|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say about the fable, "The Tortoise and the Hare"?
(a) That Colin was like the hare in that he was always in a hurry.
(b) That it inspires Colin from an early age.
(c) That Colin was akin to the tortoise in his studies.
(d) That Colin could read the story but not grasp its underlying meaning.
2. Why do the boys stop at a convenience store?
(a) It is where the start of the grave is.
(b) They see an advertisement for a free map.
(c) To ask directions to the cemetery.
(d) They see an advertisement for free gas.
3. What role does the clerk at the convenient store play besides as cashier?
(b) Tour guide.
(c) Gas pumper.
4. Who is working at the convenience store when Colin and Hassan drop off Lindsey there?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her boyfriend.
(c) No one; it's been closed.
(d) Her sister.
5. How long does Colin spend alone in his room?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 14 hours.
(c) 28 hours.
(d) 2 days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Colin read over and over while alone in his room?
2. What does Colin tell Hassan?
3. What does Hassan use to convince his parents of the reasonableness of his idea for Colin and him?
4. Where does Lindsey take Colin that is a secret?
5. Where do Colin and Hassan go after talking to Colin's parents?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)