|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hollis recognize Colin?
(a) From a video game Colin wrote.
(b) She does not recognize Colin.
(c) From a game show.
(d) From a book Colin wrote.
2. Why does Colin believe he is past the prime of his life?
(a) Because he cannot imagine meeting a 20th Katherine.
(b) Because prodigies generally peak at 12 or 13 years.
(c) Because he lost a debate to a kid who is younger than he.
(d) Because he finds a gray hair in his head.
3. What are Hassan and Lindsey doing when Colin joins them?
(a) Creating a work schedule.
(b) Watching poker on t.v.
(c) Playing dominoes.
(d) Giving the dog a bath.
4. Who is Hollis?
(a) Another clerk in the convenience store.
(b) The store clerk's mother.
(c) Another tourist visiting the gravesite.
(d) A hitchhiker Colin and Hassan pick up.
5. What does the tour guide see written in Colin's notebook?
(b) The words "Ipso facto."
(c) A picture of Katherine I.
(d) A poem written in German.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Colin seem to notice in almost everything around him?
2. What role does the clerk at the convenient store play besides as cashier?
3. For how long has Starnes lived in Gutshot?
4. What does the narrator say about the fable, "The Tortoise and the Hare"?
5. What will Colin and Hassan do in their job that summer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Hassan seem to think that Colin's problem is spiritual?
2. What are Colin and Hassan supposed to do that day and what do they accomplish?
3. What does Hollis say Colin and Hassan will do for their job?
4. What happens to Colin as they are following their tour guide behind the store and who helps him?
5. How does Colin keep himself awake while driving and why is that ironic?
6. What happened when Colin's parents enroll him in a pre-school?
7. What do all of Colin's former girlfriends have in common besides having dated Colin?
8. Where does Lindsey go after interviewing Starnes?
9. What do Hassan and Colin discuss concerning prodigies and geniuses?
10. What does Colin overhear Hassan and Lindsey talking about and what do the three young people do that evening?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)