|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say about the fable, "The Tortoise and the Hare"?
(a) That Colin could read the story but not grasp its underlying meaning.
(b) That it inspires Colin from an early age.
(c) That Colin was like the hare in that he was always in a hurry.
(d) That Colin was akin to the tortoise in his studies.
2. How much pay could Colin and Hollis earn at the factory?
(a) 500 a week plus room and board.
(b) 500 a month plus room and board.
(c) 200 a week plus room and board.
(d) 300 a week plus room and board.
3. What does an elderly woman at the nursing home say that seems to impact Lindsey emotionally?
(a) That Lindsey looks exactly like her father.
(b) That Hollis is selling some land on the hill.
(c) That the woman knew Lindsey's great-grandmother.
(d) That Hollis used to visit the woman as a very young child.
4. What town does Hollis want to research its history?
5. When does Colin first meet Hassan?
(a) 9th grade.
(b) 10th grade.
(c) 3rd grade.
(d) 7th grade.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Colin say genius is?
2. Who asked Colin if he wants to be her boyfriend?
3. What does Lindsey convince Colin to let her do?
4. What does Lindsey tell her mother she is going to do with Colin?
5. In what grade is Colin when he meets his first Katherine?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)