|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Lindbergh's estimation of Nazi Germany?
(a) A threat to civilization.
(b) An invincible military force.
(c) A necessary evil.
(d) A force for progress.
2. What was Anne Lindbergh's position on her husband's views?
(a) She blamed the bankers in addition to the Jews.
(b) She stood by them.
(c) She said he was not isolationist enough.
(d) She apologized for them.
3. What was Schwarzkopf's background?
4. What did the media call the Lindberghs' estate in Hopewell?
(a) The Old Wings Home.
(b) The Eagle's Nest.
(c) The Flyers' Rest.
(d) The Estate.
5. What was the subject of the controversy Lindbergh was embroiled in in 1934?
(a) Air mail efficiency.
(b) Deaths in air mail pilots.
(c) Air mail contracts.
(d) Corruption in the air mail organization.
6. What was the Lindberghs' second child's name?
7. Who was Colonel Schwarzkopf?
(a) The kidnapper.
(b) An FBI agent.
(c) The head of the New Jersey Police.
(d) A New Jersey investigator.
8. Who conceded territory to Hitler?
9. How old was Morrow's daughter when Lindbergh met her?
10. What was the title of Lindbergh's autobiography?
(a) 'My Time in Hiding'.
(b) 'Mistakes I've Made'.
(c) 'The Spirit of St. Louis'.
11. How did Violet Sharpe avoid interrogation?
(a) She pled the fifth.
(b) She went insane.
(c) She fled the country.
(d) She killed herself.
12. Why had Lindbergh flown to meet Morrow?
(a) To propose a new airport in his district.
(b) To look for funding for a new air race.
(c) To improve U.S.-Mexico relations.
(d) To talk about plans to build new airplanes.
13. What does Denenberg say Roosevelt thought about Lindbergh?
(a) He thought he was a traitor.
(b) He thought he was smart, and probably right.
(c) He thought he was a Nazi.
(d) He thought he was a spy.
14. What position did Lindbergh articulate as spokesman for the America First Committee?
15. What does Denenberg say Charles and Anne Morrow Lindbergh tried to do between the kidnapping the Hauptmann's execution?
(a) Make kidnapping a federal crime.
(b) Conceive another child.
(c) Live normal lives.
(d) Write about their ordeal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lindbergh embark on in late summer 1927?
2. What was Lindbergh's stance on Roosevelt's action?
3. What did people question after Lindbergh's 1941 speech in Des Moines?
4. What did Lindbergh die of?
5. Who was Dwight Morrow?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)