|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what State do Colin and Hassan stop for their first rest?
(c) West Virginia.
2. What does Hassan do at the opening to Chapter 2?
(a) Comes into Colin's room.
(b) Puts a mouse in Colin's family's mailbox.
(c) Calls Colin on his cell phone.
(d) Smashes some flowers near the curb with his car.
3. What will Colin and Hassan do in their job that summer?
(b) Running the machines in the factory.
(c) Keeping the baling machines working.
(d) Cutting fibers.
4. Why does Colin believe he is past the prime of his life?
(a) Because he finds a gray hair in his head.
(b) Because he lost a debate to a kid who is younger than he.
(c) Because prodigies generally peak at 12 or 13 years.
(d) Because he cannot imagine meeting a 20th Katherine.
5. What happens as Colin is walking behind the convenience store?
(a) He notices the odor of propane.
(b) He worries about being led into a trap.
(c) He twists his ankle.
(d) He falls and hits his head.
6. What does Colin read over and over while alone in his room?
(a) A poem his last girlfriend wrote for him.
(c) A few poems he wrote for his last girlfriend.
(d) His yearbook.
7. To what status does Colin refer when speaking to Hassan?
(a) Colin's status as the nineteenth Colin in his family.
(b) Colin's status as a prodigy.
(c) Colin's status as an only child.
(d) Colin's status as a track star.
8. What was the name of the tour guides first and only boyfriend?
(a) She has never had a boyfriend.
9. What does Hassan propose to Colin's parents?
(a) That Colin needs to break the Katherine cycle.
(b) That Colin needs to relax over the summer.
(c) That he and Colin take a road trip.
(d) That Colin needs to get his own place.
10. What does Colin tell his parents when he calls them?
(a) The truth about what he's doing.
(b) That he is visiting some colleges.
(c) That he and Hassan are still wandering.
(d) He decides not to call them.
11. Who asked Colin if he wants to be her boyfriend?
(a) The tour guide.
(b) No one.
(c) Katherine I.
(d) A girl named Mary.
12. What do Hassan and Lindsey decide to play?
(c) A video game.
(d) A trivia game.
13. Who is Zeke?
(a) The school administrator.
(b) The plant manager.
(c) The Hollis' dog.
(d) Lindsey's cousin.
14. What does Colin remember about his third grade tutor?
(a) The tutor had a really long beard.
(b) Katherine I is the tutor's daughter.
(c) The tutor was mean.
(d) The tutor barely whispered when she talked.
15. How do other children treat Colin in his first few years of school?
(a) They ignore him.
(b) They use him.
(c) They follow him.
(d) They bully him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Colin's father say he, his mother and Katherine all have in common?
2. What is Hassan's response to what Colin tells him?
3. Who is going to be teaching at summer camp?
4. What role does the clerk at the convenient store play besides as cashier?
5. Why do the boys stop at a convenience store?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)