|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did C.A. Lindbergh accomplish in 1906?
(a) Election to the Minnesota House of Representatives.
(b) He held hearings into the spread of socialism in America.
(c) He won a prominent corruption case.
(d) Election to the U.S. House of Representatives.
2. What does Denenberg say Lindbergh felt about camera men?
(a) He thought they got in his way.
(b) He thought they were there to magnify him.
(c) He could not get enough time in front of the cameras.
(d) He was afraid they were stealing his soul.
3. How much did it cost to built The Spirit of St. Louis?
4. What did Charles Lindbergh do while he was an air mail pilot?
(a) Improve air mail reliability.
(b) Display a talent for management.
(c) Perform dangerous stunts.
(d) Crash twice.
5. Where was The Spirit of St. Louis built?
(a) Washington D.C.
(b) New York.
(c) St. Louis.
(d) San Diego.
6. In what month did Lindbergh fly to Paris from New York?
7. How did Charles Lindbergh help his father's political campaign?
(a) By soliciting support for him.
(b) By writing for his advertisements.
(c) By driving him around the country.
(d) By organizing his campaign.
8. Where did Lindbergh take off from?
(a) Bennett Field.
(b) Flowerfield Airport.
(c) Roosevelt Field.
(d) La Guardia Airport.
9. What was the estimate of the size of the crowd that saw Lindbergh land?
(a) Between 10,000 and 20,000.
(b) Between 25 and 30 people.
(c) Between 60,000 and 70,000.
(d) Between 20,000 and 100,000.
10. How would barnstormers make money?
(a) Cash for rides.
(b) Cash prizes from flying contests.
(c) Cash for daredevil performances.
(d) Cash for flying lessons.
11. How does Lindbergh describe his relationship with The Spirit of St. Louis?
(a) He says it felt like a stubborn woman.
(b) He says that it felt like an extension of his body.
(c) He says that it felt like a wild animal.
(d) He says that it felt like a willful machine.
12. Where did Charles Lindbergh work as a teenager?
(a) At an ice distribution warehouse.
(b) On a farm.
(c) At a motorcycle factory.
(d) At an airport.
13. What drew Lindbergh to the facility where he learned to fly?
(a) Quality of planes and training.
(b) The good pay.
(c) He followed a friend who was going there.
(d) The rate at which graduates were being placed in lucrative positions.
14. What was at the heart of Charles Lindbergh's first machine?
(a) An airfoil.
(b) A small engine.
(c) A pulley system.
(d) A primitive computer.
15. What goal did Lindbergh ask the manufacturers to aim for with The Spirit of St. Louis?
(a) As strong as possible.
(b) As fast as possible.
(c) As light as possible.
(d) As sleek as possible.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Shorty Lynch?
2. When did Lindbergh make his transatlantic flight?
3. What did have to do in the 14th hour to set things to rights again?
4. When was Charles Lindbergh's first flight?
5. How many people tuned in to the ceremony where Lindbergh returned to Washington D.C.?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)