|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lindbergh say he will do if this flight fails?
(a) Give up flying.
(b) Return to the air mail.
(c) Start a family.
(d) Try again.
2. Why did Lindbergh leave from this airport?
(a) It had a long runway.
(b) It would help protect him from publicity.
(c) It was furthest east.
(d) It was paved.
3. What does Denenberg say Lindbergh received in the mail after returning to the U.S.?
(a) Book deals.
(c) Marriage proposals.
(d) Business proposals.
4. How many people tuned in to the ceremony where Lindbergh returned to Washington D.C.?
(a) 3 million.
(b) 1 million.
5. How far was the first powered flight?
(a) 120 feet.
(b) 1,200 yards.
(c) 12 miles.
(d) 120 miles.
6. Where did C.A. Lindbergh settle in the U.S.?
(b) Madison ,Wisconsin.
(c) Little Falls, Minnesota.
(d) Little Falls, Colorado.
7. Where did Lindbergh want to put the fuel tank?
(a) Behind the engine.
(b) Behind the pilot.
(c) In the wing.
(d) Beneath the pilot.
8. What happened to The Spirit of St. Louis after Lindbergh landed?
(a) Souvenir-seekers tore it apart.
(b) It caught fire.
(c) Police impounded it.
(d) Lindbergh wrecked it on landing.
9. How did Lindbergh approach Paris?
(a) From Normandy.
(b) From Spain.
(c) From England.
(d) From the south.
10. Who had Lindbergh expected to meet him?
(a) Thronging crowds.
(b) A handful of reporters.
(d) His wife.
11. What kind of celebration was Lindbergh treated to in New York?
(a) A ticker tape parade.
(b) A christening at a new airport.
(c) A dance party.
(d) An honorary doctorate.
12. What did Lindbergh fly without, on his transatlantic flight?
(a) A log book.
(b) A rudder.
(c) A wristwatch.
(d) A fuel gauge.
13. What does chapter 5 consist of?
(a) Denenberg's dramatization.
(b) Denenberg's speculations.
(c) Lindbergh's letters.
(d) Lindbergh's journal.
14. Why did police attend Lindbergh's departure for Europe?
(a) To ask him about a murder in New York.
(b) To protect him from assassination attempts.
(c) To control the crowds.
(d) To make sure his flight plan was acceptable.
15. What were Lindbergh and his flight team waiting for before he took off?
(a) Permission to land in Paris.
(b) Official clearance.
(c) News about Lindbergh's mother's health.
(d) Good weather.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Lindbergh name his plane The Spirit of St. Louis?
2. What was at the heart of Charles Lindbergh's first machine?
3. When was Charles Lindbergh's first flight?
4. Where did Lindbergh greet a crowd after sleeping in Paris?
5. What would Charles Lindbergh do for Erold Bahl?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)