|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Charles Lindbergh like as a student?
2. Why did Lindbergh leave from this airport?
(a) It had a long runway.
(b) It was paved.
(c) It would help protect him from publicity.
(d) It was furthest east.
3. Who were Lindbergh's competition for the Orteig prize?
(a) Individual pilots.
(c) French air force pilots.
(d) American military engineers.
4. Why did Lindbergh name his plane The Spirit of St. Louis?
(a) To establish St. Louis as an aviation mecca.
(b) To memorialize the pioneer spirit.
(c) To honor his patron's origins.
(d) To honor his birthplace.
5. What did Charles Lindbergh prefer to do during college?
(a) Build airplanes.
(b) Study engineering.
(c) Help his father with politics.
(d) Race motorcycles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Lindbergh's policy about a parachute on the transatlantic flight?
2. How much was the Orteig prize?
3. What does Lindbergh say about reporters in chapter 5?
4. Who insisted that Charles Lindbergh attend college?
5. What does Denenberg say Lindbergh felt about camera men?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)