|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Lindbergh see in the cockpit in the 22nd hour?
(a) Ice forming.
2. How much was Lindbergh estimated to have earned as a result of his transatlantic flight?
(c) $1 million.
(d) $3 million.
3. What was the public's reaction to Lindbergh's manner in front of cameras?
(a) They were fascinated.
(b) They were incensed.
(c) They were endeared.
(d) They were put off.
4. What other trick would Lindbergh do while barnstorming?
(b) Aerial acrobatics.
(c) Hang from the wing by a strap.
(d) Jump from one plane to another.
5. What was Le Bourget like when Lindbergh landed?
(a) There was no one around.
(b) The field was filled with people.
(c) He had to wait till cows could be herded off the field.
(d) The field was flooded.
6. Who else did reporters visit because of their interest in Lindbergh?
(a) His mother.
(b) His grandparents.
(c) His flying teachers.
(d) His children.
7. Where was C.A. Lindbergh's mother's house?
(a) Washington D.C.
(c) Little Falls, Minnesota.
(d) Little Falls, Colorado.
8. How would you describe the crowd that came to see Lindbergh take off for Europe?
(a) A small group and a reporter.
(c) A couple of friends.
(d) A few judges and fellow pilots.
9. How did Lindbergh keep track of fuel consumption on his flight to Paris?
(a) There was a window in the fuel tank.
(b) With a manual gauge.
(c) Dead reckoning.
(d) With his stopwatch.
10. Where did Charles Lindbergh get formal education in flying?
(a) The Army Air Service.
(b) Ray Page's Flying School.
(c) Flying with Erold Bahl.
(d) Flying with Shorty Lynch.
11. What happened to Lindbergh in the 14th hour of the flight?
(a) He fell asleep.
(b) He lost his way.
(c) He stalled.
(d) He flew too high.
12. What decision did C.A. Lindbergh and his wife make for the sake of his career?
(a) Not to have any more children.
(b) To move to Washington D.C.
(c) To start a family.
(d) Not to divorce.
13. Why did C.A. Lindbergh change his name when he came to the U.S.?
(a) He did not want his family to find him.
(b) He was afraid of persecution.
(c) He wanted to fit in.
(d) His given name was too common.
14. What did C.A. Lindbergh accomplish in 1906?
(a) He won a prominent corruption case.
(b) Election to the U.S. House of Representatives.
(c) Election to the Minnesota House of Representatives.
(d) He held hearings into the spread of socialism in America.
15. What was Lindbergh's nickname?
(a) Wrong-way Lindy.
(b) Laughing Lindy.
(c) Lucky Lindy.
(d) Last-minute Lindy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lindbergh encounter off the coast of Nova Scotia?
2. How much did it cost to built The Spirit of St. Louis?
3. What did Charles Lindbergh do while he was an air mail pilot?
4. When were the contents of chapter 5 written?
5. Why did police attend Lindbergh's departure for Europe?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)