|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Colin do as Hassan and Lindsey are playing?
(a) Takes a nap.
(c) Works on his Katherines theorem.
(d) Writes on his theory of the middle of the Universe.
2. What does Colin do when Hassan pulls off the road after they leave the factory?
(a) Gathers a bunch of daisies.
(b) Calls Katherine the XIX.
(c) Meditates in a field of daisies.
(d) Writes a short poem.
3. How do other children treat Colin in his first few years of school?
(a) They ignore him.
(b) They use him.
(c) They follow him.
(d) They bully him.
4. Where does the psychologist work that Colin's parents consult?
(a) University of Chicago.
(d) Michigan State.
5. How long does Colin spend alone in his room?
(a) 2 days.
(b) 3 days.
(c) 14 hours.
(d) 28 hours.
6. Who is Zeke?
(a) Lindsey's cousin.
(b) The plant manager.
(c) The Hollis' dog.
(d) The school administrator.
7. What is Colin Singleton doing at the opening of the novel?
(a) Swimming in the ocean.
(b) Taking a bath.
(c) Sitting in a classroom.
(d) Wandering in the city park.
8. What does Colin do as he is waiting on the ground behind the convenience store?
(a) Calls his mother.
(b) Calls Katherine XIX.
(c) Sketches in a small notebook.
(d) Plays cards with Hassan.
9. What do Colin and Katherine IXI do in her basement after the coffee shop?
(a) Watch a documetary about whales.
(b) Watch a movie about prodigies.
(c) Play air hockey.
(d) Play a video game.
10. What theorem is Colin developing?
(a) The Theorem of the Multi-colored Ducks.
(b) The Theorem of Latitude Probability.
(c) The Theorem of Now.
(d) The Theorem of Underlying Katherine Predictability.
11. What does Lindsey convince Colin to let her do?
(a) Play him a song about lost love.
(b) Hold his notebook for a few days.
(c) Talk to Katherine XII.
(d) Go with him to the movies.
12. What does Colin hear as he wakes the next morning?
(a) A rooster crowing.
(b) A peacock yelling.
(c) A cow mooing.
(d) A horse neighing.
13. What does Colin do when he goes into his bathroom after talking to his father?
(c) Cuts his arm.
(d) Throws up.
14. How is the person in the grave the boys visit portrayed?
(a) As nerdy.
(b) As brilliant.
(c) As genius falling short.
(d) As compassionate.
15. What does the tour guide saying she is training to become?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A car mechanic.
(c) A paramedic.
(d) A beautician.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hassan's response to what Colin tells him?
2. What does Colin tell his parents when he calls them?
3. What does Hassan do in order to go back to Hollis' house early?
4. What does Hassan do at the opening to Chapter 2?
5. Why does Colin believe he is past the prime of his life?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)