|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Colin hear as he wakes the next morning?
(a) A horse neighing.
(b) A cow mooing.
(c) A peacock yelling.
(d) A rooster crowing.
2. In what grade is Colin when he meets his first Katherine?
3. What does Colin say genius is?
(a) As genius does.
(b) The need to approval.
(c) An overrated idea.
(d) The drive for fulfillment.
4. What does the tour guide saying she is training to become?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A paramedic.
(c) A car mechanic.
(d) A beautician.
5. Why does Hollis recognize Colin?
(a) She does not recognize Colin.
(b) From a game show.
(c) From a video game Colin wrote.
(d) From a book Colin wrote.
6. How old was Colin when he started reading on his own?
(a) 16 months.
(b) 25 months.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 6 years.
7. How is the person in the grave the boys visit portrayed?
(a) As compassionate.
(b) As nerdy.
(c) As genius falling short.
(d) As brilliant.
8. What was the name of the tour guides first and only boyfriend?
(c) She has never had a boyfriend.
9. At what age does Colin start elementary school?
(a) A year ahead of other kids his age.
(b) He is home schooled.
(c) Two years ahead of other kids his age.
(d) A year later than other kids his age.
10. What does Hassan use to convince his parents of the reasonableness of his idea for Colin and him?
(a) That Colin and Hassan are going to find jobs.
(b) That jobs are non-existent, so Colin and Hassan should learn more about their country.
(c) That Colin and Hassan are too depressed to work that summer.
(d) That Colin and Hassan are in their last summer of childhood.
11. What does Colin's pre-school tell his parents?
(a) That Colin needs to tone down his behavior.
(b) That they were not equipped to work with geniuses.
(c) That Colin is a great asset to the school.
(d) That Colin is emotionally challenged.
12. Why does Hassan say his proposal is necessary?
(a) To break Colin out of his negative pattern with girls.
(b) To get Colin out of his depression.
(c) Because geniuses tend to overwork.
(d) So Colin can learn to take responsibility for himself.
13. What do Hassan and Lindsey decide to play?
(c) A video game.
(d) A trivia game.
14. Who is Hollis?
(a) Another clerk in the convenience store.
(b) A hitchhiker Colin and Hassan pick up.
(c) Another tourist visiting the gravesite.
(d) The store clerk's mother.
15. What does Colin do as he is waiting on the ground behind the convenience store?
(a) Calls Katherine XIX.
(b) Calls his mother.
(c) Plays cards with Hassan.
(d) Sketches in a small notebook.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Colin call his mother?
2. Who is Zeke?
3. What does the factory manufacture that is owned by Hollis' family?
4. What town does Hollis want to research its history?
5. What does Colin do for the first time since he and Katherine XIX broke up?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)