|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the tour guide saying she is training to become?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A paramedic.
(c) A beautician.
(d) A car mechanic.
2. What does the tour guide see written in Colin's notebook?
(a) A picture of Katherine I.
(c) The words "Ipso facto."
(d) A poem written in German.
3. What does Colin do as he is waiting on the ground behind the convenience store?
(a) Plays cards with Hassan.
(b) Calls Katherine XIX.
(c) Sketches in a small notebook.
(d) Calls his mother.
4. Why does Hassan say his proposal is necessary?
(a) Because geniuses tend to overwork.
(b) So Colin can learn to take responsibility for himself.
(c) To get Colin out of his depression.
(d) To break Colin out of his negative pattern with girls.
5. What does the narrator say about the fable, "The Tortoise and the Hare"?
(a) That Colin was akin to the tortoise in his studies.
(b) That Colin was like the hare in that he was always in a hurry.
(c) That it inspires Colin from an early age.
(d) That Colin could read the story but not grasp its underlying meaning.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the tour guide take off her tee shirt?
2. What does Colin read over and over while alone in his room?
3. In what State do Colin and Hassan stop for their first rest?
4. What does Hassan do at the opening to Chapter 2?
5. In what area does Colin not excel at school?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)