|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Lindbergh and Schwarzkopf suspect of the kidnapping?
(a) Al Capone.
(b) The media.
(c) John Condon.
(d) Mickey Rosner.
2. Where did the Lindberghs NOT have residences?
(a) The Adirondacks.
(d) New Jersey.
3. Who did the Lindberghs visit in 1937 and 1938?
(a) Jewish leaders.
(b) German refugees.
(c) German diplomats.
(d) High-ranking Nazis.
4. What was Lindbergh's advice to England and America?
(a) To attack weaknesses in Germany's air defense.
(b) Not to engage German planes.
(c) To sanction Germany until it demilitarized.
(d) To crush Germany's air force before it got too powerful.
5. What impression did Goering give Lindbergh of the Luftwaffe?
(a) He overstated its strengths.
(b) He accentuated its technical accomplishments.
(c) He downplayed its power.
(d) He made it seem less advanced than it was.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the Lindberghs' son kidnapped?
2. Why had Lindbergh flown to meet Morrow?
3. What did people question after Lindbergh's 1941 speech in Des Moines?
4. Where did the Lindberghs live after the war?
5. Where did Charles and Anne Morrow Lindbergh depart for, soon after the birth of their second son?
Short Essay Questions
1. What efforts did the Lindberghs have to take to avoid the press?
2. What effect did Lindbergh's report on Germany's air strength have?
3. How did Lindbergh's opinion of Germany change the public's view of him?
4. What were the problems with the investigation in the Lindberghs' baby's disappearance?
5. How does Denenberg characterize the Lindberghs' lives during the 1950s and 60s?
6. What was Lindbergh doing for work after he was married?
7. What was Lindbergh employed at during the trial of Bruno Hauptmann?
8. What was Lindbergh's political stance in the late 1930s?
9. Describe the conditions of Lindbergh's death.
10. What criticism was leveled at the Lindberghs after the birth of their second son?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)