|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Annie's father plan to travel to the city of his dreams?
(a) On foot.
(b) By boat.
(c) By car.
(d) By plane.
2. How long is Annie's father away, traveling to his dream city?
(a) Three months.
(b) Three years.
(c) Three days.
(d) Three weeks.
3. What do Annie and her friend place on a train track, just to see what would happen?
(a) A rock.
(b) A baby doll.
(c) An egg.
(d) A penny.
4. Which of the following modes of transportation is the newest edition to Annie's neighborhood in the late 1950's?
5. What is the name of Amy's friend who lets Annie ride on the back of his bicycle?
6. During which decade does Annie's childhood take place?
7. When Annie is fixated on the war, what does she look up into the sky, searching for?
8. Which of the following is NOT a name of one of the Dillard girls?
9. What fascinates Annie most about the book "The Fields and Streams of Pittsburgh"?
(a) The author's names.
(b) The paper binding.
(c) The photograph on the cover.
(d) The check-out card.
10. Which of the following sports does Jo Anne Sheehy participate in?
(a) Field hockey.
(c) Ice skating.
(d) Water polo.
11. Which of the following wars is Annie first interested in?
(b) The Civil War.
(c) The French-Indian War.
12. How many rivers meet at the center of Pittsburgh?
13. While at the zoo, what lie does Mother tell to a young man and his wife?
(a) That the man has stolen Mother's wallet.
(b) That Annie is the man's daughter.
(c) That Mother used to babysit the man when he was a child.
(d) That the man is Mother's long-lost son.
14. What position did Father have during the war when he was fighting?
15. Which of the following characters is described as "filled with various quaint sayings, stories, lyrics from songs"?
(c) Jo Anne Sheehy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What religion does the Sheehy family practice?
2. Which of the following items does Annie find while digging in an alley near her home?
3. Which of the following types of birds does Annie describe as "red, green, and yellow - nested in the dark forest" of Pennsylvania?
4. During which season of the year do Annie and her sisters move in with their grandparents?
5. What does Annie claim is at the forefront of her thoughts, and world, as a child?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)