|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Lindbergh keep to a strict timetable?
(a) To start a new project together.
(b) To show that aviation could be reliable.
(c) To finish the tour as quickly as possible.
(d) To return to Washington D.C. for a ceremony.
2. Who did the Lindberghs visit in 1937 and 1938?
(a) High-ranking Nazis.
(b) German refugees.
(c) German diplomats.
(d) Jewish leaders.
3. What position did Lindbergh articulate as spokesman for the America First Committee?
4. What changed Lindbergh's view to a minority position?
(a) The suffering of the French.
(b) The failure of Hitler's air force.
(c) The Royal Air Force's success against the Luftwaffe.
(d) The publication of Hitler's atrocities.
5. What does Denenberg say Charles and Anne Morrow Lindbergh tried to do between the kidnapping the Hauptmann's execution?
(a) Make kidnapping a federal crime.
(b) Conceive another child.
(c) Write about their ordeal.
(d) Live normal lives.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Roosevelt offer Lindbergh?
2. Who did Lindbergh and Schwarzkopf suspect of the kidnapping?
3. Where did the Lindberghs move to?
4. Who starred in the movie version of Lindbergh's transatlantic flight?
5. How does Denenberg characterize Hauptmann's defense?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)