|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character is the focal point of Chapter Four?
2. What does Vernon want Clive to do?
(a) Support him publishing the photos.
(b) Contact the police.
(c) Find the Lakeland rapist.
(d) Confess to a crime.
3. What is the name of Julian's wife?
4. Which pair of characters disagrees about publishing photos of Julian in The Judge?
(a) Julian and Clive.
(b) Clive and George.
(c) Vernon and Clive.
(d) Vernon and George.
5. Which word best describes Clive in Chapter Four?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Frank's role at The Judge?
2. What is the first cause of the deteriorating relationship between Clive and Vernon?
3. When do Clive and Vernon have an argument?
4. What roles does Clive believe that Vernon plays?
5. What does Julian's wife compare the person she denounces to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Vernon consider the consequences of posting the photos of Julian?
2. How does Clive undermine his moral authority?
3. What choice does Clive make on his hiking trip?
4. How is Clive unethical?
5. Why does Clive confess that he sees a violent attack to Vernon?
6. Is one of the men more morally right than the other?
7. How is Vernon's fate a consequence of poor judgment?
8. Why doesn't Clive contact the police about what he witnesses at the hiking trail?
9. What obstacles stand in the way of Vernon's plan for Julian's photos?
10. What is Frank's role in Vernon's resignation?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)