|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Colin do for the first time since he and Katherine XIX broke up?
(a) Starts thinking about his next girlfriend.
(b) Refuses to answer a call from Katherine.
(d) Shrugs his shoulders and appears less attached.
2. Who is going to be teaching at summer camp?
(b) Hassan after they get back.
3. What does Hassan want when he first wakes?
(b) To know what time it is.
(c) A donut.
4. Why does Colin call his mother?
(a) To tell her that the car has a problem
(b) To report their location and learn if Katherine called.
(c) To tell her whose grave they visited.
(d) To ask her to wire more money.
5. What is Hassan's response to what Colin tells him?
(a) To snap out of it.
(b) That Colin can move in with him.
(c) That the mouse was already dead.
(d) That it was a lousy job anyway.
6. What does Colin's pre-school tell his parents?
(a) That they were not equipped to work with geniuses.
(b) That Colin is emotionally challenged.
(c) That Colin is a great asset to the school.
(d) That Colin needs to tone down his behavior.
7. Why does Hollis recognize Colin?
(a) She does not recognize Colin.
(b) From a game show.
(c) From a book Colin wrote.
(d) From a video game Colin wrote.
8. What has just happened to Colin?
(a) He was harassed by some bullies.
(b) He's just been dumped by his girlfriend.
(c) His teacher just woke him by slamming a book on his desk.
(d) He was just scared by a large shark.
9. When does the latest Katherine break up with Colin?
(a) Two days after the end of the current school year.
(b) Graduation night.
(c) At a party two weeks after graduation.
(d) A week before the end of the current school year.
10. Why do the boys stop at a convenience store?
(a) It is where the start of the grave is.
(b) To ask directions to the cemetery.
(c) They see an advertisement for a free map.
(d) They see an advertisement for free gas.
11. What does Colin do as he is waiting on the ground behind the convenience store?
(a) Calls his mother.
(b) Plays cards with Hassan.
(c) Sketches in a small notebook.
(d) Calls Katherine XIX.
12. Why does Hassan say his proposal is necessary?
(a) To get Colin out of his depression.
(b) Because geniuses tend to overwork.
(c) So Colin can learn to take responsibility for himself.
(d) To break Colin out of his negative pattern with girls.
13. What role does the clerk at the convenient store play besides as cashier?
(a) Tour guide.
(d) Gas pumper.
14. Who is working at the convenience store when Colin and Hassan drop off Lindsey there?
(a) Her boyfriend.
(b) No one; it's been closed.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her sister.
15. When does the tour guide say she will return?
(a) She does not plan to return.
(c) In a half an hour.
(d) In 8 minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Hollis?
2. How long does Colin spend alone in his room?
3. How old was Colin when he started reading on his own?
4. In what grade is Colin when he meets his first Katherine?
5. Whose grave do Colin and Hassan decide to stop at?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)