|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Nell Morahan live?
(a) New York.
2. What does Rose tell Michael he must do to make everything better with Moran?
(a) Michael must bring Luke home from London.
(b) Michael must give up drinking for good.
(c) Michael must apologize to Moran.
(d) Michael must work on the farm for free.
3. Where do Sean and Sheila get married?
(c) Great Meadow.
(d) The local golf course.
4. What event do the three girls and Michael attend?
(a) The church Christmas play.
(b) The lighting of the town tree.
(c) The St. Stephen's Day dance.
(d) The early morning Mass service.
5. What word best describes how Moran feels about Rose going out?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Michael doesn't show up for the Rosary, where do Moran and Rose assume he is?
2. What does Michael begin to do when he discovers he is attracted to older women?
3. What does Nell Morahan do for a living?
4. What does Mark O'Donoghue do for work in London?
5. Where do Nell and Michael make love?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Moran threatened by Rose?
2. Why is Moran out of sorts the morning after he fights with Rose?
3. What bad habits does Michael engage in once all his sisters leave the house?
4. What begins to happen to Moran physically after Maggie brings home her newborn son?
5. How is Maggie's life changed by Rose becoming part of the family?
6. How does Moran respond when he is questioned about threatening Michael with his gun?
7. What does Mark do that Moran finds ludicrous?
8. As time goes on, what becomes the most important thing in Moran's life?
9. What do Moran and Rose think when Michael isn't present for the Rosary?
10. By Section 5, what is Moran losing that he treasures most?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)