|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Colin's parents when they are first mentioned?
(a) Sitting on his bed.
(b) Swimming in the ocean also.
(c) Down in the basement fighting about Colin.
(d) Looking at the pictures of Colin ex-girlfriends on his wall.
2. In what grade is Colin when he meets his first Katherine?
3. From where did Starnes retire?
(a) The factory in Gutshot.
(b) He is a self-employed writer and still works.
(c) He was a self-employed farmer.
(d) The sheriff's office.
4. For how long has Starnes lived in Gutshot?
(a) Since he was forty-one.
(b) A few years.
(c) His whole life.
(d) A few months.
5. When does the latest Katherine break up with Colin?
(a) At a party two weeks after graduation.
(b) Two days after the end of the current school year.
(c) Graduation night.
(d) A week before the end of the current school year.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hassan think is the answer to Colin's problems?
2. What does Colin seem to notice in almost everything around him?
3. What does Colin's father say about Colin's last girlfriend?
4. What does Hassan do at the opening to Chapter 2?
5. How many times has this same event occurred to Colin in the past?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Colin remember about himself when he was 25 months old?
2. What does Hassan do in order to be able to go back to the Hollis home earlier than they are supposed to?
3. What does Hassan propose to Colin's parents and what do they reply?
4. How does Colin keep himself awake while driving and why is that ironic?
5. What is the notebook that Colin sketches in while waiting for the tour guide to return?
6. What does Colin think about as he is lying on the ground waiting for the tour guide to return?
7. What happened when Colin's parents enroll him in a pre-school?
8. Whose grave is advertised when Colin and Hassan decide to exit off the interstate?
9. What happens when Colin talks to Katherine and what does he do as a result of the conversation?
10. Where does the tour of the famous grave begin and who gives the tour?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)