|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who in the town Amos rides through before proposing to his third wife tells Amos that his work is impressive?
2. In what year does Amos marry his third wife?
3. Where does At-mun sleep after he is sold?
4. Who purchases At-mun the second time he is on auction?
5. What does Mrs. Richardson do when her husband dies?
Short Essay Questions
1. For what is the African tribe preparing at the beginning of the book?
2. What happens to Amos when Mr. Copeland died?
3. Why does Amos wait so long to marry his first wife?
4. What does At-mun do when the big commotion occurs at the beginning of the book?
5. What happens that causes Amos to realize he would never find his sister?
6. What does Mrs. Richardson do when her husband dies?
7. What does At-mun say as he is being led away?
8. Describe the third woman that Amos falls in love with.
9. How does Amos feel about Keene as he is traveling through it one day?
10. What does Amos do with the money he earns from the Copelands and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Honor is something that many of the main characters are striving for in this book. Who is most affected by this pursuit, and how does it change the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 3
Fear, a common theme in this book, is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)