|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Lindbergh and his flight team waiting for before he took off?
2. What was the reaction to Lindbergh's transatlantic flight?
3. What does Lindbergh say about reporters in chapter 5?
4. Where did Charles Lindbergh work as a teenager?
5. When was Charles Lindbergh's first flight?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Lindbergh's reputation as a pilot?
2. How did Lindbergh handle publicity?
3. What obstacle did Lindbergh have to overcome off the coast of Nova Scotia?
4. What problem did Lindbergh encounter for flying too high, and how did he solve it?
5. How did Lindbergh prevent himself falling asleep?
6. What was the childhood experience that left a long-lasting impression on Charles Lindbergh?
7. What had Lindbergh planned to do after arriving in Paris?
8. When was Lindbergh's first flight?
9. What special accommodations did Lindbergh make to increase his chances of success?
10. Describe Lindbergh's first plane.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Charles Lindbergh change over the course of his life? Describe his temperament as a young man, and the influences that changed him as he matured.
Essay Topic 2
Where is the climax of this book? Are there different climaxes? What questions does each climax resolve? What questions does each climax leave unanswered?
Essay Topic 3
Denenberg says that Lindbergh's journals may have been written after the fact--to what extent does Lindbergh's life seem to have been revised or elaborated after the fact, to change Lindbergh's image in the public's eyes? How was the experience different from the account?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)