|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hassan use to convince his parents of the reasonableness of his idea for Colin and him?
(a) That Colin and Hassan are going to find jobs.
(b) That jobs are non-existent, so Colin and Hassan should learn more about their country.
(c) That Colin and Hassan are in their last summer of childhood.
(d) That Colin and Hassan are too depressed to work that summer.
2. How long does Colin spend alone in his room?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 2 days.
(c) 28 hours.
(d) 14 hours.
3. At what age does Colin start elementary school?
(a) Two years ahead of other kids his age.
(b) A year ahead of other kids his age.
(c) A year later than other kids his age.
(d) He is home schooled.
4. What does the narrator say about the fable, "The Tortoise and the Hare"?
(a) That it inspires Colin from an early age.
(b) That Colin was akin to the tortoise in his studies.
(c) That Colin could read the story but not grasp its underlying meaning.
(d) That Colin was like the hare in that he was always in a hurry.
5. What does Colin tell Hassan?
(a) That Colin has lost his job.
(b) That Katherine the XIX dumped him.
(c) That the mouse will die of heat if left in the mailbox.
(d) That Colin's father has told Colin to move out.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what State do Colin and Hassan stop for their first rest?
2. What does Colin's father say he, his mother and Katherine all have in common?
3. What does Hassan do at the opening to Chapter 2?
4. Where do Colin and Hassan decide to go after gaining permission from their parents?
5. What has just happened to Colin?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)