|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lindsey think was a way of Hollis raising money?
(a) Saying the grave was the Archduke's.
(b) Selling pig meat.
(c) Holding an annual wild boar hunt.
(d) Writing a book about Gutshot.
2. Who does Colin think might be forgotten in another 2,400 years?
(a) George Washington.
(d) Attila the Hun.
3. What happens when Colin fires at a wild pig?
(a) He wounds the pig but does not kill it.
(b) The recoil knocks him on his rump.
(c) He hits a squirrel.
(d) He hits a hornet's nest instead.
4. Where does Lindsey take Colin that is a secret?
(a) To a wild bee hive full of honey.
(b) To see some fox cubs.
(c) A cave.
(d) To see a building that Hollis' boyfriend is constructing.
5. What does Lindsey tell Colin she did?
(a) Talked to Colin's mother.
(b) Read his notebook.
(c) Called Katherine XIX.
(d) Asked her mother to let them work another week.
6. Who does Colin and Hassan find as they are walking through the graveyard?
(a) Katrina and Colin.
(b) Lindsey with Colin.
(c) Lindseyand Colin's father.
(d) Katrina with some guy they do not know.
7. What does Colin say to Lindsey's boyfriend in reply?
(a) That they will not say anything.
(b) That they had just seen Lindsey.
(c) That they left Colin's father at the beginning of the hunt.
(d) That Hassan does not want to see his father yet.
8. Where do the three young people decide to go to eat instead of the place they first chose?
(a) Taco Bell.
(b) Burger King.
9. What does Lindsey's boyfriend do?
(a) Hits Katrina.
(b) Runs off.
(c) Screams at Hassan.
(d) Tries to harm Lindsey.
10. What does Hassan scream in the graveyard?
(a) That he is breaking up with Katrina.
(b) That he is through with Kentucky girls.
(c) That he is through with hunting.
(d) That he is the greatest hunter on the planet.
11. What is there a place in the brain for knowing?
(a) Everything that has been remembered.
(b) The end results of all endeavors.
(c) What cannot be remembered.
(d) The beginnings of faith.
12. What does Colin finish when the three young people return home?
(a) Tuning Lindsey's guitar.
(b) A letter to Katherine XIX.
(c) The theorem.
(d) Writing a song.
13. What does Hollis tell Colin and Hassan to do on Thursday?
(a) Visit the elderly care home.
(b) Write up what they have so far.
(c) Go with her to Nashville.
14. Who is Katrina?
(a) Another clerk at the convenience store.
(b) A girl Hassan is interested in.
(c) Lindsey's first cousin.
(d) Lindsey's younger sister.
15. What does Colin do for an hour in the car at their next interview site?
(a) Argue with Lindsey.
(c) Argue with Katherine XIX on the phone.
(d) Work on his theorem.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Hassan been doing with Lindsey when he returns to Lindsey's house?
2. Who do Colin and Hassan follow on the hunt?
3. Why do Colin and Hassan use some chewing tobacco?
4. Who is beaten up in the graveyard?
5. What does Colin say Hassan cannot make Colin do?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)