|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sheila and Mona send a note to Moran and Rose telling them that Michael is where?
(c) New York.
2. What does young Michael get when Rose and Moran begin sharing a room?
(a) His own room.
(b) Extra free time.
(c) More chores.
(d) A new pet.
3. After taking their final exams, where do Mona and Sheila leave to?
(a) Hong Kong.
(c) New York.
4. Where does Michael go instead of going to school?
(a) Michael travels to London to find Luke.
(b) Michael skips school to go to a bar.
(c) Michael travels back to Dublin.
(d) Michael tries to find Nell.
5. What does Young Michael tend to?
(a) The household chores.
(b) The farm animals.
(c) Rose's flower garden.
(d) The family pet.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the way home from the wedding, what does Moran make everyone do in the car to save time?
2. How does Rose respond when Moran tells her that the family managed well enough before she came?
3. What touchy subject does Moran finally ask Maggie about when she returns from London on holiday?
4. Why do Maggie, Mona, and Sheila all return home?
5. What is the relationship between Maggie and Mark O'Donoghue?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Maggie so confident when she leaves for London?
2. Why do the children appreciate Rose as a new addition to the family?
3. When do Luke and Moran finally reconnect?
4. What causes Moran to become more and more morose throughout Section 4?
5. As time goes on, what becomes the most important thing in Moran's life?
6. What begins to happen to Moran physically after Maggie brings home her newborn son?
7. By Section 5, what is Moran losing that he treasures most?
8. Where does Michael go to escape his father's wrath?
9. What does Mark do that Moran finds ludicrous?
10. What does Moran do when he finds out Michael quit school?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)