|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Colin seem to notice in almost everything around him?
(c) Deep philosophical meanings.
(d) Symbols of Katherine the XIX.
2. What does the narrator say about the fable, "The Tortoise and the Hare"?
(a) That Colin was akin to the tortoise in his studies.
(b) That Colin was like the hare in that he was always in a hurry.
(c) That Colin could read the story but not grasp its underlying meaning.
(d) That it inspires Colin from an early age.
3. Who asked Colin if he wants to be her boyfriend?
(a) A girl named Mary.
(b) The tour guide.
(c) Katherine I.
(d) No one.
4. What does Colin do for the first time since he and Katherine XIX broke up?
(a) Starts thinking about his next girlfriend.
(b) Refuses to answer a call from Katherine.
(d) Shrugs his shoulders and appears less attached.
5. How is the person in the grave the boys visit portrayed?
(a) As brilliant.
(b) As compassionate.
(c) As nerdy.
(d) As genius falling short.
6. What is Hassan's response to what Colin tells him?
(a) That it was a lousy job anyway.
(b) That the mouse was already dead.
(c) That Colin can move in with him.
(d) To snap out of it.
7. In what grade is Colin when he meets his first Katherine?
8. For how long has Starnes lived in Gutshot?
(a) A few months.
(b) Since he was forty-one.
(c) A few years.
(d) His whole life.
9. What does Colin do when he goes into his bathroom after talking to his father?
(b) Cuts his arm.
(c) Throws up.
10. What do Hassan and Lindsey decide to play?
(b) A trivia game.
(c) A video game.
11. Where are Colin's parents when they are first mentioned?
(a) Swimming in the ocean also.
(b) Looking at the pictures of Colin ex-girlfriends on his wall.
(c) Down in the basement fighting about Colin.
(d) Sitting on his bed.
12. What does Colin do as he is waiting on the ground behind the convenience store?
(a) Calls Katherine XIX.
(b) Calls his mother.
(c) Sketches in a small notebook.
(d) Plays cards with Hassan.
13. What does Colin do when Hassan pulls off the road after they leave the factory?
(a) Gathers a bunch of daisies.
(b) Writes a short poem.
(c) Meditates in a field of daisies.
(d) Calls Katherine the XIX.
14. Whose grave do Colin and Hassan decide to stop at?
(b) Margaret Mitchell.
(c) Flannery O'Connor.
(d) Archduke Franz Ferdinand.
15. How many employees do Hassan and Colin interview at the plant that day?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Colin spend alone in his room?
2. What role does the clerk at the convenient store play besides as cashier?
3. What does Colin do as Hassan and Lindsey are playing?
4. How old was Colin when he started reading on his own?
5. Who is Katherine?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)