|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Anne Morrow Lindbergh propose in 'Wave of the Future'?
(a) That Nazis be contained.
(b) That Nazis be supported.
(c) That Nazis be exterminated.
(d) That the Nazis not be fought.
2. What impression did Goering give Lindbergh of the Luftwaffe?
(a) He downplayed its power.
(b) He made it seem less advanced than it was.
(c) He accentuated its technical accomplishments.
(d) He overstated its strengths.
3. What was Lindbergh's relation with Pan Am?
4. What prize did Lindbergh's autobiography win?
(a) The Pulitzer Prize.
(b) The Nobel Prize for Literature.
(c) The Congressional Medal of Honor.
(d) The National Book Critics Circle Award.
5. What had changed in Germany's military?
(a) Sanctions had weakened it.
(b) Hitler had remilitarized.
(c) The Depression had starved it of cash.
(d) Hitler had let it languish.
6. How did Lindbergh shock people in 1941?
(a) By blaming the Jews for dragging America into the war.
(b) By advocating further appeasement.
(c) By attacking the President for his isolationism.
(d) By embracing Hitler.
7. What did Lindbergh die of?
(a) Plane crash.
(b) Brain tumor.
(c) Old age.
(d) Lymphatic cancer.
8. What effort did Lindbergh contribute to the war effort?
(a) He was a spokesman for the government.
(b) He was a consultant to Henry Ford's factories.
(c) He raised money for the U.S. war bonds.
(d) He advocated engagement and containment.
9. What strategy did Charles and Anne Morrow Lindbergh adopt for going out in public?
(b) False press schedules.
10. What was Lindbergh given by Goering?
(a) An airplane.
(b) A commission.
(d) A medal.
11. Where did this journey take Lindbergh?
(a) To every European country.
(b) To Mexico and Canada.
(c) To all 48 states.
(d) To a new level of wealth and power.
12. What were the Lindberghs criticized for, by making this trip?
(a) Abandoning their son.
13. How did investigators finally find the kidnapper?
(a) By tracing gold certificates.
(b) By dumb luck.
(c) By using fingerprints.
(d) By handwriting analysis.
14. Where did the Lindberghs live after the war?
(a) Darien, CT.
(b) Hopewell, NJ.
(d) Boulder, CO.
15. Who was Dwight Morrow?
(a) A Senator from Wisconsin.
(b) A pilot.
(c) U.S. Ambassador to Mexico.
(d) An aviation advocate.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Lindbergh and Schwarzkopf suspect of the kidnapping?
2. What was Lindbergh's estimation of Hitler?
3. How was Anne Morrow Lindbergh's "A Gift from the Sea" received?
4. What did Roosevelt offer Lindbergh?
5. How old was Morrow's daughter when Lindbergh met her?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)