|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hard Work Fills the Iron Kettle 1781-1789.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does At-mun repeat to himself over and over while on the ship?
(a) A curse.
(b) His father's name.
(c) His name.
(d) A prayer.
2. What is the name of the king's daughter?
3. From whom does At-mun like to learn?
(b) Religious men.
(c) Wiser older men.
(d) Mrs. Copeland.
4. Which of the following does At-mun NOT pray to on his journey to the ocean?
(a) The spirit of his father.
(b) The spirit of the river.
(c) The spirit of the night.
(d) The spirit of victory.
5. What instrument does the king play at the beginning of this book?
(a) Conch shell.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Amos describe his journey to Jaffrey with his family?
2. What does Mr. Copeland teach At-mun to do?
3. What is the name of the town Amos moves to before he proposes to his third wife?
4. Where does Amos get his horse?
5. What do the other slaves call At-mun?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)