|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Charles and Anne Morrow Lindbergh depart for, soon after the birth of their second son?
(c) South America.
2. What happened a month after Lindbergh's award?
(a) The invasion of France.
(b) The invasion of Belgium.
(d) The invasion of Poland.
3. Why had Lindbergh flown to meet Morrow?
(a) To look for funding for a new air race.
(b) To propose a new airport in his district.
(c) To talk about plans to build new airplanes.
(d) To improve U.S.-Mexico relations.
4. What prize did Lindbergh's autobiography win?
(a) The National Book Critics Circle Award.
(b) The Pulitzer Prize.
(c) The Congressional Medal of Honor.
(d) The Nobel Prize for Literature.
5. Who backed Lindbergh financially?
(a) Erold Bahl.
(b) Harry Knight.
(c) President Coolidge.
(d) Harry Guggenheim.
6. What did Lindbergh embark on in late summer 1927?
(a) A tour to promote aviation.
(b) A new aviation company.
(c) A trip to China.
(d) A trip to South America.
7. How does Denenberg characterize Hauptmann's defense?
8. When did Lindbergh's view become a minority view?
9. What did Roosevelt offer Lindbergh?
(a) A cabinet post.
(b) Unmolested exile from the U.S.
(c) An advisory position in the U.S. military.
(d) Imprisonment, if he kept speaking in favor of Nazi Germany.
10. How did Violet Sharpe avoid interrogation?
(a) She fled the country.
(b) She pled the fifth.
(c) She went insane.
(d) She killed herself.
11. What had the kidnapper used to get into the house?
(a) A letter.
(b) A skeleton key.
(c) A ladder.
(d) An unlocked door.
12. Who did Lindbergh and Schwarzkopf suspect of the kidnapping?
(a) Mickey Rosner.
(b) Al Capone.
(c) John Condon.
(d) The media.
13. What was Lindbergh's estimation of Nazi Germany?
(a) A threat to civilization.
(b) An invincible military force.
(c) A force for progress.
(d) A necessary evil.
14. What was Schwarzkopf's background?
15. What did people question after Lindbergh's 1941 speech in Des Moines?
(a) His patriotism.
(b) His accuracy.
(c) His honesty.
(d) His sanity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Lindbergh keep to a strict timetable?
2. What was Lindbergh's relation with Pan Am?
3. What was the Lindberghs' second child's name?
4. What did Lindbergh think was the best way to handle the investigation?
5. What cause did Lindbergh take up later in life?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)