|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Lindbergh in the 14th hour of the flight?
2. When was Charles Lindbergh born?
3. How successful was Lindbergh in his own barnstorming career?
4. What had Lindbergh been worried about, in terms of landing in France?
5. What does Denenberg say Lindbergh received in the mail after returning to the U.S.?
Short Essay Questions
1. When was Lindbergh's first flight?
2. Describe Lindbergh's first plane.
3. Describe Lindbergh's arrival in New York.
4. Why did the public swing behind Lindbergh?
5. How does Denenberg describe Lindbergh's love of mechanical things?
6. What was Lindbergh's reputation as a pilot?
7. What obstacle did Lindbergh have to overcome off the coast of Nova Scotia?
8. What had Lindbergh expected to find on his arrival in France?
9. From what did Lindbergh leave for Paris, and when did he leave?
10. Describe the crowds that were present for Lindbergh's departure.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what way specifically is Lindbergh an 'American' hero? Identify the trait that makes his story an American story.
Essay Topic 2
What event or decision illustrated Lindbergh's true character? Make an argument from the evidence in the book.
Essay Topic 3
Do you think that the media were fair to accuse the Lindberghs of abandoning their second child when they departed for a tour of Europe shortly after his birth?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)