|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prize did Lindbergh's autobiography win?
(a) The Pulitzer Prize.
(b) The Congressional Medal of Honor.
(c) The National Book Critics Circle Award.
(d) The Nobel Prize for Literature.
2. How does Denenberg characterize the investigation of the Lindberghs' baby?
(a) Forensically advanced.
(c) A bungled mess.
(d) Highly scientific.
3. Who was Dwight Morrow?
(a) A Senator from Wisconsin.
(b) U.S. Ambassador to Mexico.
(c) An aviation advocate.
(d) A pilot.
4. Why did Lindbergh keep to a strict timetable?
(a) To finish the tour as quickly as possible.
(b) To show that aviation could be reliable.
(c) To start a new project together.
(d) To return to Washington D.C. for a ceremony.
5. What did Roosevelt offer Lindbergh?
(a) A cabinet post.
(b) An advisory position in the U.S. military.
(c) Imprisonment, if he kept speaking in favor of Nazi Germany.
(d) Unmolested exile from the U.S.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did this journey take Lindbergh?
2. What impression did Goering give Lindbergh of the Luftwaffe?
3. What changed Lindbergh's view to a minority position?
4. What was Lindbergh's estimation of Hitler?
5. What had the kidnapper used to get into the house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What events undermined Lindbergh's political position?
2. What did Lindbergh see in his visits to Germany?
3. Describe the resurgence of Lindbergh's popularity in the 1960s.
4. Who was Graveyard John?
5. What efforts did the Lindberghs have to take to avoid the press?
6. Describe the controversy Lindbergh was embroiled in over the air mail.
7. Describe Lindbergh's publicity tour.
8. What was found when Lindbergh's baby was discovered missing?
9. What did Lindbergh do to turn people decisively against him?
10. Describe Lindbergh's marriage to Anne Morrow.
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)