|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Colin's father say about Colin's last girlfriend?
(a) She is at the front door.
(b) She called Colin's father's cell phone.
(c) She is not worth grieving over.
(d) They met her at the hot dog stand.
2. Where do Colin and Hassan go after talking to Colin's parents?
(a) To Hassan's house.
(b) To the movies.
(c) To the beach.
(d) To the basement to work on a new invention Colin has thought of.
3. What does Colin think about as he is lying on the ground?
(a) Working in a convenience store.
(b) Becoming a tour guide.
(c) The night of graduation.
(d) Meeting his first Katherine.
4. How is the person in the grave the boys visit portrayed?
(a) As compassionate.
(b) As brilliant.
(c) As nerdy.
(d) As genius falling short.
5. Who is Hassan?
(a) The neighborhood brat.
(b) Colin's friend.
(c) Colin's father's boss.
(d) Colin's boss.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age does Colin start elementary school?
2. How old was Colin when he started reading on his own?
3. What does the narrator say about the fable, "The Tortoise and the Hare"?
4. What story does the convenience clerk tell Hassan and Colin?
5. What does Hassan use to convince his parents of the reasonableness of his idea for Colin and him?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)