|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Colin's father say he, his mother and Katherine all have in common?
(a) Worry about Colin.
(b) The idea that Colin should change jobs.
(c) The idea that Colin should go away to college.
(d) The belief that something better will happen for Colin.
2. In what grade is Colin when he meets his first Katherine?
3. What is significant about the person whose grave they visit?
(a) She was killed on the same street as Hassan's second cousin.
(b) She is an example of someone with great faith.
(c) His death precipitated WWI.
(d) He is one of Colin's favorite authors.
4. What does the narrator say about the fable, "The Tortoise and the Hare"?
(a) That Colin could read the story but not grasp its underlying meaning.
(b) That Colin was akin to the tortoise in his studies.
(c) That Colin was like the hare in that he was always in a hurry.
(d) That it inspires Colin from an early age.
5. How do other children treat Colin in his first few years of school?
(a) They ignore him.
(b) They use him.
(c) They follow him.
(d) They bully him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Colin and Hassan go after talking to Colin's parents?
2. What does Colin remember about his third grade tutor?
3. What does Hassan take Colin to do at the end of Chapter 2?
4. What does Hassan think is the answer to Colin's problems?
5. How many times has this same event occurred to Colin in the past?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)