|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the slavers do when they allow the captives to rest for the first time during their march?
(a) Play a game.
(b) Eat in front of the slaves.
(c) Whip the slaves.
(d) Nap in a tent.
2. What is the name of the second woman Amos falls in love with?
3. What is the name of the king's son?
4. What is Mrs. Copeland's name?
5. What does Amos ask his second master for after serving him for a long time?
(a) A piece of his business.
(b) Some money.
(c) His freedom.
(d) Some land.
6. What does At-mun do to raise his price when he is auctioned a second time?
(a) Sing songs.
(b) Tells stories.
(c) Bids on himself.
(d) Shows off his strength.
7. How does Amos describe the town he rides through before proposing to his third wife?
8. How old is the youngest child of the third woman Amos falls in love with?
9. What does the king's son say he can never escape as he is being dragged away?
(a) His memory.
(b) His fate.
(c) His birthright.
(d) His punishment.
10. How many natural children do the Copelands have?
11. What is the name of the first woman Amos falls in love with?
12. What is the name of Amos's third wife's youngest daughter?
13. Who does the king's son try to protect when the slavers invade the camp?
(a) His mother.
(b) His sister.
(c) His wife.
(d) His father.
14. What is Mr. Copeland supposed to do while he is in town?
(a) Buy some supplies.
(b) Sell some cloth.
(c) Mail a letter.
(d) Buy a slave.
15. Who is left to lead the people after the king's son is dragged away?
(a) The council.
(b) The princess.
(c) The queen.
(d) The doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Amos give Mrs. Richardson as a gift?
2. What causes Amos to realize he will never find his sister?
3. What is different about the third woman that Amos loves than his other wives?
4. What is the name of the man who buys At-mun?
5. Why does Amos give a customer back half of his money?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)