|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Lindbergh think was the best way to handle the investigation?
2. What influence had Lindbergh had on the practice of appeasement?
(a) His estimation of German air strength had led British leaders to make strategic concessions for tactical reasons.
(b) His reports had made Hitler seem beneficial to the territories in question.
(c) He had been critical of attempts to contain Nazism.
(d) His estimation of German air strength had made appeasement seem the best strategy.
3. Why had Lindbergh flown to meet Morrow?
(a) To talk about plans to build new airplanes.
(b) To look for funding for a new air race.
(c) To propose a new airport in his district.
(d) To improve U.S.-Mexico relations.
4. What does Denenberg say Roosevelt thought about Lindbergh?
(a) He thought he was a spy.
(b) He thought he was a traitor.
(c) He thought he was smart, and probably right.
(d) He thought he was a Nazi.
5. What stance did Lindbergh take with his earlier support of the Nazis?
(a) He never renounced his support.
(b) He avoided all mention, but never supported them again.
(c) He apologized publicly on numerous occasions.
(d) He attacked anyone who accused him of having made statements sympathetic of the Nazis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Lindbergh's stance on Roosevelt's action?
2. What does Denenberg say Charles and Anne Morrow Lindbergh tried to do between the kidnapping the Hauptmann's execution?
3. What happened a month after Lindbergh's award?
4. What was Lindbergh given by Goering?
5. What was Lindbergh's estimation of Germany's air strength?
Short Essay Questions
1. What events undermined Lindbergh's political position?
2. What was Lindbergh's relationship with Dr. Carrel?
3. What efforts did the Lindberghs have to take to avoid the press?
4. What role did Lindbergh's wife play in Lindbergh's thinking in the buildup to World War II?
5. Who was Graveyard John?
6. Who was ultimately responsible for the Lindbergh baby's abduction and murder?
7. What was Lindbergh employed at during the trial of Bruno Hauptmann?
8. Describe the resurgence of Lindbergh's popularity in the 1960s.
9. Describe the controversy Lindbergh was embroiled in over the air mail.
10. What was Lindbergh's political stance in the late 1930s?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)