|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Lindbergh in the 14th hour of the flight?
(a) He lost his way.
(b) He stalled.
(c) He fell asleep.
(d) He flew too high.
2. What did Lindbergh encounter off the coast of Nova Scotia?
3. What was the local time when Lindbergh touched down in Paris?
(a) 4:42 am.
(b) 10:22 pm.
(c) 2:39 am.
(d) 2:51 pm.
4. Where did Charles Lindbergh inherit his love of machinery?
(a) His maternal grandfather.
(b) His father.
(c) His paternal grandfather.
(d) His paternal great-grandfather.
5. What did C.A. Lindbergh accomplish in 1906?
(a) Election to the U.S. House of Representatives.
(b) Election to the Minnesota House of Representatives.
(c) He won a prominent corruption case.
(d) He held hearings into the spread of socialism in America.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did it cost to built The Spirit of St. Louis?
2. When was Charles Lindbergh born?
3. What does Lindbergh say he will do if this flight fails?
4. How did Lindbergh keep track of fuel consumption on his flight to Paris?
5. What goal did Lindbergh ask the manufacturers to aim for with The Spirit of St. Louis?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the importance of Lindbergh's double parachute jump?
2. Describe the crowds that were present for Lindbergh's departure.
3. How did Lindbergh approach his landing place?
4. Why did the public swing behind Lindbergh?
5. How did Lindbergh prevent himself falling asleep?
6. What was Lindbergh's theory for crossing the Atlantic?
7. Describe Lindbergh's early education in aviation.
8. What problem did Lindbergh encounter for flying too high, and how did he solve it?
9. Why didn't Lindbergh like the press?
10. When was Lindbergh's first flight?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)