|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Colin's father say about Colin's last girlfriend?
(a) She called Colin's father's cell phone.
(b) She is at the front door.
(c) She is not worth grieving over.
(d) They met her at the hot dog stand.
2. What does Hassan use to convince his parents of the reasonableness of his idea for Colin and him?
(a) That Colin and Hassan are too depressed to work that summer.
(b) That Colin and Hassan are going to find jobs.
(c) That jobs are non-existent, so Colin and Hassan should learn more about their country.
(d) That Colin and Hassan are in their last summer of childhood.
3. What does Hassan want when he first wakes?
(b) To know what time it is.
(d) A donut.
4. In what area does Colin not excel at school?
5. Where do Colin and Hassan stop to sleep?
(a) Hassan's aunt's house.
(b) A motel.
(c) A rest stop.
(d) A campground.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what status does Colin refer when speaking to Hassan?
2. What is Colin Singleton doing at the opening of the novel?
3. What does Colin say genius is?
4. How long does Colin spend alone in his room?
5. How do other children treat Colin in his first few years of school?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)