|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Lindbergh's policy about a parachute on the transatlantic flight?
(a) He carried a very lightweight parachute.
(b) He carried a life raft instead.
(c) He had a parachute built for the plane in case of failure.
(d) He did not carry one.
2. What did Lindbergh see in the cockpit in the 22nd hour?
(b) Ice forming.
3. What decision did C.A. Lindbergh and his wife make for the sake of his career?
(a) Not to have any more children.
(b) To move to Washington D.C.
(c) To start a family.
(d) Not to divorce.
4. Who was Shorty Lynch?
(a) A mechanic.
(b) A parachutist.
(c) A barnstormer.
(d) A politician in charge of aviation.
5. How successful was Lindbergh in his own barnstorming career?
(a) He would have been forgotten except for his dangerous stunts.
(b) He made a fortune.
(c) He did not make money, but he learned a lot.
(d) His skills attracted the notice of corporate sponsors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were lessons few and far between at the Ray Page's Flying School?
2. What would Charles Lindbergh do for Erold Bahl?
3. What did Charles Lindbergh prefer to do during college?
4. What limitation would Lindbergh's placement for the fuel tank introduce?
5. What was the local time when Lindbergh touched down in Paris?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Charles Lindbergh's education.
2. What was Lindbergh's theory for crossing the Atlantic?
3. What offers were made to Lindbergh, and how did he respond to them?
4. What did Lindbergh find when he arrived in Paris?
5. Describe Lindbergh's early education in aviation.
6. How does Denenberg describe Lindbergh's love of mechanical things?
7. How was Lindbergh's decision about where to put the fuel tank unconventional?
8. Where did Lindbergh go after his arrival in Paris?
9. From what did Lindbergh leave for Paris, and when did he leave?
10. What caveat does Denenberg offer for the journal entries included in chapter 5?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)