|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While on the island with her father, what does Annie realize for the first time?
(a) That her father is human, just like her.
(b) That her father has his own dreams.
(c) That her father doesn't always tell the truth.
(d) That her father is a man.
2. During air raid drills in school, where are the students expected to "duck and cover"?
(a) In the school hallways.
(b) In the basement of the school.
(c) Under their desks.
(d) In the school gymnasium.
3. How many rocks does Annie gather in her collection?
4. How old is Annie the last time she visits Oma?
5. What emotion does Annie say drives her during her teenage years?
6. Which of the following is NOT a book Annie read while studying WWII?
(a) The Diary of a Young Girl.
(c) Mein Kompf.
(d) The Wall.
7. In which suburb of Pittsburgh did Andrew Carnegie live as a boy?
(d) Squirrel Hill.
8. Which of the following is NOT a city where boys of good crop come from?
(c) Fox Chapel.
9. What type of free classes does Annie take every Saturday for four years at the Carnegie Music Hall?
(a) Singing lessons.
(b) Piano lessons.
(c) Dance lessons.
(d) Art lessons.
10. Where is the place Annie most frequently met boys?
(a) At the mall.
(b) At the movie theater.
(c) At the country club.
(d) On the street corner.
11. In what industry did Andrew Mellon make his millions of dollars?
12. How old is Mother when her own father died?
13. What type of Bible camp are Annie and Amy sent to in the summers?
14. How does Annie "memorize" the faces of her suspects?
(a) She quickly sketches their faces.
(b) She takes a real photograph with her new film camera.
(c) She memorizes sentences describing them.
(d) She takes a mental photograph.
15. What does Annie credit for luring her out of her troubled teenage years?
(b) Her parents.
(c) Religious faith.
(d) Personal perserverance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of tumor does Opa battle until he finally dies?
2. Where was Gene Stratton Porter, the author of "Moths of the Limberlost" born?
3. What event injures Annie, putting her in crutches with two busted knees?
4. When Annie remembers her emotions as a teenager, what does she compare them to?
5. What is the last word Opa mutters before he dies?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)