|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Denenberg say Roosevelt thought about Lindbergh?
(a) He thought he was a spy.
(b) He thought he was a Nazi.
(c) He thought he was a traitor.
(d) He thought he was smart, and probably right.
2. What did Anne Morrow Lindbergh propose in 'Wave of the Future'?
(a) That Nazis be contained.
(b) That Nazis be exterminated.
(c) That Nazis be supported.
(d) That the Nazis not be fought.
3. Where did the Lindberghs NOT have residences?
(a) New Jersey.
(c) The Adirondacks.
4. Why did Lindbergh keep to a strict timetable?
(a) To finish the tour as quickly as possible.
(b) To show that aviation could be reliable.
(c) To return to Washington D.C. for a ceremony.
(d) To start a new project together.
5. When was Lindbergh's autobiography published?
6. When did Lindbergh's view become a minority view?
7. What was Lindbergh's relation with the media after World War II?
(a) He was continually hounded.
(b) He was lionized.
(c) He was largely left alone.
(d) He was vilified.
8. What was Lindbergh given by Goering?
(a) An airplane.
(b) A commission.
(d) A medal.
9. What was Lindbergh's stance on Roosevelt's action?
(a) He criticized it in a public telegram.
(b) He sought to evade it by exploiting a loophole.
(c) He supported it in public letters.
(d) He sought to annul it in court.
10. What was Lindbergh's estimation of Nazi Germany?
(a) A necessary evil.
(b) A force for progress.
(c) A threat to civilization.
(d) An invincible military force.
11. Who was Dr. Carrell?
(a) An private investigator.
(b) A politician.
(c) An aviation advocate.
(d) A heart surgeon.
12. What strategy did Charles and Anne Morrow Lindbergh adopt for going out in public?
(d) False press schedules.
13. What influence had Lindbergh had on the practice of appeasement?
(a) His estimation of German air strength had led British leaders to make strategic concessions for tactical reasons.
(b) He had been critical of attempts to contain Nazism.
(c) His reports had made Hitler seem beneficial to the territories in question.
(d) His estimation of German air strength had made appeasement seem the best strategy.
14. How does Denenberg characterize Hauptmann's defense?
15. How was Anne Morrow Lindbergh's "A Gift from the Sea" received?
(a) It received the Pulitzer Prize.
(b) It was praised by the President.
(c) It was not critically acclaimed.
(d) It was a bestseller.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the Lindberghs' son kidnapped?
2. What did Roosevelt offer Lindbergh?
3. What was Lindbergh's relation with Pan Am?
4. How did Lindbergh shock people in 1941?
5. What position did Lindbergh articulate as spokesman for the America First Committee?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)