|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Lindbergh accept from President Coolidge?
(a) An award.
(b) A ticker tape parade.
(c) An invitation to return to the U.S. on an America cruiser.
(d) An invitation to visit the White House.
2. What was Schwarzkopf's background?
3. Why did Lindbergh name his plane The Spirit of St. Louis?
(a) To memorialize the pioneer spirit.
(b) To establish St. Louis as an aviation mecca.
(c) To honor his birthplace.
(d) To honor his patron's origins.
4. How does Denenberg explain Lindbergh's feelings about his nickname?
(a) He felt that planning, not luck, had explained his success.
(b) He felt that his sense of humor had been misrepresented.
(c) He felt like he was being celebrated for the wrong trait.
(d) He felt like it was a caricature but it was all the media needed to see.
5. In what month did Lindbergh fly to Paris from New York?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of crisis does Lindbergh say he had in his ninth hour of flight?
2. What was Lindbergh's estimation of Germany's air strength?
3. Who else did reporters visit because of their interest in Lindbergh?
4. How does Denenberg describe Lindbergh in front of cameras?
5. Who conceded territory to Hitler?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)