|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How would barnstormers make money?
2. What does Lindbergh say about reporters in chapter 5?
3. How many people tuned in to the ceremony where Lindbergh returned to Washington D.C.?
4. When did Charles Lindbergh acquire his own plane?
5. What was Lindbergh fighting from his third through eighth hours en route to Paris?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lindbergh describe his relationship with The Spirit of St. Louis?
2. What was Lindbergh's nickname, and how did he feel about it?
3. Why didn't Lindbergh like the press?
4. How did Lindbergh prevent himself falling asleep?
5. What was Lindbergh's reputation as a pilot?
6. When was Lindbergh's first flight?
7. What was the importance of Lindbergh's double parachute jump?
8. Describe Lindbergh's arrival in New York.
9. What did Lindbergh find when he arrived in Paris?
10. Describe Lindbergh's first plane.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Where is the climax of this book? Are there different climaxes? What questions does each climax resolve? What questions does each climax leave unanswered?
Essay Topic 2
Taking Lindbergh's entire life into consideration, assess whether 'Lucky Lindy' is a fair nickname for him. Does it apply better in some parts of his life than others?
Essay Topic 3
What were Presidents Kennedy and Johnson invoking by inviting Lindbergh to state dinners at the White House? How did they distinguish between Lindbergh the aviator and Lindbergh the Nazi propagandist?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)