|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Harry Knight?
(a) Lindbergh's business partner.
(b) The money behind Lindbergh's attempt at the Orteig prize.
(c) Lindbergh's instructor.
(d) Lindbergh's mechanic.
2. Who built The Spirit of St. Louis?
3. What does Denenberg say Lindbergh felt about camera men?
(a) He could not get enough time in front of the cameras.
(b) He thought they were there to magnify him.
(c) He was afraid they were stealing his soul.
(d) He thought they got in his way.
4. How would barnstormers make money?
(a) Cash for flying lessons.
(b) Cash prizes from flying contests.
(c) Cash for rides.
(d) Cash for daredevil performances.
5. Why did C.A. Lindbergh change his name when he came to the U.S.?
(a) He was afraid of persecution.
(b) His given name was too common.
(c) He did not want his family to find him.
(d) He wanted to fit in.
6. What decision did C.A. Lindbergh and his wife make for the sake of his career?
(a) To start a family.
(b) Not to divorce.
(c) Not to have any more children.
(d) To move to Washington D.C.
7. Why did police attend Lindbergh's departure for Europe?
(a) To control the crowds.
(b) To ask him about a murder in New York.
(c) To make sure his flight plan was acceptable.
(d) To protect him from assassination attempts.
8. Why was Lindbergh reluctant to accept this from the President?
(a) He had wanted to remain anonymous.
(b) He had not planned to return to the U.S.
(c) He had planned to circumnavigate the globe.
(d) He did not want fame.
9. How long did it take for Lindbergh to lose sight of the coast of the U.S.?
(a) Five hours.
(b) One hour.
(c) Three hours.
(d) Six hours.
10. When was Charles Lindbergh's first flight?
11. What does Lindbergh say he will do if this flight fails?
(a) Start a family.
(b) Give up flying.
(c) Try again.
(d) Return to the air mail.
12. What kind of crisis does Lindbergh say he had in his ninth hour of flight?
(c) Desire to be on the ground.
13. Who was Erold Bahl?
(a) A war pilot.
(b) A teacher at Ray Page's Flying School.
(c) A barnstormer.
(d) A mechanic.
14. What goal did Lindbergh ask the manufacturers to aim for with The Spirit of St. Louis?
(a) As sleek as possible.
(b) As strong as possible.
(c) As light as possible.
(d) As fast as possible.
15. What was the public's reaction to Lindbergh's manner in front of cameras?
(a) They were endeared.
(b) They were incensed.
(c) They were fascinated.
(d) They were put off.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Le Bourget like when Lindbergh landed?
2. How did Lindbergh approach Paris?
3. What happened to Charles Lindbergh's family when he was three and a half years old?
4. How much did it cost to built The Spirit of St. Louis?
5. How does Denenberg describe Lindbergh in front of cameras?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)