|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does At-mun sleep after he is sold?
2. Who in the town Amos rides through before proposing to his third wife tells Amos that his work is impressive?
3. What does At-mun do every Sunday?
4. What image does At-mun fight to keep while he is on the ship?
5. Who is the first person killed by the slavers at the beginning of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the Copelands teach the slave boy while he stays with them?
2. What happens when the slave ship reaches the beach to pick up the slavers and the captives?
3. What happens when Amos first speaks with the cobbler in Keene?
4. What does Amos do with the money he earns from the Copelands and why?
5. How much does Amos pay for his second wife, and why does he agree to this?
6. What happens when the cobbler comes to pay Amos for the work he did?
7. How does the stableman treat Amos in his way through Keene?
8. Where does Amos get his horse?
9. How is At-mun captured?
10. What is the one thing Amos asks of the Richardsons when he is first purchased by them, and what is their response?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Belonging and security are two themes present in this book. Where do these themes appear, and which characters are most motivated by them?
Essay Topic 2
Many different characters in this book are persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord? What are some of these instances, and how does persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Power and greed are two common themes in this book. Where do they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)