|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hassan do at the opening to Chapter 2?
(a) Calls Colin on his cell phone.
(b) Smashes some flowers near the curb with his car.
(c) Comes into Colin's room.
(d) Puts a mouse in Colin's family's mailbox.
2. What does the tour guide saying she is training to become?
(a) A car mechanic.
(b) A beautician.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A paramedic.
3. What does Colin do as Hassan and Lindsey are playing?
(a) Takes a nap.
(b) Writes on his theory of the middle of the Universe.
(d) Works on his Katherines theorem.
4. What is Hassan's response to what Colin tells him?
(a) That Colin can move in with him.
(b) To snap out of it.
(c) That the mouse was already dead.
(d) That it was a lousy job anyway.
5. What does Hassan take Colin to do at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) Improve Colin's state of mind.
(b) Play baseball with some other friends.
(c) Research at the library.
(d) Look for a new girlfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What town does Hollis want to research its history?
2. For how long has Starnes lived in Gutshot?
3. What was the name of the tour guides first and only boyfriend?
4. In what State do Colin and Hassan stop for their first rest?
5. What does Colin's father say he, his mother and Katherine all have in common?
Short Essay Questions
1. Whose grave is advertised when Colin and Hassan decide to exit off the interstate?
2. Where does Lindsey go after interviewing Starnes?
3. What happens to Colin as they are following their tour guide behind the store and who helps him?
4. What does Hassan propose to Colin's parents and what do they reply?
5. How does Colin respond to what his father tells him when Colin gets out of the shower?
6. What is Colin doing at the opening of the novel and what is he upset about?
7. What do all of Colin's former girlfriends have in common besides having dated Colin?
8. Why does Hassan seem to think that Colin's problem is spiritual?
9. What do Hassan and Colin discuss concerning prodigies and geniuses?
10. What happened when Colin's parents enroll him in a pre-school?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)