|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say about the fable, "The Tortoise and the Hare"?
(a) That Colin was like the hare in that he was always in a hurry.
(b) That Colin could read the story but not grasp its underlying meaning.
(c) That it inspires Colin from an early age.
(d) That Colin was akin to the tortoise in his studies.
2. In what grade is Colin when he meets his first Katherine?
3. Why does Colin believe he is past the prime of his life?
(a) Because prodigies generally peak at 12 or 13 years.
(b) Because he cannot imagine meeting a 20th Katherine.
(c) Because he lost a debate to a kid who is younger than he.
(d) Because he finds a gray hair in his head.
4. What does Colin's father say he, his mother and Katherine all have in common?
(a) The idea that Colin should change jobs.
(b) The idea that Colin should go away to college.
(c) The belief that something better will happen for Colin.
(d) Worry about Colin.
5. How do other children treat Colin in his first few years of school?
(a) They bully him.
(b) They ignore him.
(c) They use him.
(d) They follow him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Colin Singleton doing at the opening of the novel?
2. What does Hassan use to convince his parents of the reasonableness of his idea for Colin and him?
3. What does Colin tell Hassan?
4. When does the tour guide say she will return?
5. What does Hassan think is the answer to Colin's problems?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)