|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Colin when he started reading on his own?
(a) 16 months.
(b) 6 years.
(c) 25 months.
(d) 3 years.
2. What is Hassan's response to what Colin tells him?
(a) To snap out of it.
(b) That it was a lousy job anyway.
(c) That the mouse was already dead.
(d) That Colin can move in with him.
3. What does Hollis want Hassan and Colin to do the next day?
(a) Interview people and ask only four questions.
(b) Take the dog for a run.
(c) Fix one of the machines in the string factory.
(d) Groom the horses.
4. In what State do Colin and Hassan stop for their first rest?
(a) West Virginia.
5. What does Colin say is a result of his nearsightedness?
(a) His continual tripping.
(b) The inability to see the future.
(c) The ability to block out distractions.
(d) The need to wear really thick glasses.
6. Where do Colin and Hassan go after talking to Colin's parents?
(a) To Hassan's house.
(b) To the beach.
(c) To the basement to work on a new invention Colin has thought of.
(d) To the movies.
7. What does the tour guide see written in Colin's notebook?
(a) A poem written in German.
(b) The words "Ipso facto."
(d) A picture of Katherine I.
8. What does the factory manufacture that is owned by Hollis' family?
(a) Tampon strings.
(b) Climbing ropes.
(c) Tarpon nets.
(d) Bungee cords.
9. What does the tour guide saying she is training to become?
(a) A paramedic.
(b) A car mechanic.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A beautician.
10. What does Colin think about as he is lying on the ground?
(a) Working in a convenience store.
(b) Meeting his first Katherine.
(c) Becoming a tour guide.
(d) The night of graduation.
11. How is the person in the grave the boys visit portrayed?
(a) As nerdy.
(b) As brilliant.
(c) As compassionate.
(d) As genius falling short.
12. What does Hassan do in order to go back to Hollis' house early?
(a) Asks to used Lindsey's computer.
(b) Pretends to sprain his ankle.
(c) Fakes indigestion.
(d) Fakes an asthma attack.
13. What does Hassan think is the answer to Colin's problems?
(a) A more varied workout.
(b) A belief in God.
(c) A unique invention.
(d) A girlfriend with another name.
14. What does Colin do when Hassan pulls off the road after they leave the factory?
(a) Writes a short poem.
(b) Gathers a bunch of daisies.
(c) Meditates in a field of daisies.
(d) Calls Katherine the XIX.
15. In what area does Colin not excel at school?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Hassan and Lindsey decide to play?
2. What does Colin decide to burn?
3. What does Colin do as Hassan and Lindsey are playing?
4. Where does the psychologist work that Colin's parents consult?
5. Why does Colin call his mother?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)