|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how long has Starnes lived in Gutshot?
(a) His whole life.
(b) A few months.
(c) Since he was forty-one.
(d) A few years.
2. Where are Colin's parents when they are first mentioned?
(a) Sitting on his bed.
(b) Swimming in the ocean also.
(c) Down in the basement fighting about Colin.
(d) Looking at the pictures of Colin ex-girlfriends on his wall.
3. For how many years has Starnes worked at the same place?
(d) Just a couple months.
4. Why does Hollis recognize Colin?
(a) From a video game Colin wrote.
(b) She does not recognize Colin.
(c) From a game show.
(d) From a book Colin wrote.
5. What does Hollis offer Colin and Hassan?
(b) Free work on their car problem.
(d) Some sandwhiches for the road.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Colin reminded of by the smell at the first person's house that the three young people go to for interviews?
2. What does Colin do as Hassan and Lindsey are playing?
3. In what State do Colin and Hassan stop for their first rest?
4. Where does Lindsey take Colin and Hassan on their first day of working?
5. From where did Starnes retire?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Colin call his mother?
2. What is the notebook that Colin sketches in while waiting for the tour guide to return?
3. What happened when Colin's parents enroll him in a pre-school?
4. What does Colin think about as he is lying on the ground waiting for the tour guide to return?
5. What does Hassan propose to Colin's parents and what do they reply?
6. What are Colin and Hassan supposed to do that day and what do they accomplish?
7. What does Hollis say Colin and Hassan will do for their job?
8. What is Colin doing at the opening of the novel and what is he upset about?
9. Who is waiting for Colin when he gets out of the shower and what do they tell Colin?
10. What approach do Hassan and Colin use on Hassan's father to gain permission for the trip?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)