|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hassan use to convince his parents of the reasonableness of his idea for Colin and him?
(a) That Colin and Hassan are in their last summer of childhood.
(b) That Colin and Hassan are going to find jobs.
(c) That Colin and Hassan are too depressed to work that summer.
(d) That jobs are non-existent, so Colin and Hassan should learn more about their country.
2. Why does Hassan say his proposal is necessary?
(a) To get Colin out of his depression.
(b) Because geniuses tend to overwork.
(c) So Colin can learn to take responsibility for himself.
(d) To break Colin out of his negative pattern with girls.
3. What does Colin's pre-school tell his parents?
(a) That they were not equipped to work with geniuses.
(b) That Colin needs to tone down his behavior.
(c) That Colin is emotionally challenged.
(d) That Colin is a great asset to the school.
4. When does the tour guide say she will return?
(a) She does not plan to return.
(c) In 8 minutes.
(d) In a half an hour.
5. In what area does Colin not excel at school?
Short Answer Questions
1. What has just happened to Colin?
2. Why does Colin believe he is past the prime of his life?
3. What does Colin say genius is?
4. What does Colin read over and over while alone in his room?
5. What is Colin Singleton doing at the opening of the novel?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)