Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. That winter what announcement does Sheila make?
2. What does Moran do when he catches Michael coming home late one night?
3. What petty thing sparks a fight between Moran and Michael?
4. Why do Mark and Maggie return to Great Meadow the next summer after their wedding?
5. What does Rose tell Michael he must do to make everything better with Moran?
Essay Topic 1
McQuaid played a big role in Moran's life even though he was only a minor character in the book.
1. Discuss what McQuaid might have represented to Moran and support your answer with examples from the novel.
2. Do you think Moran deciding to end his friendship with McQuaid was the right thing to do? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Michael Moran, Sr. and Michael Moran, Jr. Keep in mind that while these two men seem quite different, they do share many similarities. Discuss both their commonalities and differences in character. Be sure to support your opinions with examples from the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the rural setting of Great Meadows and the urban setting of London and Dublin.
1. What could these two different types of settings represent?
2. Would the story have been as powerful had it taken place outside of Ireland? Why or why not?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)