|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the firm where Annie's father works?
(a) American Standard.
(b) American Apparel.
(c) American Refuge.
(d) American Values.
2. What does Mother do for a living?
(a) She is a writer.
(b) She is a teacher.
(c) She is a nurse.
(d) She is a housewife.
3. What ethnicity are the Sheehys?
4. When Annie is fixated on the war, what does she look up into the sky, searching for?
5. Which of the following men invented the stove in Philadelphia in 1753?
(a) Thomas Edison.
(b) Benjamin Franklin.
(c) Alexander Cape.
(d) Thomas Jefferson.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which city does Annie's father finally give up his dream and return home?
2. Which of the following natural disasters affects Annie's neighborhood as a child?
3. Whose rights does Mother spend her lifetime fighting for?
4. Which book by Robert Lewis Stevenson is Annie reading when her father announces he will be taking a trip down the Mississippi?
5. Which of the following instruments signals the evening news on the Dillard family radio?
Short Essay Questions
1. What realizations about consciousness does Annie Dillard make while struggling with bouts of insomnia as a child?
2. What is Annie shocked to realize when she first attempts to draw her baseball mitt ?
3. What is Annie Dillard's father's greatest dream in life?
4. What happened when Annie is caught throwing snowballs at a car?
5. What jobs does Father have after he returns from his failed trip down the Mississippi?
6. How does Oma feel about Annie scrounging for money on the beach?
7. Why isn't Annie allowed to play with the Sheehy children?
8. How does Father react when Annie digs up an old coin in the alleyway near their home?
9. What fascinates Annie most about the library books she checks out?
10. As she is drawing, what realization does Annie come to about the way children view the world?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)