|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Colin go down to the game room in Lindsey's house?
(a) To see if the video program he wrote is accurate.
(b) To find Lindsey and Hassan.
(c) To find a pair of boxing gloves.
(d) To play pool.
2. What does Lindsey say they could do instead of stopping at their next choice of eating places?
(a) Go back and she'll cook at home.
(b) Stop in the middle of the road and be.
(c) Go take Mabel out to visit her husband's grave.
(d) Just keep going.
3. What does Colin do while Hassan and Lindsey are out?
(a) Finish some college applications.
(b) Write bad poetry to Katherine XIX.
(d) Talk to his mother.
4. What does Hassan say he has done for the next semester?
(a) Asked his aunt to live with her family and go to school there.
(b) Enrolled in two college courses.
(c) Applied to a school in California.
(d) Gotten a job in the bookstore at the community college.
5. What does Colin think there is room enough to do?
(a) Be who he was.
(c) Reinvent himself.
6. What error does Lindsey think Colin is making in his theorem?
(a) Not enough variables.
(b) Too much emphasis on name.
(c) Too much emphasis on the girl and not on Colin.
(d) Too many variables.
7. What creature does Lindsey say she is similar to when Colin and she are talking in the cave?
8. What is there a place in the brain for knowing?
(a) Everything that has been remembered.
(b) The beginnings of faith.
(c) What cannot be remembered.
(d) The end results of all endeavors.
9. When does Colin get up on Saturday morning?
(a) Just about noon.
(b) 6:30 a.m.
(c) Around 10 in the morning.
(d) 4:30 in the morning.
10. Where does Colin go after Lindsey goes to her room?
(a) To call Katherine XIX.
(b) To watch television in the basement.
(c) To see Hassan.
(d) To sleep.
11. Where does Lindsey take Colin that is a secret?
(a) A cave.
(b) To see some fox cubs.
(c) To see a building that Hollis' boyfriend is constructing.
(d) To a wild bee hive full of honey.
12. What has Hassan been doing with Lindsey when he returns to Lindsey's house?
(a) Taking pictures in the park.
(b) Playing tennis.
(d) Interviewing young people.
13. Who is really buried in the grave that is said to be the Archduke's?
(a) Lindsey's great grandfather.
(b) Lindsey's great-great grandfather.
(c) The founder of Gutshot.
(d) No one.
14. Who is beaten up in the graveyard?
(a) No one.
(c) Lindsey and three others.
(d) Lindsey's boyfriend.
15. What does Hassan tell Colin they are going to do over the weekend?
(a) Go to a truck smash.
(b) Go to watch roller derby.
(c) Hunt pigs with some of Lindsey's friends.
(d) Go to a skating rink.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the three young people go to the other side of town?
2. What does Colin say Hassan cannot make Colin do?
3. What does Lindsey tell Colin she did?
4. What does Colin wake to a week later?
5. What does Hassan do when Lindsey arrives with two other boys?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)