|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Colin call his mother?
(a) To tell her whose grave they visited.
(b) To report their location and learn if Katherine called.
(c) To ask her to wire more money.
(d) To tell her that the car has a problem
2. What is Colin reminded of by the smell at the first person's house that the three young people go to for interviews?
(a) The abandoned home of a wealthy eccentric man in Colin's hometown.
(b) His first ride in a car.
(c) Katherine IXI's basement.
(d) His grandmother's house.
3. What are Hassan and Lindsey doing when Colin joins them?
(a) Playing dominoes.
(b) Watching poker on t.v.
(c) Giving the dog a bath.
(d) Creating a work schedule.
4. Why does Colin believe he is past the prime of his life?
(a) Because prodigies generally peak at 12 or 13 years.
(b) Because he finds a gray hair in his head.
(c) Because he cannot imagine meeting a 20th Katherine.
(d) Because he lost a debate to a kid who is younger than he.
5. What will Colin and Hassan do in their job that summer?
(a) Keeping the baling machines working.
(b) Cutting fibers.
(c) Running the machines in the factory.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Colin remember about his third grade tutor?
2. How many employees do Hassan and Colin interview at the plant that day?
3. Where does the psychologist work that Colin's parents consult?
4. Why does Hollis recognize Colin?
5. Where does Lindsey take Colin and Hassan on their first day of working?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)