|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fills up Amos's house when it is first built in Jaffrey?
(a) The tanning business.
(b) Violet's paintings.
(c) Their furniture.
2. Where does Amos dry the hides he works on?
(a) The yard.
(b) A barn.
(c) The temporary shelter.
(d) His house.
3. What does the person Amos bid on do in the middle of house projects?
(b) Walk away.
(c) Stare into space.
(d) Fall asleep.
4. Who is Amos sent to talk to after he is greeted in Jaffrey?
(a) The parson.
(b) The cobbler.
(c) The lawyer.
(d) The teacher.
5. How long is Lois supported by the town?
(a) 18 months.
(b) Many years.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 6 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many women does Amos free from slavery before he dies?
2. Who does Amos talk to when he leaves his house after hearing that Violet hid his saved money?
3. Who does Amos take on as an apprentice?
4. Why is Amos so interested in helping Lois?
5. What does Violet tell Amos she would not do when he comes back?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Amos spend his first summer in Jaffrey?
2. What does Ceylinda do while Amos and Violet work during the first summer in Jaffrey?
3. How long does Amos save money before moving to Jaffrey, and why?
4. What does Amos have done with the money he has saved up when he dies?
5. What do Violet and Ceylinda do after Polly's death?
6. What is Amos most worried about when he moves to Jaffrey, and what gives him comfort in this worry?
7. What does Amos do when he hears that his wife had hidden his money?
8. What important papers does Amos always carry with him?
9. What does Amos spend his weekdays doing during his first summer in Jaffrey?
10. What does the town do after refusing to support the Burdoos any longer?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)