|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Colin when he started reading on his own?
(a) 16 months.
(b) 25 months.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 6 years.
2. What does Hassan use to convince his parents of the reasonableness of his idea for Colin and him?
(a) That Colin and Hassan are too depressed to work that summer.
(b) That Colin and Hassan are going to find jobs.
(c) That Colin and Hassan are in their last summer of childhood.
(d) That jobs are non-existent, so Colin and Hassan should learn more about their country.
3. When does Colin first meet Hassan?
(a) 3rd grade.
(b) 9th grade.
(c) 7th grade.
(d) 10th grade.
4. What does Colin do as he is waiting on the ground behind the convenience store?
(a) Calls his mother.
(b) Plays cards with Hassan.
(c) Calls Katherine XIX.
(d) Sketches in a small notebook.
5. What does Hassan take Colin to do at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) Improve Colin's state of mind.
(b) Look for a new girlfriend.
(c) Research at the library.
(d) Play baseball with some other friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what State do Colin and Hassan stop for their first rest?
2. What does Colin say genius is?
3. What does Hassan do at the opening to Chapter 2?
4. Where does the psychologist work that Colin's parents consult?
5. Why does Colin believe he is past the prime of his life?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)