Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Colin do when Hassan pulls off the road after they leave the factory?
(a) Calls Katherine the XIX.
(b) Writes a short poem.
(c) Gathers a bunch of daisies.
(d) Meditates in a field of daisies.
2. From where did Starnes retire?
(a) He is a self-employed writer and still works.
(b) The sheriff's office.
(c) The factory in Gutshot.
(d) He was a self-employed farmer.
3. What are Hassan and Lindsey doing when Colin joins them?
(a) Watching poker on t.v.
(b) Creating a work schedule.
(c) Playing dominoes.
(d) Giving the dog a bath.
4. What does Colin do as Hassan and Lindsey are playing?
(a) Works on his Katherines theorem.
(c) Takes a nap.
(d) Writes on his theory of the middle of the Universe.
5. What does the narrator say about the fable, "The Tortoise and the Hare"?
(a) That Colin was akin to the tortoise in his studies.
(b) That Colin could read the story but not grasp its underlying meaning.
(c) That Colin was like the hare in that he was always in a hurry.
(d) That it inspires Colin from an early age.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asked Colin if he wants to be her boyfriend?
2. To what status does Colin refer when speaking to Hassan?
3. What does Hassan think is the answer to Colin's problems?
4. Who is Hassan?
5. Where are Colin's parents when they are first mentioned?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Colin as they are following their tour guide behind the store and who helps him?
2. What do Lindsey and Colin discuss before bedtime?
3. What does Hassan say some of the teens plan to do during the upcoming weekend.
4. What was Colin's first date with Katherine IXI?
5. Where does the tour of the famous grave begin and who gives the tour?
6. What will happen between Colin and Lindsey according to Colin's theorem?
7. Why does Hassan say he is not going to work that Thursday?
8. What do Colin and Hassan do first thing the morning after the fight and what does Lindsey say about the fight?
9. What conversation do Lindsey and Colin overhear when they arrive home?
10. Who is Katrina with in the cemetery and what does he do when Hassan and Colin make their presence known?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)