|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following items does Annie find while digging in an alley near her home?
(a) An Indian arrowhead.
(b) A seashell.
(c) An old coin.
(d) A piece of pottery.
2. In which century was the city of Pittsburgh founded?
(a) 18th century.
(b) 17th century.
(c) 19th century.
(d) 16th century.
3. What do Annie and her friend place on a train track, just to see what would happen?
(a) A baby doll.
(b) A penny.
(c) An egg.
(d) A rock.
4. What does Annie throw at a car as a child?
(a) A book.
(b) A rock.
(c) A snowball.
(d) A baseball.
5. When the middle-aged woman sees Annie trying to fly, how does she react?
(a) She looks at her with embarrassment.
(b) She encourages her with her eyes.
(c) She ignores her completely.
(d) She tells her she looks like a bird.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Annie when her parents move to a new house on Richland Lane?
2. What is the first object Annie attempts to draw in still-life?
3. What position did Father have during the war when he was fighting?
4. What does Annie claim is at the forefront of her thoughts, and world, as a child?
5. How does Annie feel when she is approached by homeless people in the park?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Mother's favorite joke about the brick and the little black poodle?
2. How does Annie Dillard describe Pittsburgh in the 18th century?
3. As she is drawing, what realization does Annie come to about the way children view the world?
4. How do Annie's parents feel about jokes in the home?
5. How does Annie feel about the boys she takes dance lessons with in school?
6. How does Mother react to Father's desire to travel down the river?
7. How does Annie perform when she plays baseball with the boys?
8. How does Henry greet Annie and her mother when he spots them at the Homewood Library?
9. How does the Dillard family react when a tornado comes roaring through their neighborhood?
10. What is Annie Dillard's father's greatest dream in life?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)