|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the Lindberghs NOT have residences?
(b) New Jersey.
(d) The Adirondacks.
2. What was Anne Lindbergh's position on her husband's views?
(a) She stood by them.
(b) She said he was not isolationist enough.
(c) She blamed the bankers in addition to the Jews.
(d) She apologized for them.
3. What prize did Lindbergh's autobiography win?
(a) The National Book Critics Circle Award.
(b) The Nobel Prize for Literature.
(c) The Congressional Medal of Honor.
(d) The Pulitzer Prize.
4. How was Anne Morrow Lindbergh's "A Gift from the Sea" received?
(a) It was not critically acclaimed.
(b) It received the Pulitzer Prize.
(c) It was a bestseller.
(d) It was praised by the President.
5. How did Violet Sharpe avoid interrogation?
(a) She killed herself.
(b) She fled the country.
(c) She went insane.
(d) She pled the fifth.
6. What was Lindbergh given by Goering?
(b) A commission.
(c) A medal.
(d) An airplane.
7. What did the media call the Lindberghs' estate in Hopewell?
(a) The Flyers' Rest.
(b) The Estate.
(c) The Eagle's Nest.
(d) The Old Wings Home.
8. What had the kidnapper used to get into the house?
(a) A skeleton key.
(b) A ladder.
(c) A letter.
(d) An unlocked door.
9. How old was Morrow's daughter when Lindbergh met her?
10. Where did this journey take Lindbergh?
(a) To every European country.
(b) To Mexico and Canada.
(c) To a new level of wealth and power.
(d) To all 48 states.
11. What had changed in Germany's military?
(a) The Depression had starved it of cash.
(b) Sanctions had weakened it.
(c) Hitler had let it languish.
(d) Hitler had remilitarized.
12. Where did Charles and Anne Morrow Lindbergh depart for, soon after the birth of their second son?
(a) South America.
13. How much did the Lindberghs give Graveyard John?
14. What did Lindbergh embark on in late summer 1927?
(a) A new aviation company.
(b) A tour to promote aviation.
(c) A trip to South America.
(d) A trip to China.
15. When was Lindbergh asked to visit Germany?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Graveyard John?
2. What happened a month after Lindbergh's award?
3. What stance did Lindbergh take with his earlier support of the Nazis?
4. Who did Lindbergh and Schwarzkopf suspect of the kidnapping?
5. What did Lindbergh think was the best way to handle the investigation?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)