|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What error does Lindsey think Colin is making in his theorem?
(a) Too much emphasis on the girl and not on Colin.
(b) Not enough variables.
(c) Too many variables.
(d) Too much emphasis on name.
2. Where do the three young people decide to go to eat instead of the place they first chose?
(a) Taco Bell.
(b) Burger King.
3. Who seems to have a memory problem?
(a) Ms. Mabel.
(b) Katrina about the night before.
(c) Colin III about the night before.
4. What does Colin do while Hassan and Lindsey are out?
(a) Talk to his mother.
(b) Finish some college applications.
(d) Write bad poetry to Katherine XIX.
5. What does Lindsey do instead of having breakfast with Colin and Hassan?
(a) Go open the convenience store.
(b) Help her mother.
(c) Go visit Mabel.
(d) Go feed the chickens.
6. What is the first thing the three young people notice when they arrive in Memphis?
(a) Hollis' car is at the warehouse.
(b) The warehouse parking lot is empty.
(c) There are several police cars at the music store.
(d) Lindsey's ex-boyfriend's car is in front of his mother's house.
7. Why does Colin read up on wild hogs?
(a) To give Hollis a solution for the hogs that are ruining her farm fields.
(b) To find out if hogs live in the wild in New York.
(c) To prepare for the hunt that weekend.
(d) To find out if hogs are dangerous.
8. Why do Colin and Hassan tell the leader to go on without them?
(a) Colin and Hassan are still sleepy.
(b) Colin and Hassan are hoping not to have to shoot anything.
(c) Colin and Hassan are hoping to find Lindsey.
(d) Colin and Hassan cannot keep up.
9. Who is really buried in the grave that is said to be the Archduke's?
(a) Lindsey's great grandfather.
(b) The founder of Gutshot.
(c) Lindsey's great-great grandfather.
(d) No one.
10. What is the topic of conversation that Colin and Lindsey over hear Hollis having?
(a) About disposing of some trash.
(b) Lindsey's college prospects.
(d) The factory's tax situation.
11. What does Hassan say he has done for the next semester?
(a) Gotten a job in the bookstore at the community college.
(b) Applied to a school in California.
(c) Enrolled in two college courses.
(d) Asked his aunt to live with her family and go to school there.
12. When does Colin get up on Saturday morning?
(a) 6:30 a.m.
(b) Around 10 in the morning.
(c) Just about noon.
(d) 4:30 in the morning.
13. What does Lindsey think was a way of Hollis raising money?
(a) Holding an annual wild boar hunt.
(b) Saying the grave was the Archduke's.
(c) Writing a book about Gutshot.
(d) Selling pig meat.
14. Who will Colin and Hassan interview next?
(a) Hollis' great aunt and uncle.
(b) An elderly ranch hand.
(c) Some of the young people at the fair.
(d) Some people in the old folks' home.
15. Where does Hollis drive after visiting the factory?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Colin continue to do in Chapter 13?
2. What does Hassan scream in the graveyard?
3. Where do the three young people notice a man running a bulldozer?
4. What does an elderly woman at the nursing home say that seems to impact Lindsey emotionally?
5. What does the note from Hollis say?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)