|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of car does Oma's friend Maria drive?
(a) A Porsche.
(b) A BMW.
(c) A Cadillac.
(d) A Mustang.
2. How does Annie "memorize" the faces of her suspects?
(a) She takes a real photograph with her new film camera.
(b) She quickly sketches their faces.
(c) She memorizes sentences describing them.
(d) She takes a mental photograph.
3. Which of the following books did Paul de Kruif write?
(a) The Natural Way to Draw
(b) Fields, Streams, and Ponds.
(c) Microbe Hunters.
4. Where is the moth in Annie's fifth grade class kept?
(a) In an aquarium.
(b) In a brown paper bag.
(c) In a box.
(d) In a jar.
5. What does Annie find most fascinating when reading biographies?
(a) That they all ended with death.
(b) That all these characters were real people.
(c) That one individual could have such an eventful life.
(d) That her own life was boring in comparison.
6. What type of poets are Annie's favorite?
7. According to Annie Dillard's studies, how old is the earth?
(a) 1.7 billion years old.
(b) 6.2 billion years old.
(c) 4.8 billion years old.
(d) 5.9 billion years old.
8. What is the name of Annie's fifth grade teacher?
(a) Mrs. Callaghy.
(b) Mrs. DeYoung.
(c) Mrs. Finster.
(d) Mrs. McVicker.
9. In which state did scientists find blue beryl crystals from 18-27 feet long?
(a) South Carolina.
10. What was Andrew Carnegie's job when he first moved to Pittsburgh?
(a) He was a chimney sweep.
(b) He was a bobbin boy.
(c) He was a messenger.
(d) He was a garbage collector.
11. What is the one time Oma remembers Opa being angry with her?
(a) When she was cleaning.
(b) When she was cooking.
(c) When she was dancing.
(d) When she was driving.
12. How many rocks does Annie gather in her collection?
13. Which of the following is NOT a city where boys of good crop come from?
(c) Fox Chapel.
14. How many libraries did Andrew Carnegie build in his lifetime?
15. What does cracked arsenic smell like?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of tumor does Opa battle until he finally dies?
2. How old is Annie the last time she visits Oma?
3. Which of the following insects slides into Annie's nightgown while she was reading, making her skin crawl?
4. What is the word Annie discovers during her rock tests that means "to fly away"?
5. What does Annie love about the Bible verses she memorizes as a child?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)