|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Andrew Carnegie when he became superintendent of the Pennsylvania railroad?
2. How long does Annie reckon her family can live solely on the food in their freezer?
(a) Two months.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Two years.
(d) Two days.
3. How old is Mother when her own father died?
4. What type of car does Annie drive as a teenager?
(a) A Ford Bronco.
(b) A Jeep Wagoneer.
(c) A Dodge convertible.
(d) A Buick LaSabre.
5. Which of the following is NOT a piece of equipment Annie uses to make her bug collection?
(a) A trophy display case.
(b) A killing jar.
(c) Glass-headed pins.
(d) A net.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following rocks is Annie's favorite?
2. What is the name of the marble statue Annie visits every Saturday?
3. What city is the focus of Annie's thoughts in the epilogue of the memoir?
4. How does Annie feel about having to attend church on Sundays?
5. Which of the following is NOT a topic Annie studied in her free time?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Annie's views on the realities of WWII different than her views of the French-Indian War?
2. Who are Louis Pasteur and Jonas Salk?
3. How does Opa die?
4. What fantasies about food rationing does Annie frequently have as a child?
5. What experience with butterflies stops Annie from continuing with her insect collection?
6. What types of things does Mother fight for within her social circles?
7. Why is Annie labeled a "troubled child" while in her teens?
8. What does Annie imagine life would be like if an atom bomb were dropped on her neighborhood?
9. Who does Annie fall in love with while at the Sewickley Dance?
10. What happens during Annie's last visit with Oma?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)