|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Lindbergh in the 14th hour of the flight?
(a) He flew too high.
(b) He fell asleep.
(c) He stalled.
(d) He lost his way.
2. What had Lindbergh brought with him on account of this worry?
(b) A pistol.
(c) Identification papers.
(d) Letters of introduction.
3. What would Charles Lindbergh do for Erold Bahl?
(a) Teach his lessons.
(b) Keep his accounts.
(c) Walk on the wings of flying planes.
(d) Keep his plane in good condition.
4. What was the public's reaction to Lindbergh's manner in front of cameras?
(a) They were fascinated.
(b) They were incensed.
(c) They were endeared.
(d) They were put off.
5. How much did it cost to built The Spirit of St. Louis?
6. Who were Lindbergh's competition for the Orteig prize?
(b) American military engineers.
(c) French air force pilots.
(d) Individual pilots.
7. What was Lindbergh's nickname?
(a) Laughing Lindy.
(b) Lucky Lindy.
(c) Wrong-way Lindy.
(d) Last-minute Lindy.
8. What did Lindbergh accept from President Coolidge?
(a) A ticker tape parade.
(b) An award.
(c) An invitation to visit the White House.
(d) An invitation to return to the U.S. on an America cruiser.
9. Where did C.A. Lindbergh settle in the U.S.?
(b) Little Falls, Minnesota.
(c) Madison ,Wisconsin.
(d) Little Falls, Colorado.
10. What was the local time when Lindbergh touched down in Paris?
(a) 4:42 am.
(b) 2:39 am.
(c) 2:51 pm.
(d) 10:22 pm.
11. Where did Charles Lindbergh get formal education in flying?
(a) Flying with Erold Bahl.
(b) Ray Page's Flying School.
(c) Flying with Shorty Lynch.
(d) The Army Air Service.
12. Who were Lindbergh's competitors funded by?
(d) The flyers themselves.
13. How did Lindbergh locate the airport in Paris? He looked for the lights.
(a) He was led to it by an escort.
(b) He followed the flares.
(c) He navigated to it.
(d) He looked for the lights.
14. What happened to the flyers who set out for the Orteig prize before Lindbergh?
(a) They never got off the ground.
(b) They crashed.
(c) They ran out of fuel.
(d) They got lost.
15. What goal did Lindbergh ask the manufacturers to aim for with The Spirit of St. Louis?
(a) As strong as possible.
(b) As fast as possible.
(c) As light as possible.
(d) As sleek as possible.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Lindbergh approach Paris?
2. What did Lindbergh fly without, on his transatlantic flight?
3. What did have to do in the 14th hour to set things to rights again?
4. How does Denenberg explain Lindbergh's feelings about his nickname?
5. How would you describe the crowd that came to see Lindbergh take off for Europe?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)