|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Michael flee to find refuge?
2. When Maggie asks Luke to come home, what is his response?
3. What is Luke doing for work in London?
4. How many positions does Maggie get accepted to?
5. Who calls Moran from the school to inquire about Michael?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the idea of gender roles as portrayed in the novel.
1. Do you think this novel is portrays women in a positive light? Why or why not?
2. Do you think that the men in the novel show respect to the women in their lives? If so, how? If not, why do you think they disrespect women? Use examples from the novel to support your opinions.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the ending of the novel. Do you think Moran needed to die for the women to feel free? Why or why not. Support your answer with examples and quotes from the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the tone of the novel.
1. Discuss how the setting plays a role in creating the tone.
2. Discuss how the characters' actions help build the tone.
3. Discuss how the dialogue supports the tone.
This section contains 1,109 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)