|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is Annie's father away, traveling to his dream city?
(a) Three months.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Three years.
(d) Three days.
2. What ethnicity are the Sheehys?
3. Which of the following characters is known for giving telemarketers false information when they call?
4. What is the name of Amy's friend who lets Annie ride on the back of his bicycle?
5. Which of the following men does Annie fear through her childhood, comparing him to a raven that scattered curses?
(a) Mr. Mariangdom.
(b) Averroes Nix.
(c) Father O'Reilly.
(d) Doc Hall.
6. How old are Annie's parents when Annie thinks they are "saggy and decrepit"?
(a) In their forties.
(b) In their twenties.
(c) In their fifties.
(d) In their thirties.
7. What is Mother's ethnic heritage?
8. How does Annie feel when she is approached by homeless people in the park?
9. Which of the following best describes Pittsburgh when it first sprung up as a settlement?
(a) Filled with wildflower fields.
(b) Mountainous, stony landscape.
(c) Bare and deserted.
(d) Covered with trees and vegetation.
10. To which city does Annie's father dream of traveling to?
(a) New York City.
(b) Las Vegas.
(c) New Orleans.
11. What injury did Father sustain while fighting in the war?
(a) Collapsed lung.
(b) Shattered ribs.
(c) Broken leg.
(d) Heart attack.
12. Which of the following men invented the stove in Philadelphia in 1753?
(a) Thomas Edison.
(b) Benjamin Franklin.
(c) Alexander Cape.
(d) Thomas Jefferson.
13. How tall is Annie's father?
14. When Annie Dillard imagines everything leaving her brain, what is the one thing she thinks will remain?
(a) Her own name.
(b) The state capitals.
(d) The faces of her loved ones.
15. After returning from the Mississippi, where does Annie's father find a job?
(a) At a newspaper.
(b) At a radio station.
(c) At a televisions station.
(d) At a film studio.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following modes of transportation is the newest edition to Annie's neighborhood in the late 1950's?
2. What does Mother do for a living?
3. Which of the following is NOT an adjective Annie uses to describe the boys at her weekly lessons?
4. Which of the following libraries does Annie visit regularly, and note the sign on the entrance that states "Free to the People"?
5. Which of the following sports does Jo Anne Sheehy participate in?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)