Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. That winter what announcement does Sheila make?
2. What does Moran do when he catches Michael coming home late one night?
3. What petty thing sparks a fight between Moran and Michael?
4. Why do Mark and Maggie return to Great Meadow the next summer after their wedding?
5. What does Rose tell Michael he must do to make everything better with Moran?
Essay Topic 1
Explain how irony was used in the novel to create sympathy for certain characters as well as how it was used to develop certain characters. Discuss how irony helped develop your opinion of Moran in particular.
Essay Topic 2
Much of this novel takes place in the past through the use of flashbacks. Why do you think the author worked backwards in such a way rather than chronologically? Do you think these flashbacks helped in the development in the characters and if so, how?
Essay Topic 3
Foreshadowing is often used in literature. It gives the reader insight into what might happen in the future. In Amongst Women, the author utilizes foreshadowing from the very beginning. Did the foreshadowing give the reader a better insight into what was to come? Or did it simply create more questions and suspense? State your opinion and support your answer with examples of foreshadowing from the novel.
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)