|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Colin say is a result of his nearsightedness?
(a) The need to wear really thick glasses.
(b) His continual tripping.
(c) The inability to see the future.
(d) The ability to block out distractions.
2. What does Colin do as he is waiting on the ground behind the convenience store?
(a) Calls his mother.
(b) Plays cards with Hassan.
(c) Calls Katherine XIX.
(d) Sketches in a small notebook.
3. What was the name of the tour guides first and only boyfriend?
(b) She has never had a boyfriend.
4. What does Hassan use to convince his parents of the reasonableness of his idea for Colin and him?
(a) That jobs are non-existent, so Colin and Hassan should learn more about their country.
(b) That Colin and Hassan are going to find jobs.
(c) That Colin and Hassan are in their last summer of childhood.
(d) That Colin and Hassan are too depressed to work that summer.
5. What is Hassan's response to what Colin tells him?
(a) That it was a lousy job anyway.
(b) That Colin can move in with him.
(c) That the mouse was already dead.
(d) To snap out of it.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the tour guide say she will return?
2. Who is Katherine?
3. Why does Colin believe he is past the prime of his life?
4. What has just happened to Colin?
5. Who asked Colin if he wants to be her boyfriend?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)