|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who begins to denounce Vernon by the end of the weekend?
(b) The television news.
(c) The Judge's editorials.
(d) Other newspapers.
2. Through what outlet does the Garmony family make a statement?
3. What right does Vernon deny Julian by publishing his photos?
(a) The right not to be humiliated.
(b) The legal right to own copyright of the pictures.
(c) The right to sexual expression in private.
(d) The right to public office.
4. Which pair of characters disagrees about publishing photos of Julian in The Judge?
(a) Clive and George.
(b) Julian and Clive.
(c) Vernon and George.
(d) Vernon and Clive.
5. What is the main setting of Chapter Three?
(b) Holland Park.
(c) Lake District.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Vernon's new purpose in life?
2. Who plans to ruin Vernon's job at The Judge?
3. Where does Clive go after his hiking trip?
4. Why are the pictures of Julian so scandalous?
5. Who does Julian's wife publicly denounce?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is one of the men more morally right than the other?
2. Why does Clive confess that he sees a violent attack to Vernon?
3. How is Vernon unethical?
4. How does Clive undermine his moral authority?
5. How is Vernon's fate a consequence of poor judgment?
6. Does Vernon consider the consequences of posting the photos of Julian?
7. What is Frank's role in Vernon's resignation?
8. How is Vernon's fortune been reversed?
9. Why does Rose Garmony reveal the pictures of her husband?
10. How is Clive unethical?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)