|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what month did Lindbergh fly to Paris from New York?
2. What was Lindbergh fighting from his third through eighth hours en route to Paris?
(a) Stomach pains.
3. What did C.A. Lindbergh accomplish in 1906?
(a) He held hearings into the spread of socialism in America.
(b) Election to the Minnesota House of Representatives.
(c) Election to the U.S. House of Representatives.
(d) He won a prominent corruption case.
4. Who were Lindbergh's competitors funded by?
(c) The flyers themselves.
5. What kind of celebration was Lindbergh treated to in New York?
(a) A christening at a new airport.
(b) A ticker tape parade.
(c) A dance party.
(d) An honorary doctorate.
6. What drew Lindbergh to the facility where he learned to fly?
(a) Quality of planes and training.
(b) The good pay.
(c) The rate at which graduates were being placed in lucrative positions.
(d) He followed a friend who was going there.
7. What was Lindbergh's policy about a parachute on the transatlantic flight?
(a) He carried a life raft instead.
(b) He had a parachute built for the plane in case of failure.
(c) He carried a very lightweight parachute.
(d) He did not carry one.
8. How much was the Orteig prize?
9. What was 'the Lindy'?
(a) A jacket.
(b) A self-reliant person.
(c) A dance.
(d) A drink.
10. What does Denenberg say Lindbergh felt about camera men?
(a) He thought they got in his way.
(b) He thought they were there to magnify him.
(c) He was afraid they were stealing his soul.
(d) He could not get enough time in front of the cameras.
11. What did Charles Lindbergh prefer to do during college?
(a) Race motorcycles.
(b) Study engineering.
(c) Help his father with politics.
(d) Build airplanes.
12. Why did Lindbergh nearly die from his stunt?
(a) The plane he was walking over to nearly hit him.
(b) His second parachute opened late.
(c) He stepped through the wing, and almost fell.
(d) His plane nearly hit a building.
13. Who built The Spirit of St. Louis?
14. How did Charles Lindbergh help his father's political campaign?
(a) By soliciting support for him.
(b) By organizing his campaign.
(c) By writing for his advertisements.
(d) By driving him around the country.
15. What was Charles Lindbergh like as a student?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Charles Lindbergh work as a teenager?
2. Where was C.A. Lindbergh's mother's house?
3. When did Lindbergh sight the Eiffel Tower?
4. Why was Lindbergh reluctant to accept this from the President?
5. How much did it cost to built The Spirit of St. Louis?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)