|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Colin decide to burn?
(a) All his letters from his previous Katherines.
(b) A poem he wrote Katherine I.
(c) His theorem notebook.
(d) His last letter from Katherine XIX.
2. What do Hassan and Lindsey decide to play?
(b) A trivia game.
(d) A video game.
3. What does Colin say genius is?
(a) The drive for fulfillment.
(b) As genius does.
(c) The need to approval.
(d) An overrated idea.
4. What does Hassan do in order to go back to Hollis' house early?
(a) Fakes indigestion.
(b) Asks to used Lindsey's computer.
(c) Pretends to sprain his ankle.
(d) Fakes an asthma attack.
5. For how long has Starnes lived in Gutshot?
(a) A few months.
(b) His whole life.
(c) Since he was forty-one.
(d) A few years.
6. How is the person in the grave the boys visit portrayed?
(a) As genius falling short.
(b) As compassionate.
(c) As brilliant.
(d) As nerdy.
7. Who is Hollis?
(a) Another clerk in the convenience store.
(b) A hitchhiker Colin and Hassan pick up.
(c) Another tourist visiting the gravesite.
(d) The store clerk's mother.
8. What does Colin do for the first time since he and Katherine XIX broke up?
(a) Starts thinking about his next girlfriend.
(b) Shrugs his shoulders and appears less attached.
(c) Refuses to answer a call from Katherine.
9. What theorem is Colin developing?
(a) The Theorem of Underlying Katherine Predictability.
(b) The Theorem of the Multi-colored Ducks.
(c) The Theorem of Latitude Probability.
(d) The Theorem of Now.
10. What is Colin reminded of by the smell at the first person's house that the three young people go to for interviews?
(a) Katherine IXI's basement.
(b) His grandmother's house.
(c) His first ride in a car.
(d) The abandoned home of a wealthy eccentric man in Colin's hometown.
11. What does the tour guide saying she is training to become?
(a) A beautician.
(b) A car mechanic.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A paramedic.
12. What does Hassan do at the opening to Chapter 2?
(a) Calls Colin on his cell phone.
(b) Comes into Colin's room.
(c) Smashes some flowers near the curb with his car.
(d) Puts a mouse in Colin's family's mailbox.
13. What story does the convenience clerk tell Hassan and Colin?
(a) About her paramedic training.
(b) About her grandmother who was a medium.
(c) About the Archduke's death.
(d) About her mechanic's course at the tech school.
14. Where do Colin and Hassan go after talking to Colin's parents?
(a) To the beach.
(b) To Hassan's house.
(c) To the basement to work on a new invention Colin has thought of.
(d) To the movies.
15. What will Colin and Hassan do in their job that summer?
(a) Keeping the baling machines working.
(b) Cutting fibers.
(d) Running the machines in the factory.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the psychologist work that Colin's parents consult?
2. Where are Colin's parents when they are first mentioned?
3. Who is Zeke?
4. Who is Hassan?
5. What does Colin's pre-school tell his parents?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)