|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Colin decide to burn?
(a) All his letters from his previous Katherines.
(b) His theorem notebook.
(c) A poem he wrote Katherine I.
(d) His last letter from Katherine XIX.
2. To what status does Colin refer when speaking to Hassan?
(a) Colin's status as the nineteenth Colin in his family.
(b) Colin's status as an only child.
(c) Colin's status as a prodigy.
(d) Colin's status as a track star.
3. What does Colin overhear Hassan and Lindsey discussing?
(a) About Hassan not wanting to go to college.
(b) About Lindsey's plan to break up with her current boyfriend.
(c) About Hassan's attraction to Colin's sister.
4. What does Hassan want when he first wakes?
(a) A donut.
(b) To know what time it is.
5. What does Lindsey convince Colin to let her do?
(a) Hold his notebook for a few days.
(b) Talk to Katherine XII.
(c) Play him a song about lost love.
(d) Go with him to the movies.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Colin when he started reading on his own?
2. What does Colin hear as he wakes the next morning?
3. How many times has this same event occurred to Colin in the past?
4. Where are Colin's parents when they are first mentioned?
5. What does Colin tell Hassan?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Colin decide to do while waiting for dinner?
2. When did Colin meet Hassan and to what does Colin relate most of his thoughts?
3. What does Hassan do in order to be able to go back to the Hollis home earlier than they are supposed to?
4. Whose grave is advertised when Colin and Hassan decide to exit off the interstate?
5. What does Hollis say Colin and Hassan will do for their job?
6. Who is waiting for Colin when he gets out of the shower and what do they tell Colin?
7. What happened when Colin's parents enroll him in a pre-school?
8. What is Colin doing at the opening of the novel and what is he upset about?
9. What are Colin and Hassan supposed to do that day and what do they accomplish?
10. Why does Hassan seem to think that Colin's problem is spiritual?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)