|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who inherited the billion-dollar company Andrew Carnegie started?
(a) Andrew Carnegie II.
(b) Drue Heinz.
(c) Henry Clay Frick.
(d) J.P. Morgan.
2. Which of the following great lakes did Annie grow up nearest to?
(a) Lake Superior.
(b) Lake Ontario.
(c) Lake Erie.
(d) Lake Huron.
3. After Opa dies, who does Oma move in with?
(a) An old friend.
(b) Her daughter.
(c) Her son.
(d) Her sister.
4. How old is Annie the last time she visits Oma?
5. What is the word Annie discovers during her rock tests that means "to fly away"?
6. Which of the following industries did Andrew Carnegie start in Pittsburgh?
7. On what part of their body do the girls in Annie's class typically use to compare their tans?
(a) Their hands.
(b) Their faces.
(c) Their legs.
(d) Their arms.
8. Where is the ghetto Annie is most interested in when studying WWII?
(a) Berlin, Germany.
(b) Warsaw, Poland.
(c) Stockholm, Sweeden.
(d) Moscow, Russia.
9. In which suburb of Pittsburgh did Andrew Carnegie live as a boy?
(c) Squirrel Hill.
10. What is the oldest rock known to man?
(a) The Daschund yellowstone.
(b) The redstone Retriever.
(c) The Dalmation bluestone.
(d) The Labrador greenstone.
11. At which summer camp does Annie watch robins fledge with her friend, Judy Schoyer?
(a) Camp Roger.
(b) Birch Run.
(c) Golden Arrow.
(d) Paw Paw.
12. How old is Mother when her own father died?
13. Which of the following is NOT a book Annie read while studying WWII?
(b) The Diary of a Young Girl.
(c) The Wall.
(d) Mein Kompf.
14. What is the name of Annie's friend who acts as a detective with her?
15. Why does Annie stop visiting Oma so abruptly?
(a) Because Oma starts crying.
(b) Becaue Annie is bored with her family.
(c) Because Oma dies.
(d) Because Oma forbids vistors.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which state did scientists find blue beryl crystals from 18-27 feet long?
2. Which of the following is NOT a piece of equipment Annie uses to make her bug collection?
3. While studying about WWII, what is a constant fantasy in Annie's mind?
4. How does Annie feel about the rock collection when she inherits it?
5. Where did the Carnegie family emigrate from?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)