|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Lindbergh take off from?
2. How does Denenberg explain Lindbergh's feelings about his nickname?
3. What does Denenberg say Lindbergh received in the mail after returning to the U.S.?
4. How would barnstormers make money?
5. Who built The Spirit of St. Louis?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Lindbergh's first plane.
2. What was Lindbergh's theory for crossing the Atlantic?
3. What was Lindbergh's competition like?
4. What special accommodations did Lindbergh make to increase his chances of success?
5. From what did Lindbergh leave for Paris, and when did he leave?
6. How did Lindbergh prevent himself falling asleep?
7. What had Lindbergh expected to find on his arrival in France?
8. What is the Lindbergh family history before Charles Lindbergh, the aviator and subject of this biography, was born?
9. What problem did Lindbergh encounter for flying too high, and how did he solve it?
10. How does Denenberg describe Lindbergh's love of mechanical things?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Taking Lindbergh's entire life into consideration, assess whether 'Lucky Lindy' is a fair nickname for him. Does it apply better in some parts of his life than others?
Essay Topic 2
What experiences in early life explain Lindbergh's embrace of white supremacist ideas later in life? What aspects of white supremacy were attractive to him?
Essay Topic 3
Where is the climax of this book? Are there different climaxes? What questions does each climax resolve? What questions does each climax leave unanswered?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)