|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Products did Lindbergh endorse?
2. What business were Orville and Wilbur Wright in, when they invented the airplane in 1903?
3. What route did Lindbergh fly air mail for?
4. What was Lindbergh's policy about a parachute on the transatlantic flight?
5. Where did C.A. Lindbergh settle in the U.S.?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Lindbergh handle publicity?
2. Describe Lindbergh's arrival in New York.
3. What was the childhood experience that left a long-lasting impression on Charles Lindbergh?
4. What problem did Lindbergh encounter for flying too high, and how did he solve it?
5. What was the importance of Lindbergh's double parachute jump?
6. What had Lindbergh planned to do after arriving in Paris?
7. How was Lindbergh's decision about where to put the fuel tank unconventional?
8. Where did Lindbergh learn to fly officially?
9. What offers were made to Lindbergh, and how did he respond to them?
10. Where did Lindbergh go after his arrival in Paris?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Where is the climax of this book? Are there different climaxes? What questions does each climax resolve? What questions does each climax leave unanswered?
Essay Topic 2
What event or decision illustrated Lindbergh's true character? Make an argument from the evidence in the book.
Essay Topic 3
Where was Charles Lindbergh most comfortable, and on top of his game? Where was he least comfortable? How did he develop strategies for fostering his strengths, and protecting or hiding or compensating for his weaknesses?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)