|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does Hassan loan Lindsey so she can keep playing?
(a) A quarter.
(b) A dollar.
(c) 9 cents.
(d) 18 cents.
2. What does Hollis tell Colin and Hassan to do on Thursday?
(a) Go with her to Nashville.
(b) Visit the elderly care home.
(d) Write up what they have so far.
3. What does Lindsey tell Colin she did?
(a) Asked her mother to let them work another week.
(b) Called Katherine XIX.
(c) Talked to Colin's mother.
(d) Read his notebook.
4. What does Colin say to Lindsey's boyfriend in reply?
(a) That they had just seen Lindsey.
(b) That they will not say anything.
(c) That they left Colin's father at the beginning of the hunt.
(d) That Hassan does not want to see his father yet.
5. What is there a place in the brain for knowing?
(a) What cannot be remembered.
(b) The end results of all endeavors.
(c) Everything that has been remembered.
(d) The beginnings of faith.
6. Who seems to have a memory problem?
(a) Katrina about the night before.
(b) Ms. Mabel.
(c) Colin III about the night before.
7. Why is Hollis burying the string?
(a) To keep from firing workers.
(b) It is the cheapest way to dispose of it.
(c) She is not burying string.
(d) It was contaminated.
8. What does Hassan record with the machine they have been using for interviews?
(a) The squeal of a wild boar.
(b) The sounds of someone screaming.
(c) Confessions from Lindsey's Colin and Katrina.
(d) The sounds of gunshots.
9. What happens when Colin fires at a wild pig?
(a) He hits a squirrel.
(b) He wounds the pig but does not kill it.
(c) The recoil knocks him on his rump.
(d) He hits a hornet's nest instead.
10. What does Hassan scream in the graveyard?
(a) That he is through with Kentucky girls.
(b) That he is the greatest hunter on the planet.
(c) That he is breaking up with Katrina.
(d) That he is through with hunting.
11. Who do Colin and Hassan follow on the hunt?
(b) Lindsey's boyfriend's father.
(c) Lindsey's boyfriend.
(d) No one.
12. Who was considered the prettiest girl in Colin's class in his junior year?
(a) Katherine XIX.
(b) Hassan's twin sister.
(d) Hassan's older sister.
13. What does Hassan say he has done for the next semester?
(a) Applied to a school in California.
(b) Gotten a job in the bookstore at the community college.
(c) Enrolled in two college courses.
(d) Asked his aunt to live with her family and go to school there.
14. What does Lindsey's boyfriend say to Colin and Hassan?
(a) That they better not reveal what they saw in the graveyard.
(b) That Lindsey is looking for them.
(c) That Colin's father is looking for them.
(d) That Hassan's father is there.
15. What does Colin say Hassan cannot make Colin do?
(a) Give up Katherine XIX.
(b) Go home yet.
(c) Go hunting.
(d) Find a girlfriend with a different name.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Lindsey and Hassan share at some friends' house?
2. Why does Hassan say he is not going to work?
3. What does Colin do for an hour in the car at their next interview site?
4. What does Lindsey say to Colin and Hassan at the breakfast table?
5. What does the note from Hollis say?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)