Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Colin do when Hassan pulls off the road after they leave the factory?
(a) Calls Katherine the XIX.
(b) Writes a short poem.
(c) Gathers a bunch of daisies.
(d) Meditates in a field of daisies.
2. From where did Starnes retire?
(a) He is a self-employed writer and still works.
(b) The sheriff's office.
(c) The factory in Gutshot.
(d) He was a self-employed farmer.
3. What are Hassan and Lindsey doing when Colin joins them?
(a) Watching poker on t.v.
(b) Creating a work schedule.
(c) Playing dominoes.
(d) Giving the dog a bath.
4. What does Colin do as Hassan and Lindsey are playing?
(a) Works on his Katherines theorem.
(c) Takes a nap.
(d) Writes on his theory of the middle of the Universe.
5. What does the narrator say about the fable, "The Tortoise and the Hare"?
(a) That Colin was akin to the tortoise in his studies.
(b) That Colin could read the story but not grasp its underlying meaning.
(c) That Colin was like the hare in that he was always in a hurry.
(d) That it inspires Colin from an early age.
6. Who asked Colin if he wants to be her boyfriend?
(a) The tour guide.
(b) Katherine I.
(c) A girl named Mary.
(d) No one.
7. To what status does Colin refer when speaking to Hassan?
(a) Colin's status as an only child.
(b) Colin's status as a prodigy.
(c) Colin's status as the nineteenth Colin in his family.
(d) Colin's status as a track star.
8. What does Hassan think is the answer to Colin's problems?
(a) A girlfriend with another name.
(b) A unique invention.
(c) A belief in God.
(d) A more varied workout.
9. Who is Hassan?
(a) Colin's boss.
(b) The neighborhood brat.
(c) Colin's father's boss.
(d) Colin's friend.
10. Where are Colin's parents when they are first mentioned?
(a) Looking at the pictures of Colin ex-girlfriends on his wall.
(b) Swimming in the ocean also.
(c) Sitting on his bed.
(d) Down in the basement fighting about Colin.
11. What does Colin do as he is waiting on the ground behind the convenience store?
(a) Calls Katherine XIX.
(b) Plays cards with Hassan.
(c) Sketches in a small notebook.
(d) Calls his mother.
12. Why does the tour guide take off her tee shirt?
(a) To shake out a wasp that had crawled inside.
(b) To get a tan.
(c) It is so hot outside.
(d) To apply pressure to Colin's wound.
13. At what age does Colin start elementary school?
(a) He is home schooled.
(b) Two years ahead of other kids his age.
(c) A year ahead of other kids his age.
(d) A year later than other kids his age.
14. How many times has this same event occurred to Colin in the past?
15. When does the latest Katherine break up with Colin?
(a) Graduation night.
(b) At a party two weeks after graduation.
(c) Two days after the end of the current school year.
(d) A week before the end of the current school year.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the psychologist work that Colin's parents consult?
2. What theorem is Colin developing?
3. What has just happened to Colin?
4. What does Colin's pre-school tell his parents?
5. How old was Colin when he started reading on his own?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)