|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is believed to be the cause of problems between Vernon and Clive?
(a) The pact is too stressful to keep.
(b) Molly's death affects them both.
(c) Julian has put a wedge between them.
(d) Their relationship is lopsided.
2. What is Clive doing when he sees an argument occur?
(a) Taking notes for a novel.
(b) Writing notes for the finale.
(c) Writing notes for the introduction.
(d) Watching birds.
3. What is Frank's role at The Judge?
(a) Foreign duty reporter.
(b) Political editor.
(c) Senior editor.
(d) Foreign deputy editor.
4. Who does Julian's wife publicly denounce?
5. Why is Vernon angry at his staff?
(a) They want to replace him with Frank.
(b) They want to post a positive article about Julian on the cover.
(c) They want to demote him.
(d) They are reluctant to post the pictures of Julian.
Short Answer Questions
1. What effect does the anticipated photos have on The Judge?
2. Through what outlet does the Garmony family make a statement?
3. What is Frank's last name?
4. On what day is Vernon hailed as the savior of The Judge?
5. What do both Clive and Vernon fail to see?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Clive contact the police about what he witnesses at the hiking trail?
2. What is Vernon's plan for the photos of Julian?
3. What obstacles stand in the way of Vernon's plan for Julian's photos?
4. What inspires Clive when he goes hiking?
5. Does Vernon consider the consequences of posting the photos of Julian?
6. How is Clive unethical?
7. Describe the photos that Vernon has of Julian.
8. What is the root cause of Clive and Vernon's relationship falling apart?
9. What choice does Clive make on his hiking trip?
10. What affect does the revealed photo have on Julian Garmony's career?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)