|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the other slaves do on Sundays?
(a) Embrace each other and find comfort.
(b) Tell stories of Africa.
(c) Sing songs of worship.
(d) Make plans to escape slavery.
2. What does Amos do the day before he marries his third wife?
(a) Buys some land.
(b) Makes her a dress.
(c) Gets baptized.
(d) Buys a horse.
3. What is the first name of Amos's second owner?
4. What is the name of the ship At-mun is placed on?
(a) The Red Baron.
(b) The White Falcon.
(c) The Seahawk.
(d) The Indefatigable.
5. Why does At-mun stay awake during the entire journey to the ocean?
(a) He wants to protect the people from snakes along the river.
(b) He wants to soak in every memory.
(c) He wants to be able to lead his people back.
(d) He wants to attack the captors when they are sleeping.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does At-mun do every Sunday?
2. What does Mr. Copeland teach At-mun to do?
3. From whom does At-mun like to learn?
4. How old is the youngest child of the third woman Amos falls in love with?
5. What does Mrs. Copeland teach At-mun?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Amos do with the money he earns from the Copelands and why?
2. How does the stableman treat Amos in his way through Keene?
3. Where does Amos get his horse?
4. What does Mr. Copeland offer Amos that he refuses, and why does he refuse the offer?
5. How does Mrs. Copeland respond when her husband brings home a slave boy?
6. What happens when the slave ship reaches the beach to pick up the slavers and the captives?
7. Describe the third woman that Amos falls in love with.
8. What do the Copelands teach the slave boy while he stays with them?
9. How does the ceremony at the beginning of the book start out?
10. How is At-mun captured?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)