|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what grade is Colin when he meets his first Katherine?
2. What does the tour guide saying she is training to become?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A paramedic.
(c) A car mechanic.
(d) A beautician.
3. What does Hassan do after waking?
(a) Takes a run.
(b) Writes in his journal.
(d) Calls his parents.
4. What role does the clerk at the convenient store play besides as cashier?
(b) Tour guide.
(c) Gas pumper.
5. What does Colin tell Hassan?
(a) That Colin's father has told Colin to move out.
(b) That the mouse will die of heat if left in the mailbox.
(c) That Katherine the XIX dumped him.
(d) That Colin has lost his job.
6. From where did Starnes retire?
(a) He is a self-employed writer and still works.
(b) The sheriff's office.
(c) The factory in Gutshot.
(d) He was a self-employed farmer.
7. What theorem is Colin developing?
(a) The Theorem of Now.
(b) The Theorem of the Multi-colored Ducks.
(c) The Theorem of Underlying Katherine Predictability.
(d) The Theorem of Latitude Probability.
8. What does Hassan take Colin to do at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) Improve Colin's state of mind.
(b) Play baseball with some other friends.
(c) Look for a new girlfriend.
(d) Research at the library.
9. What does Hassan use to convince his parents of the reasonableness of his idea for Colin and him?
(a) That Colin and Hassan are too depressed to work that summer.
(b) That jobs are non-existent, so Colin and Hassan should learn more about their country.
(c) That Colin and Hassan are in their last summer of childhood.
(d) That Colin and Hassan are going to find jobs.
10. Who is Katherine?
(a) Colin's favorite aunt.
(b) The name of all of Colin's ex-girlfriends.
(c) Colin's mother.
(d) Colin's older sister.
11. Whose grave do Colin and Hassan decide to stop at?
(a) Flannery O'Connor.
(c) Margaret Mitchell.
(d) Archduke Franz Ferdinand.
12. Why does Colin call his mother?
(a) To ask her to wire more money.
(b) To report their location and learn if Katherine called.
(c) To tell her that the car has a problem
(d) To tell her whose grave they visited.
13. What does Colin's father say he, his mother and Katherine all have in common?
(a) Worry about Colin.
(b) The idea that Colin should go away to college.
(c) The belief that something better will happen for Colin.
(d) The idea that Colin should change jobs.
14. What is significant about the person whose grave they visit?
(a) He is one of Colin's favorite authors.
(b) She is an example of someone with great faith.
(c) His death precipitated WWI.
(d) She was killed on the same street as Hassan's second cousin.
15. What was the name of the tour guides first and only boyfriend?
(d) She has never had a boyfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hassan propose to Colin's parents?
2. How many employees do Hassan and Colin interview at the plant that day?
3. Why does Hollis recognize Colin?
4. What do Colin and Katherine IXI do in her basement after the coffee shop?
5. How much pay could Colin and Hollis earn at the factory?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)