|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Colin say Hassan cannot make Colin do?
(a) Go home yet.
(b) Give up Katherine XIX.
(c) Go hunting.
(d) Find a girlfriend with a different name.
2. What does Hassan propose to Colin's parents?
(a) That he and Colin take a road trip.
(b) That Colin needs to relax over the summer.
(c) That Colin needs to break the Katherine cycle.
(d) That Colin needs to get his own place.
3. Why does Colin believe he is past the prime of his life?
(a) Because he cannot imagine meeting a 20th Katherine.
(b) Because he lost a debate to a kid who is younger than he.
(c) Because he finds a gray hair in his head.
(d) Because prodigies generally peak at 12 or 13 years.
4. Why does Colin call his mother?
(a) To tell her that the car has a problem
(b) To report their location and learn if Katherine called.
(c) To tell her whose grave they visited.
(d) To ask her to wire more money.
5. In what grade is Colin when he meets his first Katherine?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say about the fable, "The Tortoise and the Hare"?
2. What does an elderly woman at the nursing home say that seems to impact Lindsey emotionally?
3. What does the factory manufacture that is owned by Hollis' family?
4. What do Hassan and Lindsey go out and do?
5. Who asked Colin if he wants to be her boyfriend?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)