|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Charles Lindbergh born?
2. What does Denenberg say Lindbergh felt about camera men?
(a) He could not get enough time in front of the cameras.
(b) He thought they got in his way.
(c) He was afraid they were stealing his soul.
(d) He thought they were there to magnify him.
3. What were Lindbergh and his flight team waiting for before he took off?
(a) Official clearance.
(b) News about Lindbergh's mother's health.
(c) Permission to land in Paris.
(d) Good weather.
4. What did have to do in the 14th hour to set things to rights again?
(a) Lose altitude.
(b) Splash water on his face.
(c) Triangulate his position.
5. What limitation would Lindbergh's placement for the fuel tank introduce?
(a) Reduced forward vision.
(b) Increased drag.
(c) Increased weight.
(d) Increased danger of fire.
6. What did C.A. Lindbergh accomplish in 1906?
(a) He won a prominent corruption case.
(b) He held hearings into the spread of socialism in America.
(c) Election to the Minnesota House of Representatives.
(d) Election to the U.S. House of Representatives.
7. Where did Charles Lindbergh inherit his love of machinery?
(a) His maternal grandfather.
(b) His father.
(c) His paternal great-grandfather.
(d) His paternal grandfather.
8. What was it about Lindbergh's flight that captivated the public, according to Denenberg?
(a) His colorful personality.
(b) His underdog status.
(c) His confident swagger.
(d) His pet lion.
9. What did Charles Lindbergh do while he was an air mail pilot?
(a) Display a talent for management.
(b) Crash twice.
(c) Improve air mail reliability.
(d) Perform dangerous stunts.
10. Where did Lindbergh take The Spirit of St. Louis on its first flight?
(a) Washington D.C.
(b) New York.
(d) St. Louis.
11. How does Denenberg describe Lindbergh in front of cameras?
(d) A publicity hog.
12. What does Denenberg say Lindbergh received in the mail after returning to the U.S.?
(b) Business proposals.
(c) Marriage proposals.
(d) Book deals.
13. Where did C.A. Lindbergh come to the U.S. from?
14. What happened to Lindbergh after landing?
(a) He was injured.
(b) He was arrested.
(c) He gave a speech.
(d) He was carried aloft by the crowd.
15. What stunt marked the end of Charles Lindbergh apprenticeship?
(a) A double parachute jump.
(b) Climbing up a ladder from a car to an airplane.
(c) An outside loop.
(d) Almost falling during a wing-walk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were lessons few and far between at the Ray Page's Flying School?
2. How does Lindbergh describe his relationship with The Spirit of St. Louis?
3. How would barnstormers make money?
4. What was the advantage of this placement for the fuel tank?
5. Who had Lindbergh expected to meet him?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)