|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clive choose to do when he sees the argument?
(a) He runs away because he is scared.
(b) He calls the police.
(c) He goes over to stop them but gets caught in the middle of it.
(d) He ignores it and keeps working.
2. What does Clive find inspirational while hiking?
(a) A bird call.
(b) The leaves falling off a tree.
(c) An argument he sees.
(d) A bird nest.
3. How does Clive feel about ignoring the argument?
4. Who does Clive see arguing when he is hiking?
(a) Two women.
(b) A man and a woman.
(c) A group of men and one woman.
(d) Two men.
5. Why doesn't Clive want to tell the police what he sees?
(a) He is afraid he is accused of the crime.
(b) It interferes with his work.
(c) He believes he witnesses nothing.
(d) He is afraid he is attacked.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julian's outing do for his career?
2. When does Vernon notice that he has a new purpose in life?
3. What does Clive think about on his way to Penrith?
4. What effect does the anticipated photos have on The Judge?
5. On what day is Vernon hailed as the savior of The Judge?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Frank's role in Vernon's resignation?
2. Why does Clive oppose Vernon's plan to post the pictures?
3. What is Vernon's plan for the photos of Julian?
4. Are Clive and Vernon hypocrites? Why or why not?
5. What conclusions does Clive come to about his relationship with Vernon?
6. How does Clive undermine his moral authority?
7. What affect does the revealed photo have on Julian Garmony's career?
8. How is Vernon unethical?
9. Describe the photos that Vernon has of Julian.
10. What role does Clive believe he plays in his relationship with Vernon? What role does Vernon play in the relationship, according to Clive?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)