Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of celebration was Lindbergh treated to in New York?
2. When did Lindbergh sight the Eiffel Tower?
3. What happened to Lindbergh after landing?
4. How long did Lindbergh sleep after landing?
5. What drew Lindbergh to the facility where he learned to fly?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Lindbergh's publicity tour.
2. What was Lindbergh's political stance in the late 1930s?
3. What special accommodations did Lindbergh make to increase his chances of success?
4. What was Lindbergh's reputation as a pilot?
5. How did Lindbergh handle publicity?
6. What was the importance of Lindbergh's double parachute jump?
7. How did Lindbergh prevent himself falling asleep?
8. What obstacle did Lindbergh have to overcome off the coast of Nova Scotia?
9. What events undermined Lindbergh's political position?
10. What had Lindbergh planned to do after arriving in Paris?
Essay Topic 1
Evaluate your own reading of "An American Hero" -- did you resist it, or were you compelled by the story? What does your reading tell you about yourself and your interests? Use specific examples from the book to describe yourself as a reader.
Essay Topic 2
What is missing from this book? What should have been covered or presented that was not? What is the effect of this absence? Describe an element that ought to have been covered, and explain why it would have made the book stronger.
Essay Topic 3
Write an evaluative review of "An American Hero". What is this book's place in culture? What are its uses? Who is its audience? What are its limitations?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)