|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had Lindbergh brought with him on account of this worry?
(a) Letters of introduction.
(c) A pistol.
(d) Identification papers.
2. Who had Lindbergh expected to meet him?
(a) His wife.
(b) Thronging crowds.
(c) A handful of reporters.
3. What does Denenberg say Lindbergh received in the mail after returning to the U.S.?
(a) Marriage proposals.
(b) Book deals.
(c) Business proposals.
4. How much was Lindbergh estimated to have earned as a result of his transatlantic flight?
(b) $3 million.
(c) $1 million.
5. What was the estimate of the size of the crowd that saw Lindbergh land?
(a) Between 10,000 and 20,000.
(b) Between 60,000 and 70,000.
(c) Between 20,000 and 100,000.
(d) Between 25 and 30 people.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much was the Orteig prize?
2. Where did Lindbergh take The Spirit of St. Louis on its first flight?
3. What was the advantage of this placement for the fuel tank?
4. Who was Dr. Carrell?
5. What was Lindbergh's policy about a parachute on the transatlantic flight?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)