|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was it about Lindbergh's flight that captivated the public, according to Denenberg?
(a) His confident swagger.
(b) His underdog status.
(c) His pet lion.
(d) His colorful personality.
2. When were the contents of chapter 5 written?
(a) In the air to Paris.
(b) After the flight to Paris.
(c) It is not certain when they were composed.
(d) Before the flight to Paris.
3. Who were Lindbergh's competitors funded by?
(c) The flyers themselves.
4. Where did Lindbergh take The Spirit of St. Louis on its first flight?
(a) Washington D.C.
(b) St. Louis.
(d) New York.
5. What other trick would Lindbergh do while barnstorming?
(a) Hang from the wing by a strap.
(b) Aerial acrobatics.
(d) Jump from one plane to another.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lindbergh fly without, on his transatlantic flight?
2. How does Denenberg say Lindbergh characterized the camera men to himself?
3. Why did C.A. Lindbergh change his name when he came to the U.S.?
4. What happened to the flyers who set out for the Orteig prize before Lindbergh?
5. What did Lindbergh feel about his nickname?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the Orteig prize?
2. What did Lindbergh find when he arrived in Paris?
3. What had Lindbergh expected to find on his arrival in France?
4. Describe Lindbergh's first plane.
5. How did Lindbergh approach his landing place?
6. Describe Lindbergh's arrival in New York.
7. Why did the public swing behind Lindbergh?
8. What is the Lindbergh family history before Charles Lindbergh, the aviator and subject of this biography, was born?
9. What offers were made to Lindbergh, and how did he respond to them?
10. What was Lindbergh's theory for crossing the Atlantic?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)