|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is believed to be the cause of problems between Vernon and Clive?
(a) Molly's death affects them both.
(b) The pact is too stressful to keep.
(c) Their relationship is lopsided.
(d) Julian has put a wedge between them.
2. What does Clive's urgent caller request in Chapter Three?
(a) A meeting.
(b) New music to play.
(c) Photos of Julian.
(d) Information about the argument Clive witnesses.
3. What is Frank's last name?
4. What does Vernon look like when Clive sees him for the first time after Vernon receives the pictures.
5. What do both Clive and Vernon fail to see?
(a) Julian's alliance with George.
(b) Their own moral shortcomings.
(c) Why Vernon's staff is so fickle.
(d) George's vengefulness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clive think about on his way to Penrith?
2. What consequence does Vernon consider to posting the pictures?
3. What other story runs in the newspaper with the photos of Julian?
4. Who does Julian's wife publicly denounce?
5. What does Vernon want Clive to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Vernon's fate a consequence of poor judgment?
2. What conclusions does Clive come to about his relationship with Vernon?
3. Does Vernon consider the consequences of posting the photos of Julian?
4. How does Clive undermine his moral authority?
5. What is the root cause of Clive and Vernon's relationship falling apart?
6. Are Clive and Vernon hypocrites? Why or why not?
7. What is Frank's role in Vernon's resignation?
8. Why does Rose Garmony reveal the pictures of her husband?
9. Is one of the men more morally right than the other?
10. Is Vernon really a victim? If so, what is he a victim of?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)