|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the man who first owned Annie's rock collection?
(a) Mr. Righty.
(b) Mr. Lefty.
(c) Mr. Uppey.
(d) Mr. Downey.
2. While studying about WWII, what is a constant fantasy in Annie's mind?
(a) Having to live off food rations.
(b) Freeing Jews from the concentration camps.
(c) Marrying a foreign soldier.
(d) Being the one to set off an atomic bomb.
3. At which summer camp does Annie watch robins fledge with her friend, Judy Schoyer?
(a) Golden Arrow.
(b) Paw Paw.
(c) Birch Run.
(d) Camp Roger.
4. In which state did scientists find blue beryl crystals from 18-27 feet long?
(d) South Carolina.
5. What is the last word Opa mutters before he dies?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Annie credit for luring her out of her troubled teenage years?
2. Who inherited the billion-dollar company Andrew Carnegie started?
3. Which of the following governmental positions did Andrew Mellon hold in his lifetime?
4. Which of the following authors was good friends with Andrew Carnegie, and wrote to him in regards to the much needed river dam in the city?
5. What color is bauxite, or aluminum ore?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Annie think the collection of fall leaves exemplifies in the imagination of children?
2. Who is Annie's date to the Sewickley Dance, and what do they do together?
3. Who are Louis Pasteur and Jonas Salk?
4. How does the introduction of streetcars alter the topography of Annie's neighborhood?
5. What happens to Oma after Opa died?
6. How are Annie's views on the realities of WWII different than her views of the French-Indian War?
7. Why does the mother Mrs. McVicker had in a jar fascinate Annie so thoroughly?
8. Which of Giacometti's sculptures most inspires Annie as an artist, and why?
9. What happens during the air raid drills in Annie's school?
10. How does Opa die?
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)