|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Lindbergh feel about his nickname?
(a) He hid behind it.
(b) He hated it.
(c) He resisted it.
(d) He adopted it himself.
2. What kind of crisis does Lindbergh say he had in his ninth hour of flight?
(a) Desire to be on the ground.
3. How much was the Orteig prize?
4. What was the estimate of the size of the crowd that saw Lindbergh land?
(a) Between 20,000 and 100,000.
(b) Between 10,000 and 20,000.
(c) Between 25 and 30 people.
(d) Between 60,000 and 70,000.
5. Products did Lindbergh endorse?
(a) Record labels.
(b) Cigarettes and scotch.
(c) Shaving creams.
(d) Aviation-related products.
6. What had Lindbergh been worried about, in terms of landing in France?
7. What were Lindbergh and his flight team waiting for before he took off?
(a) Official clearance.
(b) Good weather.
(c) Permission to land in Paris.
(d) News about Lindbergh's mother's health.
8. How did Lindbergh locate the airport in Paris? He looked for the lights.
(a) He navigated to it.
(b) He followed the flares.
(c) He looked for the lights.
(d) He was led to it by an escort.
9. Where did Charles Lindbergh work as a teenager?
(a) On a farm.
(b) At a motorcycle factory.
(c) At an ice distribution warehouse.
(d) At an airport.
10. What was Charles Lindbergh like as a student?
11. Where did Lindbergh greet a crowd after sleeping in Paris?
(a) The Louvre.
(b) The Eiffel Tower.
(c) Le Bourget.
(d) The U.S. Embassy.
12. Where did C.A. Lindbergh come to the U.S. from?
13. Who built The Spirit of St. Louis?
14. What happened to the flyers who set out for the Orteig prize before Lindbergh?
(a) They ran out of fuel.
(b) They got lost.
(c) They never got off the ground.
(d) They crashed.
15. Why did police attend Lindbergh's departure for Europe?
(a) To control the crowds.
(b) To make sure his flight plan was acceptable.
(c) To ask him about a murder in New York.
(d) To protect him from assassination attempts.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Lindbergh make his transatlantic flight?
2. What did Lindbergh fly without, on his transatlantic flight?
3. How much did it cost to built The Spirit of St. Louis?
4. What did have to do in the 14th hour to set things to rights again?
5. What happened to Charles Lindbergh's family when he was three and a half years old?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)