|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What consequence does Vernon consider to posting the pictures?
(b) That Vernon gets fired.
(c) That Vernon's staff turns against him.
(d) That Julian's family abandons him.
2. What is believed to be the cause of problems between Vernon and Clive?
(a) The pact is too stressful to keep.
(b) Molly's death affects them both.
(c) Their relationship is lopsided.
(d) Julian has put a wedge between them.
3. What does Julian's wife unveil to the media?
(a) Pictures of Julian that Vernon never sees before.
(b) Scandalous photos of Molly.
(c) The photos of Julian that are going to be published.
(d) Scandalous photos of Vernon.
4. On what day is Vernon hailed as the savior of The Judge?
5. When do Clive and Vernon have an argument?
(a) The night before Clive leaves to Penrith.
(b) They do not have an argument.
(c) The day after Clive returns from Penrith.
(d) The day before they both go to Amsterdam.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who begins to denounce Vernon by the end of the weekend?
2. What type of worker is Frank?
3. Which word best describes Clive in Chapter Four?
4. What other story runs in the newspaper with the photos of Julian?
5. Where are the photos of Julian displayed in The Judge?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Vernon's fate a consequence of poor judgment?
2. What inspires Clive when he goes hiking?
3. Why does Rose Garmony go on TV instead of Julian?
4. What conclusions does Clive come to about his relationship with Vernon?
5. Why doesn't Clive contact the police about what he witnesses at the hiking trail?
6. What is Vernon's plan for the photos of Julian?
7. Are Clive and Vernon hypocrites? Why or why not?
8. How is Vernon's fortune been reversed?
9. How is Vernon unethical?
10. How does Clive undermine his moral authority?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)