|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did C.A. Lindbergh accomplish in 1906?
(a) He won a prominent corruption case.
(b) Election to the Minnesota House of Representatives.
(c) Election to the U.S. House of Representatives.
(d) He held hearings into the spread of socialism in America.
2. How would barnstormers make money?
(a) Cash prizes from flying contests.
(b) Cash for flying lessons.
(c) Cash for rides.
(d) Cash for daredevil performances.
3. How many people tuned in to the ceremony where Lindbergh returned to Washington D.C.?
(a) 3 million.
(b) 1 million.
4. What limitation would Lindbergh's placement for the fuel tank introduce?
(a) Increased danger of fire.
(b) Increased drag.
(c) Increased weight.
(d) Reduced forward vision.
5. Where did Lindbergh take The Spirit of St. Louis on its first flight?
(b) Washington D.C.
(c) New York.
(d) St. Louis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was 'the Lindy'?
2. When was Charles Lindbergh's first flight?
3. Where did Charles Lindbergh work as a teenager?
4. Who was Shorty Lynch?
5. What goal did Lindbergh ask the manufacturers to aim for with The Spirit of St. Louis?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Lindbergh approach his landing place?
2. What did Lindbergh do during the war?
3. What is the Lindbergh family history before Charles Lindbergh, the aviator and subject of this biography, was born?
4. What was Lindbergh's theory for crossing the Atlantic?
5. How does Denenberg describe Lindbergh's love of mechanical things?
6. What problem did Lindbergh encounter for flying too high, and how did he solve it?
7. What was the importance of Lindbergh's double parachute jump?
8. Describe Lindbergh's arrival in New York.
9. Why didn't Lindbergh like the press?
10. What had Lindbergh planned to do after arriving in Paris?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)