|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Colin's pre-school tell his parents?
(a) That Colin is emotionally challenged.
(b) That Colin needs to tone down his behavior.
(c) That they were not equipped to work with geniuses.
(d) That Colin is a great asset to the school.
2. What does Colin do when he goes into his bathroom after talking to his father?
(a) Throws up.
(c) Cuts his arm.
3. Where do Colin and Hassan decide to go after gaining permission from their parents?
(a) The West Coast.
(c) They do not know.
(d) Washington, D. C.
4. What does Colin say is a result of his nearsightedness?
(a) His continual tripping.
(b) The inability to see the future.
(c) The need to wear really thick glasses.
(d) The ability to block out distractions.
5. How many employees do Hassan and Colin interview at the plant that day?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the boys stop at a convenience store?
2. What does the narrator say about the fable, "The Tortoise and the Hare"?
3. What does Hassan do at the opening to Chapter 2?
4. Who is Hassan?
5. In what grade is Colin when he meets his first Katherine?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Colin doing at the opening of the novel and what is he upset about?
2. Why does Hassan seem to think that Colin's problem is spiritual?
3. Who is waiting for Colin when he gets out of the shower and what do they tell Colin?
4. How does Colin keep himself awake while driving and why is that ironic?
5. How does Colin respond to what his father tells him when Colin gets out of the shower?
6. Where does Lindsey go after interviewing Starnes?
7. What does Hollis offer Hassan and Colin?
8. What is the notebook that Colin sketches in while waiting for the tour guide to return?
9. What approach do Hassan and Colin use on Hassan's father to gain permission for the trip?
10. Who is in the convenience store when Colin and Hassan return from the grave and what does the person say to Colin?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)