|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What goal did Lindbergh ask the manufacturers to aim for with The Spirit of St. Louis?
(a) As strong as possible.
(b) As sleek as possible.
(c) As light as possible.
(d) As fast as possible.
2. In what month did Lindbergh fly to Paris from New York?
3. What had Lindbergh brought with him on account of this worry?
(b) Identification papers.
(c) A pistol.
(d) Letters of introduction.
4. Where was The Spirit of St. Louis built?
(a) St. Louis.
(b) San Diego.
(c) New York.
(d) Washington D.C.
5. How did Lindbergh locate the airport in Paris? He looked for the lights.
(a) He looked for the lights.
(b) He was led to it by an escort.
(c) He followed the flares.
(d) He navigated to it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was C.A. Lindbergh's mother's house?
2. What did Lindbergh fly without, on his transatlantic flight?
3. What did Lindbergh encounter off the coast of Nova Scotia?
4. What stunt marked the end of Charles Lindbergh apprenticeship?
5. Who was Shorty Lynch?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Lindbergh's relationship with Harry Knight?
2. What offers were made to Lindbergh, and how did he respond to them?
3. Why did the public swing behind Lindbergh?
4. What was Lindbergh's competition like?
5. Describe the crowds that were present for Lindbergh's departure.
6. Where did Lindbergh learn to fly officially?
7. How did Lindbergh handle publicity?
8. From what did Lindbergh leave for Paris, and when did he leave?
9. What was the childhood experience that left a long-lasting impression on Charles Lindbergh?
10. When was Lindbergh's first flight?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)