|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the three young people decide to go to eat instead of the place they first chose?
(c) Burger King.
(d) Taco Bell.
2. Why does Lindsey want to go to Memphis?
(a) To spy on her mother.
(b) To see if Katrina is still working at the warehouse.
(c) To buy some cds.
(d) To talk to her ex-boyfriend's mother.
3. What does Colin think there is room enough to do?
(a) Be who he was.
(d) Reinvent himself.
4. Who is Hollis talking to when Colin and Lindsey arrive back at Lindsey's house?
5. What does Colin tell Hassan he is going to do?
(a) Find Lindsey.
(b) Go burn his notebook.
(c) Not go to college.
(d) Go camping.
6. What does Hassan do when Lindsey arrives with two other boys?
(a) Tells Lindsey he has to go home with his father.
(b) Shows Lindsey a picture Hassan takes with his cell phone.
(c) Tells Lindsey that Katrina is not a good friend.
(d) Plays the recording he made.
7. What does Lindsey tell her mother she is going to do with Colin?
(a) Teach him how to rollerblade.
(b) Go shopping in Memphis.
(c) Show him the old flour mill.
(d) Take him out to dinner.
8. Who seems to have a memory problem?
(b) Katrina about the night before.
(c) Colin III about the night before.
(d) Ms. Mabel.
9. Why doesn't Colin end up going out on a date with Marie in his junior year?
(a) Colin gets ill.
(b) Marie changes her mind.
(c) Marie gets ill.
(d) Katherine I asks him to help her.
10. What does Lindsey think she knows how to fix?
(a) Hassan's reluctance to stay there longer.
(b) Colin's Katherine theorem.
(c) Colin's shyness.
(d) Hollis' need to control.
11. What does Colin say will eventually swallow everyone up?
(a) The mystery.
(b) The future.
(c) The past.
(d) The present.
12. What do Lindsey and Hassan share at some friends' house?
(a) Half a bottle of wine.
(b) Stories about being the nerds at school.
(c) A beer.
(d) Some old beef jerky.
13. How much does Hassan loan Lindsey so she can keep playing?
(a) A quarter.
(b) 9 cents.
(c) A dollar.
(d) 18 cents.
14. What do Hassan and Lindsey go out and do?
(a) Shop at the mall in the large city near Gutshot.
(b) Play golf frisbee.
(d) Run the dog in the park.
15. Where does Hollis tell Hassan and Colin Lindsey is spending the night?
(a) At Janet's house.
(b) With her cousin Jessica.
(c) At her grandmother's house.
(d) At home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Colin and Hassan tell the leader to go on without them?
2. What does Hassan say of Colin when they fight?
3. Where does Colin go after Lindsey goes to her room?
4. What does Colin wake to a week later?
5. What does Lindsey tell Colin she did?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)