|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Lindbergh fly without, on his transatlantic flight?
(a) A rudder.
(b) A fuel gauge.
(c) A log book.
(d) A wristwatch.
2. What was conventional wisdom for how to pursue the Orteig prize?
(a) To get into the jet stream.
(b) To use as much horsepower and as small a plane as possible.
(c) To use a multi-engine plane with a pilot and navigator.
(d) To use a cantilevered monoplane with structural reinforcements.
3. What does Denenberg say Lindbergh received in the mail after returning to the U.S.?
(b) Marriage proposals.
(c) Book deals.
(d) Business proposals.
4. Who had Lindbergh expected to meet him?
(a) Thronging crowds.
(c) A handful of reporters.
(d) His wife.
5. What was the local time when Lindbergh touched down in Paris?
(a) 10:22 pm.
(b) 4:42 am.
(c) 2:51 pm.
(d) 2:39 am.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Erold Bahl?
2. What was C.A. Lindbergh's birth name?
3. What were Lindbergh and his flight team waiting for before he took off?
4. Where did Charles Lindbergh get formal education in flying?
5. Why were lessons few and far between at the Ray Page's Flying School?
Short Essay Questions
1. What had Lindbergh planned to do after arriving in Paris?
2. How was Lindbergh's decision about where to put the fuel tank unconventional?
3. When was Lindbergh's first flight?
4. What caveat does Denenberg offer for the journal entries included in chapter 5?
5. Where did Lindbergh go after his arrival in Paris?
6. What special accommodations did Lindbergh make to increase his chances of success?
7. Why did the public swing behind Lindbergh?
8. What did Lindbergh find when he arrived in Paris?
9. What is the Lindbergh family history before Charles Lindbergh, the aviator and subject of this biography, was born?
10. Describe Lindbergh's early education in aviation.
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)