|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Lindbergh's advice to England and America?
(a) To attack weaknesses in Germany's air defense.
(b) To sanction Germany until it demilitarized.
(c) To crush Germany's air force before it got too powerful.
(d) Not to engage German planes.
2. What does Denenberg say Roosevelt thought about Lindbergh?
(a) He thought he was a Nazi.
(b) He thought he was a traitor.
(c) He thought he was smart, and probably right.
(d) He thought he was a spy.
3. What did Roosevelt offer Lindbergh?
(a) Imprisonment, if he kept speaking in favor of Nazi Germany.
(b) An advisory position in the U.S. military.
(c) Unmolested exile from the U.S.
(d) A cabinet post.
4. What effort did Lindbergh contribute to the war effort?
(a) He was a consultant to Henry Ford's factories.
(b) He advocated engagement and containment.
(c) He raised money for the U.S. war bonds.
(d) He was a spokesman for the government.
5. What was the result of the controversy?
(a) Air mail contracts were bid on first.
(b) Air mail was regulated.
(c) Air mail remained privatized.
(d) Air mail became a federal service.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lindbergh do after World War II?
2. What was Lindbergh's estimation of Hitler?
3. Where did this journey take Lindbergh?
4. What was the subject of the controversy Lindbergh was embroiled in in 1934?
5. What was Lindbergh's estimation of Germany's air strength?
Short Essay Questions
1. What role did Lindbergh's wife play in Lindbergh's thinking in the buildup to World War II?
2. Describe the Lindberghs' literary successes after World War II.
3. Describe Lindbergh's publicity tour.
4. What was Lindbergh employed at during the trial of Bruno Hauptmann?
5. Describe the resurgence of Lindbergh's popularity in the 1960s.
6. Who was Graveyard John?
7. Who was ultimately responsible for the Lindbergh baby's abduction and murder?
8. Describe Lindbergh's marriage to Anne Morrow.
9. What was Lindbergh doing for work after he was married?
10. How did Lindbergh's opinion of Germany change the public's view of him?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)