|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What stance did Lindbergh take with his earlier support of the Nazis?
(a) He apologized publicly on numerous occasions.
(b) He attacked anyone who accused him of having made statements sympathetic of the Nazis.
(c) He avoided all mention, but never supported them again.
(d) He never renounced his support.
2. Where did this journey take Lindbergh?
(a) To a new level of wealth and power.
(b) To Mexico and Canada.
(c) To every European country.
(d) To all 48 states.
3. Where did Charles and Anne Morrow Lindbergh depart for, soon after the birth of their second son?
(b) South America.
4. What effort did Lindbergh contribute to the war effort?
(a) He raised money for the U.S. war bonds.
(b) He was a consultant to Henry Ford's factories.
(c) He was a spokesman for the government.
(d) He advocated engagement and containment.
5. Who was Dr. Carrell?
(a) An aviation advocate.
(b) A politician.
(c) A heart surgeon.
(d) An private investigator.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Lindbergh's relation with Pan Am?
2. How was Anne Morrow Lindbergh's "A Gift from the Sea" received?
3. What influence had Lindbergh had on the practice of appeasement?
4. Who backed Lindbergh financially?
5. What was the result of the controversy?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)