|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of Bible camp are Annie and Amy sent to in the summers?
2. What color is bauxite, or aluminum ore?
3. What is the name of the marble statue Annie visits every Saturday?
(a) Man Sleeping.
(b) Man Walking.
(c) Man Rejoicing.
(d) Man Thinking.
4. At which summer camp does Annie watch robins fledge with her friend, Judy Schoyer?
(a) Camp Roger.
(b) Golden Arrow.
(c) Birch Run.
(d) Paw Paw.
5. What does Annie credit for luring her out of her troubled teenage years?
(a) Religious faith.
(b) Personal perserverance.
(c) Her parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Annie "memorize" the faces of her suspects?
2. Which of the following great lakes did Annie grow up nearest to?
3. What does Annie find most fascinating when reading biographies?
4. Where did the Carnegie family emigrate from?
5. According to Annie Dillard's studies, how old is the earth?
Short Essay Questions
1. What dangerous prank does Annie play on a local streetcar?
2. Why does the mother Mrs. McVicker had in a jar fascinate Annie so thoroughly?
3. What advice about dancing does Mother give to Annie before she attends the Sewickley Dance?
4. How does Annie feel about her mother's position in life?
5. How are Annie's views on the realities of WWII different than her views of the French-Indian War?
6. What does Annie find most fascinating about the French-Indian War?
7. Why is Annie labeled a "troubled child" while in her teens?
8. What happens during the air raid drills in Annie's school?
9. What Bible verse strikes a particular cord with Annie and her imagination?
10. How does Opa die?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)