Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where did Starnes retire?
(a) He is a self-employed writer and still works.
(b) He was a self-employed farmer.
(c) The factory in Gutshot.
(d) The sheriff's office.
2. Whose grave do Colin and Hassan decide to stop at?
(a) Archduke Franz Ferdinand.
(b) Margaret Mitchell.
(d) Flannery O'Connor.
3. Why does Hollis recognize Colin?
(a) She does not recognize Colin.
(b) From a game show.
(c) From a book Colin wrote.
(d) From a video game Colin wrote.
4. Why do the boys stop at a convenience store?
(a) They see an advertisement for a free map.
(b) It is where the start of the grave is.
(c) They see an advertisement for free gas.
(d) To ask directions to the cemetery.
5. Where was Colin's first date with Katherine IXI?
(a) The park.
(b) A brain bowl.
(c) A football game.
(d) A coffee shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Zeke?
2. Where are Colin's parents when they are first mentioned?
3. How much pay could Colin and Hollis earn at the factory?
4. What does Colin remember about his third grade tutor?
5. How do other children treat Colin in his first few years of school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the notebook that Colin sketches in while waiting for the tour guide to return?
2. Who are the boys supposed to interview the day after the fight?
3. How does Colin keep himself awake while driving and why is that ironic?
4. How does Colin respond to what his father tells him when Colin gets out of the shower?
5. What does Hassan propose to Colin's parents and what do they reply?
6. Describe the incident that Hassan and Colin have with the feral pig.
7. What conversation do Lindsey and Colin overhear when they arrive home?
8. Where does Lindsey go after interviewing Starnes?
9. Who is waiting for Colin when he gets out of the shower and what do they tell Colin?
10. How do Colin and Hassan get separated from the others?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)