|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How successful was Lindbergh at keeping to his strict schedule?
(a) He made every stop on time.
(b) He was only late at one stop, and only because of fog.
(c) He got days behind almost from the start.
(d) He was routinely a few hours behind schedule.
2. What position did Lindbergh articulate as spokesman for the America First Committee?
3. What did Anne Morrow Lindbergh propose in 'Wave of the Future'?
(a) That Nazis be supported.
(b) That Nazis be exterminated.
(c) That Nazis be contained.
(d) That the Nazis not be fought.
4. How much did the Lindberghs give Graveyard John?
5. Where did Charles and Anne Morrow Lindbergh depart for, soon after the birth of their second son?
(a) South America.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Lindbergh's estimation of Nazi Germany?
2. What does Denenberg say Charles and Anne Morrow Lindbergh tried to do between the kidnapping the Hauptmann's execution?
3. What had the kidnapper used to get into the house?
4. How was Anne Morrow Lindbergh's "A Gift from the Sea" received?
5. Where did the Lindberghs NOT have residences?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Lindbergh's publicity tour.
2. What role did Lindbergh's wife play in Lindbergh's thinking in the buildup to World War II?
3. What were the problems with the investigation in the Lindberghs' baby's disappearance?
4. Describe the controversy Lindbergh was embroiled in over the air mail.
5. What criticism was leveled at the Lindberghs after the birth of their second son?
6. What was Lindbergh's relationship with Dr. Carrel?
7. Describe Lindbergh's marriage to Anne Morrow.
8. Who was Graveyard John?
9. Describe the resurgence of Lindbergh's popularity in the 1960s.
10. How does Denenberg characterize the Lindberghs' lives during the 1950s and 60s?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)