|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Vernon angry at his staff?
(a) They want to post a positive article about Julian on the cover.
(b) They want to demote him.
(c) They are reluctant to post the pictures of Julian.
(d) They want to replace him with Frank.
2. What does Julian's wife compare the person she denounces to?
(a) A flea.
(b) An ant.
(c) A leech.
(d) A tick.
3. Which word best defines Vernon's staff at The Judge in Chapter Four?
4. Who does Chapter Three focus on?
5. How does Clive feel about ignoring the argument?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Vernon, why does Clive contact the authorities?
2. What is Julian's wife's reaction to his sexuality?
3. What does Clive choose to do when he sees the argument?
4. How long does Julian's wife claim to know about his sexual proclivities?
5. Which word best describes Clive in Chapter Four?
Short Essay Questions
1. Are Clive and Vernon hypocrites? Why or why not?
2. Why does Rose Garmony reveal the pictures of her husband?
3. How does Clive undermine his moral authority?
4. What obstacles stand in the way of Vernon's plan for Julian's photos?
5. Does Vernon consider the consequences of posting the photos of Julian?
6. Why doesn't Clive contact the police about what he witnesses at the hiking trail?
7. Describe the photos that Vernon has of Julian.
8. Why does Clive oppose Vernon's plan to post the pictures?
9. How is Vernon's fate a consequence of poor judgment?
10. What conclusions does Clive come to about his relationship with Vernon?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)