|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Shorty Lynch?
(a) A parachutist.
(b) A politician in charge of aviation.
(c) A barnstormer.
(d) A mechanic.
2. What other trick would Lindbergh do while barnstorming?
(a) Hang from the wing by a strap.
(b) Jump from one plane to another.
(d) Aerial acrobatics.
3. Why did police attend Lindbergh's departure for Europe?
(a) To protect him from assassination attempts.
(b) To make sure his flight plan was acceptable.
(c) To control the crowds.
(d) To ask him about a murder in New York.
4. Who were Lindbergh's competition for the Orteig prize?
(a) Individual pilots.
(b) French air force pilots.
(d) American military engineers.
5. Who built The Spirit of St. Louis?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lindbergh accept from President Coolidge?
2. Why did Lindbergh leave from this airport?
3. Where did Charles Lindbergh work as a teenager?
4. What did Lindbergh fly without, on his transatlantic flight?
5. What business were Orville and Wilbur Wright in, when they invented the airplane in 1903?
Short Essay Questions
1. When was Lindbergh's first flight?
2. Who was Graveyard John?
3. What was Lindbergh's competition like?
4. What efforts did the Lindberghs have to take to avoid the press?
5. From what did Lindbergh leave for Paris, and when did he leave?
6. How does Denenberg characterize the Lindberghs' lives during the 1950s and 60s?
7. What did Lindbergh see in his visits to Germany?
8. Describe the Lindberghs' literary successes after World War II.
9. What did Lindbergh do to turn people decisively against him?
10. How did Lindbergh approach his landing place?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)