|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Hollis burying the string?
(a) To keep from firing workers.
(b) It is the cheapest way to dispose of it.
(c) It was contaminated.
(d) She is not burying string.
2. What does Lindsey think was a way of Hollis raising money?
(a) Selling pig meat.
(b) Saying the grave was the Archduke's.
(c) Holding an annual wild boar hunt.
(d) Writing a book about Gutshot.
3. What wakes Colin up on Thursday morning?
(a) Hassan snoring.
(b) Lindsey jumping on his bed.
(c) The rooster is on the windowsill of his bedroom.
(d) Hollis is yelling through the door.
4. What do Hassan and Lindsey go out and do?
(a) Shop at the mall in the large city near Gutshot.
(c) Run the dog in the park.
(d) Play golf frisbee.
5. Where does Lindsey take Colin that is a secret?
(a) To see a building that Hollis' boyfriend is constructing.
(b) A cave.
(c) To a wild bee hive full of honey.
(d) To see some fox cubs.
6. What does Lindsey tell Colin she did?
(a) Read his notebook.
(b) Asked her mother to let them work another week.
(c) Talked to Colin's mother.
(d) Called Katherine XIX.
7. Where do the three young people notice a man running a bulldozer?
(a) In the empty lot next to the music store.
(b) On the street near Marketplace.
(c) Behind the warehouse.
(d) In the empty lot by Lindsey's aunt's house.
8. What does Hollis tell Colin and Hassan to do on Thursday?
(a) Go with her to Nashville.
(c) Visit the elderly care home.
(d) Write up what they have so far.
9. How long does it take Colin and Hassan to reconcile?
(a) Until the next day.
(b) They did not fight.
(c) After Lindsey plays referee.
(d) Within minutes.
10. Where does Hollis drive after visiting the factory?
11. What does Lindsey think she knows how to fix?
(a) Colin's shyness.
(b) Hassan's reluctance to stay there longer.
(c) Colin's Katherine theorem.
(d) Hollis' need to control.
12. What do Colin and Hassan find as they keep walking?
(a) An abandoned house.
(b) A dead raccoon.
(c) A dead hog.
(d) Lindsey's secret cave.
13. What do Lindsey and Hassan share at some friends' house?
(a) Some old beef jerky.
(b) Stories about being the nerds at school.
(c) Half a bottle of wine.
(d) A beer.
14. Why doesn't Colin end up going out on a date with Marie in his junior year?
(a) Katherine I asks him to help her.
(b) Marie gets ill.
(c) Marie changes her mind.
(d) Colin gets ill.
15. What does Colin do while Hassan and Lindsey are out?
(a) Finish some college applications.
(c) Talk to his mother.
(d) Write bad poetry to Katherine XIX.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hassan say he is not going to work?
2. Why does Lindsey want to go to Memphis?
3. What does Hassan scream in the graveyard?
4. What happens when Colin fires at a wild pig?
5. Where do the three young people decide to go to eat instead of the place they first chose?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)