|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hassan use to convince his parents of the reasonableness of his idea for Colin and him?
(a) That jobs are non-existent, so Colin and Hassan should learn more about their country.
(b) That Colin and Hassan are going to find jobs.
(c) That Colin and Hassan are too depressed to work that summer.
(d) That Colin and Hassan are in their last summer of childhood.
2. What does Colin do when Hassan pulls off the road after they leave the factory?
(a) Meditates in a field of daisies.
(b) Gathers a bunch of daisies.
(c) Writes a short poem.
(d) Calls Katherine the XIX.
3. Who is Hassan?
(a) Colin's father's boss.
(b) Colin's friend.
(c) Colin's boss.
(d) The neighborhood brat.
4. What does Hassan take Colin to do at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) Look for a new girlfriend.
(b) Play baseball with some other friends.
(c) Research at the library.
(d) Improve Colin's state of mind.
5. What does Colin seem to notice in almost everything around him?
(c) Symbols of Katherine the XIX.
(d) Deep philosophical meanings.
6. What does Colin overhear Hassan and Lindsey discussing?
(b) About Hassan not wanting to go to college.
(c) About Hassan's attraction to Colin's sister.
(d) About Lindsey's plan to break up with her current boyfriend.
7. What does Colin think about as he is lying on the ground?
(a) Becoming a tour guide.
(b) The night of graduation.
(c) Meeting his first Katherine.
(d) Working in a convenience store.
8. What do Colin and Katherine IXI do in her basement after the coffee shop?
(a) Watch a movie about prodigies.
(b) Play air hockey.
(c) Watch a documetary about whales.
(d) Play a video game.
9. What does the tour guide saying she is training to become?
(a) A car mechanic.
(b) A beautician.
(c) A paramedic.
(d) A teacher.
10. What does Colin say is a result of his nearsightedness?
(a) The need to wear really thick glasses.
(b) His continual tripping.
(c) The ability to block out distractions.
(d) The inability to see the future.
11. What happens as Colin is walking behind the convenience store?
(a) He notices the odor of propane.
(b) He twists his ankle.
(c) He falls and hits his head.
(d) He worries about being led into a trap.
12. Who is Zeke?
(a) The school administrator.
(b) The Hollis' dog.
(c) Lindsey's cousin.
(d) The plant manager.
13. Why do the boys stop at a convenience store?
(a) They see an advertisement for a free map.
(b) To ask directions to the cemetery.
(c) They see an advertisement for free gas.
(d) It is where the start of the grave is.
14. When does the latest Katherine break up with Colin?
(a) Graduation night.
(b) At a party two weeks after graduation.
(c) Two days after the end of the current school year.
(d) A week before the end of the current school year.
15. Why does Hassan say his proposal is necessary?
(a) To get Colin out of his depression.
(b) Because geniuses tend to overwork.
(c) To break Colin out of his negative pattern with girls.
(d) So Colin can learn to take responsibility for himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Colin's father say he, his mother and Katherine all have in common?
2. Who is Katherine?
3. Why does Hollis recognize Colin?
4. What has just happened to Colin?
5. What does the tour guide see written in Colin's notebook?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)