|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does At-mun live with the Copelands?
(a) 15 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 12 years.
(d) 5 years.
2. What is the name of the town Amos moves to before he proposes to his third wife?
3. How does Mrs. Copeland react when her husband comes home with a slave boy?
(a) She is a little confused.
(b) She is really happy.
(c) She is not surprised.
(d) She is angry.
4. What do the Copelands name At-mun?
5. What is the name of the king's daughter?
Short Answer Questions
1. For what is the tribe preparing at the beginning of the book?
2. Why does At-mun stay awake during the entire journey to the ocean?
3. When do the slavers allow their captives the first rest on their march?
4. Where are the slaves housed when they reach the ocean?
5. What does the king's son say he can never escape as he is being dragged away?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the ceremony at the beginning of the book start out?
2. How does Mrs. Copeland feel about the slave boy her husband has brought home?
3. What does At-mun do when the big commotion occurs at the beginning of the book?
4. How does Mrs. Copeland respond when her husband brings home a slave boy?
5. What happens when the cobbler comes to pay Amos for the work he did?
6. What happens to Amos when Mr. Copeland died?
7. How are the slaves housed while on the beach?
8. What happens when Amos first speaks with the cobbler in Keene?
9. How is At-mun captured?
10. How does the stableman treat Amos in his way through Keene?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)