|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Amos talk to when he leaves his house after hearing that Violet hid his saved money?
(a) The parson.
(b) Lois Burdoo.
(c) His father's spirit.
2. What does Violet do while Amos is gone?
(a) Packs her things.
(b) Puts the kettle of money back.
(c) Sends word to Lois Burdoo.
(d) Sends a search party out for Amos.
3. What does Amos take with him when he leaves the house after hearing Violet hid his money?
(a) Bread and water.
(b) A notebook.
(c) The Bible.
(d) Some jerky.
4. What does Amos and his family not have much of on their journey to Jaffrey?
5. For what does Amos thank God when Lois's daughter dies?
(a) She dies free.
(b) It is not his own daughter that dies.
(c) She is converted before she dies.
(d) She dies without pain.
6. How does Amos describe his journey to Jaffrey with his family?
(a) Short and easy.
(b) Calm and peaceful.
(c) Long and hard.
(d) Hectic and enjoyable.
7. Where does Amos dry the hides he works on?
(a) A barn.
(b) His house.
(c) The temporary shelter.
(d) The yard.
8. What kind of house does Amos build for himself in Jaffrey?
(a) Mud house.
(b) Wood slatted.
9. Who is put up on auction when the Burdoos are no longer supported by the city?
(b) Two of the Burdoo children.
(c) Lois's slaves.
(d) Mr. Burdoo.
10. Who does Amos ask to write on his headstone after his death?
(b) The parson.
11. What does Amos see in the thing that wakes him while he is away from his house after he hears Violet has hidden his saved money?
(a) A sign from God.
(b) An omen of danger.
(c) His future.
(d) Violet's logic.
12. What is the first name of Mrs. Burdoo?
13. Where in the church in Jaffrey is Amos allowed to sit?
(a) In the back.
(b) In the front.
(c) In the doorway.
(d) In the foyer.
14. Where does Violet bury Amos's money?
(a) In a cave.
(b) In the fireplace.
(c) In the woods.
(d) In her bed.
15. How long is Lois supported by the town?
(a) 18 months.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 6 months.
(d) Many years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Amos say he is proud of Violet for when he comes back to his house?
2. What does Amos say a man needs in order to be free?
3. Where does Amos leave most of his money when he dies?
4. With whom does Violet's daughter like to do things in Jaffrey while Amos works during the summer?
5. What does Amos wear every Sunday in Jaffrey?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)