|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were lessons few and far between at the Ray Page's Flying School?
(a) Page had difficulty keeping his craft in flying condition.
(b) Page was always traveling around looking for schemes for making money.
(c) Page had been spooked when he saw a friend die in a plane crash.
(d) Page was an alcoholic, and his flying days were few and far between.
2. Where did Lindbergh want to put the fuel tank?
(a) Beneath the pilot.
(b) Behind the pilot.
(c) In the wing.
(d) Behind the engine.
3. What kind of crisis does Lindbergh say he had in his ninth hour of flight?
(c) Desire to be on the ground.
4. How successful was Lindbergh in his own barnstorming career?
(a) He did not make money, but he learned a lot.
(b) He made a fortune.
(c) His skills attracted the notice of corporate sponsors.
(d) He would have been forgotten except for his dangerous stunts.
5. What drew Lindbergh to the facility where he learned to fly?
(a) Quality of planes and training.
(b) The rate at which graduates were being placed in lucrative positions.
(c) The good pay.
(d) He followed a friend who was going there.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Charles Lindbergh inherit his love of machinery?
2. How would barnstormers make money?
3. How many people tuned in to the ceremony where Lindbergh returned to Washington D.C.?
4. What will sleep mean for Lindbergh while he is flying?
5. What was Le Bourget like when Lindbergh landed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What had Lindbergh planned to do after arriving in Paris?
2. What was the Orteig prize?
3. How does Lindbergh describe his relationship with The Spirit of St. Louis?
4. What was Lindbergh's nickname, and how did he feel about it?
5. How did driving figure in Charles Lindbergh's early education?
6. What was Lindbergh's reputation as a pilot?
7. What problem did Lindbergh encounter for flying too high, and how did he solve it?
8. Describe Lindbergh's first plane.
9. How did Lindbergh handle publicity?
10. From what did Lindbergh leave for Paris, and when did he leave?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)