|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was it about Lindbergh's flight that captivated the public, according to Denenberg?
(a) His underdog status.
(b) His pet lion.
(c) His colorful personality.
(d) His confident swagger.
2. What did Charles Lindbergh prefer to do during college?
(a) Race motorcycles.
(b) Study engineering.
(c) Help his father with politics.
(d) Build airplanes.
3. Where did Lindbergh greet a crowd after sleeping in Paris?
(a) The Louvre.
(b) The Eiffel Tower.
(c) Le Bourget.
(d) The U.S. Embassy.
4. What did the relative who taught Charles Lindbergh to tinker do for a career?
5. What kind of crisis does Lindbergh say he had in his ninth hour of flight?
(c) Desire to be on the ground.
6. Who had Lindbergh expected to meet him?
(a) A handful of reporters.
(b) Thronging crowds.
(d) His wife.
7. What was Lindbergh fighting from his third through eighth hours en route to Paris?
(b) Stomach pains.
8. Products did Lindbergh endorse?
(a) Shaving creams.
(b) Cigarettes and scotch.
(c) Record labels.
(d) Aviation-related products.
9. Where did Charles Lindbergh get formal education in flying?
(a) Flying with Erold Bahl.
(b) Ray Page's Flying School.
(c) The Army Air Service.
(d) Flying with Shorty Lynch.
10. How many people tuned in to the ceremony where Lindbergh returned to Washington D.C.?
(a) 3 million.
(c) 1 million.
11. Who else did reporters visit because of their interest in Lindbergh?
(a) His grandparents.
(b) His flying teachers.
(c) His mother.
(d) His children.
12. Why was Lindbergh reluctant to accept this from the President?
(a) He did not want fame.
(b) He had not planned to return to the U.S.
(c) He had planned to circumnavigate the globe.
(d) He had wanted to remain anonymous.
13. Why were lessons few and far between at the Ray Page's Flying School?
(a) Page was an alcoholic, and his flying days were few and far between.
(b) Page had been spooked when he saw a friend die in a plane crash.
(c) Page was always traveling around looking for schemes for making money.
(d) Page had difficulty keeping his craft in flying condition.
14. What happened to the flyers who set out for the Orteig prize before Lindbergh?
(a) They never got off the ground.
(b) They crashed.
(c) They ran out of fuel.
(d) They got lost.
15. Who insisted that Charles Lindbergh attend college?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) He himself did.
(d) His grandfather.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who interested Charles Lindbergh in flying?
2. What limitation would Lindbergh's placement for the fuel tank introduce?
3. Where did C.A. Lindbergh come to the U.S. from?
4. What was at the heart of Charles Lindbergh's first machine?
5. What stunt marked the end of Charles Lindbergh apprenticeship?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)