|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19 and Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Hassa reviewing the next morning when Colin comes downstairs?
(a) The New Yorker.
(b) Profit and loss statements.
(c) The Confederate.
(d) The Wall Street Journal.
2. What does Hassan use to convince his parents of the reasonableness of his idea for Colin and him?
(a) That Colin and Hassan are too depressed to work that summer.
(b) That jobs are non-existent, so Colin and Hassan should learn more about their country.
(c) That Colin and Hassan are going to find jobs.
(d) That Colin and Hassan are in their last summer of childhood.
3. What does Colin do for an hour in the car at their next interview site?
(b) Argue with Katherine XIX on the phone.
(c) Argue with Lindsey.
(d) Work on his theorem.
4. What are the persons doing in the graveyard?
(a) Looking for a pig that was wounded.
(b) Planting flowers on a couple graves.
(c) Cleaning a headstone.
(d) Having sex.
5. Why do Colin and Hassan tell the leader to go on without them?
(a) Colin and Hassan are hoping not to have to shoot anything.
(b) Colin and Hassan are hoping to find Lindsey.
(c) Colin and Hassan are still sleepy.
(d) Colin and Hassan cannot keep up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the tour guide see written in Colin's notebook?
2. What is the first thing the three young people notice when they arrive in Memphis?
3. What was the name of the tour guides first and only boyfriend?
4. What error does Lindsey think Colin is making in his theorem?
5. What does Colin read over and over while alone in his room?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)