|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Harry Knight?
2. What happened to the flyers who set out for the Orteig prize before Lindbergh?
3. What was Lindbergh's nickname?
4. How successful was Lindbergh in his own barnstorming career?
5. What decision did C.A. Lindbergh and his wife make for the sake of his career?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Lindbergh handle publicity?
2. What was Lindbergh's political stance in the late 1930s?
3. Describe Charles Lindbergh's education.
4. How did Lindbergh's opinion of Germany change the public's view of him?
5. What efforts did the Lindberghs have to take to avoid the press?
6. Describe the resurgence of Lindbergh's popularity in the 1960s.
7. What did Lindbergh do during the war?
8. How did Lindbergh approach his landing place?
9. How does Lindbergh describe his relationship with The Spirit of St. Louis?
10. Where did Lindbergh go after his arrival in Paris?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What should Lindbergh be remembered for now? Using evidence from the book, and analysis of today's culture, describe the value of Lindbergh's legacy today.
Essay Topic 2
Where is the climax of this book? Are there different climaxes? What questions does each climax resolve? What questions does each climax leave unanswered?
Essay Topic 3
What made Lindbergh susceptible to believing Goering's exaggerated estimate of the Luftwaffe's strength?
This section contains 1,165 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)