|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What decision did C.A. Lindbergh and his wife make for the sake of his career?
(a) To start a family.
(b) Not to divorce.
(c) To move to Washington D.C.
(d) Not to have any more children.
2. How far was the first powered flight?
(a) 1,200 yards.
(b) 120 feet.
(c) 120 miles.
(d) 12 miles.
3. What was Lindbergh's nickname?
(a) Lucky Lindy.
(b) Wrong-way Lindy.
(c) Laughing Lindy.
(d) Last-minute Lindy.
4. What did Lindbergh see in the 27th hour?
(a) An airplane escort.
(b) Fishing boats.
5. What was Lindbergh's policy about a parachute on the transatlantic flight?
(a) He had a parachute built for the plane in case of failure.
(b) He carried a very lightweight parachute.
(c) He did not carry one.
(d) He carried a life raft instead.
6. How does Denenberg describe Lindbergh in front of cameras?
(a) A publicity hog.
7. What stunt marked the end of Charles Lindbergh apprenticeship?
(a) An outside loop.
(b) Almost falling during a wing-walk.
(c) Climbing up a ladder from a car to an airplane.
(d) A double parachute jump.
8. What had Lindbergh been worried about, in terms of landing in France?
9. What was Lindbergh fighting from his third through eighth hours en route to Paris?
(a) Stomach pains.
10. What was the local time when Lindbergh touched down in Paris?
(a) 2:51 pm.
(b) 4:42 am.
(c) 2:39 am.
(d) 10:22 pm.
11. Where did C.A. Lindbergh settle in the U.S.?
(a) Little Falls, Colorado.
(c) Little Falls, Minnesota.
(d) Madison ,Wisconsin.
12. How did Lindbergh keep track of fuel consumption on his flight to Paris?
(a) With his stopwatch.
(b) Dead reckoning.
(c) With a manual gauge.
(d) There was a window in the fuel tank.
13. Why did Lindbergh leave from this airport?
(a) It had a long runway.
(b) It was furthest east.
(c) It would help protect him from publicity.
(d) It was paved.
14. How does Denenberg explain Lindbergh's feelings about his nickname?
(a) He felt like he was being celebrated for the wrong trait.
(b) He felt that planning, not luck, had explained his success.
(c) He felt that his sense of humor had been misrepresented.
(d) He felt like it was a caricature but it was all the media needed to see.
15. What did Lindbergh feel about his nickname?
(a) He hated it.
(b) He resisted it.
(c) He hid behind it.
(d) He adopted it himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were lessons few and far between at the Ray Page's Flying School?
2. What was Charles Lindbergh like as a student?
3. What did Lindbergh see in the cockpit in the 22nd hour?
4. What did Lindbergh encounter off the coast of Nova Scotia?
5. How much did it cost to built The Spirit of St. Louis?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)