|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of celebration was Lindbergh treated to in New York?
(a) A christening at a new airport.
(b) A dance party.
(c) A ticker tape parade.
(d) An honorary doctorate.
2. How successful was Lindbergh in his own barnstorming career?
(a) He would have been forgotten except for his dangerous stunts.
(b) He did not make money, but he learned a lot.
(c) His skills attracted the notice of corporate sponsors.
(d) He made a fortune.
3. What happened to The Spirit of St. Louis after Lindbergh landed?
(a) Lindbergh wrecked it on landing.
(b) Souvenir-seekers tore it apart.
(c) It caught fire.
(d) Police impounded it.
4. What was Lindbergh's nickname?
(a) Wrong-way Lindy.
(b) Lucky Lindy.
(c) Last-minute Lindy.
(d) Laughing Lindy.
5. What did the media call the Lindberghs' estate in Hopewell?
(a) The Flyers' Rest.
(b) The Eagle's Nest.
(c) The Estate.
(d) The Old Wings Home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Erold Bahl?
2. Why were lessons few and far between at the Ray Page's Flying School?
3. Where did Lindbergh greet a crowd after sleeping in Paris?
4. Why did Lindbergh name his plane The Spirit of St. Louis?
5. What goal did Lindbergh ask the manufacturers to aim for with The Spirit of St. Louis?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)