Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. That winter what announcement does Sheila make?
2. What does Moran do when he catches Michael coming home late one night?
3. What petty thing sparks a fight between Moran and Michael?
4. Why do Mark and Maggie return to Great Meadow the next summer after their wedding?
5. What does Rose tell Michael he must do to make everything better with Moran?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the idea of gender roles as portrayed in the novel.
1. Do you think this novel is portrays women in a positive light? Why or why not?
2. Do you think that the men in the novel show respect to the women in their lives? If so, how? If not, why do you think they disrespect women? Use examples from the novel to support your opinions.
Essay Topic 2
Rising action is the events that lead up to the climax.
1. Identify the rising action of the novel.
2. Explain why this is the rising action.
3. Discuss why the rising action is an important element in story telling.
Essay Topic 3
The setting of Amongst Women plays a big role in the story itself. Describe the setting, both historically and geographically, and explain why it is so important to the novel and the development of the characters. Use examples from the novel to support your answer.
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)