|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Denenberg say Charles and Anne Morrow Lindbergh tried to do between the kidnapping the Hauptmann's execution?
(a) Live normal lives.
(b) Make kidnapping a federal crime.
(c) Write about their ordeal.
(d) Conceive another child.
2. When was Lindbergh's autobiography published?
3. Who was Dr. Carrell?
(a) An aviation advocate.
(b) A politician.
(c) A heart surgeon.
(d) An private investigator.
4. What position did Lindbergh articulate as spokesman for the America First Committee?
5. What was Lindbergh's estimation of Germany's air strength?
(a) He identified weaknesses in their air force.
(b) He thought them invincible.
(c) He described it as weak.
(d) He identified its strategic limitations.
6. What was the subject of the controversy Lindbergh was embroiled in in 1934?
(a) Air mail contracts.
(b) Air mail efficiency.
(c) Deaths in air mail pilots.
(d) Corruption in the air mail organization.
7. Who was Dwight Morrow?
(a) A Senator from Wisconsin.
(b) U.S. Ambassador to Mexico.
(c) A pilot.
(d) An aviation advocate.
8. What does Denenberg say Roosevelt thought about Lindbergh?
(a) He thought he was a traitor.
(b) He thought he was a Nazi.
(c) He thought he was smart, and probably right.
(d) He thought he was a spy.
9. How does Denenberg characterize Hauptmann's defense?
10. When was Lindbergh asked to visit Germany?
11. When was the Lindberghs' son kidnapped?
12. How does Denenberg characterize the investigation of the Lindberghs' baby?
(b) Highly scientific.
(c) Forensically advanced.
(d) A bungled mess.
13. How was Anne Morrow Lindbergh's "A Gift from the Sea" received?
(a) It received the Pulitzer Prize.
(b) It was praised by the President.
(c) It was not critically acclaimed.
(d) It was a bestseller.
14. What was Lindbergh's stance on Roosevelt's action?
(a) He criticized it in a public telegram.
(b) He sought to evade it by exploiting a loophole.
(c) He sought to annul it in court.
(d) He supported it in public letters.
15. What was Schwarzkopf's background?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lindbergh do after World War II?
2. What did Anne Morrow Lindbergh propose in 'Wave of the Future'?
3. What had changed in Germany's military?
4. How old was Morrow's daughter when Lindbergh met her?
5. Where did Charles and Anne Morrow Lindbergh depart for, soon after the birth of their second son?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)