|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much did the Lindberghs give Graveyard John?
2. What impression did Goering give Lindbergh of the Luftwaffe?
(a) He overstated its strengths.
(b) He accentuated its technical accomplishments.
(c) He made it seem less advanced than it was.
(d) He downplayed its power.
3. What stance did Lindbergh take with his earlier support of the Nazis?
(a) He never renounced his support.
(b) He avoided all mention, but never supported them again.
(c) He attacked anyone who accused him of having made statements sympathetic of the Nazis.
(d) He apologized publicly on numerous occasions.
4. Who was Dr. Carrell?
(a) An private investigator.
(b) A politician.
(c) An aviation advocate.
(d) A heart surgeon.
5. What did Roosevelt offer Lindbergh?
(a) Imprisonment, if he kept speaking in favor of Nazi Germany.
(b) An advisory position in the U.S. military.
(c) A cabinet post.
(d) Unmolested exile from the U.S.
6. What did Anne Morrow Lindbergh propose in 'Wave of the Future'?
(a) That Nazis be exterminated.
(b) That Nazis be supported.
(c) That the Nazis not be fought.
(d) That Nazis be contained.
7. What effort did Lindbergh contribute to the war effort?
(a) He was a consultant to Henry Ford's factories.
(b) He advocated engagement and containment.
(c) He raised money for the U.S. war bonds.
(d) He was a spokesman for the government.
8. Why did Lindbergh keep to a strict timetable?
(a) To return to Washington D.C. for a ceremony.
(b) To start a new project together.
(c) To show that aviation could be reliable.
(d) To finish the tour as quickly as possible.
9. What did the media call the Lindberghs' estate in Hopewell?
(a) The Estate.
(b) The Flyers' Rest.
(c) The Eagle's Nest.
(d) The Old Wings Home.
10. What had changed in Germany's military?
(a) Hitler had let it languish.
(b) The Depression had starved it of cash.
(c) Sanctions had weakened it.
(d) Hitler had remilitarized.
11. What position did Lindbergh articulate as spokesman for the America First Committee?
12. When was the Lindberghs' son kidnapped?
13. What cause did Lindbergh take up later in life?
(b) Nuclear power.
(c) Military development.
(d) Airline regulation.
14. What influence had Lindbergh had on the practice of appeasement?
(a) His estimation of German air strength had led British leaders to make strategic concessions for tactical reasons.
(b) His reports had made Hitler seem beneficial to the territories in question.
(c) He had been critical of attempts to contain Nazism.
(d) His estimation of German air strength had made appeasement seem the best strategy.
15. What was the Lindberghs' second child's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lindbergh think was the best way to handle the investigation?
2. What does Denenberg say Roosevelt thought about Lindbergh?
3. How does Denenberg characterize Hauptmann's defense?
4. Who was Dwight Morrow?
5. What changed Lindbergh's view to a minority position?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)