|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of celebration was Lindbergh treated to in New York?
(a) A ticker tape parade.
(b) A dance party.
(c) An honorary doctorate.
(d) A christening at a new airport.
2. When did Lindbergh sight the Eiffel Tower?
(a) The 27th hour.
(b) The 34th hour.
(c) The 33rd hour.
(d) The 28th hour.
3. What happened to Lindbergh after landing?
(a) He gave a speech.
(b) He was arrested.
(c) He was injured.
(d) He was carried aloft by the crowd.
4. How long did Lindbergh sleep after landing?
(a) 10 hours.
(b) 6 hours.
(c) 14 hours.
(d) 2 hours.
5. What drew Lindbergh to the facility where he learned to fly?
(a) Quality of planes and training.
(b) The good pay.
(c) He followed a friend who was going there.
(d) The rate at which graduates were being placed in lucrative positions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Denenberg say Lindbergh felt about camera men?
2. Who interested Charles Lindbergh in flying?
3. When was Charles Lindbergh's first flight?
4. Where was C.A. Lindbergh's mother's house?
5. What did C.A. Lindbergh accomplish in 1906?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Lindbergh's publicity tour.
2. What was Lindbergh's political stance in the late 1930s?
3. What special accommodations did Lindbergh make to increase his chances of success?
4. What was Lindbergh's reputation as a pilot?
5. How did Lindbergh handle publicity?
6. What was the importance of Lindbergh's double parachute jump?
7. How did Lindbergh prevent himself falling asleep?
8. What obstacle did Lindbergh have to overcome off the coast of Nova Scotia?
9. What events undermined Lindbergh's political position?
10. What had Lindbergh planned to do after arriving in Paris?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)