|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What story does the convenience clerk tell Hassan and Colin?
(a) About her paramedic training.
(b) About her grandmother who was a medium.
(c) About the Archduke's death.
(d) About her mechanic's course at the tech school.
2. What is significant about the person whose grave they visit?
(a) She was killed on the same street as Hassan's second cousin.
(b) She is an example of someone with great faith.
(c) His death precipitated WWI.
(d) He is one of Colin's favorite authors.
3. What does Colin read over and over while alone in his room?
(a) A few poems he wrote for his last girlfriend.
(b) His yearbook.
(c) A poem his last girlfriend wrote for him.
4. Where do Colin and Hassan decide to go after gaining permission from their parents?
(a) They do not know.
(b) The West Coast.
(c) Washington, D. C.
5. In what area does Colin not excel at school?
Short Answer Questions
1. What will Colin and Hassan do in their job that summer?
2. What does the narrator say about the fable, "The Tortoise and the Hare"?
3. Where was Colin's first date with Katherine IXI?
4. When does Colin first meet Hassan?
5. Why does Colin believe he is past the prime of his life?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)