|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was C.A. Lindbergh's birth name?
2. What was the reaction to Lindbergh's transatlantic flight?
3. What did the relative who taught Charles Lindbergh to tinker do for a career?
4. What did Lindbergh see in the 27th hour?
5. How long did Lindbergh sleep after landing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Charles Lindbergh's education.
2. What caveat does Denenberg offer for the journal entries included in chapter 5?
3. What is the Lindbergh family history before Charles Lindbergh, the aviator and subject of this biography, was born?
4. What was the importance of Lindbergh's double parachute jump?
5. What was Lindbergh's reputation as a pilot?
6. What was Lindbergh's nickname, and how did he feel about it?
7. When was Lindbergh's first flight?
8. What was Lindbergh's relationship with Harry Knight?
9. Where did Lindbergh go after his arrival in Paris?
10. What had Lindbergh planned to do after arriving in Paris?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were Presidents Kennedy and Johnson invoking by inviting Lindbergh to state dinners at the White House? How did they distinguish between Lindbergh the aviator and Lindbergh the Nazi propagandist?
Essay Topic 2
Taking Lindbergh's entire life into consideration, assess whether 'Lucky Lindy' is a fair nickname for him. Does it apply better in some parts of his life than others?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Anne Morrow Lindbergh's role in Lindbergh's life. How did she change him? What did he do differently after he was married? Evaluate her influence on his life.
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)