|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Colin's parents when they are first mentioned?
(a) Down in the basement fighting about Colin.
(b) Swimming in the ocean also.
(c) Sitting on his bed.
(d) Looking at the pictures of Colin ex-girlfriends on his wall.
2. When does the tour guide say she will return?
(a) She does not plan to return.
(c) In 8 minutes.
(d) In a half an hour.
3. Where does the psychologist work that Colin's parents consult?
(c) Michigan State.
(d) University of Chicago.
4. What role does the clerk at the convenient store play besides as cashier?
(b) Gas pumper.
(d) Tour guide.
5. Who is working at the convenience store when Colin and Hassan drop off Lindsey there?
(a) Her boyfriend.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her sister.
(d) No one; it's been closed.
6. What is Hassan's response to what Colin tells him?
(a) That it was a lousy job anyway.
(b) That the mouse was already dead.
(c) That Colin can move in with him.
(d) To snap out of it.
7. What does Colin decide to burn?
(a) His last letter from Katherine XIX.
(b) All his letters from his previous Katherines.
(c) His theorem notebook.
(d) A poem he wrote Katherine I.
8. When does Colin first meet Hassan?
(a) 3rd grade.
(b) 7th grade.
(c) 10th grade.
(d) 9th grade.
9. Where was Colin's first date with Katherine IXI?
(a) A brain bowl.
(b) A football game.
(c) A coffee shop.
(d) The park.
10. Who asked Colin if he wants to be her boyfriend?
(a) The tour guide.
(b) Katherine I.
(c) A girl named Mary.
(d) No one.
11. How many times has this same event occurred to Colin in the past?
12. What does Hassan do after waking?
(b) Writes in his journal.
(c) Calls his parents.
(d) Takes a run.
13. What does the factory manufacture that is owned by Hollis' family?
(a) Bungee cords.
(b) Climbing ropes.
(c) Tarpon nets.
(d) Tampon strings.
14. Why does the tour guide take off her tee shirt?
(a) It is so hot outside.
(b) To get a tan.
(c) To shake out a wasp that had crawled inside.
(d) To apply pressure to Colin's wound.
15. What does Colin do when Hassan pulls off the road after they leave the factory?
(a) Meditates in a field of daisies.
(b) Calls Katherine the XIX.
(c) Gathers a bunch of daisies.
(d) Writes a short poem.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Colin do when he goes into his bathroom after talking to his father?
2. What does Hollis offer Colin and Hassan?
3. How much pay could Colin and Hollis earn at the factory?
4. Why does Colin call his mother?
5. What does Colin tell Hassan?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)