|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the relative who taught Charles Lindbergh to tinker do for a career?
2. What was Lindbergh's nickname?
(a) Lucky Lindy.
(b) Wrong-way Lindy.
(c) Laughing Lindy.
(d) Last-minute Lindy.
3. Where did Charles Lindbergh get formal education in flying?
(a) Flying with Shorty Lynch.
(b) Flying with Erold Bahl.
(c) Ray Page's Flying School.
(d) The Army Air Service.
4. How does Lindbergh describe his relationship with The Spirit of St. Louis?
(a) He says that it felt like a willful machine.
(b) He says that it felt like a wild animal.
(c) He says it felt like a stubborn woman.
(d) He says that it felt like an extension of his body.
5. Why did Lindbergh leave from this airport?
(a) It was paved.
(b) It was furthest east.
(c) It had a long runway.
(d) It would help protect him from publicity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lindbergh encounter off the coast of Nova Scotia?
2. Why was Lindbergh reluctant to accept this from the President?
3. In what month did Lindbergh fly to Paris from New York?
4. Who built The Spirit of St. Louis?
5. How did Charles Lindbergh help his father's political campaign?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Lindbergh's competition like?
2. What was the Orteig prize?
3. When was Lindbergh's first flight?
4. What was the importance of Lindbergh's double parachute jump?
5. What was the childhood experience that left a long-lasting impression on Charles Lindbergh?
6. What offers were made to Lindbergh, and how did he respond to them?
7. How did Lindbergh approach his landing place?
8. What had Lindbergh planned to do after arriving in Paris?
9. How does Denenberg describe Lindbergh's love of mechanical things?
10. Why did the public swing behind Lindbergh?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)