|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Clive going to hike later than he originally wants?
(a) He gets into a car accident.
(b) He meets with Vernon.
(c) The train is delayed.
(d) He meets with George.
2. Who does Chapter Three focus on?
3. What is Vernon afraid of?
(a) That George is out for revenge on Vernon and Clive as well as Julian.
(b) That is staff is conspiring against him.
(c) That Julian has a successful bid to become prime minister.
(d) That Molly leaves nothing for him in her will.
4. What is Vernon's complaint to Clive?
(a) Julian threatens Vernon.
(b) Julian knows Vernon has pictures of him.
(c) A co-worker is giving Vernon a hard time.
(d) Vernon's staff is against him.
5. How does Clive get to Penrith?
(a) He drives himself.
(b) By train.
(c) By bus.
(d) By horseback.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first cause of the deteriorating relationship between Clive and Vernon?
2. What does Clive think about on his way to Penrith?
3. What does Clive confess to Vernon on the phone?
4. When does Vernon notice that he has a new purpose in life?
5. How does Clive feel about ignoring the argument?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Rose Garmony reveal the pictures of her husband?
2. Are Clive and Vernon hypocrites? Why or why not?
3. What affect does the revealed photo have on Julian Garmony's career?
4. Is one of the men more morally right than the other?
5. Why does Rose Garmony go on TV instead of Julian?
6. What is Frank's role in Vernon's resignation?
7. Why does Clive oppose Vernon's plan to post the pictures?
8. Describe the photos that Vernon has of Julian.
9. How is Vernon's fortune been reversed?
10. What conclusions does Clive come to about his relationship with Vernon?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)