|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Lindbergh fly without, on his transatlantic flight?
(a) A wristwatch.
(b) A fuel gauge.
(c) A rudder.
(d) A log book.
2. What was Lindbergh's policy about a parachute on the transatlantic flight?
(a) He carried a very lightweight parachute.
(b) He did not carry one.
(c) He carried a life raft instead.
(d) He had a parachute built for the plane in case of failure.
3. Where did Charles Lindbergh inherit his love of machinery?
(a) His father.
(b) His paternal great-grandfather.
(c) His maternal grandfather.
(d) His paternal grandfather.
4. Why did C.A. Lindbergh change his name when he came to the U.S.?
(a) He wanted to fit in.
(b) His given name was too common.
(c) He was afraid of persecution.
(d) He did not want his family to find him.
5. What goal did Lindbergh ask the manufacturers to aim for with The Spirit of St. Louis?
(a) As sleek as possible.
(b) As light as possible.
(c) As fast as possible.
(d) As strong as possible.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did C.A. Lindbergh settle in the U.S.?
2. Where was The Spirit of St. Louis built?
3. What was the advantage of this placement for the fuel tank?
4. What was C.A. Lindbergh's birth name?
5. When did Charles Lindbergh acquire his own plane?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)