|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hassan say he is not going to work?
(a) Because it is a religious holiday.
(b) Because he has no clean clothes.
(c) Because he does not feel well.
(d) Because Hollis goes to the factory on Thursdays.
2. What creature does Lindsey say she is similar to when Colin and she are talking in the cave?
3. Who is Katrina?
(a) A girl Hassan is interested in.
(b) Lindsey's younger sister.
(c) Another clerk at the convenience store.
(d) Lindsey's first cousin.
4. Why doesn't Colin end up going out on a date with Marie in his junior year?
(a) Katherine I asks him to help her.
(b) Marie gets ill.
(c) Marie changes her mind.
(d) Colin gets ill.
5. What does Colin do for an hour in the car at their next interview site?
(b) Argue with Katherine XIX on the phone.
(c) Argue with Lindsey.
(d) Work on his theorem.
6. What is Hassa reviewing the next morning when Colin comes downstairs?
(a) The Wall Street Journal.
(b) Profit and loss statements.
(c) The Confederate.
(d) The New Yorker.
7. What do Colin and Hassan check out upon first waking in Chapter 17?
(a) Each other's wounds from the fight the day before.
(b) If Katrina has called Hassan as she said she would.
(c) Whether Lindsey is alive.
(d) If Lindsey's boyfriend has come by to apologize.
8. Why does Lindsey want to go to Memphis?
(a) To buy some cds.
(b) To talk to her ex-boyfriend's mother.
(c) To spy on her mother.
(d) To see if Katrina is still working at the warehouse.
9. What does Hassan record with the machine they have been using for interviews?
(a) Confessions from Lindsey's Colin and Katrina.
(b) The sounds of someone screaming.
(c) The squeal of a wild boar.
(d) The sounds of gunshots.
10. Where do Hassan and Colin decide to go eat breakfast?
(a) Downstairs in the kitchen.
(d) The drugstore counter.
11. What do Hassan and Lindsey go out and do?
(b) Run the dog in the park.
(c) Shop at the mall in the large city near Gutshot.
(d) Play golf frisbee.
12. What does Colin say to Lindsey's boyfriend in reply?
(a) That they will not say anything.
(b) That Hassan does not want to see his father yet.
(c) That they had just seen Lindsey.
(d) That they left Colin's father at the beginning of the hunt.
13. What does Colin think there is room enough to do?
(a) Be who he was.
(b) Reinvent himself.
14. What does Lindsey think she knows how to fix?
(a) Hassan's reluctance to stay there longer.
(b) Colin's shyness.
(c) Hollis' need to control.
(d) Colin's Katherine theorem.
15. What does Hassan say he has done for the next semester?
(a) Gotten a job in the bookstore at the community college.
(b) Enrolled in two college courses.
(c) Applied to a school in California.
(d) Asked his aunt to live with her family and go to school there.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Colin fires at a wild pig?
2. What does Colin say will eventually swallow everyone up?
3. What does Lindsey teach Colin how to do?
4. What does Lindsey tell her mother she is going to do with Colin?
5. What does Hollis tell Colin and Hassan to do on Thursday?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)