|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose grave do Colin and Hassan decide to stop at?
(a) Flannery O'Connor.
(b) Archduke Franz Ferdinand.
(d) Margaret Mitchell.
2. What does the narrator say about the fable, "The Tortoise and the Hare"?
(a) That it inspires Colin from an early age.
(b) That Colin could read the story but not grasp its underlying meaning.
(c) That Colin was akin to the tortoise in his studies.
(d) That Colin was like the hare in that he was always in a hurry.
3. Who asked Colin if he wants to be her boyfriend?
(a) A girl named Mary.
(b) Katherine I.
(c) No one.
(d) The tour guide.
4. How much pay could Colin and Hollis earn at the factory?
(a) 200 a week plus room and board.
(b) 500 a week plus room and board.
(c) 500 a month plus room and board.
(d) 300 a week plus room and board.
5. What do Colin and Lindsey discuss when she checks on Colin?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hassan propose to Colin's parents?
2. At what age does Colin start elementary school?
3. What role does the clerk at the convenient store play besides as cashier?
4. How is the person in the grave the boys visit portrayed?
5. What does Colin do as he is waiting on the ground behind the convenience store?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)