|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Lindbergh's stance on Roosevelt's action?
(a) He criticized it in a public telegram.
(b) He sought to evade it by exploiting a loophole.
(c) He supported it in public letters.
(d) He sought to annul it in court.
2. Where did the Lindberghs move to?
3. What cause did Lindbergh take up later in life?
(a) Airline regulation.
(c) Military development.
(d) Nuclear power.
4. What was the result of the controversy?
(a) Air mail became a federal service.
(b) Air mail contracts were bid on first.
(c) Air mail was regulated.
(d) Air mail remained privatized.
5. What does Denenberg say Charles and Anne Morrow Lindbergh tried to do between the kidnapping the Hauptmann's execution?
(a) Conceive another child.
(b) Make kidnapping a federal crime.
(c) Live normal lives.
(d) Write about their ordeal.
6. What had the kidnapper used to get into the house?
(a) A letter.
(b) An unlocked door.
(c) A ladder.
(d) A skeleton key.
7. When did Lindbergh's view become a minority view?
8. What did Lindbergh die of?
(a) Plane crash.
(b) Brain tumor.
(c) Lymphatic cancer.
(d) Old age.
9. How does Denenberg characterize the investigation of the Lindberghs' baby?
(a) A bungled mess.
(b) Highly scientific.
(d) Forensically advanced.
10. What was the title of Lindbergh's autobiography?
(a) 'My Time in Hiding'.
(c) 'The Spirit of St. Louis'.
(d) 'Mistakes I've Made'.
11. What did people question after Lindbergh's 1941 speech in Des Moines?
(a) His sanity.
(b) His accuracy.
(c) His honesty.
(d) His patriotism.
12. Who conceded territory to Hitler?
13. What was Lindbergh's estimation of Germany's air strength?
(a) He described it as weak.
(b) He identified weaknesses in their air force.
(c) He thought them invincible.
(d) He identified its strategic limitations.
14. What prize did Lindbergh's autobiography win?
(a) The Pulitzer Prize.
(b) The Nobel Prize for Literature.
(c) The Congressional Medal of Honor.
(d) The National Book Critics Circle Award.
15. What position did Lindbergh articulate as spokesman for the America First Committee?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the Lindberghs NOT have residences?
2. What did the media call the Lindberghs' estate in Hopewell?
3. What stance did Lindbergh take with his earlier support of the Nazis?
4. How did investigators finally find the kidnapper?
5. What was Anne Lindbergh's position on her husband's views?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)