|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Lindbergh make his transatlantic flight?
2. How does Denenberg explain Lindbergh's feelings about his nickname?
(a) He felt like it was a caricature but it was all the media needed to see.
(b) He felt like he was being celebrated for the wrong trait.
(c) He felt that his sense of humor had been misrepresented.
(d) He felt that planning, not luck, had explained his success.
3. What stunt marked the end of Charles Lindbergh apprenticeship?
(a) Almost falling during a wing-walk.
(b) An outside loop.
(c) A double parachute jump.
(d) Climbing up a ladder from a car to an airplane.
4. When did Lindbergh sight the Eiffel Tower?
(a) The 27th hour.
(b) The 28th hour.
(c) The 33rd hour.
(d) The 34th hour.
5. What does Denenberg say Lindbergh felt about camera men?
(a) He thought they got in his way.
(b) He was afraid they were stealing his soul.
(c) He thought they were there to magnify him.
(d) He could not get enough time in front of the cameras.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was conventional wisdom for how to pursue the Orteig prize?
2. What did the relative who taught Charles Lindbergh to tinker do for a career?
3. Where did Lindbergh want to put the fuel tank?
4. What kind of crisis does Lindbergh say he had in his ninth hour of flight?
5. How long did it take for Lindbergh to lose sight of the coast of the U.S.?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lindbergh describe his relationship with The Spirit of St. Louis?
2. What obstacle did Lindbergh have to overcome off the coast of Nova Scotia?
3. Why didn't Lindbergh like the press?
4. What was Lindbergh's nickname, and how did he feel about it?
5. What caveat does Denenberg offer for the journal entries included in chapter 5?
6. Where did Lindbergh learn to fly officially?
7. Describe the crowds that were present for Lindbergh's departure.
8. Why did the public swing behind Lindbergh?
9. How did Lindbergh handle publicity?
10. Describe Charles Lindbergh's education.
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)