'Lucky Lindy' is a fair nickname for him. Does it apply better in some parts of his life than others?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)