|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Colin when he started reading on his own?
(a) 16 months.
(b) 6 years.
(c) 25 months.
(d) 3 years.
2. In what State do Colin and Hassan stop for their first rest?
(c) West Virginia.
3. What does Colin do as he is waiting on the ground behind the convenience store?
(a) Calls Katherine XIX.
(b) Calls his mother.
(c) Plays cards with Hassan.
(d) Sketches in a small notebook.
4. Whose grave do Colin and Hassan decide to stop at?
(a) Archduke Franz Ferdinand.
(b) Margaret Mitchell.
(d) Flannery O'Connor.
5. Where do Colin and Hassan decide to go after gaining permission from their parents?
(a) Washington, D. C.
(b) The West Coast.
(d) They do not know.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hassan want when he first wakes?
2. What story does the convenience clerk tell Hassan and Colin?
3. What does Hassan do in order to go back to Hollis' house early?
4. What town does Hollis want to research its history?
5. For how many years has Starnes worked at the same place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What sounds does Colin wake to a week after Hassan has a beer with Lindsey?
2. Where does Colin say he is going and where does he actually go?
3. What conversation do Lindsey and Colin overhear when they arrive home?
4. What happens to Colin as they are following their tour guide behind the store and who helps him?
5. How does Colin respond to what his father tells him when Colin gets out of the shower?
6. What do Hassan and Colin do on their fifth day in Gutshot?
7. What does Colin remember about himself when he was 25 months old?
8. Where does the tour of the famous grave begin and who gives the tour?
9. What do Lindsey and Colin drink in the cave?
10. What does Hassan admit to Colin about Katrina?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)