|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Lindbergh encounter off the coast of Nova Scotia?
2. What was the estimate of the size of the crowd that saw Lindbergh land?
(a) Between 10,000 and 20,000.
(b) Between 25 and 30 people.
(c) Between 20,000 and 100,000.
(d) Between 60,000 and 70,000.
3. What drew Lindbergh to the facility where he learned to fly?
(a) The good pay.
(b) The rate at which graduates were being placed in lucrative positions.
(c) Quality of planes and training.
(d) He followed a friend who was going there.
4. What stunt marked the end of Charles Lindbergh apprenticeship?
(a) A double parachute jump.
(b) An outside loop.
(c) Almost falling during a wing-walk.
(d) Climbing up a ladder from a car to an airplane.
5. What was the public's reaction to Lindbergh's manner in front of cameras?
(a) They were incensed.
(b) They were put off.
(c) They were fascinated.
(d) They were endeared.
6. How did Lindbergh approach Paris?
(a) From Spain.
(b) From England.
(c) From Normandy.
(d) From the south.
7. Where did C.A. Lindbergh settle in the U.S.?
(a) Little Falls, Minnesota.
(b) Little Falls, Colorado.
(c) Madison ,Wisconsin.
8. Where did Charles Lindbergh inherit his love of machinery?
(a) His maternal grandfather.
(b) His paternal great-grandfather.
(c) His father.
(d) His paternal grandfather.
9. When was Charles Lindbergh's first flight?
10. What did the relative who taught Charles Lindbergh to tinker do for a career?
11. Why did Lindbergh leave from this airport?
(a) It would help protect him from publicity.
(b) It was paved.
(c) It had a long runway.
(d) It was furthest east.
12. How did Lindbergh locate the airport in Paris? He looked for the lights.
(a) He was led to it by an escort.
(b) He navigated to it.
(c) He followed the flares.
(d) He looked for the lights.
13. What was Charles Lindbergh like as a student?
14. What did Lindbergh fly without, on his transatlantic flight?
(a) A fuel gauge.
(b) A log book.
(c) A wristwatch.
(d) A rudder.
15. Why did Lindbergh nearly die from his stunt?
(a) His second parachute opened late.
(b) His plane nearly hit a building.
(c) He stepped through the wing, and almost fell.
(d) The plane he was walking over to nearly hit him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the reaction to Lindbergh's transatlantic flight?
2. How does Denenberg say Lindbergh characterized the camera men to himself?
3. Who interested Charles Lindbergh in flying?
4. How would barnstormers make money?
5. Why did C.A. Lindbergh change his name when he came to the U.S.?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)