|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What influence had Lindbergh had on the practice of appeasement?
(a) His estimation of German air strength had made appeasement seem the best strategy.
(b) He had been critical of attempts to contain Nazism.
(c) His reports had made Hitler seem beneficial to the territories in question.
(d) His estimation of German air strength had led British leaders to make strategic concessions for tactical reasons.
2. Who was the controversy centered around?
(a) The Postmaster General.
(b) An air mail company's president.
(c) The President.
3. How successful was Lindbergh at keeping to his strict schedule?
(a) He was routinely a few hours behind schedule.
(b) He was only late at one stop, and only because of fog.
(c) He made every stop on time.
(d) He got days behind almost from the start.
4. What was Lindbergh's estimation of Hitler?
(a) He was afraid of him.
(b) He was impressed by him.
(c) He was wary of him.
(d) He was critical of him.
5. How did investigators finally find the kidnapper?
(a) By tracing gold certificates.
(b) By dumb luck.
(c) By handwriting analysis.
(d) By using fingerprints.
Short Answer Questions
1. What stance did Lindbergh take with his earlier support of the Nazis?
2. Who did the Lindberghs visit in 1937 and 1938?
3. What cause did Lindbergh take up later in life?
4. What was Lindbergh's estimation of Nazi Germany?
5. How much did the Lindberghs give Graveyard John?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Lindbergh's opinion of Germany change the public's view of him?
2. Describe the Lindberghs' literary successes after World War II.
3. Describe the resurgence of Lindbergh's popularity in the 1960s.
4. Who was ultimately responsible for the Lindbergh baby's abduction and murder?
5. What effect did Lindbergh's report on Germany's air strength have?
6. What was Lindbergh's relationship with Dr. Carrel?
7. What was Lindbergh employed at during the trial of Bruno Hauptmann?
8. What were the problems with the investigation in the Lindberghs' baby's disappearance?
9. What efforts did the Lindberghs have to take to avoid the press?
10. What did Lindbergh see in his visits to Germany?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)