|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clive think about on his way to Penrith?
(a) His affair with Molly.
(b) His relationship with Vernon.
(c) The symphony he is working on.
(d) Getting revenge on Julian.
2. Who plans to ruin Vernon's job at The Judge?
(a) Julian's wife.
3. How does Clive see Vernon after his hiking trip?
4. By publishing the pictures, who does Vernon betray?
5. What does Clive confess to Vernon on the phone?
(a) That he witnesses violence while hiking.
(b) That he really does think Vernon should post the photos.
(c) That he doesn't think The Judge is reputable.
(d) That he never really cares for Molly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Vernon a victim of?
2. What is the main setting of Chapter Three?
3. What happens to Vernon's job at The Judge?
4. What is Julian's wife's reaction to his sexuality?
5. What right does Vernon deny Julian by publishing his photos?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is one of the men more morally right than the other?
2. What conclusions does Clive come to about his relationship with Vernon?
3. What role does Clive believe he plays in his relationship with Vernon? What role does Vernon play in the relationship, according to Clive?
4. Why does Rose Garmony reveal the pictures of her husband?
5. What affect does the revealed photo have on Julian Garmony's career?
6. What is Vernon's plan for the photos of Julian?
7. Why does Clive confess that he sees a violent attack to Vernon?
8. Are Clive and Vernon hypocrites? Why or why not?
9. What is the root cause of Clive and Vernon's relationship falling apart?
10. How is Vernon's fate a consequence of poor judgment?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)