|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Colin's father say about Colin's last girlfriend?
(a) She is not worth grieving over.
(b) They met her at the hot dog stand.
(c) She called Colin's father's cell phone.
(d) She is at the front door.
2. Where was Colin's first date with Katherine IXI?
(a) A brain bowl.
(b) A coffee shop.
(c) A football game.
(d) The park.
3. What do Hassan and Lindsey decide to play?
(a) A trivia game.
(b) A video game.
4. What role does the clerk at the convenient store play besides as cashier?
(b) Tour guide.
(c) Gas pumper.
5. Who is going to be teaching at summer camp?
(b) Hassan after they get back.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the boys stop at a convenience store?
2. Where does the psychologist work that Colin's parents consult?
3. Where do Colin and Hassan go after talking to Colin's parents?
4. What do Colin and Lindsey discuss when she checks on Colin?
5. How is the person in the grave the boys visit portrayed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Colin think about as he is lying on the ground waiting for the tour guide to return?
2. What is the notebook that Colin sketches in while waiting for the tour guide to return?
3. Who is waiting for Colin when he gets out of the shower and what do they tell Colin?
4. What does Hassan do in order to be able to go back to the Hollis home earlier than they are supposed to?
5. What is Colin doing at the opening of the novel and what is he upset about?
6. Why does Hassan seem to think that Colin's problem is spiritual?
7. What does Starnes say when Colin, Hassan and Linsey interview him?
8. What happens when Colin talks to Katherine and what does he do as a result of the conversation?
9. What approach do Hassan and Colin use on Hassan's father to gain permission for the trip?
10. How does Colin respond to what his father tells him when Colin gets out of the shower?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)