|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who in the town Amos rides through before proposing to his third wife tells Amos that his work is impressive?
(a) The cobbler.
(b) The blacksmith.
(c) The baker.
(d) The mayor.
2. How does Mrs. Copeland react when her husband comes home with a slave boy?
(a) She is not surprised.
(b) She is angry.
(c) She is really happy.
(d) She is a little confused.
3. What does someone want to do with the horse before Amos gets it?
(a) Sell it.
(b) Tan its hide.
(c) Enter it into a race.
(d) Eat it.
4. What is the name of the town Amos moves to before he proposes to his third wife?
5. Who does not like the idea of indenturing Amos to Mr. Richardson?
(b) Mrs. Richardson.
(d) Mr. Richardson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the king's son say to the person he tries to protect as he is dragged away?
2. What does Amos give Mrs. Richardson as a gift?
3. What causes Amos to realize he will never find his sister?
4. How does Amos describe the town he rides through before proposing to his third wife?
5. Where does the second woman Amos loved injure her leg?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the slave ship reaches the beach to pick up the slavers and the captives?
2. What happens when the cobbler comes to pay Amos for the work he did?
3. What happens to Amos when Mr. Copeland died?
4. How does Amos feel about Keene as he is traveling through it one day?
5. How is At-mun captured?
6. What happens when Amos first speaks with the cobbler in Keene?
7. What do the Copelands teach the slave boy while he stays with them?
8. What does Mrs. Richardson do when her husband dies?
9. What does At-mun do when the big commotion occurs at the beginning of the book?
10. How does Mrs. Copeland respond when her husband brings home a slave boy?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)