|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Colin do as he is waiting on the ground behind the convenience store?
(a) Calls his mother.
(b) Calls Katherine XIX.
(c) Plays cards with Hassan.
(d) Sketches in a small notebook.
2. What happens as Colin is walking behind the convenience store?
(a) He falls and hits his head.
(b) He worries about being led into a trap.
(c) He twists his ankle.
(d) He notices the odor of propane.
3. What does Hassan use to convince his parents of the reasonableness of his idea for Colin and him?
(a) That Colin and Hassan are going to find jobs.
(b) That jobs are non-existent, so Colin and Hassan should learn more about their country.
(c) That Colin and Hassan are too depressed to work that summer.
(d) That Colin and Hassan are in their last summer of childhood.
4. Who is Hassan?
(a) Colin's friend.
(b) Colin's boss.
(c) The neighborhood brat.
(d) Colin's father's boss.
5. In what area does Colin not excel at school?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hassan's response to what Colin tells him?
2. To what status does Colin refer when speaking to Hassan?
3. What does the narrator say about the fable, "The Tortoise and the Hare"?
4. Why do the boys stop at a convenience store?
5. How old was Colin when he started reading on his own?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)