|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Katherine?
(a) The name of all of Colin's ex-girlfriends.
(b) Colin's mother.
(c) Colin's favorite aunt.
(d) Colin's older sister.
2. What is Colin Singleton doing at the opening of the novel?
(a) Wandering in the city park.
(b) Taking a bath.
(c) Sitting in a classroom.
(d) Swimming in the ocean.
3. What does an elderly woman at the nursing home say that seems to impact Lindsey emotionally?
(a) That the woman knew Lindsey's great-grandmother.
(b) That Hollis is selling some land on the hill.
(c) That Lindsey looks exactly like her father.
(d) That Hollis used to visit the woman as a very young child.
4. What does Hassan use to convince his parents of the reasonableness of his idea for Colin and him?
(a) That jobs are non-existent, so Colin and Hassan should learn more about their country.
(b) That Colin and Hassan are going to find jobs.
(c) That Colin and Hassan are too depressed to work that summer.
(d) That Colin and Hassan are in their last summer of childhood.
5. What is in the place that Hollis goes to after visiting the factory?
(a) A buyer.
(b) Hollis' sister.
(c) A warehouse.
(d) Hollis' elderly mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Colin overhear Hassan and Lindsey discussing?
2. What does Colin think about as he is lying on the ground?
3. What has just happened to Colin?
4. What does Hassan do in order to go back to Hollis' house early?
5. What does Colin do for the first time since he and Katherine XIX broke up?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)