|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people tuned in to the ceremony where Lindbergh returned to Washington D.C.?
(b) 1 million.
(c) 3 million.
2. How does Denenberg describe Lindbergh in front of cameras?
(a) A publicity hog.
3. What was Lindbergh fighting from his third through eighth hours en route to Paris?
(a) Stomach pains.
4. Who were Lindbergh's competition for the Orteig prize?
(a) French air force pilots.
(b) Individual pilots.
(d) American military engineers.
5. What had Lindbergh brought with him on account of this worry?
(a) Letters of introduction.
(c) Identification papers.
(d) A pistol.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Lindbergh greet a crowd after sleeping in Paris?
2. Why were lessons few and far between at the Ray Page's Flying School?
3. Where did Lindbergh want to put the fuel tank?
4. How does Denenberg say Lindbergh characterized the camera men to himself?
5. When was Charles Lindbergh born?
Short Essay Questions
1. What special accommodations did Lindbergh make to increase his chances of success?
2. Where did Lindbergh learn to fly officially?
3. What was the Orteig prize?
4. What obstacle did Lindbergh have to overcome off the coast of Nova Scotia?
5. How was Lindbergh's decision about where to put the fuel tank unconventional?
6. Where did Lindbergh go after his arrival in Paris?
7. What had Lindbergh expected to find on his arrival in France?
8. What was the importance of Lindbergh's double parachute jump?
9. How did Lindbergh handle publicity?
10. How did driving figure in Charles Lindbergh's early education?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)