|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which city does Annie's father finally give up his dream and return home?
(b) Green Bay.
2. Which of the following types of birds does Annie describe as "red, green, and yellow - nested in the dark forest" of Pennsylvania?
3. What famous park is Annie forbidden from visiting by her father?
(a) Ascot Park.
(b) Central Park.
(c) Redfern Park.
(d) Frick Park.
4. How does the driver of the car Annie attacked react?
(a) He called Annie's parents.
(b) He ignored the attack and continued driving.
(c) He shouted vulgarities from the car window.
(d) He chased Annie through the neighborhood.
5. How old is Annie when she first borrowes "The Fields and Streams of Pittsburgh" from the library?
(a) 12 years old.
(b) 10 years old.
(c) 16 years old.
(d) 14 years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mother think when Oma's butler picks Annie up at the library and swings her around in front of his friends?
2. Which of the following horror movies does Annie's father have an acting role in?
3. Where does Annie go to watch the effects of the disaster on her neighborhood?
4. What do Annie and her friend place on a train track, just to see what would happen?
5. Why isn't Annie allowed to play with the Sheehy children?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Henry greet Annie and her mother when he spots them at the Homewood Library?
2. How does Annie feel about the boys she takes dance lessons with in school?
3. How does Annie feel about the Catholic religion as a child?
4. What jobs does Father have after he returns from his failed trip down the Mississippi?
5. How does Annie Dillard describe Pittsburgh in the 18th century?
6. What is Father's role in the film "Night of the Living Dead"?
7. Why does Annie Dillard's father leave home for a few months when she is a small girl, and what brings him back?
8. What realizations about consciousness does Annie Dillard make while struggling with bouts of insomnia as a child?
9. What happened when Annie is caught throwing snowballs at a car?
10. How does Annie describe life for the typical family after WWII?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)