|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the midst of his conflict with Michael, what can be considered Moran's anchor?
(a) The distraction of the farm.
(b) His friendship with McQuaid.
(c) His relationship with Rose.
(d) The ritual of the Rosary.
2. What does Moran tell Michael to do when he finds out about his sons affair with Nell?
(a) Moran tells Michael to end the affair and go back to school or he will send him to boarding school.
(b) Moran hits Michael and informs him that the beatings will continue until the affair ends.
(c) Moran sends Michael to his room and tells him to take of his clothes and prepare for a beating.
(d) Moran kicks Michael out of the house and asks him never to return.
3. What does Moran do when he catches Michael coming home late one night?
(a) Strikes him around the head.
(b) Bans Michael from Great Meadow.
(c) Hits him with a dictionary.
(d) Yells at him until morning.
4. What does Michael do that makes Nell worry?
(a) He quits school early.
(b) He threatens to move away.
(c) He tells Nell he loves her.
(d) He proposes marriage.
5. Rose visits her family to swap what?
(a) Spare produce.
(b) Marriage advice.
(c) Old recipies.
(d) Fabric swatches.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sheila question Moran about in Section 6 that makes Moran very defensive?
2. Moran writes to Luke asking him to do what?
3. What event do the three girls and Michael attend?
4. What do the children tend to do when Moran gets angry?
5. Sheila and Mona send a note to Moran and Rose telling them that Michael is where?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Section 5, what fills the house with joy?
2. What subject infuriates Moran and sparks a fight between he and Rose?
3. What causes Moran to become more and more morose throughout Section 4?
4. How is Michael jeopardizing his future?
5. How does the family respond to Maggie's fiance, Mark O'Donaghue?
6. What does Moran do when he finds out Michael quit school?
7. Why is Moran out of sorts the morning after he fights with Rose?
8. What begins to happen to Moran physically after Maggie brings home her newborn son?
9. By Section 5, what is Moran losing that he treasures most?
10. How does Moran respond when he is questioned about threatening Michael with his gun?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)