|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Harry Knight?
(a) The money behind Lindbergh's attempt at the Orteig prize.
(b) Lindbergh's mechanic.
(c) Lindbergh's instructor.
(d) Lindbergh's business partner.
2. What happened to The Spirit of St. Louis after Lindbergh landed?
(a) Lindbergh wrecked it on landing.
(b) Police impounded it.
(c) It caught fire.
(d) Souvenir-seekers tore it apart.
3. Where was The Spirit of St. Louis built?
(a) New York.
(b) St. Louis.
(c) San Diego.
(d) Washington D.C.
4. When did Charles Lindbergh acquire his own plane?
5. Where did Lindbergh greet a crowd after sleeping in Paris?
(a) The U.S. Embassy.
(b) The Louvre.
(c) Le Bourget.
(d) The Eiffel Tower.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Charles Lindbergh's first flight?
2. Where did Lindbergh take The Spirit of St. Louis on its first flight?
3. What was the make of the first plane bought?
4. What was Lindbergh's nickname?
5. What was the public's reaction to Lindbergh's manner in front of cameras?
Short Essay Questions
1. What had Lindbergh expected to find on his arrival in France?
2. How does Denenberg describe Lindbergh's love of mechanical things?
3. Describe Lindbergh's early education in aviation.
4. What special accommodations did Lindbergh make to increase his chances of success?
5. What was Lindbergh's competition like?
6. What was the Orteig prize?
7. What offers were made to Lindbergh, and how did he respond to them?
8. How does Lindbergh describe his relationship with The Spirit of St. Louis?
9. What was Lindbergh's theory for crossing the Atlantic?
10. What was the importance of Lindbergh's double parachute jump?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)