|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Hollis drive after visiting the factory?
2. Why do Colin and Hassan use some chewing tobacco?
(a) On their hornet stings.
(b) In a spitting contest.
(c) They want to experience the full nuances of the hunt.
(d) To look tough in front of the other guys.
3. Who does Colin think might be forgotten in another 2,400 years?
(b) George Washington.
(d) Attila the Hun.
4. What does Lindsey say they could do instead of stopping at their next choice of eating places?
(a) Stop in the middle of the road and be.
(b) Just keep going.
(c) Go take Mabel out to visit her husband's grave.
(d) Go back and she'll cook at home.
5. Why does Lindsey want to go to Memphis?
(a) To talk to her ex-boyfriend's mother.
(b) To buy some cds.
(c) To spy on her mother.
(d) To see if Katrina is still working at the warehouse.
6. To what bird does Hassan compare Colin?
7. What does Colin think there is room enough to do?
(b) Reinvent himself.
(d) Be who he was.
8. How much does Hassan loan Lindsey so she can keep playing?
(a) A dollar.
(b) A quarter.
(c) 9 cents.
(d) 18 cents.
9. What may Hollis be doing that is illegal?
(a) Not paying social security on Hassan and Colin's wages.
(b) Disposing of trash in a field.
(c) Tax evasion.
(d) Hiring illegal aliens.
10. What does Colin continue to do in Chapter 13?
(a) Avoid Hollis.
(b) Work on his theorem.
(c) Argue with Hassan.
11. Why is Hollis burying the string?
(a) It is the cheapest way to dispose of it.
(b) She is not burying string.
(c) To keep from firing workers.
(d) It was contaminated.
12. What is in the place that Hollis goes to after visiting the factory?
(a) A warehouse.
(b) Hollis' sister.
(c) A buyer.
(d) Hollis' elderly mother.
13. What does Colin tell Hassan and Lindsey that he has finished?
(a) A song about being in Gutshot.
(b) The theorem.
(c) His last two college applications.
(d) A short video of some of their interviews.
14. What does Colin do for an hour in the car at their next interview site?
(b) Argue with Katherine XIX on the phone.
(c) Work on his theorem.
(d) Argue with Lindsey.
15. Why doesn't Colin end up going out on a date with Marie in his junior year?
(a) Colin gets ill.
(b) Katherine I asks him to help her.
(c) Marie changes her mind.
(d) Marie gets ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Lindsey and Hassan share at some friends' house?
2. What is the topic of conversation that Colin and Lindsey over hear Hollis having?
3. Where do the three young people decide to go to eat instead of the place they first chose?
4. What does Lindsey's boyfriend do?
5. What does Lindsey tell Colin she did?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)