|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Colin do when Hassan pulls off the road after they leave the factory?
(a) Calls Katherine the XIX.
(b) Writes a short poem.
(c) Meditates in a field of daisies.
(d) Gathers a bunch of daisies.
2. What does Colin tell Hassan?
(a) That Colin has lost his job.
(b) That Colin's father has told Colin to move out.
(c) That the mouse will die of heat if left in the mailbox.
(d) That Katherine the XIX dumped him.
3. Where do Colin and Hassan decide to go after gaining permission from their parents?
(a) The West Coast.
(b) Washington, D. C.
(c) They do not know.
4. What story does the convenience clerk tell Hassan and Colin?
(a) About her grandmother who was a medium.
(b) About her paramedic training.
(c) About her mechanic's course at the tech school.
(d) About the Archduke's death.
5. What does Hassan want when he first wakes?
(c) To know what time it is.
(d) A donut.
6. What happens as Colin is walking behind the convenience store?
(a) He notices the odor of propane.
(b) He worries about being led into a trap.
(c) He falls and hits his head.
(d) He twists his ankle.
7. What does Colin remember about his third grade tutor?
(a) The tutor barely whispered when she talked.
(b) The tutor was mean.
(c) Katherine I is the tutor's daughter.
(d) The tutor had a really long beard.
8. Who is Hassan?
(a) Colin's father's boss.
(b) The neighborhood brat.
(c) Colin's boss.
(d) Colin's friend.
9. What does the narrator say about the fable, "The Tortoise and the Hare"?
(a) That Colin could read the story but not grasp its underlying meaning.
(b) That Colin was akin to the tortoise in his studies.
(c) That it inspires Colin from an early age.
(d) That Colin was like the hare in that he was always in a hurry.
10. Where do Colin and Hassan go after talking to Colin's parents?
(a) To Hassan's house.
(b) To the beach.
(c) To the movies.
(d) To the basement to work on a new invention Colin has thought of.
11. What does Hassan propose to Colin's parents?
(a) That Colin needs to relax over the summer.
(b) That he and Colin take a road trip.
(c) That Colin needs to break the Katherine cycle.
(d) That Colin needs to get his own place.
12. What does Hassan do at the opening to Chapter 2?
(a) Calls Colin on his cell phone.
(b) Puts a mouse in Colin's family's mailbox.
(c) Comes into Colin's room.
(d) Smashes some flowers near the curb with his car.
13. What are Hassan and Lindsey doing when Colin joins them?
(a) Watching poker on t.v.
(b) Playing dominoes.
(c) Creating a work schedule.
(d) Giving the dog a bath.
14. What does Colin tell his parents when he calls them?
(a) The truth about what he's doing.
(b) That he and Hassan are still wandering.
(c) He decides not to call them.
(d) That he is visiting some colleges.
15. When does the latest Katherine break up with Colin?
(a) Graduation night.
(b) At a party two weeks after graduation.
(c) A week before the end of the current school year.
(d) Two days after the end of the current school year.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asked Colin if he wants to be her boyfriend?
2. What does Hollis invite the boys to do?
3. What does Colin read over and over while alone in his room?
4. For how many years has Starnes worked at the same place?
5. How much pay could Colin and Hollis earn at the factory?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)