|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What limitation would Lindbergh's placement for the fuel tank introduce?
(a) Reduced forward vision.
(b) Increased drag.
(c) Increased weight.
(d) Increased danger of fire.
2. What did Charles Lindbergh do while he was an air mail pilot?
(a) Crash twice.
(b) Improve air mail reliability.
(c) Display a talent for management.
(d) Perform dangerous stunts.
3. Where was The Spirit of St. Louis built?
(a) San Diego.
(b) St. Louis.
(c) New York.
(d) Washington D.C.
4. What was at the heart of Charles Lindbergh's first machine?
(a) An airfoil.
(b) A small engine.
(c) A pulley system.
(d) A primitive computer.
5. Who were Lindbergh's competitors funded by?
(c) The flyers themselves.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had Lindbergh expected to meet him?
2. Who interested Charles Lindbergh in flying?
3. Where did C.A. Lindbergh come to the U.S. from?
4. What was 'the Lindy'?
5. Who built The Spirit of St. Louis?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did driving figure in Charles Lindbergh's early education?
2. Why didn't Lindbergh like the press?
3. Describe Lindbergh's early education in aviation.
4. What was Lindbergh's theory for crossing the Atlantic?
5. What does Denenberg say about C.A. Lindbergh's marriage with Evangeline Lodge Land?
6. What obstacle did Lindbergh have to overcome off the coast of Nova Scotia?
7. From what did Lindbergh leave for Paris, and when did he leave?
8. What was the Orteig prize?
9. How did Lindbergh handle publicity?
10. What was the importance of Lindbergh's double parachute jump?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)