|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Schwarzkopf's background?
2. How did Lindbergh shock people in 1941?
(a) By blaming the Jews for dragging America into the war.
(b) By embracing Hitler.
(c) By advocating further appeasement.
(d) By attacking the President for his isolationism.
3. How does Denenberg characterize the investigation of the Lindberghs' baby?
(b) Highly scientific.
(c) Forensically advanced.
(d) A bungled mess.
4. What did the media call the Lindberghs' estate in Hopewell?
(a) The Flyers' Rest.
(b) The Old Wings Home.
(c) The Estate.
(d) The Eagle's Nest.
5. Who starred in the movie version of Lindbergh's transatlantic flight?
(a) James Cagney.
(b) James Dean.
(c) Humphrey Bogart.
(d) Jimmy Stewart.
6. What strategy did Charles and Anne Morrow Lindbergh adopt for going out in public?
(b) False press schedules.
7. What was the result of the controversy?
(a) Air mail became a federal service.
(b) Air mail remained privatized.
(c) Air mail contracts were bid on first.
(d) Air mail was regulated.
8. What was the title of Lindbergh's autobiography?
(b) 'The Spirit of St. Louis'.
(c) 'My Time in Hiding'.
(d) 'Mistakes I've Made'.
9. How much did the Lindberghs give Graveyard John?
10. Where were Lindbergh and Anne Morrow married?
(a) In an airplane.
(b) In Washington D.C.
(c) In City Hall in New York.
(d) At the Morrow Estate.
11. What did Lindbergh die of?
(a) Old age.
(b) Plane crash.
(c) Brain tumor.
(d) Lymphatic cancer.
12. Where did Charles and Anne Morrow Lindbergh depart for, soon after the birth of their second son?
(b) South America.
13. What was Lindbergh's estimation of Nazi Germany?
(a) A force for progress.
(b) A threat to civilization.
(c) An invincible military force.
(d) A necessary evil.
14. How was Anne Morrow Lindbergh's "A Gift from the Sea" received?
(a) It was not critically acclaimed.
(b) It received the Pulitzer Prize.
(c) It was a bestseller.
(d) It was praised by the President.
15. What was Lindbergh working to complete in July 1927?
(a) Plans for a trip to China.
(b) Proposals for new prizes for long distance flights.
(c) Repairs to The Spirit of St. Louis.
(d) An account of his trip.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Lindbergh's view become a minority view?
2. What did Lindbergh do after World War II?
3. What was Lindbergh's estimation of Germany's air strength?
4. How did investigators finally find the kidnapper?
5. What was Anne Lindbergh's position on her husband's views?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)