|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what part of Africa does this book begin?
(a) The desert.
(b) The jungle.
(c) The city.
(d) The coast.
2. What is the name of the man who buys At-mun?
3. Where does At-mun sleep after he is sold?
(b) On the floor.
(c) On a cot.
(d) In a barn.
4. How does Amos describe the town he rides through before proposing to his third wife?
5. What instrument does the king play at the beginning of this book?
(c) Conch shell.
6. How long does At-mun live with the Copelands?
(a) 12 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 15 years.
7. What do the other slaves do on Sundays?
(a) Embrace each other and find comfort.
(b) Make plans to escape slavery.
(c) Sing songs of worship.
(d) Tell stories of Africa.
8. Who does the king's son try to protect when the slavers invade the camp?
(a) His wife.
(b) His father.
(c) His sister.
(d) His mother.
9. How many natural children do the Copelands have?
10. What does Mrs. Richardson do when her husband dies?
(a) Gives Amos his freedom.
(b) Moves back to England.
(c) Sells her husband's farm.
(d) Sells Amos.
11. Who does not like the idea of indenturing Amos to Mr. Richardson?
(a) Mrs. Richardson.
(b) Mr. Richardson.
12. What does Amos learn from Mr. Richardson?
(a) Farrier work.
13. For how much is At-mun sold?
(a) 30 pounds.
(b) 40 pounds.
(c) 10 pounds.
(d) 20 pounds.
14. From whom does At-mun like to learn?
(a) Mrs. Copeland.
(b) Wiser older men.
(c) Religious men.
15. Where is the ship heading?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. Richardson's occupation?
2. What does At-mun repeat to himself over and over while on the ship?
3. Why do the captors feed the slaves so poorly?
4. What does At-mun do to raise his price when he is auctioned a second time?
5. What do the slavers use to bind the king's son?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)