|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Lindbergh feel about his nickname?
(a) He adopted it himself.
(b) He hid behind it.
(c) He resisted it.
(d) He hated it.
2. How much was the Orteig prize?
3. What was at the heart of Charles Lindbergh's first machine?
(a) A primitive computer.
(b) A small engine.
(c) A pulley system.
(d) An airfoil.
4. What did have to do in the 14th hour to set things to rights again?
(a) Splash water on his face.
(b) Triangulate his position.
(c) Lose altitude.
5. Where was The Spirit of St. Louis built?
(a) New York.
(b) St. Louis.
(c) San Diego.
(d) Washington D.C.
6. When did Charles Lindbergh acquire his own plane?
7. How would you describe the crowd that came to see Lindbergh take off for Europe?
(a) A few judges and fellow pilots.
(c) A small group and a reporter.
(d) A couple of friends.
8. When was Charles Lindbergh's first flight?
9. What kind of celebration was Lindbergh treated to in New York?
(a) A dance party.
(b) An honorary doctorate.
(c) A ticker tape parade.
(d) A christening at a new airport.
10. Why was Lindbergh reluctant to accept this from the President?
(a) He had wanted to remain anonymous.
(b) He had not planned to return to the U.S.
(c) He had planned to circumnavigate the globe.
(d) He did not want fame.
11. Where did C.A. Lindbergh come to the U.S. from?
12. What was the make of the first plane bought?
(a) A Wright Flyer.
(b) A Curtis Pusher.
(c) A Gypsy Moth.
(d) A Curtis Jenny.
13. What did Lindbergh accept from President Coolidge?
(a) A ticker tape parade.
(b) An invitation to return to the U.S. on an America cruiser.
(c) An invitation to visit the White House.
(d) An award.
14. What kind of crisis does Lindbergh say he had in his ninth hour of flight?
(c) Desire to be on the ground.
15. How long did it take for Lindbergh to lose sight of the coast of the U.S.?
(a) Six hours.
(b) Three hours.
(c) Five hours.
(d) One hour.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was C.A. Lindbergh's birth name?
2. What does chapter 5 consist of?
3. What business were Orville and Wilbur Wright in, when they invented the airplane in 1903?
4. What was the reaction to Lindbergh's transatlantic flight?
5. What did the relative who taught Charles Lindbergh to tinker do for a career?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)