|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What limitation would Lindbergh's placement for the fuel tank introduce?
(a) Increased weight.
(b) Reduced forward vision.
(c) Increased drag.
(d) Increased danger of fire.
2. When did Charles Lindbergh acquire his own plane?
3. Where did Charles Lindbergh inherit his love of machinery?
(a) His paternal grandfather.
(b) His maternal grandfather.
(c) His paternal great-grandfather.
(d) His father.
4. What happened to Lindbergh in the 14th hour of the flight?
(a) He stalled.
(b) He flew too high.
(c) He fell asleep.
(d) He lost his way.
5. When did Lindbergh make his transatlantic flight?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was at the heart of Charles Lindbergh's first machine?
2. What was Lindbergh's policy about a parachute on the transatlantic flight?
3. What did have to do in the 14th hour to set things to rights again?
4. Who were Lindbergh's competitors funded by?
5. What was the Orteig prize for?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)