|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Through what outlet does the Garmony family make a statement?
2. What does Julian's outing do for his career?
(a) Turned him into a celebrity.
(b) Destroyed it.
(c) Consolidated it.
(d) Encouraged him to become more liberal.
3. How does Clive get to Penrith?
(a) By bus.
(b) By train.
(c) He drives himself.
(d) By horseback.
4. Who does Julian trust with the photographs?
5. What is Clive doing when he sees an argument occur?
(a) Taking notes for a novel.
(b) Writing notes for the finale.
(c) Watching birds.
(d) Writing notes for the introduction.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Three, who does Clive get an urgent call from?
2. On what day is Vernon hailed as the savior of The Judge?
3. What is believed to be the cause of problems between Vernon and Clive?
4. What is the first cause of the deteriorating relationship between Clive and Vernon?
5. How long does Julian's wife claim to know about his sexual proclivities?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Rose Garmony go on TV instead of Julian?
2. What role does Clive believe he plays in his relationship with Vernon? What role does Vernon play in the relationship, according to Clive?
3. Why does Clive oppose Vernon's plan to post the pictures?
4. How is Vernon's fortune been reversed?
5. Why does Rose Garmony reveal the pictures of her husband?
6. How is Vernon unethical?
7. Is one of the men more morally right than the other?
8. Why does Clive confess that he sees a violent attack to Vernon?
9. What obstacles stand in the way of Vernon's plan for Julian's photos?
10. Does Vernon consider the consequences of posting the photos of Julian?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)