|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say about the fable, "The Tortoise and the Hare"?
(a) That Colin was like the hare in that he was always in a hurry.
(b) That it inspires Colin from an early age.
(c) That Colin could read the story but not grasp its underlying meaning.
(d) That Colin was akin to the tortoise in his studies.
2. Whose grave do Colin and Hassan decide to stop at?
(a) Margaret Mitchell.
(b) Flannery O'Connor.
(d) Archduke Franz Ferdinand.
3. What does Colin remember about his third grade tutor?
(a) The tutor barely whispered when she talked.
(b) The tutor had a really long beard.
(c) Katherine I is the tutor's daughter.
(d) The tutor was mean.
4. Where do Colin and Hassan stop to sleep?
(a) Hassan's aunt's house.
(b) A motel.
(c) A campground.
(d) A rest stop.
5. What does Hassan think is the answer to Colin's problems?
(a) A more varied workout.
(b) A girlfriend with another name.
(c) A belief in God.
(d) A unique invention.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Colin Singleton doing at the opening of the novel?
2. Who is Katherine?
3. What has just happened to Colin?
4. What does Colin's pre-school tell his parents?
5. What does Colin do when he goes into his bathroom after talking to his father?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)