Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of celebration was Lindbergh treated to in New York?
2. When did Lindbergh sight the Eiffel Tower?
3. What happened to Lindbergh after landing?
4. How long did Lindbergh sleep after landing?
5. What drew Lindbergh to the facility where he learned to fly?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Lindbergh's publicity tour.
2. What was Lindbergh's political stance in the late 1930s?
3. What special accommodations did Lindbergh make to increase his chances of success?
4. What was Lindbergh's reputation as a pilot?
5. How did Lindbergh handle publicity?
6. What was the importance of Lindbergh's double parachute jump?
7. How did Lindbergh prevent himself falling asleep?
8. What obstacle did Lindbergh have to overcome off the coast of Nova Scotia?
9. What events undermined Lindbergh's political position?
10. What had Lindbergh planned to do after arriving in Paris?
Essay Topic 1
Distinguish, if you can, the phenomenon surrounding the transatlantic flight, which was obviously fascinating to the public, no matter who flew it, and Charles Lindbergh's personal contribution to aviation. The public was obviously already crazy for aviation--how did Charles Lindbergh himself affect the public's interest?
Essay Topic 2
What were Presidents Kennedy and Johnson invoking by inviting Lindbergh to state dinners at the White House? How did they distinguish between Lindbergh the aviator and Lindbergh the Nazi propagandist?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the role of crowds and the media in Charles Lindbergh's life. How did the people's and the media's presence affect Lindbergh, and how did it influence his decisions and lifestyle?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)