|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the Lindberghs' second child's name?
2. What was Lindbergh's stance on Roosevelt's action?
(a) He supported it in public letters.
(b) He criticized it in a public telegram.
(c) He sought to evade it by exploiting a loophole.
(d) He sought to annul it in court.
3. How does Denenberg characterize the investigation of the Lindberghs' baby?
(b) Highly scientific.
(c) Forensically advanced.
(d) A bungled mess.
4. What stance did Lindbergh take with his earlier support of the Nazis?
(a) He apologized publicly on numerous occasions.
(b) He avoided all mention, but never supported them again.
(c) He never renounced his support.
(d) He attacked anyone who accused him of having made statements sympathetic of the Nazis.
5. When was Lindbergh's autobiography published?
6. What did Lindbergh think was the best way to handle the investigation?
7. What was Roosevelt's solution to the controversy?
(a) To investigate the corruption.
(b) To privatize air mail.
(c) To make air mail a federal service.
(d) To create a new regulatory body overseeing air mail.
8. What cause did Lindbergh take up later in life?
(b) Nuclear power.
(c) Airline regulation.
(d) Military development.
9. What was Lindbergh's estimation of Germany's air strength?
(a) He thought them invincible.
(b) He identified weaknesses in their air force.
(c) He identified its strategic limitations.
(d) He described it as weak.
10. What had changed in Germany's military?
(a) Hitler had let it languish.
(b) Sanctions had weakened it.
(c) The Depression had starved it of cash.
(d) Hitler had remilitarized.
11. What was the subject of the controversy Lindbergh was embroiled in in 1934?
(a) Air mail efficiency.
(b) Air mail contracts.
(c) Corruption in the air mail organization.
(d) Deaths in air mail pilots.
12. Who was Dwight Morrow?
(a) An aviation advocate.
(b) A pilot.
(c) A Senator from Wisconsin.
(d) U.S. Ambassador to Mexico.
13. What was Lindbergh given by Goering?
(a) A medal.
(c) A commission.
(d) An airplane.
14. How did investigators finally find the kidnapper?
(a) By dumb luck.
(b) By handwriting analysis.
(c) By using fingerprints.
(d) By tracing gold certificates.
15. Who was Graveyard John?
(a) A mobster who acted as go-between for the Lindberghs.
(b) The kidnapper.
(c) A man who claimed falsely to be the kidnapper.
(d) An IRS officer who tracked the kidnappers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why had Lindbergh flown to meet Morrow?
2. What influence had Lindbergh had on the practice of appeasement?
3. What prize did Lindbergh's autobiography win?
4. What did Roosevelt offer Lindbergh?
5. What was Lindbergh's estimation of Hitler?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)