|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Denenberg characterize Hauptmann's defense?
2. What were the Lindberghs criticized for, by making this trip?
(b) Abandoning their son.
3. How did Violet Sharpe avoid interrogation?
(a) She killed herself.
(b) She fled the country.
(c) She pled the fifth.
(d) She went insane.
4. Who conceded territory to Hitler?
5. Who was the controversy centered around?
(b) The President.
(c) The Postmaster General.
(d) An air mail company's president.
6. Who backed Lindbergh financially?
(a) Erold Bahl.
(b) President Coolidge.
(c) Harry Knight.
(d) Harry Guggenheim.
7. What was Lindbergh working to complete in July 1927?
(a) Proposals for new prizes for long distance flights.
(b) Repairs to The Spirit of St. Louis.
(c) Plans for a trip to China.
(d) An account of his trip.
8. Where were Lindbergh and Anne Morrow married?
(a) At the Morrow Estate.
(b) In an airplane.
(c) In City Hall in New York.
(d) In Washington D.C.
9. What prize did Lindbergh's autobiography win?
(a) The Congressional Medal of Honor.
(b) The Nobel Prize for Literature.
(c) The National Book Critics Circle Award.
(d) The Pulitzer Prize.
10. How old was Morrow's daughter when Lindbergh met her?
11. Why did Lindbergh keep to a strict timetable?
(a) To start a new project together.
(b) To finish the tour as quickly as possible.
(c) To return to Washington D.C. for a ceremony.
(d) To show that aviation could be reliable.
12. What was the Lindberghs' second child's name?
13. What had the kidnapper used to get into the house?
(a) A skeleton key.
(b) An unlocked door.
(c) A ladder.
(d) A letter.
14. When did Lindbergh's view become a minority view?
15. What effort did Lindbergh contribute to the war effort?
(a) He raised money for the U.S. war bonds.
(b) He was a spokesman for the government.
(c) He advocated engagement and containment.
(d) He was a consultant to Henry Ford's factories.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Colonel Schwarzkopf?
2. What was Lindbergh's estimation of Germany's air strength?
3. What did Lindbergh do to allow himself to speak openly about politics?
4. Where did the Lindberghs live after the war?
5. What was Roosevelt's solution to the controversy?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)