|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lindbergh say about reporters in chapter 5?
2. Where did C.A. Lindbergh come to the U.S. from?
3. Who were Lindbergh's competition for the Orteig prize?
4. What did Lindbergh fly without, on his transatlantic flight?
5. Where did Charles Lindbergh inherit his love of machinery?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the conditions of Lindbergh's death.
2. What did Lindbergh do during the war?
3. How did Lindbergh approach his landing place?
4. Who was Graveyard John?
5. What was Lindbergh's political stance in the late 1930s?
6. What was Lindbergh's relationship with Harry Knight?
7. Why did the public swing behind Lindbergh?
8. What effect did Lindbergh's report on Germany's air strength have?
9. What role did Lindbergh's wife play in Lindbergh's thinking in the buildup to World War II?
10. How does Denenberg characterize the Lindberghs' lives during the 1950s and 60s?
Essay Topic 1
Denenberg says that Lindbergh's journals may have been written after the fact--to what extent does Lindbergh's life seem to have been revised or elaborated after the fact, to change Lindbergh's image in the public's eyes? How was the experience different from the account?
Essay Topic 2
What event or decision illustrated Lindbergh's true character? Make an argument from the evidence in the book.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the role of crowds and the media in Charles Lindbergh's life. How did the people's and the media's presence affect Lindbergh, and how did it influence his decisions and lifestyle?
This section contains 1,159 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)