|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word best describes how Moran feels about Rose going out?
2. What does young Michael get when Rose and Moran begin sharing a room?
3. Rose visits her family to swap what?
4. Why do Sheila and Sean go back to the house while the rest of the family is pitching in with the haymaking?
5. What is the name of Sheila's boyfriend?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The setting of Amongst Women plays a big role in the story itself. Describe the setting, both historically and geographically, and explain why it is so important to the novel and the development of the characters. Use examples from the novel to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the idea of gender roles as portrayed in the novel.
1. Do you think this novel is portrays women in a positive light? Why or why not?
2. Do you think that the men in the novel show respect to the women in their lives? If so, how? If not, why do you think they disrespect women? Use examples from the novel to support your opinions.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the ending of the novel. Do you think Moran needed to die for the women to feel free? Why or why not. Support your answer with examples and quotes from the novel.
This section contains 1,104 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)