|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of house does Amos build for himself in Jaffrey?
(a) Wood slatted.
(b) Mud house.
2. Who is buried by Amos in the graveyard?
3. Who helps Amos build his house on his new farm?
(a) The pastor.
(b) The cobbler.
(d) His neighbor.
4. Who is Amos sent to talk to after he is greeted in Jaffrey?
(a) The cobbler.
(b) The lawyer.
(c) The teacher.
(d) The parson.
5. Who says that Lois's daughter was born free?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Violet's daughter like to do in Jaffrey while Amos works during the summer?
2. What is built for Amos when he first gets to Jaffrey?
3. Where does Ceylinda sell the things she makes to make money?
4. What is the first name of Mrs. Burdoo?
5. What causes the thing that wakes Amos while he is away from his house after he hears Violet has hidden his saved money?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Amos spend his first summer in Jaffrey?
2. What does Amos do when he hears that his wife had hidden his money?
3. What is Amos's house in Jaffrey filled with during the first summer, and why?
4. What does Amos leave to Violet in his will?
5. Where does Amos find land to use when he first gets to Jaffrey?
6. What does Amos tell Violet when Violet says that Polly had been born free?
7. What does Lois Burdoo say to Amos in church one day that deeply touches him?
8. What is Amos most worried about when he moves to Jaffrey, and what gives him comfort in this worry?
9. What do Violet and Ceylinda do after Polly's death?
10. What does Amos say to Violet when he gets back from his time on the mountain?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)