|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Lindbergh accept from President Coolidge?
(a) An award.
(b) A ticker tape parade.
(c) An invitation to visit the White House.
(d) An invitation to return to the U.S. on an America cruiser.
2. Who built The Spirit of St. Louis?
3. When did Charles Lindbergh acquire his own plane?
4. What decision did C.A. Lindbergh and his wife make for the sake of his career?
(a) To start a family.
(b) To move to Washington D.C.
(c) Not to have any more children.
(d) Not to divorce.
5. What were Lindbergh and his flight team waiting for before he took off?
(a) Good weather.
(b) Official clearance.
(c) Permission to land in Paris.
(d) News about Lindbergh's mother's health.
6. Why did Lindbergh nearly die from his stunt?
(a) His second parachute opened late.
(b) He stepped through the wing, and almost fell.
(c) His plane nearly hit a building.
(d) The plane he was walking over to nearly hit him.
7. Why were lessons few and far between at the Ray Page's Flying School?
(a) Page had been spooked when he saw a friend die in a plane crash.
(b) Page was always traveling around looking for schemes for making money.
(c) Page had difficulty keeping his craft in flying condition.
(d) Page was an alcoholic, and his flying days were few and far between.
8. What was the Orteig prize for?
(a) A flight to 40,000 feet.
(b) An outside loop.
(c) A transcontinental flight.
(d) A transatlantic flight.
9. What happened to Lindbergh in the 14th hour of the flight?
(a) He stalled.
(b) He lost his way.
(c) He fell asleep.
(d) He flew too high.
10. What does Lindbergh say about reporters in chapter 5?
(a) He wishes they would take more care about facts.
(b) He expresses bewilderment about their desire to write lies.
(c) He expresses annoyance.
(d) He thanks them for making him a celebrity.
11. Who was Shorty Lynch?
(a) A mechanic.
(b) A barnstormer.
(c) A politician in charge of aviation.
(d) A parachutist.
12. What was the make of the first plane bought?
(a) A Wright Flyer.
(b) A Gypsy Moth.
(c) A Curtis Jenny.
(d) A Curtis Pusher.
13. What was the public's reaction to Lindbergh's manner in front of cameras?
(a) They were fascinated.
(b) They were put off.
(c) They were incensed.
(d) They were endeared.
14. Who interested Charles Lindbergh in flying?
(a) His father.
(b) He had always been interested in flight.
(c) His college friends.
(d) World War I aces.
15. What was C.A. Lindbergh's birth name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What other trick would Lindbergh do while barnstorming?
2. How did Lindbergh keep track of fuel consumption on his flight to Paris?
3. In what month did Lindbergh fly to Paris from New York?
4. What did Lindbergh feel about his nickname?
5. What happened to Charles Lindbergh's family when he was three and a half years old?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)