|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What wakes Colin up on Thursday morning?
(a) The rooster is on the windowsill of his bedroom.
(b) Hassan snoring.
(c) Lindsey jumping on his bed.
(d) Hollis is yelling through the door.
2. What does Hollis tell Colin and Hassan to do on Thursday?
(b) Visit the elderly care home.
(c) Write up what they have so far.
(d) Go with her to Nashville.
3. What does Lindsey say to Colin and Hassan at the breakfast table?
(a) That Katrina called and apologized.
(b) That her ex-boyfriend is in jail.
(c) That she is leaving for college in two weeks.
(d) That she does not want to talk about what happened in the graveyard the day before.
4. What do Hassan and Lindsey go out and do?
(b) Play golf frisbee.
(c) Run the dog in the park.
(d) Shop at the mall in the large city near Gutshot.
5. Where do Hassan and Colin decide to go eat breakfast?
(b) The drugstore counter.
(c) Downstairs in the kitchen.
6. What are the persons doing in the graveyard?
(a) Planting flowers on a couple graves.
(b) Having sex.
(c) Looking for a pig that was wounded.
(d) Cleaning a headstone.
7. What is the first thing the three young people notice when they arrive in Memphis?
(a) Hollis' car is at the warehouse.
(b) There are several police cars at the music store.
(c) The warehouse parking lot is empty.
(d) Lindsey's ex-boyfriend's car is in front of his mother's house.
8. Who does Colin think might be forgotten in another 2,400 years?
(a) George Washington.
(d) Attila the Hun.
9. Why does Lindsey want to go to Memphis?
(a) To see if Katrina is still working at the warehouse.
(b) To talk to her ex-boyfriend's mother.
(c) To spy on her mother.
(d) To buy some cds.
10. How many days have Colin and Hassan been in Gutshot when they wake in Chapter 17?
11. Who is Roy?
(a) Lindsey's uncle.
(b) Lindsey's ex-boyfriend's brother.
(c) The man running the bulldozer.
(d) The music store clerk.
12. According to Colin, whose name is anagrammed?
(b) Katherine the XIX.
(c) The Archduke Ferdinand.
(d) Lindsey's great grandfather.
13. What useful bit of information do Colin and Hassan use that they learned during an interview?
(a) That pigs are more likely to run than to attack.
(b) That a pig can only see a range of twenty degees sidewards.
(c) That chewing tobacco is good for hornet stings.
(d) That hogs are more likely to attack than to run.
14. For how many Katherines does Colin's theorem work?
15. Who seems to have a memory problem?
(a) Colin III about the night before.
(c) Katrina about the night before.
(d) Ms. Mabel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What may Hollis be doing that is illegal?
2. Who joins in the effort to help the situation in the graveyard?
3. What does Lindsey tell Colin she did?
4. Why do Colin and Hassan tell the leader to go on without them?
5. What does Hassan tell Colin they are going to do over the weekend?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)