|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of celebration was Lindbergh treated to in New York?
(a) A dance party.
(b) A christening at a new airport.
(c) An honorary doctorate.
(d) A ticker tape parade.
2. What drew Lindbergh to the facility where he learned to fly?
(a) He followed a friend who was going there.
(b) Quality of planes and training.
(c) The good pay.
(d) The rate at which graduates were being placed in lucrative positions.
3. How much did it cost to built The Spirit of St. Louis?
4. What happened to Charles Lindbergh's family when he was three and a half years old?
(a) A fire destroyed their home.
(b) Charles' mother died.
(c) A flood destroyed their home.
(d) Charles' brother was kidnapped.
5. Where was C.A. Lindbergh's mother's house?
(a) Little Falls, Colorado.
(c) Little Falls, Minnesota.
(d) Washington D.C.
6. How did Lindbergh locate the airport in Paris? He looked for the lights.
(a) He navigated to it.
(b) He was led to it by an escort.
(c) He looked for the lights.
(d) He followed the flares.
7. What did Lindbergh fly without, on his transatlantic flight?
(a) A fuel gauge.
(b) A rudder.
(c) A wristwatch.
(d) A log book.
8. What did Charles Lindbergh do while he was an air mail pilot?
(a) Improve air mail reliability.
(b) Display a talent for management.
(c) Crash twice.
(d) Perform dangerous stunts.
9. What had Lindbergh been worried about, in terms of landing in France?
10. Where did Lindbergh greet a crowd after sleeping in Paris?
(a) The U.S. Embassy.
(b) The Eiffel Tower.
(c) The Louvre.
(d) Le Bourget.
11. Who was Shorty Lynch?
(a) A barnstormer.
(b) A mechanic.
(c) A parachutist.
(d) A politician in charge of aviation.
12. What does Denenberg say Lindbergh felt about camera men?
(a) He thought they got in his way.
(b) He could not get enough time in front of the cameras.
(c) He thought they were there to magnify him.
(d) He was afraid they were stealing his soul.
13. In what month did Lindbergh fly to Paris from New York?
14. What did Lindbergh accept from President Coolidge?
(a) An invitation to return to the U.S. on an America cruiser.
(b) An award.
(c) A ticker tape parade.
(d) An invitation to visit the White House.
15. How much was Lindbergh estimated to have earned as a result of his transatlantic flight?
(c) $3 million.
(d) $1 million.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the make of the first plane bought?
2. Why did Lindbergh leave from this airport?
3. Who else did reporters visit because of their interest in Lindbergh?
4. What does Denenberg say Lindbergh received in the mail after returning to the U.S.?
5. When were the contents of chapter 5 written?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)