|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Colin read over and over while alone in his room?
(a) His yearbook.
(b) A poem his last girlfriend wrote for him.
(d) A few poems he wrote for his last girlfriend.
2. Who is Katherine?
(a) Colin's mother.
(b) Colin's favorite aunt.
(c) The name of all of Colin's ex-girlfriends.
(d) Colin's older sister.
3. What does Hassan propose to Colin's parents?
(a) That Colin needs to relax over the summer.
(b) That Colin needs to get his own place.
(c) That Colin needs to break the Katherine cycle.
(d) That he and Colin take a road trip.
4. What does Hassan want when he first wakes?
(a) To know what time it is.
(b) A donut.
5. What does Colin tell Hassan?
(a) That the mouse will die of heat if left in the mailbox.
(b) That Colin's father has told Colin to move out.
(c) That Katherine the XIX dumped him.
(d) That Colin has lost his job.
6. What does Colin tell his parents when he calls them?
(a) That he is visiting some colleges.
(b) That he and Hassan are still wandering.
(c) The truth about what he's doing.
(d) He decides not to call them.
7. What do Hassan and Lindsey decide to play?
(a) A video game.
(b) A trivia game.
8. What does Colin's father say about Colin's last girlfriend?
(a) She called Colin's father's cell phone.
(b) She is at the front door.
(c) They met her at the hot dog stand.
(d) She is not worth grieving over.
9. Why does Hollis recognize Colin?
(a) From a game show.
(b) From a book Colin wrote.
(c) She does not recognize Colin.
(d) From a video game Colin wrote.
10. What does Colin think about as he is lying on the ground?
(a) Working in a convenience store.
(b) The night of graduation.
(c) Becoming a tour guide.
(d) Meeting his first Katherine.
11. What does Colin decide to burn?
(a) A poem he wrote Katherine I.
(b) His last letter from Katherine XIX.
(c) His theorem notebook.
(d) All his letters from his previous Katherines.
12. Why does Hassan say his proposal is necessary?
(a) Because geniuses tend to overwork.
(b) To get Colin out of his depression.
(c) So Colin can learn to take responsibility for himself.
(d) To break Colin out of his negative pattern with girls.
13. What does Colin do when Hassan pulls off the road after they leave the factory?
(a) Meditates in a field of daisies.
(b) Writes a short poem.
(c) Calls Katherine the XIX.
(d) Gathers a bunch of daisies.
14. What does Hassan do in order to go back to Hollis' house early?
(a) Fakes indigestion.
(b) Asks to used Lindsey's computer.
(c) Pretends to sprain his ankle.
(d) Fakes an asthma attack.
15. What do Colin and Lindsey discuss when she checks on Colin?
Short Answer Questions
1. What town does Hollis want to research its history?
2. What are Hassan and Lindsey doing when Colin joins them?
3. Why does Colin call his mother?
4. What does the tour guide see written in Colin's notebook?
5. What does Hollis offer Colin and Hassan?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)