|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did people question after Lindbergh's 1941 speech in Des Moines?
(a) His accuracy.
(b) His sanity.
(c) His patriotism.
(d) His honesty.
2. What was Lindbergh's relation with the media after World War II?
(a) He was largely left alone.
(b) He was continually hounded.
(c) He was vilified.
(d) He was lionized.
3. How successful was Lindbergh at keeping to his strict schedule?
(a) He got days behind almost from the start.
(b) He was routinely a few hours behind schedule.
(c) He made every stop on time.
(d) He was only late at one stop, and only because of fog.
4. What effort did Lindbergh contribute to the war effort?
(a) He was a spokesman for the government.
(b) He advocated engagement and containment.
(c) He raised money for the U.S. war bonds.
(d) He was a consultant to Henry Ford's factories.
5. What did the media call the Lindberghs' estate in Hopewell?
(a) The Eagle's Nest.
(b) The Estate.
(c) The Flyers' Rest.
(d) The Old Wings Home.
6. What was Lindbergh's estimation of Germany's air strength?
(a) He identified its strategic limitations.
(b) He thought them invincible.
(c) He described it as weak.
(d) He identified weaknesses in their air force.
7. Who was Graveyard John?
(a) A man who claimed falsely to be the kidnapper.
(b) A mobster who acted as go-between for the Lindberghs.
(c) The kidnapper.
(d) An IRS officer who tracked the kidnappers.
8. Who was Dr. Carrell?
(a) A politician.
(b) An private investigator.
(c) A heart surgeon.
(d) An aviation advocate.
9. How much did the Lindberghs give Graveyard John?
10. Why had Lindbergh flown to meet Morrow?
(a) To look for funding for a new air race.
(b) To talk about plans to build new airplanes.
(c) To improve U.S.-Mexico relations.
(d) To propose a new airport in his district.
11. How does Denenberg characterize the investigation of the Lindberghs' baby?
(a) A bungled mess.
(b) Highly scientific.
(d) Forensically advanced.
12. What prize did Lindbergh's autobiography win?
(a) The Pulitzer Prize.
(b) The Congressional Medal of Honor.
(c) The National Book Critics Circle Award.
(d) The Nobel Prize for Literature.
13. What was the title of Lindbergh's autobiography?
(a) 'The Spirit of St. Louis'.
(c) 'Mistakes I've Made'.
(d) 'My Time in Hiding'.
14. Why did Lindbergh keep to a strict timetable?
(a) To finish the tour as quickly as possible.
(b) To show that aviation could be reliable.
(c) To return to Washington D.C. for a ceremony.
(d) To start a new project together.
15. What did Roosevelt offer Lindbergh?
(a) Unmolested exile from the U.S.
(b) An advisory position in the U.S. military.
(c) A cabinet post.
(d) Imprisonment, if he kept speaking in favor of Nazi Germany.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Lindbergh's autobiography published?
2. Where were Lindbergh and Anne Morrow married?
3. How does Denenberg characterize Hauptmann's defense?
4. How did Violet Sharpe avoid interrogation?
5. How was Anne Morrow Lindbergh's "A Gift from the Sea" received?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)