|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was at the heart of Charles Lindbergh's first machine?
(a) An airfoil.
(b) A primitive computer.
(c) A small engine.
(d) A pulley system.
2. What did Charles Lindbergh prefer to do during college?
(a) Help his father with politics.
(b) Study engineering.
(c) Race motorcycles.
(d) Build airplanes.
3. What did Lindbergh feel about his nickname?
(a) He adopted it himself.
(b) He hated it.
(c) He hid behind it.
(d) He resisted it.
4. Where did Lindbergh want to put the fuel tank?
(a) Beneath the pilot.
(b) In the wing.
(c) Behind the pilot.
(d) Behind the engine.
5. When did Lindbergh sight the Eiffel Tower?
(a) The 34th hour.
(b) The 28th hour.
(c) The 33rd hour.
(d) The 27th hour.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did C.A. Lindbergh settle in the U.S.?
2. What route did Lindbergh fly air mail for?
3. What was Lindbergh's nickname?
4. How did Lindbergh approach Paris?
5. When did Lindbergh make his transatlantic flight?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Lindbergh's first plane.
2. What was the importance of Lindbergh's double parachute jump?
3. What was Lindbergh's relationship with Harry Knight?
4. What was Lindbergh's theory for crossing the Atlantic?
5. What caveat does Denenberg offer for the journal entries included in chapter 5?
6. How did Lindbergh handle publicity?
7. Describe Lindbergh's arrival in New York.
8. Why didn't Lindbergh like the press?
9. Describe Charles Lindbergh's education.
10. What was Lindbergh's reputation as a pilot?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)