Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of celebration was Lindbergh treated to in New York?
(a) A ticker tape parade.
(b) A dance party.
(c) An honorary doctorate.
(d) A christening at a new airport.
2. When did Lindbergh sight the Eiffel Tower?
(a) The 27th hour.
(b) The 34th hour.
(c) The 33rd hour.
(d) The 28th hour.
3. What happened to Lindbergh after landing?
(a) He gave a speech.
(b) He was arrested.
(c) He was injured.
(d) He was carried aloft by the crowd.
4. How long did Lindbergh sleep after landing?
(a) 10 hours.
(b) 6 hours.
(c) 14 hours.
(d) 2 hours.
5. What drew Lindbergh to the facility where he learned to fly?
(a) Quality of planes and training.
(b) The good pay.
(c) He followed a friend who was going there.
(d) The rate at which graduates were being placed in lucrative positions.
6. What does Denenberg say Lindbergh felt about camera men?
(a) He thought they got in his way.
(b) He could not get enough time in front of the cameras.
(c) He thought they were there to magnify him.
(d) He was afraid they were stealing his soul.
7. Who interested Charles Lindbergh in flying?
(a) His college friends.
(b) He had always been interested in flight.
(c) His father.
(d) World War I aces.
8. When was Charles Lindbergh's first flight?
9. Where was C.A. Lindbergh's mother's house?
(a) Little Falls, Colorado.
(b) Little Falls, Minnesota.
(d) Washington D.C.
10. What did C.A. Lindbergh accomplish in 1906?
(a) He won a prominent corruption case.
(b) Election to the Minnesota House of Representatives.
(c) Election to the U.S. House of Representatives.
(d) He held hearings into the spread of socialism in America.
11. Why did police attend Lindbergh's departure for Europe?
(a) To control the crowds.
(b) To protect him from assassination attempts.
(c) To ask him about a murder in New York.
(d) To make sure his flight plan was acceptable.
12. When did Lindbergh make his transatlantic flight?
13. What was the make of the first plane bought?
(a) A Wright Flyer.
(b) A Curtis Pusher.
(c) A Gypsy Moth.
(d) A Curtis Jenny.
14. Why did C.A. Lindbergh change his name when he came to the U.S.?
(a) He did not want his family to find him.
(b) His given name was too common.
(c) He was afraid of persecution.
(d) He wanted to fit in.
15. How does Denenberg describe Lindbergh in front of cameras?
(a) A publicity hog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What other trick would Lindbergh do while barnstorming?
2. What does chapter 5 consist of?
3. Where did C.A. Lindbergh come to the U.S. from?
4. Why did Lindbergh nearly die from his stunt?
5. What did Charles Lindbergh do while he was an air mail pilot?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)