|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Colin say is a result of his nearsightedness?
(a) His continual tripping.
(b) The ability to block out distractions.
(c) The need to wear really thick glasses.
(d) The inability to see the future.
2. To what status does Colin refer when speaking to Hassan?
(a) Colin's status as a prodigy.
(b) Colin's status as an only child.
(c) Colin's status as the nineteenth Colin in his family.
(d) Colin's status as a track star.
3. Where do Colin and Hassan decide to go after gaining permission from their parents?
(a) The West Coast.
(b) Washington, D. C.
(d) They do not know.
4. What has just happened to Colin?
(a) He's just been dumped by his girlfriend.
(b) He was just scared by a large shark.
(c) He was harassed by some bullies.
(d) His teacher just woke him by slamming a book on his desk.
5. In what grade is Colin when he meets his first Katherine?
6. What does Colin think about as he is lying on the ground?
(a) Working in a convenience store.
(b) Meeting his first Katherine.
(c) The night of graduation.
(d) Becoming a tour guide.
7. What does the tour guide see written in Colin's notebook?
(b) The words "Ipso facto."
(c) A poem written in German.
(d) A picture of Katherine I.
8. When does the tour guide say she will return?
(b) In 8 minutes.
(c) She does not plan to return.
(d) In a half an hour.
9. In what State do Colin and Hassan stop for their first rest?
(c) West Virginia.
10. What does Hassan propose to Colin's parents?
(a) That Colin needs to relax over the summer.
(b) That he and Colin take a road trip.
(c) That Colin needs to break the Katherine cycle.
(d) That Colin needs to get his own place.
11. What does Colin do as he is waiting on the ground behind the convenience store?
(a) Calls Katherine XIX.
(b) Plays cards with Hassan.
(c) Calls his mother.
(d) Sketches in a small notebook.
12. Where do Colin and Hassan go after talking to Colin's parents?
(a) To the movies.
(b) To the basement to work on a new invention Colin has thought of.
(c) To Hassan's house.
(d) To the beach.
13. What do Colin and Katherine IXI do in her basement after the coffee shop?
(a) Watch a movie about prodigies.
(b) Play a video game.
(c) Play air hockey.
(d) Watch a documetary about whales.
14. What does Hassan do after waking?
(a) Calls his parents.
(b) Takes a run.
(c) Writes in his journal.
15. What does Colin remember about his third grade tutor?
(a) The tutor had a really long beard.
(b) Katherine I is the tutor's daughter.
(c) The tutor barely whispered when she talked.
(d) The tutor was mean.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hollis invite the boys to do?
2. What is Colin reminded of by the smell at the first person's house that the three young people go to for interviews?
3. From where did Starnes retire?
4. What story does the convenience clerk tell Hassan and Colin?
5. What does Colin do when he goes into his bathroom after talking to his father?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)