|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Colin go down to the game room in Lindsey's house?
(a) To play pool.
(b) To find Lindsey and Hassan.
(c) To find a pair of boxing gloves.
(d) To see if the video program he wrote is accurate.
2. Why does Hassan say he is not going to work?
(a) Because he does not feel well.
(b) Because it is a religious holiday.
(c) Because he has no clean clothes.
(d) Because Hollis goes to the factory on Thursdays.
3. Where do the three young people decide to go to eat instead of the place they first chose?
(a) Taco Bell.
(b) Burger King.
4. What does Lindsey tell Colin she did?
(a) Read his notebook.
(b) Talked to Colin's mother.
(c) Asked her mother to let them work another week.
(d) Called Katherine XIX.
5. What may Hollis be doing that is illegal?
(a) Tax evasion.
(b) Hiring illegal aliens.
(c) Not paying social security on Hassan and Colin's wages.
(d) Disposing of trash in a field.
6. What does Hassan say about Katrina?
(a) That she keeps flirting with Hassan and he's not interested.
(b) That she makes him mad.
(c) That he kissed her.
(d) That she is a difficult female.
7. What useful bit of information do Colin and Hassan use that they learned during an interview?
(a) That pigs are more likely to run than to attack.
(b) That a pig can only see a range of twenty degees sidewards.
(c) That hogs are more likely to attack than to run.
(d) That chewing tobacco is good for hornet stings.
8. What does Lindsey say to Colin and Hassan at the breakfast table?
(a) That Katrina called and apologized.
(b) That her ex-boyfriend is in jail.
(c) That she is leaving for college in two weeks.
(d) That she does not want to talk about what happened in the graveyard the day before.
9. What does Colin do while Hassan and Lindsey are out?
(b) Talk to his mother.
(c) Finish some college applications.
(d) Write bad poetry to Katherine XIX.
10. What does Colin continue to do in Chapter 13?
(a) Argue with Hassan.
(b) Avoid Hollis.
(d) Work on his theorem.
11. What is Lindsey doing when she goes into the bathroom and cries?
(a) Confronting the other Colin.
(b) Thanking Matthew for standing up to Colin the day before.
(c) Finishing the interview with Mabel.
(d) Yelling at Katrina.
12. What does Lindsey think was a way of Hollis raising money?
(a) Saying the grave was the Archduke's.
(b) Writing a book about Gutshot.
(c) Selling pig meat.
(d) Holding an annual wild boar hunt.
13. How many clients does the factory have according to Hollis?
14. What does Lindsey tell her mother she is going to do with Colin?
(a) Go shopping in Memphis.
(b) Teach him how to rollerblade.
(c) Show him the old flour mill.
(d) Take him out to dinner.
15. Who joins in the effort to help the situation in the graveyard?
(b) No one.
(d) One of Lindsey's boyfriend's friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Hollis tell Hassan and Colin Lindsey is spending the night?
2. What error does Lindsey think Colin is making in his theorem?
3. What wakes Colin up on Thursday morning?
4. Where do Hassan and Colin decide to go eat breakfast?
5. How many days have Colin and Hassan been in Gutshot when they wake in Chapter 17?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)