|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What may Hollis be doing that is illegal?
(a) Hiring illegal aliens.
(b) Tax evasion.
(c) Disposing of trash in a field.
(d) Not paying social security on Hassan and Colin's wages.
2. Where do the three young people notice a man running a bulldozer?
(a) In the empty lot by Lindsey's aunt's house.
(b) On the street near Marketplace.
(c) In the empty lot next to the music store.
(d) Behind the warehouse.
3. What does Lindsey do instead of having breakfast with Colin and Hassan?
(a) Go feed the chickens.
(b) Go visit Mabel.
(c) Go open the convenience store.
(d) Help her mother.
4. What is the first thing the three young people notice when they arrive in Memphis?
(a) Lindsey's ex-boyfriend's car is in front of his mother's house.
(b) There are several police cars at the music store.
(c) Hollis' car is at the warehouse.
(d) The warehouse parking lot is empty.
5. Who is really buried in the grave that is said to be the Archduke's?
(a) The founder of Gutshot.
(b) No one.
(c) Lindsey's great-great grandfather.
(d) Lindsey's great grandfather.
6. Why does Lindsey want to go to Memphis?
(a) To see if Katrina is still working at the warehouse.
(b) To talk to her ex-boyfriend's mother.
(c) To spy on her mother.
(d) To buy some cds.
7. What does Colin say will eventually swallow everyone up?
(a) The mystery.
(b) The past.
(c) The present.
(d) The future.
8. What does Colin wake to a week later?
(a) The sound of a rooster and Hassan praying.
(b) The ring of his cell phone.
(c) The sound of someone yelling in the backyard.
(d) A loud bang coming from the barn.
9. Where does Hollis tell Hassan and Colin Lindsey is spending the night?
(a) At home.
(b) At her grandmother's house.
(c) At Janet's house.
(d) With her cousin Jessica.
10. What does Colin agree to do the next weekend with Lindsey?
(a) Play Paintball.
(b) Go to a concert in Memphis.
(c) Participate in a croquet tournament.
(d) Go hunting.
11. Who is beaten up in the graveyard?
(a) Lindsey and three others.
(b) Lindsey's boyfriend.
(c) No one.
12. Why does Lindsey teach Colin what she teaches him?
(a) So he can hang a swing over the creek for her.
(b) Just to give him an experience he's never had.
(c) So he is not embarrassed the next weekend.
(d) He is curious about the gears.
13. What does Lindsey teach Colin how to do?
(a) Shoot a bow.
(b) Run the tractor.
(c) Shoot a shotgun.
(d) Tie several types of knots.
14. To what bird does Hassan compare Colin?
15. How many clients does the factory have according to Hollis?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lindsey think she knows how to fix?
2. How many days have Colin and Hassan been in Gutshot when they wake in Chapter 17?
3. What does Hassan say of Colin when they fight?
4. What do Colin and Lindsey do before driving back to Lindsey's house?
5. What does Lindsey think was a way of Hollis raising money?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)