|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the occupation of the man who couldn't pay his entire bill to Amos?
2. What does Amos ask of his new owner?
(a) To learn a trade.
(b) To have his own room.
(c) To go to Boston for auctions.
(d) To earn his freedom.
3. For what is the tribe preparing at the beginning of the book?
(a) A ritual.
(b) A hunt.
(c) A dance.
(d) A feast.
4. What is the first name of Amos's second owner?
5. What causes Amos to realize he will never find his sister?
(a) She would not have been sold.
(b) She is older now.
(c) She is meant for other things.
(d) She is probably dead.
6. What does the king's son say he can never escape as he is being dragged away?
(a) His punishment.
(b) His memory.
(c) His birthright.
(d) His fate.
7. What does Amos realize after seeing his reflection for the first time in years?
(a) He is handsome.
(b) He is unattractive.
(c) He has aged.
(d) He is unrecognizable.
8. What image does At-mun fight to keep while he is on the ship?
(a) His sister's face.
(b) The beach.
(c) His village.
(d) His father's crown.
9. What does Amos take in exchange for the half of a payment he returns?
(a) Some clothing.
(b) A pair of shoes.
(c) Some information.
(d) A dog.
10. Where are the slaves housed when they reach the ocean?
(a) A pit.
(b) A cave.
(c) A tent.
(d) A hut.
11. What do the other slaves call At-mun?
(a) Mr. Fortunate.
(b) Mr. Fortunatus.
(c) Mr. Royalty.
(d) Mr. King.
12. How old is the king's son at the beginning of the book?
13. Where does the second woman Amos loved injure her leg?
(a) In the fields.
(b) On the slave ship.
(c) At birth.
(d) On some stairs.
14. What is the name of the ship At-mun is placed on?
(a) The Red Baron.
(b) The Seahawk.
(c) The White Falcon.
(d) The Indefatigable.
15. How does Amos describe the town he rides through before proposing to his third wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the king's son try to protect when the slavers invade the camp?
2. Who in the town Amos rides through before proposing to his third wife tells Amos that his work is impressive?
3. What does someone want to do with the horse before Amos gets it?
4. What does Mrs. Copeland teach At-mun?
5. What is the name of the third woman Amos falls in love with?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)