|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Colin and Hassan decide to go after gaining permission from their parents?
(a) The West Coast.
(b) Washington, D. C.
(c) They do not know.
2. Who is Hassan?
(a) Colin's father's boss.
(b) The neighborhood brat.
(c) Colin's friend.
(d) Colin's boss.
3. What does Colin tell Hassan?
(a) That Colin's father has told Colin to move out.
(b) That Katherine the XIX dumped him.
(c) That Colin has lost his job.
(d) That the mouse will die of heat if left in the mailbox.
4. What is Hassan's response to what Colin tells him?
(a) That it was a lousy job anyway.
(b) That Colin can move in with him.
(c) That the mouse was already dead.
(d) To snap out of it.
5. What does the narrator say about the fable, "The Tortoise and the Hare"?
(a) That Colin could read the story but not grasp its underlying meaning.
(b) That Colin was akin to the tortoise in his studies.
(c) That Colin was like the hare in that he was always in a hurry.
(d) That it inspires Colin from an early age.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Colin's father say about Colin's last girlfriend?
2. In what State do Colin and Hassan stop for their first rest?
3. How old was Colin when he started reading on his own?
4. In what grade is Colin when he meets his first Katherine?
5. When does Colin first meet Hassan?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)