|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Lindsey and Hassan share at some friends' house?
(a) Half a bottle of wine.
(b) Some old beef jerky.
(c) A beer.
(d) Stories about being the nerds at school.
2. Where does Hollis drive after visiting the factory?
3. What does Hollis tell Colin and Hassan to do on Thursday?
(b) Write up what they have so far.
(c) Visit the elderly care home.
(d) Go with her to Nashville.
4. What does Lindsey say they could do instead of stopping at their next choice of eating places?
(a) Go back and she'll cook at home.
(b) Go take Mabel out to visit her husband's grave.
(c) Just keep going.
(d) Stop in the middle of the road and be.
5. Who seems to have a memory problem?
(b) Katrina about the night before.
(c) Colin III about the night before.
(d) Ms. Mabel.
6. What does the note from Hollis say?
(a) That there is no one left to interview.
(b) That they are fired.
(c) That they are to patch the spring shed.
(d) That they are to interview Ms. Mabel.
7. What does Hassan tell Colin they are going to do over the weekend?
(a) Go to watch roller derby.
(b) Go to a truck smash.
(c) Hunt pigs with some of Lindsey's friends.
(d) Go to a skating rink.
8. What does Hassan scream in the graveyard?
(a) That he is the greatest hunter on the planet.
(b) That he is breaking up with Katrina.
(c) That he is through with Kentucky girls.
(d) That he is through with hunting.
9. What do Colin and Hassan find as they keep walking?
(a) A dead hog.
(b) A dead raccoon.
(c) Lindsey's secret cave.
(d) An abandoned house.
10. Why does Hassan say he is not going to work?
(a) Because Hollis goes to the factory on Thursdays.
(b) Because it is a religious holiday.
(c) Because he has no clean clothes.
(d) Because he does not feel well.
11. What may Hollis be doing that is illegal?
(a) Tax evasion.
(b) Not paying social security on Hassan and Colin's wages.
(c) Disposing of trash in a field.
(d) Hiring illegal aliens.
12. Why do Colin and Hassan tell the leader to go on without them?
(a) Colin and Hassan cannot keep up.
(b) Colin and Hassan are still sleepy.
(c) Colin and Hassan are hoping to find Lindsey.
(d) Colin and Hassan are hoping not to have to shoot anything.
13. What does Lindsey tell Colin she did?
(a) Talked to Colin's mother.
(b) Called Katherine XIX.
(c) Read his notebook.
(d) Asked her mother to let them work another week.
14. Who is beaten up in the graveyard?
(a) Lindsey and three others.
(c) Lindsey's boyfriend.
(d) No one.
15. What do Colin and Lindsey do before driving back to Lindsey's house?
(a) Argue for a moment.
(b) Hold hands while walking around the cemetary.
(d) Visit the grave.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is really buried in the grave that is said to be the Archduke's?
2. How many days have Colin and Hassan been in Gutshot when they wake in Chapter 17?
3. Where does Lindsey take Colin that is a secret?
4. What does Hassan say he has done for the next semester?
5. What happens when Colin fires at a wild pig?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)