|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did C.A. Lindbergh come to the U.S. from?
2. Where did Charles Lindbergh inherit his love of machinery?
(a) His maternal grandfather.
(b) His paternal grandfather.
(c) His paternal great-grandfather.
(d) His father.
3. What was the make of the first plane bought?
(a) A Wright Flyer.
(b) A Curtis Jenny.
(c) A Curtis Pusher.
(d) A Gypsy Moth.
4. When did Charles Lindbergh acquire his own plane?
5. What does Lindbergh say about reporters in chapter 5?
(a) He thanks them for making him a celebrity.
(b) He expresses bewilderment about their desire to write lies.
(c) He wishes they would take more care about facts.
(d) He expresses annoyance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Lindbergh's nickname?
2. What does Lindbergh say he will do if this flight fails?
3. What was the Orteig prize for?
4. How did Lindbergh handle the requests for product endorsements?
5. What did C.A. Lindbergh accomplish in 1906?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Denenberg say about C.A. Lindbergh's marriage with Evangeline Lodge Land?
2. Where did Lindbergh learn to fly officially?
3. What was Lindbergh's competition like?
4. How did Lindbergh approach his landing place?
5. What was the Orteig prize?
6. Why didn't Lindbergh like the press?
7. Describe Lindbergh's arrival in New York.
8. What offers were made to Lindbergh, and how did he respond to them?
9. What caveat does Denenberg offer for the journal entries included in chapter 5?
10. Why did the public swing behind Lindbergh?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)