|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the three young people notice a man running a bulldozer?
(a) In the empty lot next to the music store.
(b) In the empty lot by Lindsey's aunt's house.
(c) Behind the warehouse.
(d) On the street near Marketplace.
2. What does Colin do while Hassan and Lindsey are out?
(a) Talk to his mother.
(b) Finish some college applications.
(c) Write bad poetry to Katherine XIX.
3. What is Hassa reviewing the next morning when Colin comes downstairs?
(a) Profit and loss statements.
(b) The New Yorker.
(c) The Wall Street Journal.
(d) The Confederate.
4. What does Colin say will eventually swallow everyone up?
(a) The past.
(b) The mystery.
(c) The present.
(d) The future.
5. What does Colin say to Lindsey's boyfriend in reply?
(a) That they will not say anything.
(b) That they left Colin's father at the beginning of the hunt.
(c) That Hassan does not want to see his father yet.
(d) That they had just seen Lindsey.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hassan say he is not going to work?
2. What does an elderly woman at the nursing home say that seems to impact Lindsey emotionally?
3. Where does Hollis tell Hassan and Colin Lindsey is spending the night?
4. What is Lindsey doing when she goes into the bathroom and cries?
5. What does Colin finish when the three young people return home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the fight that starts by Hassan playing the confessions of Katrina and Colin that Hassan recorded.
2. How does Colin prepare for the pig hunt and where do they meet the other hunters?
3. How does Hollis explain Roy's actions with the bulldozer?
4. Describe the incident that Hassan and Colin have with the feral pig.
5. What stories does Colin tell Lindsey and what do they do before leaving the cave?
6. Who are the boys supposed to interview the day after the fight?
7. What does Hollis tell Colin and Hassan about Lindsey when they get home from Memphis?
8. Why does Hassan say he is not going to work that Thursday?
9. What does Lindsey say she thinks she can fix for Colin?
10. What is Hollis' long-plan for keeping the factory going and the town in operation?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)