|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to The Spirit of St. Louis after Lindbergh landed?
(a) Police impounded it.
(b) Lindbergh wrecked it on landing.
(c) It caught fire.
(d) Souvenir-seekers tore it apart.
2. How much was the Orteig prize?
3. How did Charles Lindbergh help his father's political campaign?
(a) By organizing his campaign.
(b) By soliciting support for him.
(c) By writing for his advertisements.
(d) By driving him around the country.
4. What other trick would Lindbergh do while barnstorming?
(b) Aerial acrobatics.
(c) Jump from one plane to another.
(d) Hang from the wing by a strap.
5. What limitation would Lindbergh's placement for the fuel tank introduce?
(a) Increased danger of fire.
(b) Increased drag.
(c) Reduced forward vision.
(d) Increased weight.
6. How did Lindbergh handle the requests for product endorsements?
(a) He tried to determine which products he wanted to be associated with.
(b) He took all offers above a certain amount.
(c) He turned them all down.
(d) He evaluated them to see which would make him wealthiest.
7. What was C.A. Lindbergh's birth name?
8. Why was Lindbergh reluctant to accept this from the President?
(a) He had not planned to return to the U.S.
(b) He had wanted to remain anonymous.
(c) He did not want fame.
(d) He had planned to circumnavigate the globe.
9. What drew Lindbergh to the facility where he learned to fly?
(a) The good pay.
(b) The rate at which graduates were being placed in lucrative positions.
(c) Quality of planes and training.
(d) He followed a friend who was going there.
10. Where did C.A. Lindbergh settle in the U.S.?
(a) Little Falls, Minnesota.
(c) Little Falls, Colorado.
(d) Madison ,Wisconsin.
11. Who built The Spirit of St. Louis?
12. What was Lindbergh's nickname?
(a) Wrong-way Lindy.
(b) Last-minute Lindy.
(c) Laughing Lindy.
(d) Lucky Lindy.
13. What did Lindbergh feel about his nickname?
(a) He resisted it.
(b) He hated it.
(c) He adopted it himself.
(d) He hid behind it.
14. How did Lindbergh locate the airport in Paris? He looked for the lights.
(a) He navigated to it.
(b) He looked for the lights.
(c) He was led to it by an escort.
(d) He followed the flares.
15. How long did Lindbergh sleep after landing?
(a) 10 hours.
(b) 2 hours.
(c) 6 hours.
(d) 14 hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lindbergh say he will do if this flight fails?
2. What did C.A. Lindbergh accomplish in 1906?
3. What was it about Lindbergh's flight that captivated the public, according to Denenberg?
4. What did Lindbergh see in the cockpit in the 22nd hour?
5. What will sleep mean for Lindbergh while he is flying?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)