|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who else did reporters visit because of their interest in Lindbergh?
(a) His mother.
(b) His flying teachers.
(c) His grandparents.
(d) His children.
2. How much was Lindbergh estimated to have earned as a result of his transatlantic flight?
(b) $1 million.
(c) $3 million.
3. What was conventional wisdom for how to pursue the Orteig prize?
(a) To use as much horsepower and as small a plane as possible.
(b) To use a cantilevered monoplane with structural reinforcements.
(c) To use a multi-engine plane with a pilot and navigator.
(d) To get into the jet stream.
4. In what month did Lindbergh fly to Paris from New York?
5. What drew Lindbergh to the facility where he learned to fly?
(a) He followed a friend who was going there.
(b) Quality of planes and training.
(c) The good pay.
(d) The rate at which graduates were being placed in lucrative positions.
Short Answer Questions
1. How successful was Lindbergh in his own barnstorming career?
2. What did C.A. Lindbergh accomplish in 1906?
3. How did Lindbergh handle the requests for product endorsements?
4. What was the make of the first plane bought?
5. How did Lindbergh locate the airport in Paris? He looked for the lights.
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Lindbergh's decision about where to put the fuel tank unconventional?
2. What was Lindbergh employed at during the trial of Bruno Hauptmann?
3. Describe the resurgence of Lindbergh's popularity in the 1960s.
4. Describe the controversy Lindbergh was embroiled in over the air mail.
5. Who was ultimately responsible for the Lindbergh baby's abduction and murder?
6. What was the importance of Lindbergh's double parachute jump?
7. What effect did Lindbergh's report on Germany's air strength have?
8. What did Lindbergh see in his visits to Germany?
9. Where did Lindbergh go after his arrival in Paris?
10. What was Lindbergh's reputation as a pilot?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)