|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Julian's wife compare the person she denounces to?
(a) A flea.
(b) A tick.
(c) A leech.
(d) An ant.
2. Who plans to ruin Vernon's job at The Judge?
(d) Julian's wife.
3. What do both Clive and Vernon fail to see?
(a) Their own moral shortcomings.
(b) George's vengefulness.
(c) Why Vernon's staff is so fickle.
(d) Julian's alliance with George.
4. What is Vernon's staff's reaction to the Garmony's going to the media?
(a) They feel cheated by Vernon.
(b) They no longer support Vernon.
(c) They threaten to quit if conditions are not improved.
(d) They encourage Vernon to post the photos anyway.
5. In Chapter Three, who does Clive get an urgent call from?
(a) A musician.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Clive see arguing when he is hiking?
2. What enables Vernon to be able to publish the photos in Chapter Three?
3. What is Vernon a victim of?
4. What is Vernon's new purpose in life?
5. When do Clive and Vernon have an argument?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Frank's role in Vernon's resignation?
2. How is Vernon's fate a consequence of poor judgment?
3. How does Clive undermine his moral authority?
4. Why does Rose Garmony go on TV instead of Julian?
5. Why does Clive confess that he sees a violent attack to Vernon?
6. Is Vernon really a victim? If so, what is he a victim of?
7. How is Clive unethical?
8. What conclusions does Clive come to about his relationship with Vernon?
9. What choice does Clive make on his hiking trip?
10. What affect does the revealed photo have on Julian Garmony's career?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)