|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls Moran from the school to inquire about Michael?
2. What does Nell Morahan do for a living?
3. What do Moran and Rose do instead of attending Maggie's wedding?
4. Who do the girls always bring Rose information about?
5. Michael is caught flirting with Nell Morahan. What is her reputation?
Essay Topic 1
Moran had a strained relationship with all of his children, but certainly more so with his sons. Analyze why it is that Moran got along better with women. Use examples from the book and quotes that might help support your thesis.
Essay Topic 2
Amongst Women focuses heavily on a few male characters, but it is their interactions with women that make for the most interesting parts of the novel. The female characters evolve quite a bit throughout the novel. Discuss the change the female characters go through. Describe their role at the beginning and compare it to their role at the end. How is it different? Why did it change?
Essay Topic 3
Much of this novel takes place in the past through the use of flashbacks. Why do you think the author worked backwards in such a way rather than chronologically? Do you think these flashbacks helped in the development in the characters and if so, how?
This section contains 1,115 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)