|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Dwight Morrow?
(a) U.S. Ambassador to Mexico.
(b) An aviation advocate.
(c) A Senator from Wisconsin.
(d) A pilot.
2. What was Lindbergh's stance on Roosevelt's action?
(a) He criticized it in a public telegram.
(b) He sought to evade it by exploiting a loophole.
(c) He supported it in public letters.
(d) He sought to annul it in court.
3. When was the Lindberghs' son kidnapped?
4. What did Lindbergh do to allow himself to speak openly about politics?
(a) Enter the military.
(b) Resign his post at Pan Am.
(c) Resign his military commission.
(d) Return his medal to Germany.
5. How old was Morrow's daughter when Lindbergh met her?
6. What was Lindbergh's advice to England and America?
(a) To attack weaknesses in Germany's air defense.
(b) Not to engage German planes.
(c) To crush Germany's air force before it got too powerful.
(d) To sanction Germany until it demilitarized.
7. Where were Lindbergh and Anne Morrow married?
(a) In an airplane.
(b) In Washington D.C.
(c) At the Morrow Estate.
(d) In City Hall in New York.
8. What did Lindbergh die of?
(a) Lymphatic cancer.
(b) Old age.
(c) Brain tumor.
(d) Plane crash.
9. When was Lindbergh's autobiography published?
10. What did people question after Lindbergh's 1941 speech in Des Moines?
(a) His sanity.
(b) His accuracy.
(c) His honesty.
(d) His patriotism.
11. How was Anne Morrow Lindbergh's "A Gift from the Sea" received?
(a) It was not critically acclaimed.
(b) It received the Pulitzer Prize.
(c) It was praised by the President.
(d) It was a bestseller.
12. What were the Lindberghs criticized for, by making this trip?
(c) Abandoning their son.
13. What cause did Lindbergh take up later in life?
(b) Airline regulation.
(c) Nuclear power.
(d) Military development.
14. What did Lindbergh embark on in late summer 1927?
(a) A trip to South America.
(b) A tour to promote aviation.
(c) A trip to China.
(d) A new aviation company.
15. What did Roosevelt offer Lindbergh?
(a) An advisory position in the U.S. military.
(b) Unmolested exile from the U.S.
(c) A cabinet post.
(d) Imprisonment, if he kept speaking in favor of Nazi Germany.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Lindbergh working to complete in July 1927?
2. What changed Lindbergh's view to a minority position?
3. What was the Lindberghs' second child's name?
4. How did Lindbergh shock people in 1941?
5. What happened a month after Lindbergh's award?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)