|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the weather like at the very beginning of this book?
2. Who purchases At-mun the second time he is on auction?
(a) Mr. Richmond.
(b) Mr. Richardson.
(c) Mr. Rickman.
(d) Mr. Rankor.
3. What do the slavers do when they allow the captives to rest for the first time during their march?
(a) Whip the slaves.
(b) Play a game.
(c) Eat in front of the slaves.
(d) Nap in a tent.
4. Why does At-mun stay awake during the entire journey to the ocean?
(a) He wants to protect the people from snakes along the river.
(b) He wants to soak in every memory.
(c) He wants to attack the captors when they are sleeping.
(d) He wants to be able to lead his people back.
5. What do the slavers use to bind the king's son?
(a) Bamboo withes.
(c) Sailing rope.
6. What is the name of the ship At-mun is placed on?
(a) The Indefatigable.
(b) The Red Baron.
(c) The White Falcon.
(d) The Seahawk.
7. Where does the ship make its first stop?
(a) The Bahamas.
(b) The Carolinas.
(d) The West Indies.
8. What does the king's son say he can never escape as he is being dragged away?
(a) His memory.
(b) His punishment.
(c) His birthright.
(d) His fate.
9. When do the slavers allow their captives the first rest on their march?
10. How does Amos describe the town he rides through before proposing to his third wife?
11. What is wrong with the king's daughter?
(a) She is deaf.
(b) She is missing an arm.
(c) She has a lame leg.
(d) She is blind.
12. Why do the captors feed the slaves so poorly?
(a) They want to save supplies.
(b) They want to keep the slaves strong.
(c) They want to bet on the fights.
(d) They want to weed out the weak.
13. How often are the slaves fed when they reach the ocean?
(a) Every other day.
(b) Twice a week.
(c) Once a day.
(d) Every 12 hours.
14. How long is the trip from Africa to the intended destination?
(a) Two months.
(b) One month.
(c) Three months.
(d) Four months.
15. What is the last stop the ship makes?
(a) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does At-mun live with the Copelands?
2. What is the name of the second woman Amos falls in love with?
3. From whom does At-mun like to learn?
4. What is the name of the town that Amos rides through before he proposes to his third wife?
5. What does Amos do the day before he marries his third wife?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)