|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What business were Orville and Wilbur Wright in, when they invented the airplane in 1903?
(d) Bicycle mechanics.
2. What decision did C.A. Lindbergh and his wife make for the sake of his career?
(a) To move to Washington D.C.
(b) Not to divorce.
(c) To start a family.
(d) Not to have any more children.
3. What was the advantage of this placement for the fuel tank?
(a) It removed the need for a fuel pump.
(b) It was safer for the pilot.
(c) It was closer to the center of gravity.
(d) It was closer to the center of lift.
4. Why were lessons few and far between at the Ray Page's Flying School?
(a) Page was an alcoholic, and his flying days were few and far between.
(b) Page had difficulty keeping his craft in flying condition.
(c) Page was always traveling around looking for schemes for making money.
(d) Page had been spooked when he saw a friend die in a plane crash.
5. What was the Orteig prize for?
(a) A flight to 40,000 feet.
(b) A transcontinental flight.
(c) A transatlantic flight.
(d) An outside loop.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Lindbergh nearly die from his stunt?
2. What did Lindbergh fly without, on his transatlantic flight?
3. What would Charles Lindbergh do for Erold Bahl?
4. How does Denenberg describe Lindbergh in front of cameras?
5. What was the make of the first plane bought?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)