|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the tour guides first and only boyfriend?
(b) She has never had a boyfriend.
2. What do Colin and Lindsey discuss when she checks on Colin?
3. What does Colin remember about his third grade tutor?
(a) The tutor had a really long beard.
(b) The tutor was mean.
(c) The tutor barely whispered when she talked.
(d) Katherine I is the tutor's daughter.
4. What will Colin and Hassan do in their job that summer?
(b) Cutting fibers.
(c) Running the machines in the factory.
(d) Keeping the baling machines working.
5. Why does Colin believe he is past the prime of his life?
(a) Because he lost a debate to a kid who is younger than he.
(b) Because prodigies generally peak at 12 or 13 years.
(c) Because he finds a gray hair in his head.
(d) Because he cannot imagine meeting a 20th Katherine.
6. Where does Lindsey take Colin and Hassan on their first day of working?
(a) Old man Starnes' house.
(b) They old balers.
(c) The barn.
(d) The mechanical room.
7. At what age does Colin start elementary school?
(a) A year later than other kids his age.
(b) Two years ahead of other kids his age.
(c) A year ahead of other kids his age.
(d) He is home schooled.
8. What does Colin do as Hassan and Lindsey are playing?
(b) Writes on his theory of the middle of the Universe.
(c) Takes a nap.
(d) Works on his Katherines theorem.
9. What do Colin and Katherine IXI do in her basement after the coffee shop?
(a) Play a video game.
(b) Play air hockey.
(c) Watch a movie about prodigies.
(d) Watch a documetary about whales.
10. What does Colin hear as he wakes the next morning?
(a) A peacock yelling.
(b) A horse neighing.
(c) A cow mooing.
(d) A rooster crowing.
11. Who asked Colin if he wants to be her boyfriend?
(a) A girl named Mary.
(b) No one.
(c) Katherine I.
(d) The tour guide.
12. What does Hollis offer Colin and Hassan?
(a) Free work on their car problem.
(b) Some sandwhiches for the road.
13. What town does Hollis want to research its history?
14. What is Colin reminded of by the smell at the first person's house that the three young people go to for interviews?
(a) His first ride in a car.
(b) Katherine IXI's basement.
(c) The abandoned home of a wealthy eccentric man in Colin's hometown.
(d) His grandmother's house.
15. How is the person in the grave the boys visit portrayed?
(a) As brilliant.
(b) As genius falling short.
(c) As compassionate.
(d) As nerdy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hassan want when he first wakes?
2. What does Hassan do at the opening to Chapter 2?
3. What does Colin think about as he is lying on the ground?
4. In what State do Colin and Hassan stop for their first rest?
5. When does Colin first meet Hassan?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)