|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Products did Lindbergh endorse?
2. When were the contents of chapter 5 written?
3. What did Lindbergh fly without, on his transatlantic flight?
4. How much did it cost to built The Spirit of St. Louis?
5. What was 'the Lindy'?
Short Essay Questions
1. What had Lindbergh expected to find on his arrival in France?
2. Describe Lindbergh's early education in aviation.
3. How did Lindbergh approach his landing place?
4. When was Lindbergh's first flight?
5. Describe Lindbergh's first plane.
6. Describe Charles Lindbergh's education.
7. How was Lindbergh's decision about where to put the fuel tank unconventional?
8. What had Lindbergh planned to do after arriving in Paris?
9. How did Lindbergh prevent himself falling asleep?
10. Where did Lindbergh learn to fly officially?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Where was Charles Lindbergh most comfortable, and on top of his game? Where was he least comfortable? How did he develop strategies for fostering his strengths, and protecting or hiding or compensating for his weaknesses?
Essay Topic 2
Taking Lindbergh's entire life into consideration, assess whether 'Lucky Lindy' is a fair nickname for him. Does it apply better in some parts of his life than others?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the role of crowds and the media in Charles Lindbergh's life. How did the people's and the media's presence affect Lindbergh, and how did it influence his decisions and lifestyle?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)