|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Colin first meet Hassan?
(a) 10th grade.
(b) 9th grade.
(c) 7th grade.
(d) 3rd grade.
2. At what age does Colin start elementary school?
(a) Two years ahead of other kids his age.
(b) A year ahead of other kids his age.
(c) A year later than other kids his age.
(d) He is home schooled.
3. What does Hassan do at the opening to Chapter 2?
(a) Smashes some flowers near the curb with his car.
(b) Calls Colin on his cell phone.
(c) Comes into Colin's room.
(d) Puts a mouse in Colin's family's mailbox.
4. What does Colin read over and over while alone in his room?
(a) A poem his last girlfriend wrote for him.
(c) His yearbook.
(d) A few poems he wrote for his last girlfriend.
5. What does Colin's father say about Colin's last girlfriend?
(a) She is at the front door.
(b) She is not worth grieving over.
(c) They met her at the hot dog stand.
(d) She called Colin's father's cell phone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Katherine?
2. What does Colin's pre-school tell his parents?
3. What is Colin Singleton doing at the opening of the novel?
4. What does Colin's father say he, his mother and Katherine all have in common?
5. Why does Hassan say his proposal is necessary?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)