|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Lindbergh's stance on Roosevelt's action?
(a) He sought to annul it in court.
(b) He supported it in public letters.
(c) He criticized it in a public telegram.
(d) He sought to evade it by exploiting a loophole.
2. What was Schwarzkopf's background?
3. How successful was Lindbergh at keeping to his strict schedule?
(a) He got days behind almost from the start.
(b) He made every stop on time.
(c) He was only late at one stop, and only because of fog.
(d) He was routinely a few hours behind schedule.
4. How did investigators finally find the kidnapper?
(a) By tracing gold certificates.
(b) By handwriting analysis.
(c) By using fingerprints.
(d) By dumb luck.
5. What did Lindbergh do to allow himself to speak openly about politics?
(a) Return his medal to Germany.
(b) Resign his military commission.
(c) Enter the military.
(d) Resign his post at Pan Am.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lindbergh embark on in late summer 1927?
2. What strategy did Charles and Anne Morrow Lindbergh adopt for going out in public?
3. What was the Lindberghs' second child's name?
4. Who was Colonel Schwarzkopf?
5. What was Lindbergh given by Goering?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Lindbergh do during the war?
2. Describe the conditions of Lindbergh's death.
3. What did Lindbergh do to turn people decisively against him?
4. What role did Lindbergh's wife play in Lindbergh's thinking in the buildup to World War II?
5. What was Lindbergh doing for work after he was married?
6. Describe the resurgence of Lindbergh's popularity in the 1960s.
7. How does Denenberg characterize the Lindberghs' lives during the 1950s and 60s?
8. What was Lindbergh employed at during the trial of Bruno Hauptmann?
9. Who was ultimately responsible for the Lindbergh baby's abduction and murder?
10. Describe the Lindberghs' literary successes after World War II.
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)