|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character is the focal point of Chapter Four?
2. What is Vernon's initial response to Clive's confession?
(a) He is elated.
(b) He wants to meet in person to discuss it.
(c) He is outraged.
(d) He is only half-listening.
3. How does Clive get to Penrith?
(a) By horseback.
(b) By train.
(c) He drives himself.
(d) By bus.
4. What effect does the anticipated photos have on The Judge?
(a) Many people writing in with their opinions.
(b) Increased circulation.
(c) Average circulation.
(d) Decreased circulation.
5. Who plans to ruin Vernon's job at The Judge?
(b) Julian's wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first cause of the deteriorating relationship between Clive and Vernon?
2. When does Vernon notice that he has a new purpose in life?
3. Where does Clive go to hike?
4. What type of worker is Frank?
5. What is Vernon's complaint to Clive?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)