|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Lindbergh take off from?
(a) Bennett Field.
(b) La Guardia Airport.
(c) Roosevelt Field.
(d) Flowerfield Airport.
2. Who were Lindbergh's competition for the Orteig prize?
(a) Individual pilots.
(b) American military engineers.
(c) French air force pilots.
3. When was Charles Lindbergh born?
4. How much did it cost to built The Spirit of St. Louis?
5. Who built The Spirit of St. Louis?
Short Answer Questions
1. What goal did Lindbergh ask the manufacturers to aim for with The Spirit of St. Louis?
2. What decision did C.A. Lindbergh and his wife make for the sake of his career?
3. What happened to the flyers who set out for the Orteig prize before Lindbergh?
4. What kind of crisis does Lindbergh say he had in his ninth hour of flight?
5. Why were lessons few and far between at the Ray Page's Flying School?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the crowds that were present for Lindbergh's departure.
2. How did Lindbergh prevent himself falling asleep?
3. How was Lindbergh's decision about where to put the fuel tank unconventional?
4. What caveat does Denenberg offer for the journal entries included in chapter 5?
5. Where did Lindbergh learn to fly officially?
6. How did driving figure in Charles Lindbergh's early education?
7. What was Lindbergh's competition like?
8. What had Lindbergh planned to do after arriving in Paris?
9. What is the Lindbergh family history before Charles Lindbergh, the aviator and subject of this biography, was born?
10. What was Lindbergh's theory for crossing the Atlantic?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)