|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hassan use to convince his parents of the reasonableness of his idea for Colin and him?
(a) That Colin and Hassan are in their last summer of childhood.
(b) That jobs are non-existent, so Colin and Hassan should learn more about their country.
(c) That Colin and Hassan are too depressed to work that summer.
(d) That Colin and Hassan are going to find jobs.
2. Where are Colin's parents when they are first mentioned?
(a) Down in the basement fighting about Colin.
(b) Looking at the pictures of Colin ex-girlfriends on his wall.
(c) Sitting on his bed.
(d) Swimming in the ocean also.
3. Where do Colin and Hassan decide to go after gaining permission from their parents?
(b) They do not know.
(c) The West Coast.
(d) Washington, D. C.
4. What does Colin's father say about Colin's last girlfriend?
(a) They met her at the hot dog stand.
(b) She called Colin's father's cell phone.
(c) She is at the front door.
(d) She is not worth grieving over.
5. Where does the psychologist work that Colin's parents consult?
(a) Michigan State.
(c) University of Chicago.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what grade is Colin when he meets his first Katherine?
2. What is Colin Singleton doing at the opening of the novel?
3. Why does the tour guide take off her tee shirt?
4. Who is Hassan?
5. What has just happened to Colin?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)