|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the king's son?
2. What is the first name of Amos's second owner?
3. What do the slavers do when they allow the captives to rest for the first time during their march?
(a) Eat in front of the slaves.
(b) Nap in a tent.
(c) Whip the slaves.
(d) Play a game.
4. In what year does Amos marry his third wife?
5. When do the slavers allow their captives the first rest on their march?
6. Where does the ship make its first stop?
(b) The West Indies.
(c) The Carolinas.
(d) The Bahamas.
7. Why does Amos give a customer back half of his money?
(a) The customer offers a trade.
(b) The customer asks for an extension.
(c) The customers complains about the work.
(d) It is the last of the customer's money.
8. What is the name of the tribe at the beginning of the book?
9. Who in the town Amos rides through before proposing to his third wife tells Amos that his work is impressive?
(a) The cobbler.
(b) The blacksmith.
(c) The mayor.
(d) The baker.
10. From whom does At-mun like to learn?
(b) Mrs. Copeland.
(c) Religious men.
(d) Wiser older men.
11. Who is given use of Mr. Richardson's business and tools after his death?
(b) Richardson's uncle.
(c) Mrs. Richardson.
(d) The townspeople.
12. Which of the following does Amos NOT own in 1779?
(a) A dog.
(b) His equipment.
(c) A business.
(d) A house.
13. What does Amos realize after seeing his reflection for the first time in years?
(a) He has aged.
(b) He is handsome.
(c) He is unattractive.
(d) He is unrecognizable.
14. What is the occupation of the man who couldn't pay his entire bill to Amos?
15. Why does At-mun stay awake during the entire journey to the ocean?
(a) He wants to attack the captors when they are sleeping.
(b) He wants to soak in every memory.
(c) He wants to protect the people from snakes along the river.
(d) He wants to be able to lead his people back.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Amos take in exchange for the half of a payment he returns?
2. What do the other slaves call At-mun?
3. Why do the captors feed the slaves so poorly?
4. What is the name of the man who buys At-mun?
5. What is the name of the first woman Amos falls in love with?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)