|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color hair does the boy have that Annie first falls in love with?
2. As a teenager, what is Annie shocked to see had gotten so large in the boys of classroom?
(a) Their hearts.
(b) Their egos.
(c) Their feet.
(d) Their hands.
3. Which of the following is NOT a book Annie read while studying WWII?
(a) The Wall.
(b) Mein Kompf.
(c) The Diary of a Young Girl.
4. What was Andrew Carnegie's job when he first moved to Pittsburgh?
(a) He was a chimney sweep.
(b) He was a garbage collector.
(c) He was a messenger.
(d) He was a bobbin boy.
5. Which of the following is NOT a topic Annie studied in her free time?
Short Answer Questions
1. On what part of their body do the girls in Annie's class typically use to compare their tans?
2. What event injures Annie, putting her in crutches with two busted knees?
3. What does Annie claim she seeks most when she picks up a book?
4. Which of the following is NOT something Annie thinks all martyr's carry in their heart?
5. Which of the following mountain ranges cuts through Pennsylvania?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Annie feel about her mother's position in life?
2. How are Annie's views on the realities of WWII different than her views of the French-Indian War?
3. Who are Louis Pasteur and Jonas Salk?
4. What fantasies about food rationing does Annie frequently have as a child?
5. How does Annie start her insect collection?
6. Who does Annie fall in love with while at the Sewickley Dance?
7. How does Annie claim her world changes when she turns sixteen?
8. How does the introduction of streetcars alter the topography of Annie's neighborhood?
9. What experience with butterflies stops Annie from continuing with her insect collection?
10. How does Annie feel seeing the boys from the Sewickley Dance at church the following Sunday?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)