|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Colin believe he is past the prime of his life?
(a) Because he finds a gray hair in his head.
(b) Because he lost a debate to a kid who is younger than he.
(c) Because prodigies generally peak at 12 or 13 years.
(d) Because he cannot imagine meeting a 20th Katherine.
2. How do other children treat Colin in his first few years of school?
(a) They follow him.
(b) They use him.
(c) They ignore him.
(d) They bully him.
3. When does Colin first meet Hassan?
(a) 10th grade.
(b) 9th grade.
(c) 7th grade.
(d) 3rd grade.
4. What happens as Colin is walking behind the convenience store?
(a) He notices the odor of propane.
(b) He twists his ankle.
(c) He falls and hits his head.
(d) He worries about being led into a trap.
5. What does Hassan do after waking?
(b) Calls his parents.
(c) Takes a run.
(d) Writes in his journal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Colin remember about his third grade tutor?
2. How much pay could Colin and Hollis earn at the factory?
3. What does Colin tell Hassan?
4. What does Hollis want Hassan and Colin to do the next day?
5. Where was Colin's first date with Katherine IXI?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Colin and Hassan supposed to do that day and what do they accomplish?
2. Why does Hassan seem to think that Colin's problem is spiritual?
3. What is Colin doing at the opening of the novel and what is he upset about?
4. What happened when Colin's parents enroll him in a pre-school?
5. How does Colin respond to what his father tells him when Colin gets out of the shower?
6. How does Colin keep himself awake while driving and why is that ironic?
7. What happens when Colin talks to Katherine and what does he do as a result of the conversation?
8. What does Colin remember about himself when he was 25 months old?
9. What does Hollis offer Hassan and Colin?
10. What approach do Hassan and Colin use on Hassan's father to gain permission for the trip?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)