|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19 and Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Hassan and Lindsey decide to play?
(c) A trivia game.
(d) A video game.
2. What role does the clerk at the convenient store play besides as cashier?
(a) Gas pumper.
(c) Tour guide.
3. What does the narrator say about the fable, "The Tortoise and the Hare"?
(a) That Colin was akin to the tortoise in his studies.
(b) That Colin could read the story but not grasp its underlying meaning.
(c) That Colin was like the hare in that he was always in a hurry.
(d) That it inspires Colin from an early age.
4. Why does Hassan say he is not going to work?
(a) Because he does not feel well.
(b) Because it is a religious holiday.
(c) Because Hollis goes to the factory on Thursdays.
(d) Because he has no clean clothes.
5. Why does Colin read up on wild hogs?
(a) To give Hollis a solution for the hogs that are ruining her farm fields.
(b) To prepare for the hunt that weekend.
(c) To find out if hogs live in the wild in New York.
(d) To find out if hogs are dangerous.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Colin and Hassan check out upon first waking in Chapter 17?
2. How long does it take Colin and Hassan to reconcile?
3. How old was Colin when he started reading on his own?
4. What does Colin seem to notice in almost everything around him?
5. What does Hassan say about Katrina?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)