|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what area does Colin not excel at school?
2. Who is Hollis?
(a) Another tourist visiting the gravesite.
(b) The store clerk's mother.
(c) A hitchhiker Colin and Hassan pick up.
(d) Another clerk in the convenience store.
3. Where do Colin and Hassan decide to go after gaining permission from their parents?
(a) The West Coast.
(b) Washington, D. C.
(c) They do not know.
4. Who is Hassan?
(a) Colin's father's boss.
(b) The neighborhood brat.
(c) Colin's boss.
(d) Colin's friend.
5. What role does the clerk at the convenient store play besides as cashier?
(a) Gas pumper.
(d) Tour guide.
6. What does Hassan want when he first wakes?
(a) To know what time it is.
(c) A donut.
7. What does Colin tell Hassan?
(a) That Colin has lost his job.
(b) That Katherine the XIX dumped him.
(c) That the mouse will die of heat if left in the mailbox.
(d) That Colin's father has told Colin to move out.
8. What does Colin do when Hassan pulls off the road after they leave the factory?
(a) Calls Katherine the XIX.
(b) Gathers a bunch of daisies.
(c) Writes a short poem.
(d) Meditates in a field of daisies.
9. What story does the convenience clerk tell Hassan and Colin?
(a) About her paramedic training.
(b) About her mechanic's course at the tech school.
(c) About the Archduke's death.
(d) About her grandmother who was a medium.
10. What is Hassan's response to what Colin tells him?
(a) That the mouse was already dead.
(b) That Colin can move in with him.
(c) To snap out of it.
(d) That it was a lousy job anyway.
11. What does Colin say is a result of his nearsightedness?
(a) The inability to see the future.
(b) The ability to block out distractions.
(c) The need to wear really thick glasses.
(d) His continual tripping.
12. Who is Zeke?
(a) The Hollis' dog.
(b) Lindsey's cousin.
(c) The school administrator.
(d) The plant manager.
13. Where does Lindsey take Colin and Hassan on their first day of working?
(a) Old man Starnes' house.
(b) The mechanical room.
(c) The barn.
(d) They old balers.
14. What is significant about the person whose grave they visit?
(a) He is one of Colin's favorite authors.
(b) She is an example of someone with great faith.
(c) His death precipitated WWI.
(d) She was killed on the same street as Hassan's second cousin.
15. Who is Katherine?
(a) The name of all of Colin's ex-girlfriends.
(b) Colin's older sister.
(c) Colin's favorite aunt.
(d) Colin's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Colin spend alone in his room?
2. What does Hassan propose to Colin's parents?
3. What does the tour guide saying she is training to become?
4. When does Colin first meet Hassan?
5. Why do the boys stop at a convenience store?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)