|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What injury did Father sustain while fighting in the war?
(a) Broken leg.
(b) Heart attack.
(c) Collapsed lung.
(d) Shattered ribs.
2. How does Annie's father plan to travel to the city of his dreams?
(a) By plane.
(b) By car.
(c) By boat.
(d) On foot.
3. Which of the following horror movies does Annie's father have an acting role in?
(a) Children of the Corn.
(c) Night of the Living Dead.
(d) Friday the 13th.
4. After returning from the Mississippi, where does Annie's father find a job?
(a) At a televisions station.
(b) At a radio station.
(c) At a film studio.
(d) At a newspaper.
5. What is the topic of the first book Annie borrows from a friend's house?
6. How does Annie feel when she is approached by homeless people in the park?
7. In Mother's favorite joke, the one that takes two days to tell, what does the little black poodle bring back to the train car?
(a) The newspaper.
(b) The lady's hat.
(c) The brick.
(d) The cigar.
8. What sport does Annie play throughout her childhood?
9. What is the name of the African-American man who works for Oma at the lake house?
10. When the business man sees Annie trying to fly, how does he react?
(a) He tells her she looks like a bird.
(b) He looks at her with embarrassment.
(c) He ignores her completely.
(d) He encourages her with his eyes.
11. Where does Annie go to watch the effects of the disaster on her neighborhood?
(a) The basement.
(b) The roof.
(c) The kitchen window.
(d) The bomb shelter.
12. How does Annie feel about her mother's intelligence?
(a) She feels her mother's intelligence is hidden beneath her beauty.
(b) She feels her mother is funny, but not very intelligent.
(c) She feels her mother's intelligence could rival the greatest thinkers of her time.
(d) She feels her mother's intelligence is wasted.
13. What is the Lambert family, of Somerset township, famous for?
(a) Extreme racism.
(b) Religious vigor.
(c) Heavy drinking.
14. During which decade does Annie's childhood take place?
15. What does Annie throw at a car as a child?
(a) A rock.
(b) A book.
(c) A baseball.
(d) A snowball.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Annie when she runs down the street, trying to fly?
2. Which of the following best describes Pittsburgh when it first sprung up as a settlement?
3. Which of the following types of music is Annie's father most interested in?
4. Which of the following is NOT an adjective Annie uses to describe the boys at her weekly lessons?
5. Which of the following natural disasters affects Annie's neighborhood as a child?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)