|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Charles and Anne Morrow Lindbergh depart for, soon after the birth of their second son?
(a) South America.
2. What was Lindbergh's advice to England and America?
(a) To attack weaknesses in Germany's air defense.
(b) To sanction Germany until it demilitarized.
(c) To crush Germany's air force before it got too powerful.
(d) Not to engage German planes.
3. Who was Graveyard John?
(a) A mobster who acted as go-between for the Lindberghs.
(b) An IRS officer who tracked the kidnappers.
(c) A man who claimed falsely to be the kidnapper.
(d) The kidnapper.
4. What did Lindbergh think was the best way to handle the investigation?
5. What did Lindbergh die of?
(a) Brain tumor.
(b) Old age.
(c) Lymphatic cancer.
(d) Plane crash.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Lindbergh's estimation of Hitler?
2. What was Lindbergh's relation with Pan Am?
3. Where were Lindbergh and Anne Morrow married?
4. How does Denenberg characterize Hauptmann's defense?
5. What was Roosevelt's solution to the controversy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Lindbergh's publicity tour.
2. What was Lindbergh employed at during the trial of Bruno Hauptmann?
3. Describe the controversy Lindbergh was embroiled in over the air mail.
4. What did Lindbergh do to turn people decisively against him?
5. What effect did Lindbergh's report on Germany's air strength have?
6. What was Lindbergh's relationship with Dr. Carrel?
7. What criticism was leveled at the Lindberghs after the birth of their second son?
8. Describe the resurgence of Lindbergh's popularity in the 1960s.
9. What were the problems with the investigation in the Lindberghs' baby's disappearance?
10. Describe the Lindberghs' literary successes after World War II.
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)