|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was 'the Lindy'?
(a) A dance.
(b) A jacket.
(c) A drink.
(d) A self-reliant person.
2. How long did it take for Lindbergh to lose sight of the coast of the U.S.?
(a) Six hours.
(b) Three hours.
(c) Five hours.
(d) One hour.
3. What limitation would Lindbergh's placement for the fuel tank introduce?
(a) Increased drag.
(b) Increased danger of fire.
(c) Increased weight.
(d) Reduced forward vision.
4. How did Lindbergh approach Paris?
(a) From the south.
(b) From Normandy.
(c) From England.
(d) From Spain.
5. What was the advantage of this placement for the fuel tank?
(a) It was closer to the center of lift.
(b) It was closer to the center of gravity.
(c) It was safer for the pilot.
(d) It removed the need for a fuel pump.
6. What kind of crisis does Lindbergh say he had in his ninth hour of flight?
(a) Desire to be on the ground.
7. Who insisted that Charles Lindbergh attend college?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) He himself did.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
8. Why was Lindbergh reluctant to accept this from the President?
(a) He had planned to circumnavigate the globe.
(b) He had wanted to remain anonymous.
(c) He did not want fame.
(d) He had not planned to return to the U.S.
9. When was Charles Lindbergh born?
10. Where did C.A. Lindbergh settle in the U.S.?
(a) Little Falls, Colorado.
(c) Madison ,Wisconsin.
(d) Little Falls, Minnesota.
11. When were the contents of chapter 5 written?
(a) After the flight to Paris.
(b) In the air to Paris.
(c) Before the flight to Paris.
(d) It is not certain when they were composed.
12. Products did Lindbergh endorse?
(a) Shaving creams.
(b) Record labels.
(c) Aviation-related products.
(d) Cigarettes and scotch.
13. Who were Lindbergh's competition for the Orteig prize?
(a) American military engineers.
(c) French air force pilots.
(d) Individual pilots.
14. What was Lindbergh fighting from his third through eighth hours en route to Paris?
(b) Stomach pains.
15. How much was Lindbergh estimated to have earned as a result of his transatlantic flight?
(c) $1 million.
(d) $3 million.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were Lindbergh's competitors funded by?
2. Where did Lindbergh take off from?
3. What was the make of the first plane bought?
4. What kind of celebration was Lindbergh treated to in New York?
5. Where did C.A. Lindbergh come to the U.S. from?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)