|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Frank's role at The Judge?
(a) Foreign deputy editor.
(b) Political editor.
(c) Senior editor.
(d) Foreign duty reporter.
2. In Chapter Three, who does Clive get an urgent call from?
(c) A musician.
3. What does Vernon show Clive when they see each other?
(a) Photographs of Molly.
(b) A positive article about Julian.
(c) Photographs of Julian.
(d) Moll's last will and testament.
4. What does Clive prepare for when he returns after hiking?
(a) To go to London.
(b) To complete the symphony.
(c) To go to Amsterdam.
(d) To publish photos of Julian.
5. What other story runs in the newspaper with the photos of Julian?
(a) The medical scandal in The Netherlands continues.
(b) Clive is profiled as a famous composer.
(c) The Lakeland rapist attacks a woman.
(d) The Prime Minister is elected.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Vernon a victim of?
2. What is the main setting of Chapter Three?
3. Where are the photos of Julian displayed in The Judge?
4. What do both Clive and Vernon fail to see?
5. Who does Julian's wife publicly denounce?
Short Essay Questions
1. What affect does the revealed photo have on Julian Garmony's career?
2. What is Vernon's plan for the photos of Julian?
3. Is Vernon really a victim? If so, what is he a victim of?
4. Why does Rose Garmony reveal the pictures of her husband?
5. What obstacles stand in the way of Vernon's plan for Julian's photos?
6. Why does Clive oppose Vernon's plan to post the pictures?
7. What inspires Clive when he goes hiking?
8. What role does Clive believe he plays in his relationship with Vernon? What role does Vernon play in the relationship, according to Clive?
9. Describe the photos that Vernon has of Julian.
10. Why does Clive confess that he sees a violent attack to Vernon?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)