|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Anne Morrow Lindbergh's "A Gift from the Sea" received?
(a) It was a bestseller.
(b) It was praised by the President.
(c) It was not critically acclaimed.
(d) It received the Pulitzer Prize.
2. What does Denenberg say Roosevelt thought about Lindbergh?
(a) He thought he was a Nazi.
(b) He thought he was a spy.
(c) He thought he was smart, and probably right.
(d) He thought he was a traitor.
3. What changed Lindbergh's view to a minority position?
(a) The suffering of the French.
(b) The failure of Hitler's air force.
(c) The Royal Air Force's success against the Luftwaffe.
(d) The publication of Hitler's atrocities.
4. Who backed Lindbergh financially?
(a) Harry Knight.
(b) Harry Guggenheim.
(c) Erold Bahl.
(d) President Coolidge.
5. What was Lindbergh's estimation of Hitler?
(a) He was afraid of him.
(b) He was critical of him.
(c) He was wary of him.
(d) He was impressed by him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did this journey take Lindbergh?
2. What did Lindbergh do to allow himself to speak openly about politics?
3. What was the result of the controversy?
4. How does Denenberg characterize the investigation of the Lindberghs' baby?
5. What was Roosevelt's solution to the controversy?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Denenberg characterize the Lindberghs' lives during the 1950s and 60s?
2. What was Lindbergh's political stance in the late 1930s?
3. Describe the resurgence of Lindbergh's popularity in the 1960s.
4. What events undermined Lindbergh's political position?
5. What did Lindbergh do to turn people decisively against him?
6. Describe Lindbergh's marriage to Anne Morrow.
7. How did Lindbergh's opinion of Germany change the public's view of him?
8. What criticism was leveled at the Lindberghs after the birth of their second son?
9. What was Lindbergh employed at during the trial of Bruno Hauptmann?
10. What was Lindbergh doing for work after he was married?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)