Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of celebration was Lindbergh treated to in New York?
2. When did Lindbergh sight the Eiffel Tower?
3. What happened to Lindbergh after landing?
4. How long did Lindbergh sleep after landing?
5. What drew Lindbergh to the facility where he learned to fly?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Lindbergh's publicity tour.
2. What was Lindbergh's political stance in the late 1930s?
3. What special accommodations did Lindbergh make to increase his chances of success?
4. What was Lindbergh's reputation as a pilot?
5. How did Lindbergh handle publicity?
6. What was the importance of Lindbergh's double parachute jump?
7. How did Lindbergh prevent himself falling asleep?
8. What obstacle did Lindbergh have to overcome off the coast of Nova Scotia?
9. What events undermined Lindbergh's political position?
10. What had Lindbergh planned to do after arriving in Paris?
Write an evaluative review of "An American Hero". What is this book's place in culture? What are its uses? Who is its audience? What are its limitations?
In what way specifically is Lindbergh an 'American' hero? Identify the trait that makes his story an American story.
Where was Charles Lindbergh most comfortable, and on top of his game? Where was he least comfortable? How did he develop strategies for fostering his strengths, and protecting or hiding or compensating for his weaknesses?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)