|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the psychologist work that Colin's parents consult?
(a) University of Chicago.
(d) Michigan State.
2. What does Colin's pre-school tell his parents?
(a) That Colin is a great asset to the school.
(b) That they were not equipped to work with geniuses.
(c) That Colin needs to tone down his behavior.
(d) That Colin is emotionally challenged.
3. Where do Colin and Hassan stop to sleep?
(a) A campground.
(b) Hassan's aunt's house.
(c) A motel.
(d) A rest stop.
4. Why does the tour guide take off her tee shirt?
(a) To apply pressure to Colin's wound.
(b) It is so hot outside.
(c) To shake out a wasp that had crawled inside.
(d) To get a tan.
5. What does Hassan use to convince his parents of the reasonableness of his idea for Colin and him?
(a) That Colin and Hassan are in their last summer of childhood.
(b) That Colin and Hassan are going to find jobs.
(c) That Colin and Hassan are too depressed to work that summer.
(d) That jobs are non-existent, so Colin and Hassan should learn more about their country.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hassan do at the opening to Chapter 2?
2. What is Hassan's response to what Colin tells him?
3. To what status does Colin refer when speaking to Hassan?
4. Where are Colin's parents when they are first mentioned?
5. What does the narrator say about the fable, "The Tortoise and the Hare"?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)