|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Colin say is a result of his nearsightedness?
(a) The ability to block out distractions.
(b) The need to wear really thick glasses.
(c) The inability to see the future.
(d) His continual tripping.
2. What does Colin's father say about Colin's last girlfriend?
(a) She called Colin's father's cell phone.
(b) They met her at the hot dog stand.
(c) She is at the front door.
(d) She is not worth grieving over.
3. Why does Colin believe he is past the prime of his life?
(a) Because prodigies generally peak at 12 or 13 years.
(b) Because he cannot imagine meeting a 20th Katherine.
(c) Because he lost a debate to a kid who is younger than he.
(d) Because he finds a gray hair in his head.
4. What is Colin Singleton doing at the opening of the novel?
(a) Taking a bath.
(b) Sitting in a classroom.
(c) Wandering in the city park.
(d) Swimming in the ocean.
5. What does Colin remember about his third grade tutor?
(a) Katherine I is the tutor's daughter.
(b) The tutor had a really long beard.
(c) The tutor was mean.
(d) The tutor barely whispered when she talked.
Short Answer Questions
1. What story does the convenience clerk tell Hassan and Colin?
2. Why do the boys stop at a convenience store?
3. To what status does Colin refer when speaking to Hassan?
4. Who asked Colin if he wants to be her boyfriend?
5. How long does Colin spend alone in his room?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)