|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lindsey tell her mother she is going to do with Colin?
(a) Teach him how to rollerblade.
(b) Go shopping in Memphis.
(c) Show him the old flour mill.
(d) Take him out to dinner.
2. What does Colin tell Hassan and Lindsey that he has finished?
(a) His last two college applications.
(b) The theorem.
(c) A short video of some of their interviews.
(d) A song about being in Gutshot.
3. What does Hassan record with the machine they have been using for interviews?
(a) The sounds of gunshots.
(b) The squeal of a wild boar.
(c) The sounds of someone screaming.
(d) Confessions from Lindsey's Colin and Katrina.
4. What is there a place in the brain for knowing?
(a) The beginnings of faith.
(b) What cannot be remembered.
(c) Everything that has been remembered.
(d) The end results of all endeavors.
5. What does Hassan do when Lindsey arrives with two other boys?
(a) Shows Lindsey a picture Hassan takes with his cell phone.
(b) Plays the recording he made.
(c) Tells Lindsey he has to go home with his father.
(d) Tells Lindsey that Katrina is not a good friend.
6. What does Lindsey's boyfriend say to Colin and Hassan?
(a) That Colin's father is looking for them.
(b) That Hassan's father is there.
(c) That Lindsey is looking for them.
(d) That they better not reveal what they saw in the graveyard.
7. What does Hollis tell Colin and Hassan to do on Thursday?
(a) Go with her to Nashville.
(b) Visit the elderly care home.
(d) Write up what they have so far.
8. How long does it take Colin and Hassan to reconcile?
(a) Within minutes.
(b) Until the next day.
(c) They did not fight.
(d) After Lindsey plays referee.
9. What does Lindsey do instead of having breakfast with Colin and Hassan?
(a) Go feed the chickens.
(b) Go visit Mabel.
(c) Help her mother.
(d) Go open the convenience store.
10. Who seems to have a memory problem?
(a) Colin III about the night before.
(c) Ms. Mabel.
(d) Katrina about the night before.
11. What do Lindsey and Hassan share at some friends' house?
(a) Stories about being the nerds at school.
(b) Some old beef jerky.
(c) A beer.
(d) Half a bottle of wine.
12. Where does Colin go after Lindsey goes to her room?
(a) To see Hassan.
(b) To call Katherine XIX.
(c) To sleep.
(d) To watch television in the basement.
13. Who is really buried in the grave that is said to be the Archduke's?
(a) Lindsey's great-great grandfather.
(b) No one.
(c) Lindsey's great grandfather.
(d) The founder of Gutshot.
14. What is Hassa reviewing the next morning when Colin comes downstairs?
(a) The Confederate.
(b) The New Yorker.
(c) Profit and loss statements.
(d) The Wall Street Journal.
15. How much does Hassan loan Lindsey so she can keep playing?
(a) 9 cents.
(b) A dollar.
(c) 18 cents.
(d) A quarter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Colin end up going out on a date with Marie in his junior year?
2. What is the first thing the three young people notice when they arrive in Memphis?
3. Where do the three young people decide to go to eat instead of the place they first chose?
4. Who was considered the prettiest girl in Colin's class in his junior year?
5. Where does Hollis drive after visiting the factory?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)