|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Schwarzkopf's background?
2. What did Lindbergh advocate in 1939?
3. What did Lindbergh die of?
(a) Brain tumor.
(b) Plane crash.
(c) Lymphatic cancer.
(d) Old age.
4. How does Denenberg characterize Hauptmann's defense?
5. Who was Colonel Schwarzkopf?
(a) A New Jersey investigator.
(b) The head of the New Jersey Police.
(c) An FBI agent.
(d) The kidnapper.
6. Where did the Lindberghs NOT have residences?
(c) The Adirondacks.
(d) New Jersey.
7. Who was Dr. Carrell?
(a) An private investigator.
(b) A heart surgeon.
(c) An aviation advocate.
(d) A politician.
8. What did Lindbergh do to allow himself to speak openly about politics?
(a) Return his medal to Germany.
(b) Resign his post at Pan Am.
(c) Enter the military.
(d) Resign his military commission.
9. Who was the controversy centered around?
(a) The Postmaster General.
(b) An air mail company's president.
(d) The President.
10. Who did the Lindberghs visit in 1937 and 1938?
(a) German diplomats.
(b) High-ranking Nazis.
(c) Jewish leaders.
(d) German refugees.
11. Where did the Lindberghs move to?
12. How did investigators finally find the kidnapper?
(a) By tracing gold certificates.
(b) By handwriting analysis.
(c) By using fingerprints.
(d) By dumb luck.
13. What was Lindbergh's relation with Pan Am?
14. Where did this journey take Lindbergh?
(a) To every European country.
(b) To Mexico and Canada.
(c) To a new level of wealth and power.
(d) To all 48 states.
15. How successful was Lindbergh at keeping to his strict schedule?
(a) He was only late at one stop, and only because of fog.
(b) He was routinely a few hours behind schedule.
(c) He got days behind almost from the start.
(d) He made every stop on time.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Lindbergh asked to visit Germany?
2. When did Lindbergh's view become a minority view?
3. What did Anne Morrow Lindbergh propose in 'Wave of the Future'?
4. What did the media call the Lindberghs' estate in Hopewell?
5. What effort did Lindbergh contribute to the war effort?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)