|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Roosevelt's solution to the controversy?
(a) To create a new regulatory body overseeing air mail.
(b) To make air mail a federal service.
(c) To privatize air mail.
(d) To investigate the corruption.
2. How successful was Lindbergh at keeping to his strict schedule?
(a) He made every stop on time.
(b) He got days behind almost from the start.
(c) He was routinely a few hours behind schedule.
(d) He was only late at one stop, and only because of fog.
3. Where did this journey take Lindbergh?
(a) To all 48 states.
(b) To Mexico and Canada.
(c) To every European country.
(d) To a new level of wealth and power.
4. What was Lindbergh given by Goering?
(b) An airplane.
(c) A medal.
(d) A commission.
5. What was Lindbergh working to complete in July 1927?
(a) Proposals for new prizes for long distance flights.
(b) An account of his trip.
(c) Repairs to The Spirit of St. Louis.
(d) Plans for a trip to China.
6. How did investigators finally find the kidnapper?
(a) By using fingerprints.
(b) By tracing gold certificates.
(c) By dumb luck.
(d) By handwriting analysis.
7. How old was Morrow's daughter when Lindbergh met her?
8. Where did the Lindberghs live after the war?
(a) Darien, CT.
(c) Boulder, CO.
(d) Hopewell, NJ.
9. What did people question after Lindbergh's 1941 speech in Des Moines?
(a) His honesty.
(b) His sanity.
(c) His accuracy.
(d) His patriotism.
10. What position did Lindbergh articulate as spokesman for the America First Committee?
11. When was Lindbergh asked to visit Germany?
12. What was the Lindberghs' second child's name?
13. Who was Graveyard John?
(a) An IRS officer who tracked the kidnappers.
(b) The kidnapper.
(c) A man who claimed falsely to be the kidnapper.
(d) A mobster who acted as go-between for the Lindberghs.
14. What was the title of Lindbergh's autobiography?
(a) 'Mistakes I've Made'.
(b) 'My Time in Hiding'.
(c) 'The Spirit of St. Louis'.
15. Who was Dr. Carrell?
(a) A politician.
(b) A heart surgeon.
(c) An aviation advocate.
(d) An private investigator.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened a month after Lindbergh's award?
2. What was Anne Lindbergh's position on her husband's views?
3. What was Lindbergh's relation with Pan Am?
4. Who was the controversy centered around?
5. What was Lindbergh's advice to England and America?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)