|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Hassan and Colin decide to go eat breakfast?
(b) The drugstore counter.
(c) Downstairs in the kitchen.
2. When does Colin get up on Saturday morning?
(a) Around 10 in the morning.
(b) 6:30 a.m.
(c) Just about noon.
(d) 4:30 in the morning.
3. What does Lindsey's boyfriend say to Colin and Hassan?
(a) That Colin's father is looking for them.
(b) That they better not reveal what they saw in the graveyard.
(c) That Lindsey is looking for them.
(d) That Hassan's father is there.
4. Why does Hassan say he is not going to work?
(a) Because Hollis goes to the factory on Thursdays.
(b) Because it is a religious holiday.
(c) Because he has no clean clothes.
(d) Because he does not feel well.
5. Who does Colin think might be forgotten in another 2,400 years?
(b) George Washington.
(c) Attila the Hun.
6. What does Hassan say he has done for the next semester?
(a) Asked his aunt to live with her family and go to school there.
(b) Applied to a school in California.
(c) Enrolled in two college courses.
(d) Gotten a job in the bookstore at the community college.
7. What does Colin finish when the three young people return home?
(a) A letter to Katherine XIX.
(b) The theorem.
(c) Writing a song.
(d) Tuning Lindsey's guitar.
8. What is the first thing the three young people notice when they arrive in Memphis?
(a) Lindsey's ex-boyfriend's car is in front of his mother's house.
(b) Hollis' car is at the warehouse.
(c) The warehouse parking lot is empty.
(d) There are several police cars at the music store.
9. What may Hollis be doing that is illegal?
(a) Hiring illegal aliens.
(b) Disposing of trash in a field.
(c) Tax evasion.
(d) Not paying social security on Hassan and Colin's wages.
10. What is the topic of conversation that Colin and Lindsey over hear Hollis having?
(a) Lindsey's college prospects.
(b) About disposing of some trash.
(d) The factory's tax situation.
11. What does an elderly woman at the nursing home say that seems to impact Lindsey emotionally?
(a) That the woman knew Lindsey's great-grandmother.
(b) That Hollis is selling some land on the hill.
(c) That Lindsey looks exactly like her father.
(d) That Hollis used to visit the woman as a very young child.
12. Where does Lindsey take Colin that is a secret?
(a) To see some fox cubs.
(b) To a wild bee hive full of honey.
(c) A cave.
(d) To see a building that Hollis' boyfriend is constructing.
13. What does Colin say to Lindsey's boyfriend in reply?
(a) That they will not say anything.
(b) That they had just seen Lindsey.
(c) That Hassan does not want to see his father yet.
(d) That they left Colin's father at the beginning of the hunt.
14. Why doesn't Colin end up going out on a date with Marie in his junior year?
(a) Colin gets ill.
(b) Katherine I asks him to help her.
(c) Marie changes her mind.
(d) Marie gets ill.
15. What do Colin and Lindsey drink when Lindsey shows him the secret?
(c) Honeysuckle nectar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is really buried in the grave that is said to be the Archduke's?
2. What does Colin wake to a week later?
3. What do Hassan and Lindsey go out and do?
4. Why does Lindsey want to go to Memphis?
5. Who seems to have a memory problem?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)