|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following rocks is Annie's favorite?
(a) Dark wavy serpentine.
(b) Pale oolite.
(c) Ruby granites.
(d) Dry red cinnabar.
2. Where is the place Annie most frequently met boys?
(a) On the street corner.
(b) At the mall.
(c) At the country club.
(d) At the movie theater.
3. Which of the following mountain ranges cuts through Pennsylvania?
(a) Appalachian Mountains.
(b) Bighorn Mountains.
(c) Rocky Mountains.
(d) Laramie Mountains.
4. What type of free classes does Annie take every Saturday for four years at the Carnegie Music Hall?
(a) Piano lessons.
(b) Singing lessons.
(c) Dance lessons.
(d) Art lessons.
5. Which of the following is NOT a city where boys of good crop come from?
(d) Fox Chapel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Annie claim that young children have no sense of?
2. What does Annie claim she seeks most when she picks up a book?
3. Why does Annie stop visiting Oma so abruptly?
4. How old was Andrew Carnegie when he became superintendent of the Pennsylvania railroad?
5. What major thing does Annie quit when she is a teenager?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens during the air raid drills in Annie's school?
2. Who does Annie fall in love with while at the Sewickley Dance?
3. How does Annie feel about her mother's position in life?
4. What realization about death does Annie have while reading biographies?
5. What fantasies about food rationing does Annie frequently have as a child?
6. What advice about dancing does Mother give to Annie before she attends the Sewickley Dance?
7. Who is Andrew Carnegie, and what impact did he have on the city of Pittsburgh?
8. What does Annie think the collection of fall leaves exemplifies in the imagination of children?
9. What types of things does Mother fight for within her social circles?
10. What practical joke does Mother play on an unsuspecting young couple at the zoo?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)