|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Charles Lindbergh help his father's political campaign?
(a) By writing for his advertisements.
(b) By organizing his campaign.
(c) By soliciting support for him.
(d) By driving him around the country.
2. How far was the first powered flight?
(a) 120 miles.
(b) 1,200 yards.
(c) 12 miles.
(d) 120 feet.
3. Who were Lindbergh's competitors funded by?
(c) The flyers themselves.
4. How did Lindbergh approach Paris?
(a) From England.
(b) From Spain.
(c) From the south.
(d) From Normandy.
5. What would Charles Lindbergh do for Erold Bahl?
(a) Teach his lessons.
(b) Keep his accounts.
(c) Keep his plane in good condition.
(d) Walk on the wings of flying planes.
6. What does Lindbergh say about reporters in chapter 5?
(a) He expresses bewilderment about their desire to write lies.
(b) He wishes they would take more care about facts.
(c) He thanks them for making him a celebrity.
(d) He expresses annoyance.
7. What was the Orteig prize for?
(a) An outside loop.
(b) A transcontinental flight.
(c) A flight to 40,000 feet.
(d) A transatlantic flight.
8. What does Denenberg say Lindbergh received in the mail after returning to the U.S.?
(a) Marriage proposals.
(b) Business proposals.
(d) Book deals.
9. What kind of celebration was Lindbergh treated to in New York?
(a) A christening at a new airport.
(b) A ticker tape parade.
(c) An honorary doctorate.
(d) A dance party.
10. What happened to The Spirit of St. Louis after Lindbergh landed?
(a) It caught fire.
(b) Souvenir-seekers tore it apart.
(c) Police impounded it.
(d) Lindbergh wrecked it on landing.
11. What was Le Bourget like when Lindbergh landed?
(a) He had to wait till cows could be herded off the field.
(b) The field was filled with people.
(c) There was no one around.
(d) The field was flooded.
12. What happened to Charles Lindbergh's family when he was three and a half years old?
(a) A flood destroyed their home.
(b) A fire destroyed their home.
(c) Charles' mother died.
(d) Charles' brother was kidnapped.
13. What were Lindbergh and his flight team waiting for before he took off?
(a) News about Lindbergh's mother's health.
(b) Good weather.
(c) Permission to land in Paris.
(d) Official clearance.
14. What happened to the flyers who set out for the Orteig prize before Lindbergh?
(a) They got lost.
(b) They crashed.
(c) They ran out of fuel.
(d) They never got off the ground.
15. What route did Lindbergh fly air mail for?
(a) Chicago-New York.
(b) St. Louis-Chicago.
(c) San Francisco-L.A.
(d) New York-Washington D.C.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did C.A. Lindbergh change his name when he came to the U.S.?
2. How long did it take for Lindbergh to lose sight of the coast of the U.S.?
3. What did Charles Lindbergh do while he was an air mail pilot?
4. What was Lindbergh's nickname?
5. How does Denenberg say Lindbergh characterized the camera men to himself?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)