|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What goal did Lindbergh ask the manufacturers to aim for with The Spirit of St. Louis?
(a) As sleek as possible.
(b) As fast as possible.
(c) As light as possible.
(d) As strong as possible.
2. How much was Lindbergh estimated to have earned as a result of his transatlantic flight?
(a) $3 million.
(b) $1 million.
3. What kind of celebration was Lindbergh treated to in New York?
(a) A christening at a new airport.
(b) A dance party.
(c) An honorary doctorate.
(d) A ticker tape parade.
4. What was Lindbergh's policy about a parachute on the transatlantic flight?
(a) He did not carry one.
(b) He carried a life raft instead.
(c) He had a parachute built for the plane in case of failure.
(d) He carried a very lightweight parachute.
5. In what month did Lindbergh fly to Paris from New York?
6. What limitation would Lindbergh's placement for the fuel tank introduce?
(a) Reduced forward vision.
(b) Increased danger of fire.
(c) Increased drag.
(d) Increased weight.
7. Who was Harry Knight?
(a) Lindbergh's mechanic.
(b) Lindbergh's instructor.
(c) The money behind Lindbergh's attempt at the Orteig prize.
(d) Lindbergh's business partner.
8. What other trick would Lindbergh do while barnstorming?
(a) Hang from the wing by a strap.
(c) Aerial acrobatics.
(d) Jump from one plane to another.
9. How does Denenberg describe Lindbergh in front of cameras?
(b) A publicity hog.
10. How did Lindbergh locate the airport in Paris? He looked for the lights.
(a) He looked for the lights.
(b) He navigated to it.
(c) He followed the flares.
(d) He was led to it by an escort.
11. What route did Lindbergh fly air mail for?
(a) New York-Washington D.C.
(b) Chicago-New York.
(c) San Francisco-L.A.
(d) St. Louis-Chicago.
12. When was Charles Lindbergh born?
13. Where did C.A. Lindbergh settle in the U.S.?
(a) Little Falls, Minnesota.
(c) Little Falls, Colorado.
(d) Madison ,Wisconsin.
14. Why did C.A. Lindbergh change his name when he came to the U.S.?
(a) His given name was too common.
(b) He did not want his family to find him.
(c) He wanted to fit in.
(d) He was afraid of persecution.
15. What did Lindbergh see in the cockpit in the 22nd hour?
(d) Ice forming.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did it cost to built The Spirit of St. Louis?
2. How did Lindbergh approach Paris?
3. What was the make of the first plane bought?
4. Products did Lindbergh endorse?
5. How successful was Lindbergh in his own barnstorming career?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)