|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What effort did Lindbergh contribute to the war effort?
(a) He was a spokesman for the government.
(b) He advocated engagement and containment.
(c) He raised money for the U.S. war bonds.
(d) He was a consultant to Henry Ford's factories.
2. What was the subject of the controversy Lindbergh was embroiled in in 1934?
(a) Corruption in the air mail organization.
(b) Air mail contracts.
(c) Air mail efficiency.
(d) Deaths in air mail pilots.
3. How successful was Lindbergh at keeping to his strict schedule?
(a) He was only late at one stop, and only because of fog.
(b) He made every stop on time.
(c) He was routinely a few hours behind schedule.
(d) He got days behind almost from the start.
4. What was Lindbergh's relation with Pan Am?
5. Who backed Lindbergh financially?
(a) President Coolidge.
(b) Harry Knight.
(c) Harry Guggenheim.
(d) Erold Bahl.
6. Who was Dwight Morrow?
(a) U.S. Ambassador to Mexico.
(b) A pilot.
(c) An aviation advocate.
(d) A Senator from Wisconsin.
7. What had the kidnapper used to get into the house?
(a) An unlocked door.
(b) A letter.
(c) A skeleton key.
(d) A ladder.
8. Where were Lindbergh and Anne Morrow married?
(a) In an airplane.
(b) In Washington D.C.
(c) In City Hall in New York.
(d) At the Morrow Estate.
9. What was Lindbergh's estimation of Nazi Germany?
(a) A necessary evil.
(b) An invincible military force.
(c) A force for progress.
(d) A threat to civilization.
10. What did Lindbergh do after World War II?
(a) Consult for airline companies.
(b) Travel extensively.
(c) Rebuilt European industries.
(d) Work in Germany.
11. Where did this journey take Lindbergh?
(a) To a new level of wealth and power.
(b) To Mexico and Canada.
(c) To every European country.
(d) To all 48 states.
12. What position did Lindbergh articulate as spokesman for the America First Committee?
13. Who starred in the movie version of Lindbergh's transatlantic flight?
(a) James Cagney.
(b) James Dean.
(c) Jimmy Stewart.
(d) Humphrey Bogart.
14. What was Lindbergh's stance on Roosevelt's action?
(a) He sought to evade it by exploiting a loophole.
(b) He sought to annul it in court.
(c) He criticized it in a public telegram.
(d) He supported it in public letters.
15. Who was the controversy centered around?
(b) An air mail company's president.
(c) The President.
(d) The Postmaster General.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Lindbergh shock people in 1941?
2. How did Violet Sharpe avoid interrogation?
3. Who did the Lindberghs visit in 1937 and 1938?
4. What did Anne Morrow Lindbergh propose in 'Wave of the Future'?
5. What was the Lindberghs' second child's name?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)