|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Lindbergh nearly die from his stunt?
(a) The plane he was walking over to nearly hit him.
(b) His plane nearly hit a building.
(c) His second parachute opened late.
(d) He stepped through the wing, and almost fell.
2. How would you describe the crowd that came to see Lindbergh take off for Europe?
(a) A few judges and fellow pilots.
(b) A small group and a reporter.
(d) A couple of friends.
3. What did Lindbergh accept from President Coolidge?
(a) An invitation to visit the White House.
(b) A ticker tape parade.
(c) An award.
(d) An invitation to return to the U.S. on an America cruiser.
4. How much was the Orteig prize?
5. How much was Lindbergh estimated to have earned as a result of his transatlantic flight?
(b) $1 million.
(c) $3 million.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Harry Knight?
2. What was the make of the first plane bought?
3. What kind of celebration was Lindbergh treated to in New York?
4. What drew Lindbergh to the facility where he learned to fly?
5. What was 'the Lindy'?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)