|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Colin tell Hassan?
(a) That the mouse will die of heat if left in the mailbox.
(b) That Colin's father has told Colin to move out.
(c) That Colin has lost his job.
(d) That Katherine the XIX dumped him.
2. What does Hassan propose to Colin's parents?
(a) That Colin needs to break the Katherine cycle.
(b) That Colin needs to relax over the summer.
(c) That Colin needs to get his own place.
(d) That he and Colin take a road trip.
3. Where do Colin and Hassan decide to go after gaining permission from their parents?
(a) The West Coast.
(c) They do not know.
(d) Washington, D. C.
4. What theorem is Colin developing?
(a) The Theorem of Underlying Katherine Predictability.
(b) The Theorem of Now.
(c) The Theorem of the Multi-colored Ducks.
(d) The Theorem of Latitude Probability.
5. What does Hassan use to convince his parents of the reasonableness of his idea for Colin and him?
(a) That Colin and Hassan are in their last summer of childhood.
(b) That Colin and Hassan are too depressed to work that summer.
(c) That Colin and Hassan are going to find jobs.
(d) That jobs are non-existent, so Colin and Hassan should learn more about their country.
6. When does Colin first meet Hassan?
(a) 9th grade.
(b) 7th grade.
(c) 10th grade.
(d) 3rd grade.
7. What does Colin's pre-school tell his parents?
(a) That they were not equipped to work with geniuses.
(b) That Colin is a great asset to the school.
(c) That Colin is emotionally challenged.
(d) That Colin needs to tone down his behavior.
8. How is the person in the grave the boys visit portrayed?
(a) As brilliant.
(b) As compassionate.
(c) As genius falling short.
(d) As nerdy.
9. Why does Hollis recognize Colin?
(a) From a book Colin wrote.
(b) From a game show.
(c) She does not recognize Colin.
(d) From a video game Colin wrote.
10. Where do Colin and Hassan stop to sleep?
(a) A rest stop.
(b) A campground.
(c) A motel.
(d) Hassan's aunt's house.
11. How do other children treat Colin in his first few years of school?
(a) They ignore him.
(b) They bully him.
(c) They use him.
(d) They follow him.
12. What does Colin remember about his third grade tutor?
(a) The tutor was mean.
(b) The tutor had a really long beard.
(c) The tutor barely whispered when she talked.
(d) Katherine I is the tutor's daughter.
13. What does Colin do as Hassan and Lindsey are playing?
(b) Writes on his theory of the middle of the Universe.
(c) Works on his Katherines theorem.
(d) Takes a nap.
14. For how long has Starnes lived in Gutshot?
(a) A few years.
(b) Since he was forty-one.
(c) His whole life.
(d) A few months.
15. What happens as Colin is walking behind the convenience store?
(a) He notices the odor of propane.
(b) He falls and hits his head.
(c) He twists his ankle.
(d) He worries about being led into a trap.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the tour guide see written in Colin's notebook?
2. What does Hollis invite the boys to do?
3. Who is working at the convenience store when Colin and Hassan drop off Lindsey there?
4. What does Hassan do at the opening to Chapter 2?
5. Who is going to be teaching at summer camp?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)