Eight Week Quiz F
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15 and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lindsey teach Colin what she teaches him?
(a) He is curious about the gears.
(b) So he can hang a swing over the creek for her.
(c) So he is not embarrassed the next weekend.
(d) Just to give him an experience he's never had.
2. Why do Colin and Hassan use some chewing tobacco?
(a) In a spitting contest.
(b) To look tough in front of the other guys.
(c) They want to experience the full nuances of the hunt.
(d) On their hornet stings.
3. What does Colin do for the first time since he and Katherine XIX broke up?
(a) Refuses to answer a call from Katherine.
(c) Starts thinking about his next girlfriend.
(d) Shrugs his shoulders and appears less attached.
4. What does the narrator say about the fable, "The Tortoise and the Hare"?
(a) That Colin could read the story but not grasp its underlying meaning.
(b) That Colin was akin to the tortoise in his studies.
(c) That Colin was like the hare in that he was always in a hurry.
(d) That it inspires Colin from an early age.
5. How long does Colin spend alone in his room?
(a) 28 hours.
(b) 2 days.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 14 hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hassan scream in the graveyard?
2. When does Colin get up on Saturday morning?
3. What does Colin say is a result of his nearsightedness?
4. How old was Colin when he started reading on his own?
5. What does Hassan propose to Colin's parents?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)