|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is really buried in the grave that is said to be the Archduke's?
(a) Lindsey's great-great grandfather.
(b) Lindsey's great grandfather.
(c) The founder of Gutshot.
(d) No one.
2. What does an elderly woman at the nursing home say that seems to impact Lindsey emotionally?
(a) That the woman knew Lindsey's great-grandmother.
(b) That Lindsey looks exactly like her father.
(c) That Hollis used to visit the woman as a very young child.
(d) That Hollis is selling some land on the hill.
3. What is the topic of conversation that Colin and Lindsey over hear Hollis having?
(a) About disposing of some trash.
(b) Lindsey's college prospects.
(d) The factory's tax situation.
4. What creature does Lindsey say she is similar to when Colin and she are talking in the cave?
5. Why do Colin and Hassan use some chewing tobacco?
(a) In a spitting contest.
(b) On their hornet stings.
(c) They want to experience the full nuances of the hunt.
(d) To look tough in front of the other guys.
6. What wakes Colin up on Thursday morning?
(a) Hollis is yelling through the door.
(b) The rooster is on the windowsill of his bedroom.
(c) Hassan snoring.
(d) Lindsey jumping on his bed.
7. According to Colin, whose name is anagrammed?
(a) Katherine the XIX.
(b) The Archduke Ferdinand.
(c) Lindsey's great grandfather.
8. What does the note from Hollis say?
(a) That they are to interview Ms. Mabel.
(b) That they are fired.
(c) That they are to patch the spring shed.
(d) That there is no one left to interview.
9. What do Colin and Hassan find as they keep walking?
(a) An abandoned house.
(b) A dead hog.
(c) Lindsey's secret cave.
(d) A dead raccoon.
10. Where does Hollis tell Hassan and Colin Lindsey is spending the night?
(a) With her cousin Jessica.
(b) At her grandmother's house.
(c) At Janet's house.
(d) At home.
11. Where does Colin really go?
(a) To call Katherine XIX and tell her he's over her.
(b) To the basement.
(c) To Lindsey's secret cave.
(d) To put a black snake in the other Colin's car.
12. When does Colin get up on Saturday morning?
(a) 4:30 in the morning.
(b) Around 10 in the morning.
(c) 6:30 a.m.
(d) Just about noon.
13. Why does Lindsey want to go to Memphis?
(a) To spy on her mother.
(b) To buy some cds.
(c) To talk to her ex-boyfriend's mother.
(d) To see if Katrina is still working at the warehouse.
14. What does Colin tell Hassan and Lindsey that he has finished?
(a) The theorem.
(b) His last two college applications.
(c) A song about being in Gutshot.
(d) A short video of some of their interviews.
15. What does Lindsey tell her mother she is going to do with Colin?
(a) Take him out to dinner.
(b) Go shopping in Memphis.
(c) Show him the old flour mill.
(d) Teach him how to rollerblade.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Colin continue to do in Chapter 13?
2. Where does Colin go after Lindsey goes to her room?
3. What has Hassan been doing with Lindsey when he returns to Lindsey's house?
4. What is Hassa reviewing the next morning when Colin comes downstairs?
5. What does Lindsey think was a way of Hollis raising money?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)