|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the person Amos bid on do in the middle of house projects?
2. For what does Amos use his saved money?
3. What does Amos do every Sunday in Jaffrey?
4. What is the first name of Mrs. Burdoo?
5. What kind of house does Amos build for himself in Jaffrey?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Violet do when she sees what Amos plans to do for Lois Burdoo?
2. What does Violet say to Amos to validate her actions with the money?
3. How does Amos spend his first summer in Jaffrey?
4. What does Lois Burdoo say to Amos in church one day that deeply touches him?
5. What does Amos hear on the mountain that he sees as a sign from God?
6. What does Amos say to calm the worries of the person who greets him and his family when they get to Jaffrey?
7. What is Amos's house in Jaffrey filled with during the first summer, and why?
8. How does Amos help two of the Burdoo boys?
9. What does Amos have done with the money he has saved up when he dies?
10. What do Violet and Ceylinda do after Polly's death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Amos endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
Honor is something that many of the main characters are striving for in this book. Who is most affected by this pursuit, and how does it change the course of the plot?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)