|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did this journey take Lindbergh?
(a) To every European country.
(b) To Mexico and Canada.
(c) To a new level of wealth and power.
(d) To all 48 states.
2. When did Lindbergh's view become a minority view?
3. Where did Charles and Anne Morrow Lindbergh depart for, soon after the birth of their second son?
(b) South America.
4. What prize did Lindbergh's autobiography win?
(a) The Nobel Prize for Literature.
(b) The National Book Critics Circle Award.
(c) The Pulitzer Prize.
(d) The Congressional Medal of Honor.
5. What was Lindbergh's estimation of Nazi Germany?
(a) An invincible military force.
(b) A threat to civilization.
(c) A necessary evil.
(d) A force for progress.
6. What was Lindbergh's estimation of Hitler?
(a) He was impressed by him.
(b) He was wary of him.
(c) He was afraid of him.
(d) He was critical of him.
7. What was Lindbergh working to complete in July 1927?
(a) Proposals for new prizes for long distance flights.
(b) Repairs to The Spirit of St. Louis.
(c) Plans for a trip to China.
(d) An account of his trip.
8. What was Lindbergh's relation with the media after World War II?
(a) He was largely left alone.
(b) He was lionized.
(c) He was vilified.
(d) He was continually hounded.
9. When was Lindbergh's autobiography published?
10. What was the title of Lindbergh's autobiography?
(a) 'The Spirit of St. Louis'.
(b) 'My Time in Hiding'.
(d) 'Mistakes I've Made'.
11. What was the subject of the controversy Lindbergh was embroiled in in 1934?
(a) Air mail contracts.
(b) Corruption in the air mail organization.
(c) Deaths in air mail pilots.
(d) Air mail efficiency.
12. What had changed in Germany's military?
(a) The Depression had starved it of cash.
(b) Hitler had let it languish.
(c) Hitler had remilitarized.
(d) Sanctions had weakened it.
13. Who did Lindbergh and Schwarzkopf suspect of the kidnapping?
(a) The media.
(b) Al Capone.
(c) Mickey Rosner.
(d) John Condon.
14. What was Lindbergh given by Goering?
(a) A medal.
(c) An airplane.
(d) A commission.
15. How did Violet Sharpe avoid interrogation?
(a) She killed herself.
(b) She pled the fifth.
(c) She fled the country.
(d) She went insane.
Short Answer Questions
1. What position did Lindbergh articulate as spokesman for the America First Committee?
2. What changed Lindbergh's view to a minority position?
3. Why had Lindbergh flown to meet Morrow?
4. Who conceded territory to Hitler?
5. When was the Lindberghs' son kidnapped?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)