|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times has this same event occurred to Colin in the past?
2. What does Colin's father say he, his mother and Katherine all have in common?
(a) Worry about Colin.
(b) The belief that something better will happen for Colin.
(c) The idea that Colin should change jobs.
(d) The idea that Colin should go away to college.
3. What does the narrator say about the fable, "The Tortoise and the Hare"?
(a) That Colin was akin to the tortoise in his studies.
(b) That Colin could read the story but not grasp its underlying meaning.
(c) That it inspires Colin from an early age.
(d) That Colin was like the hare in that he was always in a hurry.
4. What does Colin's pre-school tell his parents?
(a) That they were not equipped to work with geniuses.
(b) That Colin needs to tone down his behavior.
(c) That Colin is emotionally challenged.
(d) That Colin is a great asset to the school.
5. Where are Colin's parents when they are first mentioned?
(a) Down in the basement fighting about Colin.
(b) Looking at the pictures of Colin ex-girlfriends on his wall.
(c) Swimming in the ocean also.
(d) Sitting on his bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Colin do when he goes into his bathroom after talking to his father?
2. In what area does Colin not excel at school?
3. What does Colin tell Hassan?
4. Why does Hassan say his proposal is necessary?
5. Where do Colin and Hassan go after talking to Colin's parents?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)