|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Julian's outing do for his career?
(a) Encouraged him to become more liberal.
(b) Turned him into a celebrity.
(c) Consolidated it.
(d) Destroyed it.
2. What role does Clive believe he plays?
3. In Chapter Three, who does Clive get an urgent call from?
(d) A musician.
4. What right does Vernon deny Julian by publishing his photos?
(a) The right to sexual expression in private.
(b) The right not to be humiliated.
(c) The right to public office.
(d) The legal right to own copyright of the pictures.
5. Why doesn't Clive want to tell the police what he sees?
(a) He believes he witnesses nothing.
(b) He is afraid he is attacked.
(c) It interferes with his work.
(d) He is afraid he is accused of the crime.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Vernon realizes that Clive witnesses the attack, what does he do?
2. Who begins to denounce Vernon by the end of the weekend?
3. When do Clive and Vernon have an argument?
4. Which word best defines Vernon's staff at The Judge in Chapter Four?
5. What is Julian's wife's reaction to his sexuality?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Frank's role in Vernon's resignation?
2. How is Clive unethical?
3. What is Vernon's plan for the photos of Julian?
4. How is Vernon's fortune been reversed?
5. What inspires Clive when he goes hiking?
6. Why does Rose Garmony go on TV instead of Julian?
7. What choice does Clive make on his hiking trip?
8. Is Vernon really a victim? If so, what is he a victim of?
9. How is Vernon unethical?
10. Why does Clive confess that he sees a violent attack to Vernon?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)