|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hollis invite the boys to do?
(a) Participate in a contest at the local fair.
(b) Try to solve a puzzle she gives them.
(c) Have dinner at her house.
(d) Stay at their farm for a couple weeks.
2. From where did Starnes retire?
(a) He was a self-employed farmer.
(b) He is a self-employed writer and still works.
(c) The factory in Gutshot.
(d) The sheriff's office.
3. Why does Hollis recognize Colin?
(a) From a video game Colin wrote.
(b) She does not recognize Colin.
(c) From a book Colin wrote.
(d) From a game show.
4. What does the factory manufacture that is owned by Hollis' family?
(a) Bungee cords.
(b) Climbing ropes.
(c) Tarpon nets.
(d) Tampon strings.
5. Who is Katherine?
(a) Colin's mother.
(b) The name of all of Colin's ex-girlfriends.
(c) Colin's older sister.
(d) Colin's favorite aunt.
6. What does Colin's father say about Colin's last girlfriend?
(a) She called Colin's father's cell phone.
(b) She is at the front door.
(c) She is not worth grieving over.
(d) They met her at the hot dog stand.
7. How much pay could Colin and Hollis earn at the factory?
(a) 500 a month plus room and board.
(b) 500 a week plus room and board.
(c) 300 a week plus room and board.
(d) 200 a week plus room and board.
8. Why does Hassan say his proposal is necessary?
(a) To break Colin out of his negative pattern with girls.
(b) To get Colin out of his depression.
(c) So Colin can learn to take responsibility for himself.
(d) Because geniuses tend to overwork.
9. How many employees do Hassan and Colin interview at the plant that day?
10. Why does Colin believe he is past the prime of his life?
(a) Because he finds a gray hair in his head.
(b) Because he lost a debate to a kid who is younger than he.
(c) Because he cannot imagine meeting a 20th Katherine.
(d) Because prodigies generally peak at 12 or 13 years.
11. What do Colin and Lindsey discuss when she checks on Colin?
12. What is Hassan's response to what Colin tells him?
(a) To snap out of it.
(b) That the mouse was already dead.
(c) That it was a lousy job anyway.
(d) That Colin can move in with him.
13. Where are Colin's parents when they are first mentioned?
(a) Sitting on his bed.
(b) Swimming in the ocean also.
(c) Looking at the pictures of Colin ex-girlfriends on his wall.
(d) Down in the basement fighting about Colin.
14. What does Hassan want when he first wakes?
(a) A donut.
(d) To know what time it is.
15. What does Hassan take Colin to do at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) Play baseball with some other friends.
(b) Research at the library.
(c) Improve Colin's state of mind.
(d) Look for a new girlfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times has this same event occurred to Colin in the past?
2. What does Hollis want Hassan and Colin to do the next day?
3. What does the tour guide saying she is training to become?
4. What does the tour guide see written in Colin's notebook?
5. Who is going to be teaching at summer camp?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)