|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Amos charged to use the land when he first gets to Jaffrey?
(a) $10 a month.
(b) $100 a year.
(c) 10% of his earnings.
2. Who does Amos take on as an apprentice?
(a) The son of the cobbler.
(b) The son of the parson.
(c) The son of the teacher.
(d) The son of the doctor.
3. Who does Amos ask to write on his headstone after his death?
(a) The parson.
4. What does Ceylinda sell to people to make money?
5. What does Amos ask of the man he visits after he is shortchanged by a rude man at the end of the book?
(a) Sing a hymn with him.
(b) Let him speak in church.
(c) Write his will.
(d) Sell him some land.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Amos build his house on his new farm?
2. What causes the thing that wakes Amos while he is away from his house after he hears Violet has hidden his saved money?
3. Who helps Amos build his home in Jaffrey?
4. What does Amos do every Sunday in Jaffrey?
5. Where in the church in Jaffrey is Amos allowed to sit?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ceylinda do while Amos and Violet work during the first summer in Jaffrey?
2. What happens that causes Amos to go home and write his will?
3. What does Amos have done with the money he has saved up when he dies?
4. What does Amos do when he hears that his wife had hidden his money?
5. What does Amos hear on the mountain that he sees as a sign from God?
6. How does Amos help two of the Burdoo boys?
7. What does Lois Burdoo say to Amos in church one day that deeply touches him?
8. What does the town do after refusing to support the Burdoos any longer?
9. What does Violet say to Amos to validate her actions with the money?
10. What does Amos tell Violet when Violet says that Polly had been born free?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)