|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Lindbergh sight the Eiffel Tower?
(a) The 27th hour.
(b) The 33rd hour.
(c) The 28th hour.
(d) The 34th hour.
2. What was conventional wisdom for how to pursue the Orteig prize?
(a) To use a multi-engine plane with a pilot and navigator.
(b) To use as much horsepower and as small a plane as possible.
(c) To use a cantilevered monoplane with structural reinforcements.
(d) To get into the jet stream.
3. Why was Lindbergh reluctant to accept this from the President?
(a) He had wanted to remain anonymous.
(b) He did not want fame.
(c) He had planned to circumnavigate the globe.
(d) He had not planned to return to the U.S.
4. What decision did C.A. Lindbergh and his wife make for the sake of his career?
(a) To start a family.
(b) Not to divorce.
(c) To move to Washington D.C.
(d) Not to have any more children.
5. How much did it cost to built The Spirit of St. Louis?
6. How would barnstormers make money?
(a) Cash prizes from flying contests.
(b) Cash for daredevil performances.
(c) Cash for rides.
(d) Cash for flying lessons.
7. What will sleep mean for Lindbergh while he is flying?
8. Who were Lindbergh's competition for the Orteig prize?
(a) Individual pilots.
(c) French air force pilots.
(d) American military engineers.
9. What was the local time when Lindbergh touched down in Paris?
(a) 2:39 am.
(b) 2:51 pm.
(c) 10:22 pm.
(d) 4:42 am.
10. What did Charles Lindbergh do while he was an air mail pilot?
(a) Perform dangerous stunts.
(b) Display a talent for management.
(c) Improve air mail reliability.
(d) Crash twice.
11. What does chapter 5 consist of?
(a) Denenberg's speculations.
(b) Lindbergh's letters.
(c) Denenberg's dramatization.
(d) Lindbergh's journal.
12. Who had Lindbergh expected to meet him?
(a) Thronging crowds.
(c) His wife.
(d) A handful of reporters.
13. What did Lindbergh see in the cockpit in the 22nd hour?
(b) Ice forming.
14. What happened to Charles Lindbergh's family when he was three and a half years old?
(a) A flood destroyed their home.
(b) Charles' brother was kidnapped.
(c) A fire destroyed their home.
(d) Charles' mother died.
15. What limitation would Lindbergh's placement for the fuel tank introduce?
(a) Increased drag.
(b) Reduced forward vision.
(c) Increased weight.
(d) Increased danger of fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Denenberg say Lindbergh felt about camera men?
2. What did Lindbergh feel about his nickname?
3. What was Lindbergh's nickname?
4. Who were Lindbergh's competitors funded by?
5. What was Lindbergh's policy about a parachute on the transatlantic flight?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)