|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the pictures of Julian so scandalous?
(a) Julian is completely naked.
(b) Julian is with another woman.
(c) Julian is being violent.
(d) Julian is dressed as a woman.
2. What is the main setting of Chapter Three?
(a) Holland Park.
(c) Lake District.
3. What does Julian's outing do for his career?
(a) Encouraged him to become more liberal.
(b) Consolidated it.
(c) Destroyed it.
(d) Turned him into a celebrity.
4. How does Clive feel about ignoring the argument?
5. What is the first cause of the deteriorating relationship between Clive and Vernon?
(a) Disagreeing on publishing photos of Julian.
(b) Disagreeing about Molly.
(c) Disagreeing about where Clive goes to work.
(d) Disagreeing about Clive's actions when he sees the argument.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Julian's wife publicly denounce?
2. When do Clive and Vernon have an argument?
3. How does Clive see Vernon after his hiking trip?
4. When Vernon realizes that Clive witnesses the attack, what does he do?
5. What does Vernon want Clive to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Vernon consider the consequences of posting the photos of Julian?
2. How is Vernon's fortune been reversed?
3. Are Clive and Vernon hypocrites? Why or why not?
4. Why doesn't Clive contact the police about what he witnesses at the hiking trail?
5. Why does Rose Garmony go on TV instead of Julian?
6. How is Vernon unethical?
7. Describe the photos that Vernon has of Julian.
8. How is Clive unethical?
9. Why does Clive oppose Vernon's plan to post the pictures?
10. What conclusions does Clive come to about his relationship with Vernon?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)