|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Colin say Hassan cannot make Colin do?
(a) Go hunting.
(b) Give up Katherine XIX.
(c) Find a girlfriend with a different name.
(d) Go home yet.
2. What does Lindsey's boyfriend say to Colin and Hassan?
(a) That Lindsey is looking for them.
(b) That they better not reveal what they saw in the graveyard.
(c) That Hassan's father is there.
(d) That Colin's father is looking for them.
3. Why does Hassan say he is not going to work?
(a) Because Hollis goes to the factory on Thursdays.
(b) Because he does not feel well.
(c) Because he has no clean clothes.
(d) Because it is a religious holiday.
4. What does Colin do while Hassan and Lindsey are out?
(a) Write bad poetry to Katherine XIX.
(b) Finish some college applications.
(d) Talk to his mother.
5. What do Colin and Hassan check out upon first waking in Chapter 17?
(a) If Lindsey's boyfriend has come by to apologize.
(b) Whether Lindsey is alive.
(c) If Katrina has called Hassan as she said she would.
(d) Each other's wounds from the fight the day before.
6. What does Hassan say he has done for the next semester?
(a) Gotten a job in the bookstore at the community college.
(b) Asked his aunt to live with her family and go to school there.
(c) Enrolled in two college courses.
(d) Applied to a school in California.
7. What does Colin continue to do in Chapter 13?
(a) Argue with Hassan.
(b) Work on his theorem.
(d) Avoid Hollis.
8. Who does Colin and Hassan find as they are walking through the graveyard?
(a) Lindseyand Colin's father.
(b) Katrina and Colin.
(c) Katrina with some guy they do not know.
(d) Lindsey with Colin.
9. Who is really buried in the grave that is said to be the Archduke's?
(a) No one.
(b) Lindsey's great grandfather.
(c) Lindsey's great-great grandfather.
(d) The founder of Gutshot.
10. For how many Katherines does Colin's theorem work?
11. What is Lindsey doing when she goes into the bathroom and cries?
(a) Yelling at Katrina.
(b) Finishing the interview with Mabel.
(c) Confronting the other Colin.
(d) Thanking Matthew for standing up to Colin the day before.
12. Who do Colin and Hassan follow on the hunt?
(a) Lindsey's boyfriend.
(b) No one.
(c) Lindsey's boyfriend's father.
13. Who is Hollis talking to when Colin and Lindsey arrive back at Lindsey's house?
14. What does Hassan tell Colin they are going to do over the weekend?
(a) Go to a truck smash.
(b) Go to watch roller derby.
(c) Hunt pigs with some of Lindsey's friends.
(d) Go to a skating rink.
15. What may Hollis be doing that is illegal?
(a) Tax evasion.
(b) Hiring illegal aliens.
(c) Disposing of trash in a field.
(d) Not paying social security on Hassan and Colin's wages.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was considered the prettiest girl in Colin's class in his junior year?
2. What does an elderly woman at the nursing home say that seems to impact Lindsey emotionally?
3. What do Lindsey and Hassan share at some friends' house?
4. Why does Colin read up on wild hogs?
5. What does Lindsey think was a way of Hollis raising money?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)