|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hollis offer Colin and Hassan?
(b) Free work on their car problem.
(d) Some sandwhiches for the road.
2. Where was Colin's first date with Katherine IXI?
(a) The park.
(b) A brain bowl.
(c) A coffee shop.
(d) A football game.
3. What town does Hollis want to research its history?
4. What do Colin and Katherine IXI do in her basement after the coffee shop?
(a) Play air hockey.
(b) Watch a documetary about whales.
(c) Play a video game.
(d) Watch a movie about prodigies.
5. What does Hollis want Hassan and Colin to do the next day?
(a) Fix one of the machines in the string factory.
(b) Groom the horses.
(c) Take the dog for a run.
(d) Interview people and ask only four questions.
6. What does the factory manufacture that is owned by Hollis' family?
(a) Tarpon nets.
(b) Tampon strings.
(c) Climbing ropes.
(d) Bungee cords.
7. What do Colin and Lindsey discuss when she checks on Colin?
8. Why does Hassan say his proposal is necessary?
(a) So Colin can learn to take responsibility for himself.
(b) To break Colin out of his negative pattern with girls.
(c) To get Colin out of his depression.
(d) Because geniuses tend to overwork.
9. How much pay could Colin and Hollis earn at the factory?
(a) 500 a month plus room and board.
(b) 500 a week plus room and board.
(c) 200 a week plus room and board.
(d) 300 a week plus room and board.
10. To what status does Colin refer when speaking to Hassan?
(a) Colin's status as a prodigy.
(b) Colin's status as a track star.
(c) Colin's status as the nineteenth Colin in his family.
(d) Colin's status as an only child.
11. Who is Zeke?
(a) Lindsey's cousin.
(b) The plant manager.
(c) The school administrator.
(d) The Hollis' dog.
12. What is significant about the person whose grave they visit?
(a) She is an example of someone with great faith.
(b) She was killed on the same street as Hassan's second cousin.
(c) His death precipitated WWI.
(d) He is one of Colin's favorite authors.
13. What does Colin's father say he, his mother and Katherine all have in common?
(a) The idea that Colin should go away to college.
(b) The idea that Colin should change jobs.
(c) Worry about Colin.
(d) The belief that something better will happen for Colin.
14. What does Colin tell his parents when he calls them?
(a) The truth about what he's doing.
(b) That he is visiting some colleges.
(c) That he and Hassan are still wandering.
(d) He decides not to call them.
15. What does Hassan take Colin to do at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) Play baseball with some other friends.
(b) Research at the library.
(c) Improve Colin's state of mind.
(d) Look for a new girlfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose grave do Colin and Hassan decide to stop at?
2. What does the tour guide saying she is training to become?
3. What does Colin do as Hassan and Lindsey are playing?
4. What will Colin and Hassan do in their job that summer?
5. What does Hollis invite the boys to do?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)