|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What enables Vernon to be able to publish the photos in Chapter Three?
(a) He now owns the copyright.
(b) He is not worried about the law.
(c) The injunction is lifted.
(d) The photos are already leaked.
2. Through what outlet does the Garmony family make a statement?
3. Which character is the focal point of Chapter Four?
4. What other story runs in the newspaper with the photos of Julian?
(a) The Lakeland rapist attacks a woman.
(b) The medical scandal in The Netherlands continues.
(c) The Prime Minister is elected.
(d) Clive is profiled as a famous composer.
5. What is believed to be the cause of problems between Vernon and Clive?
(a) Molly's death affects them both.
(b) Julian has put a wedge between them.
(c) Their relationship is lopsided.
(d) The pact is too stressful to keep.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Vernon's job at The Judge?
2. How does Clive feel about ignoring the argument?
3. What is Vernon's complaint to Clive?
4. What has Julian been outed as?
5. What type of worker is Frank?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Rose Garmony go on TV instead of Julian?
2. What conclusions does Clive come to about his relationship with Vernon?
3. How is Vernon's fate a consequence of poor judgment?
4. What role does Clive believe he plays in his relationship with Vernon? What role does Vernon play in the relationship, according to Clive?
5. What is Frank's role in Vernon's resignation?
6. How is Clive unethical?
7. Why does Clive oppose Vernon's plan to post the pictures?
8. What inspires Clive when he goes hiking?
9. What is Vernon's plan for the photos of Julian?
10. Why does Clive confess that he sees a violent attack to Vernon?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)