|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened a month after Lindbergh's award?
(a) The invasion of Poland.
(b) The invasion of France.
(d) The invasion of Belgium.
2. What did Anne Morrow Lindbergh propose in 'Wave of the Future'?
(a) That Nazis be contained.
(b) That Nazis be exterminated.
(c) That Nazis be supported.
(d) That the Nazis not be fought.
3. What was Lindbergh's advice to England and America?
(a) To crush Germany's air force before it got too powerful.
(b) Not to engage German planes.
(c) To sanction Germany until it demilitarized.
(d) To attack weaknesses in Germany's air defense.
4. Who conceded territory to Hitler?
5. Where did this journey take Lindbergh?
(a) To all 48 states.
(b) To every European country.
(c) To Mexico and Canada.
(d) To a new level of wealth and power.
6. Who was the controversy centered around?
(b) The President.
(c) An air mail company's president.
(d) The Postmaster General.
7. What were the Lindberghs criticized for, by making this trip?
(a) Abandoning their son.
8. Where did the Lindberghs live after the war?
(b) Darien, CT.
(c) Hopewell, NJ.
(d) Boulder, CO.
9. What was the subject of the controversy Lindbergh was embroiled in in 1934?
(a) Deaths in air mail pilots.
(b) Air mail contracts.
(c) Air mail efficiency.
(d) Corruption in the air mail organization.
10. What changed Lindbergh's view to a minority position?
(a) The failure of Hitler's air force.
(b) The Royal Air Force's success against the Luftwaffe.
(c) The publication of Hitler's atrocities.
(d) The suffering of the French.
11. What strategy did Charles and Anne Morrow Lindbergh adopt for going out in public?
(c) False press schedules.
12. How successful was Lindbergh at keeping to his strict schedule?
(a) He was only late at one stop, and only because of fog.
(b) He got days behind almost from the start.
(c) He made every stop on time.
(d) He was routinely a few hours behind schedule.
13. Where were Lindbergh and Anne Morrow married?
(a) In Washington D.C.
(b) In City Hall in New York.
(c) At the Morrow Estate.
(d) In an airplane.
14. Who did Lindbergh and Schwarzkopf suspect of the kidnapping?
(a) John Condon.
(b) Mickey Rosner.
(c) Al Capone.
(d) The media.
15. What does Denenberg say Charles and Anne Morrow Lindbergh tried to do between the kidnapping the Hauptmann's execution?
(a) Make kidnapping a federal crime.
(b) Write about their ordeal.
(c) Conceive another child.
(d) Live normal lives.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did people question after Lindbergh's 1941 speech in Des Moines?
2. What position did Lindbergh articulate as spokesman for the America First Committee?
3. What effort did Lindbergh contribute to the war effort?
4. What impression did Goering give Lindbergh of the Luftwaffe?
5. What had changed in Germany's military?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)