|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Denenberg characterize the investigation of the Lindberghs' baby?
(b) Forensically advanced.
(c) Highly scientific.
(d) A bungled mess.
2. What was Lindbergh's advice to England and America?
(a) Not to engage German planes.
(b) To crush Germany's air force before it got too powerful.
(c) To attack weaknesses in Germany's air defense.
(d) To sanction Germany until it demilitarized.
3. Who starred in the movie version of Lindbergh's transatlantic flight?
(a) James Cagney.
(b) Humphrey Bogart.
(c) James Dean.
(d) Jimmy Stewart.
4. What was the subject of the controversy Lindbergh was embroiled in in 1934?
(a) Deaths in air mail pilots.
(b) Corruption in the air mail organization.
(c) Air mail efficiency.
(d) Air mail contracts.
5. What had the kidnapper used to get into the house?
(a) A ladder.
(b) A skeleton key.
(c) An unlocked door.
(d) A letter.
6. Who was the controversy centered around?
(a) An air mail company's president.
(b) The President.
(c) The Postmaster General.
7. What was Roosevelt's solution to the controversy?
(a) To make air mail a federal service.
(b) To privatize air mail.
(c) To create a new regulatory body overseeing air mail.
(d) To investigate the corruption.
8. How did Lindbergh shock people in 1941?
(a) By advocating further appeasement.
(b) By blaming the Jews for dragging America into the war.
(c) By attacking the President for his isolationism.
(d) By embracing Hitler.
9. Who did Lindbergh and Schwarzkopf suspect of the kidnapping?
(a) John Condon.
(b) Al Capone.
(c) The media.
(d) Mickey Rosner.
10. What position did Lindbergh articulate as spokesman for the America First Committee?
11. What was Anne Lindbergh's position on her husband's views?
(a) She blamed the bankers in addition to the Jews.
(b) She apologized for them.
(c) She stood by them.
(d) She said he was not isolationist enough.
12. Where did the Lindberghs NOT have residences?
(a) The Adirondacks.
(b) New Jersey.
13. What did Lindbergh embark on in late summer 1927?
(a) A trip to South America.
(b) A tour to promote aviation.
(c) A trip to China.
(d) A new aviation company.
14. Why had Lindbergh flown to meet Morrow?
(a) To improve U.S.-Mexico relations.
(b) To look for funding for a new air race.
(c) To talk about plans to build new airplanes.
(d) To propose a new airport in his district.
15. How does Denenberg characterize Hauptmann's defense?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the result of the controversy?
2. What did Lindbergh do to allow himself to speak openly about politics?
3. What prize did Lindbergh's autobiography win?
4. What was the title of Lindbergh's autobiography?
5. Where did the Lindberghs live after the war?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)