|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did police attend Lindbergh's departure for Europe?
(a) To ask him about a murder in New York.
(b) To make sure his flight plan was acceptable.
(c) To control the crowds.
(d) To protect him from assassination attempts.
2. Why did Lindbergh leave from this airport?
(a) It would help protect him from publicity.
(b) It was furthest east.
(c) It was paved.
(d) It had a long runway.
3. Who were Lindbergh's competition for the Orteig prize?
(b) American military engineers.
(c) French air force pilots.
(d) Individual pilots.
4. Who built The Spirit of St. Louis?
5. Who insisted that Charles Lindbergh attend college?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(c) He himself did.
(d) His grandfather.
Short Answer Questions
1. What goal did Lindbergh ask the manufacturers to aim for with The Spirit of St. Louis?
2. Why did Lindbergh nearly die from his stunt?
3. What was the Orteig prize for?
4. How does Denenberg describe Lindbergh in front of cameras?
5. What business were Orville and Wilbur Wright in, when they invented the airplane in 1903?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)