|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do Clive and Vernon have an argument?
(a) The night before Clive leaves to Penrith.
(b) The day before they both go to Amsterdam.
(c) The day after Clive returns from Penrith.
(d) They do not have an argument.
2. What happens to Vernon's job at The Judge?
(a) He is demoted.
(b) He is banned from the office.
(c) He is simply reprimanded.
(d) He is fired.
3. What is Vernon afraid of?
(a) That is staff is conspiring against him.
(b) That Molly leaves nothing for him in her will.
(c) That Julian has a successful bid to become prime minister.
(d) That George is out for revenge on Vernon and Clive as well as Julian.
4. What role does Clive believe he plays?
5. What does Vernon show Clive when they see each other?
(a) Photographs of Julian.
(b) A positive article about Julian.
(c) Moll's last will and testament.
(d) Photographs of Molly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Clive go after his hiking trip?
2. What is Julian's wife's reaction to his sexuality?
3. Why are the pictures of Julian so scandalous?
4. What does Vernon look like when Clive sees him for the first time after Vernon receives the pictures.
5. What does Julian's wife unveil to the media?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the photos that Vernon has of Julian.
2. How is Clive unethical?
3. Does Vernon consider the consequences of posting the photos of Julian?
4. How does Clive undermine his moral authority?
5. Why does Rose Garmony go on TV instead of Julian?
6. Why does Rose Garmony reveal the pictures of her husband?
7. What obstacles stand in the way of Vernon's plan for Julian's photos?
8. Why doesn't Clive contact the police about what he witnesses at the hiking trail?
9. What is the root cause of Clive and Vernon's relationship falling apart?
10. What inspires Clive when he goes hiking?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)