|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who first greets Amos when he gets to Jaffrey?
(a) The lawyer.
(b) The constable.
(c) The mayor.
(d) The sheriff.
2. Who helps Amos build his house on his new farm?
(a) His neighbor.
(b) The cobbler.
(c) The pastor.
3. How does Amos feel when Violet say she has hidden the saved money?
4. What important papers does Amos keep for his apprentice?
(a) The indenture papers.
(b) The working visa.
(c) The manumission papers.
(d) The service contract.
5. Where does Amos dry the hides he works on?
(a) The temporary shelter.
(b) A barn.
(c) The yard.
(d) His house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Amos save before moving to Jaffrey?
2. What does Violet tell Amos she would not do when he comes back?
3. What wakes Amos while he is away from his house after he hears Violet has hidden his saved money?
4. What kind of house does Amos build for himself in Jaffrey?
5. Who is Amos sent to talk to after he is greeted in Jaffrey?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Amos find land to use when he first gets to Jaffrey?
2. What important papers does Amos always carry with him?
3. What does Violet say to Amos to validate her actions with the money?
4. What does Amos hear on the mountain that he sees as a sign from God?
5. What does Polly do when she comes to live with Amos and Violet?
6. What does Amos have done with the money he has saved up when he dies?
7. What does the town do after refusing to support the Burdoos any longer?
8. What is Amos's house in Jaffrey filled with during the first summer, and why?
9. What does Amos say to Violet when he gets back from his time on the mountain?
10. How does Amos spend his first summer in Jaffrey?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)