|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the king's son try to protect when the slavers invade the camp?
2. When do the slavers allow their captives the first rest on their march?
3. What is the last stop the ship makes?
4. Where are the slaves housed when they reach the ocean?
5. What do the Copelands name At-mun?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the stableman treat Amos in his way through Keene?
2. How does Amos feel about Keene as he is traveling through it one day?
3. How is At-mun sold at the auction?
4. What is Richardson's plan to free Amos and how is this plan received?
5. For what is the African tribe preparing at the beginning of the book?
6. What do the Copelands teach the slave boy while he stays with them?
7. What happens that causes Amos to realize he would never find his sister?
8. Why does Amos wait so long to marry his first wife?
9. What happens when Amos first speaks with the cobbler in Keene?
10. How does the ceremony at the beginning of the book start out?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sacrifice is a prevalent theme in this book. Who are the characters most affected by this theme, and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affect the course of the plot. Why might Elizabeth Yates have chosen these particular places for this event to take place?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)