|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hassan use to convince his parents of the reasonableness of his idea for Colin and him?
(a) That Colin and Hassan are in their last summer of childhood.
(b) That Colin and Hassan are going to find jobs.
(c) That Colin and Hassan are too depressed to work that summer.
(d) That jobs are non-existent, so Colin and Hassan should learn more about their country.
2. How old was Colin when he started reading on his own?
(a) 25 months.
(b) 16 months.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 6 years.
3. What will Colin and Hassan do in their job that summer?
(a) Running the machines in the factory.
(c) Keeping the baling machines working.
(d) Cutting fibers.
4. Where does the psychologist work that Colin's parents consult?
(a) Michigan State.
(c) University of Chicago.
5. What theorem is Colin developing?
(a) The Theorem of the Multi-colored Ducks.
(b) The Theorem of Latitude Probability.
(c) The Theorem of Underlying Katherine Predictability.
(d) The Theorem of Now.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Katherine?
2. What does Colin's father say he, his mother and Katherine all have in common?
3. What is Colin Singleton doing at the opening of the novel?
4. What does Hollis invite the boys to do?
5. How do other children treat Colin in his first few years of school?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)