|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Rose have plenty of in her younger days?
2. Moran's daughters plan a surprise revival of what special day?
3. How does Moran explain life during the war compared to his life now?
4. How does Rose meet Moran?
5. What word best describes Moran's feelings about the wedding?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the Moran's daughters come home to Great Meadow?
2. Why does Rose stop going to the evening mail group?
3. What are Moran's feelings about Rose during their post office courtship?
4. How does Moran feel about marrying Rose?
5. Name one way in that Moran and Rose are very different.
6. What is the importance of the ritual of the Rosary?
7. What conclusion does Moran come to about Rose Brady?
8. What is Rose Brady's background prior to meeting Moran?
9. Why is money a sensitive subject between Moran and McQuaid?
10. Describe McQuaid's language towards his wife.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the protagonist and antagonist of the novel. This will involve not only identifying both the protagonist and antagonist, but also supporting your choices with evidence from the novel. Once you have done this, compare and contrast the two characters.
Essay Topic 2
Rising action is the events that lead up to the climax.
1. Identify the rising action of the novel.
2. Explain why this is the rising action.
3. Discuss why the rising action is an important element in story telling.
Essay Topic 3
The setting of Amongst Women plays a big role in the story itself. Describe the setting, both historically and geographically, and explain why it is so important to the novel and the development of the characters. Use examples from the novel to support your answer.
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)