|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who interested Charles Lindbergh in flying?
(a) World War I aces.
(b) His father.
(c) His college friends.
(d) He had always been interested in flight.
2. What did Charles Lindbergh do while he was an air mail pilot?
(a) Improve air mail reliability.
(b) Perform dangerous stunts.
(c) Crash twice.
(d) Display a talent for management.
3. Where did C.A. Lindbergh settle in the U.S.?
(a) Madison ,Wisconsin.
(b) Little Falls, Minnesota.
(d) Little Falls, Colorado.
4. When did Charles Lindbergh acquire his own plane?
5. What was the advantage of this placement for the fuel tank?
(a) It was closer to the center of gravity.
(b) It was safer for the pilot.
(c) It removed the need for a fuel pump.
(d) It was closer to the center of lift.
6. What was the reaction to Lindbergh's transatlantic flight?
(a) He became a celebrity.
(b) He became a hermit.
(c) He became a controversial figure.
(d) He became a pariah.
7. Where did Charles Lindbergh inherit his love of machinery?
(a) His paternal great-grandfather.
(b) His father.
(c) His maternal grandfather.
(d) His paternal grandfather.
8. How does Lindbergh describe his relationship with The Spirit of St. Louis?
(a) He says that it felt like a willful machine.
(b) He says that it felt like a wild animal.
(c) He says it felt like a stubborn woman.
(d) He says that it felt like an extension of his body.
9. What had Lindbergh brought with him on account of this worry?
(b) A pistol.
(c) Letters of introduction.
(d) Identification papers.
10. What kind of crisis does Lindbergh say he had in his ninth hour of flight?
(d) Desire to be on the ground.
11. How did Lindbergh keep track of fuel consumption on his flight to Paris?
(a) With his stopwatch.
(b) There was a window in the fuel tank.
(c) Dead reckoning.
(d) With a manual gauge.
12. Who had Lindbergh expected to meet him?
(a) Thronging crowds.
(b) His wife.
(c) A handful of reporters.
13. Who were Lindbergh's competition for the Orteig prize?
(a) French air force pilots.
(b) Individual pilots.
(c) American military engineers.
14. What did Charles Lindbergh prefer to do during college?
(a) Build airplanes.
(b) Study engineering.
(c) Race motorcycles.
(d) Help his father with politics.
15. What does chapter 5 consist of?
(a) Denenberg's speculations.
(b) Denenberg's dramatization.
(c) Lindbergh's journal.
(d) Lindbergh's letters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Lindbergh after landing?
2. Where was The Spirit of St. Louis built?
3. When was Charles Lindbergh's first flight?
4. What was the estimate of the size of the crowd that saw Lindbergh land?
5. How far was the first powered flight?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)