|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Colin go after Lindsey goes to her room?
(a) To see Hassan.
(b) To sleep.
(c) To call Katherine XIX.
(d) To watch television in the basement.
2. Who seems to have a memory problem?
(b) Katrina about the night before.
(c) Colin III about the night before.
(d) Ms. Mabel.
3. To what bird does Hassan compare Colin?
4. What do Colin and Hassan check out upon first waking in Chapter 17?
(a) If Katrina has called Hassan as she said she would.
(b) If Lindsey's boyfriend has come by to apologize.
(c) Whether Lindsey is alive.
(d) Each other's wounds from the fight the day before.
5. Where do Hassan and Colin decide to go eat breakfast?
(b) The drugstore counter.
(c) Downstairs in the kitchen.
6. What does Colin say will eventually swallow everyone up?
(a) The past.
(b) The present.
(c) The future.
(d) The mystery.
7. What does Colin finish when the three young people return home?
(a) Writing a song.
(b) A letter to Katherine XIX.
(c) Tuning Lindsey's guitar.
(d) The theorem.
8. Who is Roy?
(a) Lindsey's uncle.
(b) Lindsey's ex-boyfriend's brother.
(c) The man running the bulldozer.
(d) The music store clerk.
9. What does Hassan say about Katrina?
(a) That she is a difficult female.
(b) That she keeps flirting with Hassan and he's not interested.
(c) That he kissed her.
(d) That she makes him mad.
10. What happens when Colin fires at a wild pig?
(a) He hits a squirrel.
(b) He hits a hornet's nest instead.
(c) He wounds the pig but does not kill it.
(d) The recoil knocks him on his rump.
11. Where does Colin really go?
(a) To the basement.
(b) To call Katherine XIX and tell her he's over her.
(c) To Lindsey's secret cave.
(d) To put a black snake in the other Colin's car.
12. What does Lindsey do instead of having breakfast with Colin and Hassan?
(a) Go visit Mabel.
(b) Go open the convenience store.
(c) Go feed the chickens.
(d) Help her mother.
13. Who is beaten up in the graveyard?
(a) Lindsey and three others.
(b) Lindsey's boyfriend.
(d) No one.
14. Why does Colin read up on wild hogs?
(a) To prepare for the hunt that weekend.
(b) To find out if hogs are dangerous.
(c) To find out if hogs live in the wild in New York.
(d) To give Hollis a solution for the hogs that are ruining her farm fields.
15. What does Lindsey's boyfriend say to Colin and Hassan?
(a) That Hassan's father is there.
(b) That they better not reveal what they saw in the graveyard.
(c) That Lindsey is looking for them.
(d) That Colin's father is looking for them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Colin think might be forgotten in another 2,400 years?
2. What does Colin do while Hassan and Lindsey are out?
3. How many days have Colin and Hassan been in Gutshot when they wake in Chapter 17?
4. Why do Colin and Hassan tell the leader to go on without them?
5. Why do Colin and Hassan use some chewing tobacco?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)