Chapters 1 and 2
1. What is Colin Singleton doing at the opening of the novel?
(a) Swimming in the ocean.
(b) Wandering in the city park.
(c) Taking a bath.
(d) Sitting in a classroom.
2. What has just happened to Colin?
(a) He was harassed by some bullies.
(b) His teacher just woke him by slamming a book on his desk.
(c) He's just been dumped by his girlfriend.
(d) He was just scared by a large shark.
3. How many times has this same event occurred to Colin in the past?
4. Who is Katherine?
(a) The name of all of Colin's ex-girlfriends.
(b) Colin's older sister.
(c) Colin's favorite aunt.
(d) Colin's mother.
5. Where are Colin's parents when they are first mentioned?
(a) Sitting on his bed.
(b) Down in the basement fighting about Colin.
(c) Looking at the pictures of Colin ex-girlfriends on his wall.
(d) Swimming in the ocean also.
6. What does Colin's father say about Colin's last girlfriend?
(a) She is not worth grieving over.
(b) She is at the front door.
(c) She called Colin's father's cell phone.
(d) They met her at the hot dog stand.
This section contains 5,027 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)