|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much was the Orteig prize?
2. What was C.A. Lindbergh's birth name?
3. What was the local time when Lindbergh touched down in Paris?
(a) 2:51 pm.
(b) 10:22 pm.
(c) 4:42 am.
(d) 2:39 am.
4. Who were Lindbergh's competition for the Orteig prize?
(b) French air force pilots.
(c) Individual pilots.
(d) American military engineers.
5. How does Denenberg explain Lindbergh's feelings about his nickname?
(a) He felt that planning, not luck, had explained his success.
(b) He felt that his sense of humor had been misrepresented.
(c) He felt like he was being celebrated for the wrong trait.
(d) He felt like it was a caricature but it was all the media needed to see.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will sleep mean for Lindbergh while he is flying?
2. What did Charles Lindbergh prefer to do during college?
3. Why did Lindbergh leave from this airport?
4. What was the estimate of the size of the crowd that saw Lindbergh land?
5. Where did Lindbergh take The Spirit of St. Louis on its first flight?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Lindbergh's nickname, and how did he feel about it?
2. Describe the crowds that were present for Lindbergh's departure.
3. What was the childhood experience that left a long-lasting impression on Charles Lindbergh?
4. What had Lindbergh planned to do after arriving in Paris?
5. What was the Orteig prize?
6. What was Lindbergh's reputation as a pilot?
7. What did Lindbergh find when he arrived in Paris?
8. What was Lindbergh's competition like?
9. What offers were made to Lindbergh, and how did he respond to them?
10. How does Denenberg describe Lindbergh's love of mechanical things?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)