|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the result of the controversy?
(a) Air mail became a federal service.
(b) Air mail was regulated.
(c) Air mail contracts were bid on first.
(d) Air mail remained privatized.
2. What was Lindbergh's policy about a parachute on the transatlantic flight?
(a) He had a parachute built for the plane in case of failure.
(b) He did not carry one.
(c) He carried a life raft instead.
(d) He carried a very lightweight parachute.
3. What was the Lindberghs' second child's name?
4. How much did it cost to built The Spirit of St. Louis?
5. What goal did Lindbergh ask the manufacturers to aim for with The Spirit of St. Louis?
(a) As light as possible.
(b) As fast as possible.
(c) As strong as possible.
(d) As sleek as possible.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Lindbergh handle the requests for product endorsements?
2. What were the Lindberghs criticized for, by making this trip?
3. Where was The Spirit of St. Louis built?
4. What happened to the flyers who set out for the Orteig prize before Lindbergh?
5. What was the subject of the controversy Lindbergh was embroiled in in 1934?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)