|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the psychologist work that Colin's parents consult?
(b) University of Chicago.
(c) Michigan State.
2. When does the tour guide say she will return?
(b) In a half an hour.
(c) In 8 minutes.
(d) She does not plan to return.
3. What does Hassan think is the answer to Colin's problems?
(a) A unique invention.
(b) A more varied workout.
(c) A girlfriend with another name.
(d) A belief in God.
4. What does Colin do when he goes into his bathroom after talking to his father?
(a) Cuts his arm.
(c) Throws up.
5. What does the narrator say about the fable, "The Tortoise and the Hare"?
(a) That Colin was like the hare in that he was always in a hurry.
(b) That Colin was akin to the tortoise in his studies.
(c) That it inspires Colin from an early age.
(d) That Colin could read the story but not grasp its underlying meaning.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Hassan?
2. How old was Colin when he started reading on his own?
3. What does Colin do as he is waiting on the ground behind the convenience store?
4. What has just happened to Colin?
5. Why does Colin believe he is past the prime of his life?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)