|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is working at the convenience store when Colin and Hassan drop off Lindsey there?
(a) Her mother.
(b) No one; it's been closed.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her boyfriend.
2. What does the narrator say about the fable, "The Tortoise and the Hare"?
(a) That it inspires Colin from an early age.
(b) That Colin could read the story but not grasp its underlying meaning.
(c) That Colin was like the hare in that he was always in a hurry.
(d) That Colin was akin to the tortoise in his studies.
3. What does Colin seem to notice in almost everything around him?
(a) Deep philosophical meanings.
(c) Symbols of Katherine the XIX.
4. What will Colin and Hassan do in their job that summer?
(a) Cutting fibers.
(b) Running the machines in the factory.
(d) Keeping the baling machines working.
5. What are Hassan and Lindsey doing when Colin joins them?
(a) Playing dominoes.
(b) Giving the dog a bath.
(c) Watching poker on t.v.
(d) Creating a work schedule.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hassan propose to Colin's parents?
2. What does the tour guide saying she is training to become?
3. How long does Colin spend alone in his room?
4. What does the tour guide see written in Colin's notebook?
5. What does Colin do for the first time since he and Katherine XIX broke up?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)