|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who inherited the billion-dollar company Andrew Carnegie started?
(a) Andrew Carnegie II.
(b) Drue Heinz.
(c) Henry Clay Frick.
(d) J.P. Morgan.
2. What emotion does Annie say drives her during her teenage years?
3. On what part of their body do the girls in Annie's class typically use to compare their tans?
(a) Their legs.
(b) Their hands.
(c) Their arms.
(d) Their faces.
4. During air raid drills in school, where are the students expected to "duck and cover"?
(a) In the school hallways.
(b) In the school gymnasium.
(c) Under their desks.
(d) In the basement of the school.
5. How old is Annie the last time she visits Oma?
6. Which of the following mountain ranges cuts through Pennsylvania?
(a) Bighorn Mountains.
(b) Appalachian Mountains.
(c) Rocky Mountains.
(d) Laramie Mountains.
7. While studying about WWII, what is a constant fantasy in Annie's mind?
(a) Marrying a foreign soldier.
(b) Being the one to set off an atomic bomb.
(c) Having to live off food rations.
(d) Freeing Jews from the concentration camps.
8. What is the oldest rock known to man?
(a) The Labrador greenstone.
(b) The Daschund yellowstone.
(c) The redstone Retriever.
(d) The Dalmation bluestone.
9. What does Annie love about the Bible verses she memorizes as a child?
(a) The images.
(b) The strength.
(c) The promises.
(d) The lyricism.
10. What is the name of the man who first owned Annie's rock collection?
(a) Mr. Uppey.
(b) Mr. Downey.
(c) Mr. Righty.
(d) Mr. Lefty.
11. What color hair does the boy have that Annie first falls in love with?
12. In which state did scientists find blue beryl crystals from 18-27 feet long?
(d) South Carolina.
13. Which of the following books did Paul de Kruif write?
(b) The Natural Way to Draw
(c) Microbe Hunters.
(d) Fields, Streams, and Ponds.
14. What is the one time Oma remembers Opa being angry with her?
(a) When she was driving.
(b) When she was cooking.
(c) When she was cleaning.
(d) When she was dancing.
15. Which of the following governmental positions did Andrew Mellon hold in his lifetime?
(a) Secretary of Defense.
(b) Justice of the Peace.
(c) Secretary of Treasury.
(d) Attorney General.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what industry did Andrew Mellon make his millions of dollars?
2. Which of the following is NOT a city where boys of good crop come from?
3. What does cracked arsenic smell like?
4. For what problem does Annie meet with her pastor to discuss?
5. What does Annie claim that young children have no sense of?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)