|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Denenberg describe Lindbergh in front of cameras?
(a) A publicity hog.
2. What kind of crisis does Lindbergh say he had in his ninth hour of flight?
(c) Desire to be on the ground.
3. What route did Lindbergh fly air mail for?
(a) New York-Washington D.C.
(b) San Francisco-L.A.
(c) St. Louis-Chicago.
(d) Chicago-New York.
4. When was Charles Lindbergh's first flight?
5. What did Lindbergh see in the cockpit in the 22nd hour?
(b) Ice forming.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much was the Orteig prize?
2. Where did C.A. Lindbergh settle in the U.S.?
3. What happened to Charles Lindbergh's family when he was three and a half years old?
4. Why did Lindbergh nearly die from his stunt?
5. What decision did C.A. Lindbergh and his wife make for the sake of his career?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Lindbergh family history before Charles Lindbergh, the aviator and subject of this biography, was born?
2. What was Lindbergh's theory for crossing the Atlantic?
3. How was Lindbergh's decision about where to put the fuel tank unconventional?
4. Describe Lindbergh's first plane.
5. Why did the public swing behind Lindbergh?
6. What was Lindbergh's competition like?
7. What had Lindbergh expected to find on his arrival in France?
8. What was Lindbergh's reputation as a pilot?
9. How did Lindbergh approach his landing place?
10. How did driving figure in Charles Lindbergh's early education?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)