|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which characters physically appear in Chapter Three?
(a) Clive and George.
(b) Vernon and Clive.
(c) Julian, Vernon, and Clive.
(d) Vernon, Clive, and George.
2. Why is Vernon angry at his staff?
(a) They are reluctant to post the pictures of Julian.
(b) They want to demote him.
(c) They want to replace him with Frank.
(d) They want to post a positive article about Julian on the cover.
3. What consequence does Vernon consider to posting the pictures?
(a) That Vernon gets fired.
(b) That Vernon's staff turns against him.
(c) That Julian's family abandons him.
4. What does Clive choose to do when he sees the argument?
(a) He calls the police.
(b) He ignores it and keeps working.
(c) He goes over to stop them but gets caught in the middle of it.
(d) He runs away because he is scared.
5. Who does Julian's wife publicly denounce?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clive confess to Vernon on the phone?
2. What does Julian's wife compare the person she denounces to?
3. What right does Vernon deny Julian by publishing his photos?
4. Where are the pictures of Julian taken?
5. What do both Clive and Vernon fail to see?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Clive undermine his moral authority?
2. What inspires Clive when he goes hiking?
3. Is one of the men more morally right than the other?
4. How is Clive unethical?
5. What is Vernon's plan for the photos of Julian?
6. What is Frank's role in Vernon's resignation?
7. Are Clive and Vernon hypocrites? Why or why not?
8. What role does Clive believe he plays in his relationship with Vernon? What role does Vernon play in the relationship, according to Clive?
9. Describe the photos that Vernon has of Julian.
10. What is the root cause of Clive and Vernon's relationship falling apart?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)