|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Charles Lindbergh help his father's political campaign?
(a) By writing for his advertisements.
(b) By driving him around the country.
(c) By soliciting support for him.
(d) By organizing his campaign.
2. How much did it cost to built The Spirit of St. Louis?
3. What did Lindbergh encounter off the coast of Nova Scotia?
4. When did Lindbergh sight the Eiffel Tower?
(a) The 27th hour.
(b) The 28th hour.
(c) The 34th hour.
(d) The 33rd hour.
5. Where was C.A. Lindbergh's mother's house?
(b) Little Falls, Colorado.
(c) Little Falls, Minnesota.
(d) Washington D.C.
6. How did Lindbergh handle the requests for product endorsements?
(a) He evaluated them to see which would make him wealthiest.
(b) He turned them all down.
(c) He took all offers above a certain amount.
(d) He tried to determine which products he wanted to be associated with.
7. What did Charles Lindbergh do while he was an air mail pilot?
(a) Perform dangerous stunts.
(b) Crash twice.
(c) Improve air mail reliability.
(d) Display a talent for management.
8. Where did Lindbergh take The Spirit of St. Louis on its first flight?
(a) St. Louis.
(c) New York.
(d) Washington D.C.
9. What did the relative who taught Charles Lindbergh to tinker do for a career?
10. How would you describe the crowd that came to see Lindbergh take off for Europe?
(a) A small group and a reporter.
(b) A couple of friends.
(d) A few judges and fellow pilots.
11. How does Lindbergh describe his relationship with The Spirit of St. Louis?
(a) He says that it felt like an extension of his body.
(b) He says that it felt like a willful machine.
(c) He says that it felt like a wild animal.
(d) He says it felt like a stubborn woman.
12. How did Lindbergh locate the airport in Paris? He looked for the lights.
(a) He was led to it by an escort.
(b) He navigated to it.
(c) He followed the flares.
(d) He looked for the lights.
13. What happened to Lindbergh in the 14th hour of the flight?
(a) He stalled.
(b) He lost his way.
(c) He fell asleep.
(d) He flew too high.
14. Who had Lindbergh expected to meet him?
(a) A handful of reporters.
(b) His wife.
(d) Thronging crowds.
15. How many people tuned in to the ceremony where Lindbergh returned to Washington D.C.?
(a) 1 million.
(c) 3 million.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who built The Spirit of St. Louis?
2. What did C.A. Lindbergh accomplish in 1906?
3. Who were Lindbergh's competition for the Orteig prize?
4. Why did Lindbergh name his plane The Spirit of St. Louis?
5. What was the reaction to Lindbergh's transatlantic flight?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)