|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hassan say he has done for the next semester?
(a) Gotten a job in the bookstore at the community college.
(b) Applied to a school in California.
(c) Enrolled in two college courses.
(d) Asked his aunt to live with her family and go to school there.
2. Why does Colin go down to the game room in Lindsey's house?
(a) To find Lindsey and Hassan.
(b) To play pool.
(c) To find a pair of boxing gloves.
(d) To see if the video program he wrote is accurate.
3. Where does Hollis tell Hassan and Colin Lindsey is spending the night?
(a) At her grandmother's house.
(b) With her cousin Jessica.
(c) At home.
(d) At Janet's house.
4. Who is beaten up in the graveyard?
(a) Lindsey and three others.
(b) Lindsey's boyfriend.
(d) No one.
5. How long does it take Colin and Hassan to reconcile?
(a) Until the next day.
(b) Within minutes.
(c) After Lindsey plays referee.
(d) They did not fight.
6. What does Hassan record with the machine they have been using for interviews?
(a) The sounds of someone screaming.
(b) Confessions from Lindsey's Colin and Katrina.
(c) The squeal of a wild boar.
(d) The sounds of gunshots.
7. What does Colin continue to do in Chapter 13?
(a) Argue with Hassan.
(b) Avoid Hollis.
(c) Work on his theorem.
8. What creature does Lindsey say she is similar to when Colin and she are talking in the cave?
9. What is Hassa reviewing the next morning when Colin comes downstairs?
(a) The Confederate.
(b) Profit and loss statements.
(c) The New Yorker.
(d) The Wall Street Journal.
10. What does Lindsey tell Colin she did?
(a) Talked to Colin's mother.
(b) Asked her mother to let them work another week.
(c) Read his notebook.
(d) Called Katherine XIX.
11. What does Lindsey's boyfriend say to Colin and Hassan?
(a) That they better not reveal what they saw in the graveyard.
(b) That Lindsey is looking for them.
(c) That Hassan's father is there.
(d) That Colin's father is looking for them.
12. What does Hassan say of Colin when they fight?
(a) Colin is selfish and self-centered.
(b) Colin is the tragic hero type.
(c) Colin is too sensitive.
(d) Colin needs to relax a little.
13. What does Lindsey tell her mother she is going to do with Colin?
(a) Go shopping in Memphis.
(b) Show him the old flour mill.
(c) Take him out to dinner.
(d) Teach him how to rollerblade.
14. What does Lindsey think she knows how to fix?
(a) Hollis' need to control.
(b) Colin's Katherine theorem.
(c) Hassan's reluctance to stay there longer.
(d) Colin's shyness.
15. What does Hassan scream in the graveyard?
(a) That he is through with Kentucky girls.
(b) That he is breaking up with Katrina.
(c) That he is through with hunting.
(d) That he is the greatest hunter on the planet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Colin and Hassan find as they keep walking?
2. What do Colin and Lindsey do before driving back to Lindsey's house?
3. What are the persons doing in the graveyard?
4. Why does Hassan say he is not going to work?
5. What does Hollis tell Colin and Hassan to do on Thursday?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)