|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were Lindbergh's competitors funded by?
2. When did Charles Lindbergh acquire his own plane?
3. Why did Lindbergh leave from this airport?
4. What would Charles Lindbergh do for Erold Bahl?
5. What will sleep mean for Lindbergh while he is flying?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Lindbergh's arrival in New York.
2. What was found when Lindbergh's baby was discovered missing?
3. What was the Orteig prize?
4. How does Denenberg characterize the Lindberghs' lives during the 1950s and 60s?
5. What was Lindbergh's competition like?
6. What special accommodations did Lindbergh make to increase his chances of success?
7. What offers were made to Lindbergh, and how did he respond to them?
8. What criticism was leveled at the Lindberghs after the birth of their second son?
9. How did driving figure in Charles Lindbergh's early education?
10. What effect did Lindbergh's report on Germany's air strength have?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Evaluate your own reading of "An American Hero" -- did you resist it, or were you compelled by the story? What does your reading tell you about yourself and your interests? Use specific examples from the book to describe yourself as a reader.
Essay Topic 2
Write an evaluative review of "An American Hero". What is this book's place in culture? What are its uses? Who is its audience? What are its limitations?
Essay Topic 3
How did Charles Lindbergh change over the course of his life? Describe his temperament as a young man, and the influences that changed him as he matured.
This section contains 1,167 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)