|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is the only time that Moran is seemingly happy?
(a) During the Rosary.
(b) During harvest season.
(c) When he is alone.
(d) When his children do well on their exams.
2. How does Maggie fill her time since she no longer has household chores to do?
(a) Listens to the radio.
(b) Studies for her nursing exams.
(c) Explores the farm.
(d) Goes out at night to dances.
3. What does Maggie report about Luke?
(a) He and his businesses are doing well.
(b) He is back in school.
(c) He is broke and needs a loan.
(d) He is lonely and wants to return home.
4. Where does Nell Morahan live?
(a) New York.
5. Sheila and Mona send a note to Moran and Rose telling them that Michael is where?
(c) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What touchy subject does Moran finally ask Maggie about when she returns from London on holiday?
2. Whose place in the household does Rose take over?
3. Who does Sheila invite to the wedding without consulting anyone?
4. That winter what announcement does Sheila make?
5. What does Michael do that shocks the girls and allows them to see him in a different light?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the family respond to Maggie's fiance, Mark O'Donaghue?
2. What does Mark do that Moran finds ludicrous?
3. Why is Maggie so confident when she leaves for London?
4. Why is Moran threatened by Rose?
5. Why does Moran make the entire family join him in the ritual of the Rosary?
6. When do Luke and Moran finally reconnect?
7. As time goes on, what becomes the most important thing in Moran's life?
8. Why is Moran out of sorts the morning after he fights with Rose?
9. What subject infuriates Moran and sparks a fight between he and Rose?
10. What does Moran do when he finds out Michael quit school?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)