|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19 and Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Colin tell Hassan?
(a) That the mouse will die of heat if left in the mailbox.
(b) That Colin's father has told Colin to move out.
(c) That Colin has lost his job.
(d) That Katherine the XIX dumped him.
2. Why does Colin believe he is past the prime of his life?
(a) Because prodigies generally peak at 12 or 13 years.
(b) Because he lost a debate to a kid who is younger than he.
(c) Because he cannot imagine meeting a 20th Katherine.
(d) Because he finds a gray hair in his head.
3. How do other children treat Colin in his first few years of school?
(a) They use him.
(b) They ignore him.
(c) They bully him.
(d) They follow him.
4. What does Lindsey teach Colin how to do?
(a) Shoot a bow.
(b) Shoot a shotgun.
(c) Tie several types of knots.
(d) Run the tractor.
5. Why do Colin and Hassan tell the leader to go on without them?
(a) Colin and Hassan are still sleepy.
(b) Colin and Hassan cannot keep up.
(c) Colin and Hassan are hoping to find Lindsey.
(d) Colin and Hassan are hoping not to have to shoot anything.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say about the fable, "The Tortoise and the Hare"?
2. Where do the three young people decide to go to eat instead of the place they first chose?
3. What does Colin think about as he is lying on the ground?
4. Who is beaten up in the graveyard?
5. What does Hassan do when Lindsey arrives with two other boys?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)