|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Lindbergh want to put the fuel tank?
(a) Behind the engine.
(b) In the wing.
(c) Behind the pilot.
(d) Beneath the pilot.
2. How does Denenberg say Lindbergh characterized the camera men to himself?
(a) He felt they could not get enough pictures.
(b) He felt they wanted to tear him apart.
(c) He felt they were out to frame him and embarrass him.
(d) He felt they wanted to take his place themselves.
3. Why was Lindbergh reluctant to accept this from the President?
(a) He had planned to circumnavigate the globe.
(b) He had wanted to remain anonymous.
(c) He did not want fame.
(d) He had not planned to return to the U.S.
4. What drew Lindbergh to the facility where he learned to fly?
(a) The good pay.
(b) The rate at which graduates were being placed in lucrative positions.
(c) He followed a friend who was going there.
(d) Quality of planes and training.
5. What limitation would Lindbergh's placement for the fuel tank introduce?
(a) Reduced forward vision.
(b) Increased drag.
(c) Increased danger of fire.
(d) Increased weight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does chapter 5 consist of?
2. How long did it take for Lindbergh to lose sight of the coast of the U.S.?
3. How would barnstormers make money?
4. Where was C.A. Lindbergh's mother's house?
5. What was Lindbergh's policy about a parachute on the transatlantic flight?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Lindbergh's arrival in New York.
2. Describe Lindbergh's early education in aviation.
3. What was Lindbergh's competition like?
4. Describe Charles Lindbergh's education.
5. Where did Lindbergh go after his arrival in Paris?
6. What problem did Lindbergh encounter for flying too high, and how did he solve it?
7. Why didn't Lindbergh like the press?
8. What is the Lindbergh family history before Charles Lindbergh, the aviator and subject of this biography, was born?
9. What offers were made to Lindbergh, and how did he respond to them?
10. From what did Lindbergh leave for Paris, and when did he leave?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)