|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the Lindberghs' son kidnapped?
2. What strategy did Charles and Anne Morrow Lindbergh adopt for going out in public?
(a) False press schedules.
3. What cause did Lindbergh take up later in life?
(a) Military development.
(c) Nuclear power.
(d) Airline regulation.
4. When was Lindbergh asked to visit Germany?
5. Who starred in the movie version of Lindbergh's transatlantic flight?
(a) James Cagney.
(b) Jimmy Stewart.
(c) James Dean.
(d) Humphrey Bogart.
6. Who was Graveyard John?
(a) A man who claimed falsely to be the kidnapper.
(b) A mobster who acted as go-between for the Lindberghs.
(c) An IRS officer who tracked the kidnappers.
(d) The kidnapper.
7. What was Lindbergh's estimation of Germany's air strength?
(a) He identified its strategic limitations.
(b) He thought them invincible.
(c) He described it as weak.
(d) He identified weaknesses in their air force.
8. What was Lindbergh's advice to England and America?
(a) To crush Germany's air force before it got too powerful.
(b) Not to engage German planes.
(c) To sanction Germany until it demilitarized.
(d) To attack weaknesses in Germany's air defense.
9. Where did this journey take Lindbergh?
(a) To every European country.
(b) To Mexico and Canada.
(c) To a new level of wealth and power.
(d) To all 48 states.
10. Who was Dwight Morrow?
(a) U.S. Ambassador to Mexico.
(b) An aviation advocate.
(c) A pilot.
(d) A Senator from Wisconsin.
11. How does Denenberg characterize Hauptmann's defense?
12. Who backed Lindbergh financially?
(a) Erold Bahl.
(b) Harry Guggenheim.
(c) President Coolidge.
(d) Harry Knight.
13. Who conceded territory to Hitler?
14. What does Denenberg say Roosevelt thought about Lindbergh?
(a) He thought he was smart, and probably right.
(b) He thought he was a spy.
(c) He thought he was a Nazi.
(d) He thought he was a traitor.
15. Where did the Lindberghs NOT have residences?
(a) The Adirondacks.
(c) New Jersey.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the Lindberghs live after the war?
2. What was Lindbergh's estimation of Nazi Germany?
3. What was Lindbergh's estimation of Hitler?
4. Who was Colonel Schwarzkopf?
5. When did Lindbergh's view become a minority view?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)