|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Charles Lindbergh do while he was an air mail pilot?
(a) Improve air mail reliability.
(b) Perform dangerous stunts.
(c) Display a talent for management.
(d) Crash twice.
2. How did Charles Lindbergh help his father's political campaign?
(a) By organizing his campaign.
(b) By driving him around the country.
(c) By soliciting support for him.
(d) By writing for his advertisements.
3. Where did Lindbergh want to put the fuel tank?
(a) Behind the engine.
(b) Behind the pilot.
(c) Beneath the pilot.
(d) In the wing.
4. What was the make of the first plane bought?
(a) A Curtis Pusher.
(b) A Gypsy Moth.
(c) A Curtis Jenny.
(d) A Wright Flyer.
5. Why did C.A. Lindbergh change his name when he came to the U.S.?
(a) He was afraid of persecution.
(b) He did not want his family to find him.
(c) He wanted to fit in.
(d) His given name was too common.
Short Answer Questions
1. What drew Lindbergh to the facility where he learned to fly?
2. Why were lessons few and far between at the Ray Page's Flying School?
3. Where was The Spirit of St. Louis built?
4. What did Charles Lindbergh prefer to do during college?
5. What happened to Charles Lindbergh's family when he was three and a half years old?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)