|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had Lindbergh been worried about, in terms of landing in France?
2. Who was Shorty Lynch?
(a) A barnstormer.
(b) A politician in charge of aviation.
(c) A mechanic.
(d) A parachutist.
3. When were the contents of chapter 5 written?
(a) Before the flight to Paris.
(b) After the flight to Paris.
(c) In the air to Paris.
(d) It is not certain when they were composed.
4. What business were Orville and Wilbur Wright in, when they invented the airplane in 1903?
(c) Bicycle mechanics.
5. What was Lindbergh's policy about a parachute on the transatlantic flight?
(a) He carried a very lightweight parachute.
(b) He did not carry one.
(c) He carried a life raft instead.
(d) He had a parachute built for the plane in case of failure.
6. Why did police attend Lindbergh's departure for Europe?
(a) To control the crowds.
(b) To protect him from assassination attempts.
(c) To make sure his flight plan was acceptable.
(d) To ask him about a murder in New York.
7. How did Charles Lindbergh help his father's political campaign?
(a) By organizing his campaign.
(b) By writing for his advertisements.
(c) By soliciting support for him.
(d) By driving him around the country.
8. How does Denenberg say Lindbergh characterized the camera men to himself?
(a) He felt they wanted to take his place themselves.
(b) He felt they could not get enough pictures.
(c) He felt they were out to frame him and embarrass him.
(d) He felt they wanted to tear him apart.
9. How would you describe the crowd that came to see Lindbergh take off for Europe?
(a) A small group and a reporter.
(b) A couple of friends.
(d) A few judges and fellow pilots.
10. What stunt marked the end of Charles Lindbergh apprenticeship?
(a) Almost falling during a wing-walk.
(b) An outside loop.
(c) Climbing up a ladder from a car to an airplane.
(d) A double parachute jump.
11. Why did Lindbergh nearly die from his stunt?
(a) His plane nearly hit a building.
(b) He stepped through the wing, and almost fell.
(c) His second parachute opened late.
(d) The plane he was walking over to nearly hit him.
12. When was Charles Lindbergh born?
13. Who interested Charles Lindbergh in flying?
(a) He had always been interested in flight.
(b) His father.
(c) World War I aces.
(d) His college friends.
14. Who were Lindbergh's competition for the Orteig prize?
(a) French air force pilots.
(b) American military engineers.
(c) Individual pilots.
15. What happened to Lindbergh after landing?
(a) He was carried aloft by the crowd.
(b) He was injured.
(c) He gave a speech.
(d) He was arrested.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lindbergh feel about his nickname?
2. How long did it take for Lindbergh to lose sight of the coast of the U.S.?
3. How much was Lindbergh estimated to have earned as a result of his transatlantic flight?
4. What happened to Charles Lindbergh's family when he was three and a half years old?
5. What would Charles Lindbergh do for Erold Bahl?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)