|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Annie reckon her family can live solely on the food in their freezer?
(a) Two years.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Two months.
(d) Two days.
2. What type of free classes does Annie take every Saturday for four years at the Carnegie Music Hall?
(a) Piano lessons.
(b) Singing lessons.
(c) Dance lessons.
(d) Art lessons.
3. What does Annie love about the Bible verses she memorizes as a child?
(a) The images.
(b) The promises.
(c) The strength.
(d) The lyricism.
4. On what part of their body do the girls in Annie's class typically use to compare their tans?
(a) Their hands.
(b) Their faces.
(c) Their legs.
(d) Their arms.
5. What emotion does Annie say drives her during her teenage years?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many rocks does Annie gather in her collection?
2. Which of the following diseases did Louis Pasteur and Jonas Salk find a cure for?
3. What type of Bible camp are Annie and Amy sent to in the summers?
4. Where did the Carnegie family emigrate from?
5. How old was Andrew Carnegie when he became superintendent of the Pennsylvania railroad?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Annie claim her world changes when she turns sixteen?
2. What advice about dancing does Mother give to Annie before she attends the Sewickley Dance?
3. What reactions does Annie get from passers-by when she runs down the street trying to fly?
4. Why does the mother Mrs. McVicker had in a jar fascinate Annie so thoroughly?
5. How does Annie feel about her mother's position in life?
6. Who does Annie fall in love with while at the Sewickley Dance?
7. What practical joke does Mother play on an unsuspecting young couple at the zoo?
8. How does Annie feel seeing the boys from the Sewickley Dance at church the following Sunday?
9. How are Annie's views on the realities of WWII different than her views of the French-Indian War?
10. What realization about death does Annie have while reading biographies?
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)