|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was The Spirit of St. Louis built?
2. How does Denenberg describe Lindbergh in front of cameras?
3. What stunt marked the end of Charles Lindbergh apprenticeship?
4. Who interested Charles Lindbergh in flying?
5. What did Lindbergh see in the 27th hour?
Short Essay Questions
1. What caveat does Denenberg offer for the journal entries included in chapter 5?
2. Where did Lindbergh go after his arrival in Paris?
3. How does Denenberg describe Lindbergh's love of mechanical things?
4. What is the Lindbergh family history before Charles Lindbergh, the aviator and subject of this biography, was born?
5. How was Lindbergh's decision about where to put the fuel tank unconventional?
6. What was the childhood experience that left a long-lasting impression on Charles Lindbergh?
7. Why did the public swing behind Lindbergh?
8. What obstacle did Lindbergh have to overcome off the coast of Nova Scotia?
9. What was Lindbergh's nickname, and how did he feel about it?
10. How did Lindbergh approach his landing place?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is missing from this book? What should have been covered or presented that was not? What is the effect of this absence? Describe an element that ought to have been covered, and explain why it would have made the book stronger.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the role of crowds and the media in Charles Lindbergh's life. How did the people's and the media's presence affect Lindbergh, and how did it influence his decisions and lifestyle?
Essay Topic 3
Where is the climax of this book? Are there different climaxes? What questions does each climax resolve? What questions does each climax leave unanswered?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)