|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Anne Lindbergh's position on her husband's views?
(a) She stood by them.
(b) She blamed the bankers in addition to the Jews.
(c) She apologized for them.
(d) She said he was not isolationist enough.
2. What was Lindbergh's estimation of Hitler?
(a) He was wary of him.
(b) He was afraid of him.
(c) He was impressed by him.
(d) He was critical of him.
3. Who conceded territory to Hitler?
4. How old was Morrow's daughter when Lindbergh met her?
5. How does Denenberg characterize Hauptmann's defense?
6. How did Violet Sharpe avoid interrogation?
(a) She killed herself.
(b) She fled the country.
(c) She went insane.
(d) She pled the fifth.
7. Where were Lindbergh and Anne Morrow married?
(a) In City Hall in New York.
(b) At the Morrow Estate.
(c) In Washington D.C.
(d) In an airplane.
8. Who was Dwight Morrow?
(a) A pilot.
(b) A Senator from Wisconsin.
(c) An aviation advocate.
(d) U.S. Ambassador to Mexico.
9. Who did the Lindberghs visit in 1937 and 1938?
(a) German diplomats.
(b) Jewish leaders.
(c) High-ranking Nazis.
(d) German refugees.
10. What did Lindbergh advocate in 1939?
11. How was Anne Morrow Lindbergh's "A Gift from the Sea" received?
(a) It was praised by the President.
(b) It received the Pulitzer Prize.
(c) It was not critically acclaimed.
(d) It was a bestseller.
12. When was Lindbergh's autobiography published?
13. Who was Graveyard John?
(a) A mobster who acted as go-between for the Lindberghs.
(b) The kidnapper.
(c) An IRS officer who tracked the kidnappers.
(d) A man who claimed falsely to be the kidnapper.
14. What was the result of the controversy?
(a) Air mail remained privatized.
(b) Air mail was regulated.
(c) Air mail became a federal service.
(d) Air mail contracts were bid on first.
15. What stance did Lindbergh take with his earlier support of the Nazis?
(a) He avoided all mention, but never supported them again.
(b) He attacked anyone who accused him of having made statements sympathetic of the Nazis.
(c) He never renounced his support.
(d) He apologized publicly on numerous occasions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Lindbergh's estimation of Germany's air strength?
2. What was the subject of the controversy Lindbergh was embroiled in in 1934?
3. Who was Colonel Schwarzkopf?
4. How does Denenberg characterize the investigation of the Lindberghs' baby?
5. What was Roosevelt's solution to the controversy?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)