|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Lindbergh's advice to England and America?
(a) To attack weaknesses in Germany's air defense.
(b) Not to engage German planes.
(c) To crush Germany's air force before it got too powerful.
(d) To sanction Germany until it demilitarized.
2. What happened a month after Lindbergh's award?
(a) The invasion of France.
(c) The invasion of Belgium.
(d) The invasion of Poland.
3. Who did the Lindberghs visit in 1937 and 1938?
(a) High-ranking Nazis.
(b) German diplomats.
(c) Jewish leaders.
(d) German refugees.
4. What cause did Lindbergh take up later in life?
(a) Airline regulation.
(b) Nuclear power.
(c) Military development.
5. How did investigators finally find the kidnapper?
(a) By dumb luck.
(b) By using fingerprints.
(c) By tracing gold certificates.
(d) By handwriting analysis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Lindbergh's estimation of Nazi Germany?
2. What did Lindbergh do after World War II?
3. What stance did Lindbergh take with his earlier support of the Nazis?
4. Who was Graveyard John?
5. What were the Lindberghs criticized for, by making this trip?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was ultimately responsible for the Lindbergh baby's abduction and murder?
2. How does Denenberg characterize the Lindberghs' lives during the 1950s and 60s?
3. What did Lindbergh do to turn people decisively against him?
4. What was Lindbergh's political stance in the late 1930s?
5. Describe the controversy Lindbergh was embroiled in over the air mail.
6. Describe Lindbergh's publicity tour.
7. Describe the Lindberghs' literary successes after World War II.
8. Describe the resurgence of Lindbergh's popularity in the 1960s.
9. What was found when Lindbergh's baby was discovered missing?
10. What effect did Lindbergh's report on Germany's air strength have?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)