|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Lindbergh's relation with the media after World War II?
(a) He was vilified.
(b) He was largely left alone.
(c) He was lionized.
(d) He was continually hounded.
2. How did investigators finally find the kidnapper?
(a) By dumb luck.
(b) By handwriting analysis.
(c) By using fingerprints.
(d) By tracing gold certificates.
3. What was Lindbergh's estimation of Hitler?
(a) He was critical of him.
(b) He was impressed by him.
(c) He was afraid of him.
(d) He was wary of him.
4. How much did the Lindberghs give Graveyard John?
5. What impression did Goering give Lindbergh of the Luftwaffe?
(a) He downplayed its power.
(b) He accentuated its technical accomplishments.
(c) He made it seem less advanced than it was.
(d) He overstated its strengths.
6. Who was Colonel Schwarzkopf?
(a) The kidnapper.
(b) The head of the New Jersey Police.
(c) An FBI agent.
(d) A New Jersey investigator.
7. What did Roosevelt offer Lindbergh?
(a) Unmolested exile from the U.S.
(b) A cabinet post.
(c) An advisory position in the U.S. military.
(d) Imprisonment, if he kept speaking in favor of Nazi Germany.
8. What did Lindbergh think was the best way to handle the investigation?
9. What was Schwarzkopf's background?
10. What changed Lindbergh's view to a minority position?
(a) The failure of Hitler's air force.
(b) The suffering of the French.
(c) The publication of Hitler's atrocities.
(d) The Royal Air Force's success against the Luftwaffe.
11. How does Denenberg characterize the investigation of the Lindberghs' baby?
(a) Forensically advanced.
(c) A bungled mess.
(d) Highly scientific.
12. What was Roosevelt's solution to the controversy?
(a) To investigate the corruption.
(b) To create a new regulatory body overseeing air mail.
(c) To make air mail a federal service.
(d) To privatize air mail.
13. Who did the Lindberghs visit in 1937 and 1938?
(a) High-ranking Nazis.
(b) German diplomats.
(c) German refugees.
(d) Jewish leaders.
14. Who backed Lindbergh financially?
(a) Harry Guggenheim.
(b) Erold Bahl.
(c) President Coolidge.
(d) Harry Knight.
15. What was the Lindberghs' second child's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Graveyard John?
2. How does Denenberg characterize Hauptmann's defense?
3. What was the title of Lindbergh's autobiography?
4. Where did the Lindberghs live after the war?
5. When did Lindbergh's view become a minority view?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)