|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How would you describe the crowd that came to see Lindbergh take off for Europe?
(a) A couple of friends.
(b) A small group and a reporter.
(c) A few judges and fellow pilots.
2. What was Lindbergh's nickname?
(a) Laughing Lindy.
(b) Last-minute Lindy.
(c) Lucky Lindy.
(d) Wrong-way Lindy.
3. When was Charles Lindbergh born?
4. Where did Lindbergh take The Spirit of St. Louis on its first flight?
(a) Washington D.C.
(b) St. Louis.
(d) New York.
5. What happened to Charles Lindbergh's family when he was three and a half years old?
(a) Charles' brother was kidnapped.
(b) A fire destroyed their home.
(c) Charles' mother died.
(d) A flood destroyed their home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lindbergh say he will do if this flight fails?
2. How did Charles Lindbergh help his father's political campaign?
3. What was the make of the first plane bought?
4. What would Charles Lindbergh do for Erold Bahl?
5. What will sleep mean for Lindbergh while he is flying?
Short Essay Questions
1. What had Lindbergh expected to find on his arrival in France?
2. What was Lindbergh's reputation as a pilot?
3. What did Lindbergh find when he arrived in Paris?
4. What was Lindbergh's theory for crossing the Atlantic?
5. Describe Lindbergh's early education in aviation.
6. What is the Lindbergh family history before Charles Lindbergh, the aviator and subject of this biography, was born?
7. Where did Lindbergh go after his arrival in Paris?
8. Why did the public swing behind Lindbergh?
9. How did Lindbergh approach his landing place?
10. Describe Lindbergh's first plane.
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)