|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the latest Katherine break up with Colin?
(a) A week before the end of the current school year.
(b) At a party two weeks after graduation.
(c) Graduation night.
(d) Two days after the end of the current school year.
2. What theorem is Colin developing?
(a) The Theorem of the Multi-colored Ducks.
(b) The Theorem of Latitude Probability.
(c) The Theorem of Underlying Katherine Predictability.
(d) The Theorem of Now.
3. What does Hassan do at the opening to Chapter 2?
(a) Smashes some flowers near the curb with his car.
(b) Calls Colin on his cell phone.
(c) Comes into Colin's room.
(d) Puts a mouse in Colin's family's mailbox.
4. For how many years has Starnes worked at the same place?
(c) Just a couple months.
5. What does Colin's father say about Colin's last girlfriend?
(a) She called Colin's father's cell phone.
(b) They met her at the hot dog stand.
(c) She is not worth grieving over.
(d) She is at the front door.
6. To what status does Colin refer when speaking to Hassan?
(a) Colin's status as a track star.
(b) Colin's status as the nineteenth Colin in his family.
(c) Colin's status as a prodigy.
(d) Colin's status as an only child.
7. What is Hassan's response to what Colin tells him?
(a) That Colin can move in with him.
(b) To snap out of it.
(c) That the mouse was already dead.
(d) That it was a lousy job anyway.
8. What does Colin's pre-school tell his parents?
(a) That Colin is a great asset to the school.
(b) That Colin is emotionally challenged.
(c) That Colin needs to tone down his behavior.
(d) That they were not equipped to work with geniuses.
9. What does Hassan take Colin to do at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) Look for a new girlfriend.
(b) Play baseball with some other friends.
(c) Improve Colin's state of mind.
(d) Research at the library.
10. Who asked Colin if he wants to be her boyfriend?
(a) Katherine I.
(b) No one.
(c) The tour guide.
(d) A girl named Mary.
11. What does Colin do for the first time since he and Katherine XIX broke up?
(a) Shrugs his shoulders and appears less attached.
(b) Refuses to answer a call from Katherine.
(c) Starts thinking about his next girlfriend.
12. Who is Hassan?
(a) Colin's father's boss.
(b) Colin's friend.
(c) Colin's boss.
(d) The neighborhood brat.
13. In what area does Colin not excel at school?
14. Why does Colin call his mother?
(a) To report their location and learn if Katherine called.
(b) To ask her to wire more money.
(c) To tell her whose grave they visited.
(d) To tell her that the car has a problem
15. What happens as Colin is walking behind the convenience store?
(a) He twists his ankle.
(b) He worries about being led into a trap.
(c) He falls and hits his head.
(d) He notices the odor of propane.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Hassan and Lindsey decide to play?
2. How many employees do Hassan and Colin interview at the plant that day?
3. Why does Hollis recognize Colin?
4. Who is Zeke?
5. What does Colin do as Hassan and Lindsey are playing?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)