|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did C.A. Lindbergh settle in the U.S.?
(a) Madison ,Wisconsin.
(b) Little Falls, Minnesota.
(c) Little Falls, Colorado.
2. Who interested Charles Lindbergh in flying?
(a) His college friends.
(b) His father.
(c) He had always been interested in flight.
(d) World War I aces.
3. What was the reaction to Lindbergh's transatlantic flight?
(a) He became a pariah.
(b) He became a controversial figure.
(c) He became a celebrity.
(d) He became a hermit.
4. What was the estimate of the size of the crowd that saw Lindbergh land?
(a) Between 10,000 and 20,000.
(b) Between 20,000 and 100,000.
(c) Between 60,000 and 70,000.
(d) Between 25 and 30 people.
5. How does Denenberg describe Lindbergh in front of cameras?
(c) A publicity hog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Lindbergh after landing?
2. What happened to Lindbergh in the 14th hour of the flight?
3. Who built The Spirit of St. Louis?
4. When did Lindbergh sight the Eiffel Tower?
5. Why did Lindbergh leave from this airport?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Lindbergh's relationship with Harry Knight?
2. Describe the Lindberghs' literary successes after World War II.
3. What was Lindbergh doing for work after he was married?
4. What did Lindbergh do during the war?
5. How did Lindbergh handle publicity?
6. What was the childhood experience that left a long-lasting impression on Charles Lindbergh?
7. Describe the crowds that were present for Lindbergh's departure.
8. What obstacle did Lindbergh have to overcome off the coast of Nova Scotia?
9. What was found when Lindbergh's baby was discovered missing?
10. What were the problems with the investigation in the Lindberghs' baby's disappearance?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)