Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. That winter what announcement does Sheila make?
2. What does Moran do when he catches Michael coming home late one night?
3. What petty thing sparks a fight between Moran and Michael?
4. Why do Mark and Maggie return to Great Meadow the next summer after their wedding?
5. What does Rose tell Michael he must do to make everything better with Moran?
Essay Topic 1
Moran had a strained relationship with all of his children, but certainly more so with his sons. Analyze why it is that Moran got along better with women. Use examples from the book and quotes that might help support your thesis.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Moran from the beginning of the novel to the end. Does he change? If so, is it a positive change or a negative one and why? If you don't believe he changed; explain whether or not you think he needed to. Use examples from the novel to support your answers.
Essay Topic 3
Symbolism is used throughout the novel. The Rosary in particular was a recurring symbol. Define symbolism and give three different examples of what the Rosary may have symbolized. Support each example with evidence from the novel.
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)