Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. That winter what announcement does Sheila make?
2. What does Moran do when he catches Michael coming home late one night?
3. What petty thing sparks a fight between Moran and Michael?
4. Why do Mark and Maggie return to Great Meadow the next summer after their wedding?
5. What does Rose tell Michael he must do to make everything better with Moran?
Foreshadowing is often used in literature. It gives the reader insight into what might happen in the future. In Amongst Women, the author utilizes foreshadowing from the very beginning. Did the foreshadowing give the reader a better insight into what was to come? Or did it simply create more questions and suspense? State your opinion and support your answer with examples of foreshadowing from the novel.
Explain how irony was used in the novel to create sympathy for certain characters as well as how it was used to develop certain characters. Discuss how irony helped develop your opinion of Moran in particular.
Discuss the idea of gender roles as portrayed in the novel.
1. Do you think this novel is portrays women in a positive light? Why or why not?
2. Do you think that the men in the novel show respect to the women in their lives? If so, how? If not, why do you think they disrespect women? Use examples from the novel to support your opinions.
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)