|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Lindbergh been worried about, in terms of landing in France?
2. Products did Lindbergh endorse?
3. Why did Lindbergh leave from this airport?
4. Who interested Charles Lindbergh in flying?
5. What kind of celebration was Lindbergh treated to in New York?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problem did Lindbergh encounter for flying too high, and how did he solve it?
2. What was the Orteig prize?
3. When was Lindbergh's first flight?
4. What offers were made to Lindbergh, and how did he respond to them?
5. Why did the public swing behind Lindbergh?
6. Describe Lindbergh's arrival in New York.
7. Describe the crowds that were present for Lindbergh's departure.
8. What was the importance of Lindbergh's double parachute jump?
9. What obstacle did Lindbergh have to overcome off the coast of Nova Scotia?
10. Describe Charles Lindbergh's education.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what way specifically is Lindbergh an 'American' hero? Identify the trait that makes his story an American story.
Essay Topic 2
Where is the climax of this book? Are there different climaxes? What questions does each climax resolve? What questions does each climax leave unanswered?
Essay Topic 3
If Charles Lindbergh were a student today, what field would he have dropped out of school to work in? What areas today hold the promise that aviation held in the mid-1920s?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)