|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Lindbergh's estimation of Hitler?
(a) He was wary of him.
(b) He was impressed by him.
(c) He was afraid of him.
(d) He was critical of him.
2. How was Anne Morrow Lindbergh's "A Gift from the Sea" received?
(a) It was not critically acclaimed.
(b) It received the Pulitzer Prize.
(c) It was praised by the President.
(d) It was a bestseller.
3. How much did the Lindberghs give Graveyard John?
4. Who backed Lindbergh financially?
(a) President Coolidge.
(b) Harry Guggenheim.
(c) Harry Knight.
(d) Erold Bahl.
5. What prize did Lindbergh's autobiography win?
(a) The National Book Critics Circle Award.
(b) The Nobel Prize for Literature.
(c) The Pulitzer Prize.
(d) The Congressional Medal of Honor.
6. What stance did Lindbergh take with his earlier support of the Nazis?
(a) He apologized publicly on numerous occasions.
(b) He never renounced his support.
(c) He avoided all mention, but never supported them again.
(d) He attacked anyone who accused him of having made statements sympathetic of the Nazis.
7. When was Lindbergh's autobiography published?
8. How does Denenberg characterize Hauptmann's defense?
9. Where did Charles and Anne Morrow Lindbergh depart for, soon after the birth of their second son?
(c) South America.
10. What strategy did Charles and Anne Morrow Lindbergh adopt for going out in public?
(b) False press schedules.
11. What did Lindbergh die of?
(a) Lymphatic cancer.
(b) Brain tumor.
(c) Plane crash.
(d) Old age.
12. What was Lindbergh's relation with Pan Am?
13. Where did the Lindberghs NOT have residences?
(b) The Adirondacks.
(d) New Jersey.
14. What did Lindbergh advocate in 1939?
15. Who conceded territory to Hitler?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Morrow's daughter when Lindbergh met her?
2. Who was Dr. Carrell?
3. Who did the Lindberghs visit in 1937 and 1938?
4. Where were Lindbergh and Anne Morrow married?
5. Why did Lindbergh keep to a strict timetable?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)