|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the Lindberghs live after the war?
(a) Darien, CT.
(c) Boulder, CO.
(d) Hopewell, NJ.
2. What cause did Lindbergh take up later in life?
(a) Airline regulation.
(b) Military development.
(d) Nuclear power.
3. How does Denenberg characterize the investigation of the Lindberghs' baby?
(a) Forensically advanced.
(b) A bungled mess.
(c) Highly scientific.
4. When was Lindbergh's autobiography published?
5. What was Lindbergh working to complete in July 1927?
(a) Plans for a trip to China.
(b) Repairs to The Spirit of St. Louis.
(c) An account of his trip.
(d) Proposals for new prizes for long distance flights.
6. Where did this journey take Lindbergh?
(a) To all 48 states.
(b) To Mexico and Canada.
(c) To a new level of wealth and power.
(d) To every European country.
7. What does Denenberg say Charles and Anne Morrow Lindbergh tried to do between the kidnapping the Hauptmann's execution?
(a) Write about their ordeal.
(b) Live normal lives.
(c) Conceive another child.
(d) Make kidnapping a federal crime.
8. What was the subject of the controversy Lindbergh was embroiled in in 1934?
(a) Air mail efficiency.
(b) Deaths in air mail pilots.
(c) Air mail contracts.
(d) Corruption in the air mail organization.
9. What was Anne Lindbergh's position on her husband's views?
(a) She blamed the bankers in addition to the Jews.
(b) She stood by them.
(c) She said he was not isolationist enough.
(d) She apologized for them.
10. How old was Morrow's daughter when Lindbergh met her?
11. How much did the Lindberghs give Graveyard John?
12. What was the title of Lindbergh's autobiography?
(a) 'The Spirit of St. Louis'.
(b) 'My Time in Hiding'.
(c) 'Mistakes I've Made'.
13. What was Lindbergh's stance on Roosevelt's action?
(a) He criticized it in a public telegram.
(b) He supported it in public letters.
(c) He sought to evade it by exploiting a loophole.
(d) He sought to annul it in court.
14. What position did Lindbergh articulate as spokesman for the America First Committee?
15. What was Lindbergh's advice to England and America?
(a) To sanction Germany until it demilitarized.
(b) Not to engage German planes.
(c) To attack weaknesses in Germany's air defense.
(d) To crush Germany's air force before it got too powerful.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the controversy centered around?
2. How was Anne Morrow Lindbergh's "A Gift from the Sea" received?
3. What did Anne Morrow Lindbergh propose in 'Wave of the Future'?
4. Where did the Lindberghs NOT have residences?
5. What did people question after Lindbergh's 1941 speech in Des Moines?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)