|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had Lindbergh expected to meet him?
2. What did Lindbergh fly without, on his transatlantic flight?
3. What was Charles Lindbergh like as a student?
4. What happened to Lindbergh after landing?
5. In what month did Lindbergh fly to Paris from New York?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Lindbergh family history before Charles Lindbergh, the aviator and subject of this biography, was born?
2. What offers were made to Lindbergh, and how did he respond to them?
3. What special accommodations did Lindbergh make to increase his chances of success?
4. When was Lindbergh's first flight?
5. What problem did Lindbergh encounter for flying too high, and how did he solve it?
6. Describe Lindbergh's arrival in New York.
7. What had Lindbergh expected to find on his arrival in France?
8. What was Lindbergh's relationship with Harry Knight?
9. Why did the public swing behind Lindbergh?
10. Why didn't Lindbergh like the press?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What experiences in early life explain Lindbergh's embrace of white supremacist ideas later in life? What aspects of white supremacy were attractive to him?
Essay Topic 2
What is missing from this book? What should have been covered or presented that was not? What is the effect of this absence? Describe an element that ought to have been covered, and explain why it would have made the book stronger.
Essay Topic 3
What should Lindbergh be remembered for now? Using evidence from the book, and analysis of today's culture, describe the value of Lindbergh's legacy today.
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)