|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Violet Sharpe avoid interrogation?
(a) She went insane.
(b) She killed herself.
(c) She fled the country.
(d) She pled the fifth.
2. When did Lindbergh's view become a minority view?
3. What did people question after Lindbergh's 1941 speech in Des Moines?
(a) His sanity.
(b) His honesty.
(c) His patriotism.
(d) His accuracy.
4. What did Lindbergh die of?
(a) Lymphatic cancer.
(b) Old age.
(c) Brain tumor.
(d) Plane crash.
5. How was Anne Morrow Lindbergh's "A Gift from the Sea" received?
(a) It received the Pulitzer Prize.
(b) It was praised by the President.
(c) It was a bestseller.
(d) It was not critically acclaimed.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Lindbergh asked to visit Germany?
2. Who was Dwight Morrow?
3. What was Lindbergh's estimation of Hitler?
4. What had changed in Germany's military?
5. What was Lindbergh's stance on Roosevelt's action?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Lindbergh doing for work after he was married?
2. Describe the conditions of Lindbergh's death.
3. What efforts did the Lindberghs have to take to avoid the press?
4. What did Lindbergh see in his visits to Germany?
5. Who was Graveyard John?
6. What was Lindbergh's political stance in the late 1930s?
7. Describe the controversy Lindbergh was embroiled in over the air mail.
8. What role did Lindbergh's wife play in Lindbergh's thinking in the buildup to World War II?
9. What was Lindbergh employed at during the trial of Bruno Hauptmann?
10. How does Denenberg characterize the Lindberghs' lives during the 1950s and 60s?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)