|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Colin and Katherine IXI do in her basement after the coffee shop?
(a) Play air hockey.
(b) Watch a movie about prodigies.
(c) Watch a documetary about whales.
(d) Play a video game.
2. What happens as Colin is walking behind the convenience store?
(a) He twists his ankle.
(b) He worries about being led into a trap.
(c) He falls and hits his head.
(d) He notices the odor of propane.
3. What does the factory manufacture that is owned by Hollis' family?
(a) Climbing ropes.
(b) Bungee cords.
(c) Tarpon nets.
(d) Tampon strings.
4. What do Hassan and Lindsey decide to play?
(c) A trivia game.
(d) A video game.
5. Who asked Colin if he wants to be her boyfriend?
(a) No one.
(b) A girl named Mary.
(c) Katherine I.
(d) The tour guide.
6. What is Hassan's response to what Colin tells him?
(a) That Colin can move in with him.
(b) That the mouse was already dead.
(c) That it was a lousy job anyway.
(d) To snap out of it.
7. What has just happened to Colin?
(a) He was just scared by a large shark.
(b) He's just been dumped by his girlfriend.
(c) His teacher just woke him by slamming a book on his desk.
(d) He was harassed by some bullies.
8. What does Hassan take Colin to do at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) Improve Colin's state of mind.
(b) Play baseball with some other friends.
(c) Look for a new girlfriend.
(d) Research at the library.
9. What does the narrator say about the fable, "The Tortoise and the Hare"?
(a) That Colin could read the story but not grasp its underlying meaning.
(b) That it inspires Colin from an early age.
(c) That Colin was akin to the tortoise in his studies.
(d) That Colin was like the hare in that he was always in a hurry.
10. Who is Zeke?
(a) Lindsey's cousin.
(b) The Hollis' dog.
(c) The school administrator.
(d) The plant manager.
11. At what age does Colin start elementary school?
(a) A year later than other kids his age.
(b) He is home schooled.
(c) A year ahead of other kids his age.
(d) Two years ahead of other kids his age.
12. What does Colin do as he is waiting on the ground behind the convenience store?
(a) Calls his mother.
(b) Calls Katherine XIX.
(c) Plays cards with Hassan.
(d) Sketches in a small notebook.
13. In what grade is Colin when he meets his first Katherine?
14. What story does the convenience clerk tell Hassan and Colin?
(a) About her grandmother who was a medium.
(b) About her mechanic's course at the tech school.
(c) About her paramedic training.
(d) About the Archduke's death.
15. Who is Hassan?
(a) Colin's friend.
(b) Colin's boss.
(c) The neighborhood brat.
(d) Colin's father's boss.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Hollis?
2. What was the name of the tour guides first and only boyfriend?
3. Why does Hollis recognize Colin?
4. What is Colin reminded of by the smell at the first person's house that the three young people go to for interviews?
5. What is significant about the person whose grave they visit?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)