|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hassan say he has done for the next semester?
(a) Asked his aunt to live with her family and go to school there.
(b) Enrolled in two college courses.
(c) Gotten a job in the bookstore at the community college.
(d) Applied to a school in California.
2. What creature does Lindsey say she is similar to when Colin and she are talking in the cave?
3. What does Lindsey do instead of having breakfast with Colin and Hassan?
(a) Go open the convenience store.
(b) Go visit Mabel.
(c) Help her mother.
(d) Go feed the chickens.
4. What has Hassan been doing with Lindsey when he returns to Lindsey's house?
(a) Taking pictures in the park.
(b) Playing tennis.
(d) Interviewing young people.
5. What do Colin and Hassan find as they keep walking?
(a) A dead hog.
(b) Lindsey's secret cave.
(c) An abandoned house.
(d) A dead raccoon.
6. Where does Colin go after Lindsey goes to her room?
(a) To sleep.
(b) To see Hassan.
(c) To watch television in the basement.
(d) To call Katherine XIX.
7. What do Lindsey and Hassan share at some friends' house?
(a) Half a bottle of wine.
(b) Some old beef jerky.
(c) A beer.
(d) Stories about being the nerds at school.
8. What does Colin think there is room enough to do?
(a) Be who he was.
(d) Reinvent himself.
9. What does an elderly woman at the nursing home say that seems to impact Lindsey emotionally?
(a) That Hollis used to visit the woman as a very young child.
(b) That Lindsey looks exactly like her father.
(c) That the woman knew Lindsey's great-grandmother.
(d) That Hollis is selling some land on the hill.
10. To what bird does Hassan compare Colin?
11. Why is Hollis burying the string?
(a) She is not burying string.
(b) It was contaminated.
(c) It is the cheapest way to dispose of it.
(d) To keep from firing workers.
12. What does Colin tell Hassan and Lindsey that he has finished?
(a) His last two college applications.
(b) The theorem.
(c) A short video of some of their interviews.
(d) A song about being in Gutshot.
13. What does Lindsey think was a way of Hollis raising money?
(a) Selling pig meat.
(b) Writing a book about Gutshot.
(c) Saying the grave was the Archduke's.
(d) Holding an annual wild boar hunt.
14. Where do the three young people decide to go to eat instead of the place they first chose?
(b) Burger King.
(c) Taco Bell.
15. What does Lindsey tell Colin she did?
(a) Called Katherine XIX.
(b) Read his notebook.
(c) Talked to Colin's mother.
(d) Asked her mother to let them work another week.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lindsey teach Colin what she teaches him?
2. What does Lindsey think she knows how to fix?
3. How many clients does the factory have according to Hollis?
4. Where does Lindsey take Colin that is a secret?
5. Who is Roy?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)