|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nell Morahan do for a living?
(a) She works for the government.
(b) She is a waitress.
(c) She is a butcher.
(d) She is a nurse.
2. Where does Moran begin spending much more time after Mark and Maggie's visit?
(a) The church.
(b) His bed.
(c) His porch.
(d) The pub.
3. What does Mark O'Donoghue do for work in London?
(a) He is a construction worker.
(b) He is unemployed.
(c) He is a police officer.
(d) He is an accountant.
4. Sheila and Mona send a note to Moran and Rose telling them that Michael is where?
(c) New York.
5. Why does young Michael cry during the ritual of the Rosary?
(a) He hurt his back tending to the garden.
(b) He is afraid of Moran.
(c) He misses his sisters.
(d) He does not believe in the Rosary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the children tend to do when Moran gets angry?
2. What nightly ritual does Rose become involved in?
3. What does Moran spread across the fields?
4. What is the name of Sheila's boyfriend?
5. What benefits do the girls receive by having Rose around?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Maggie's life changed by Rose becoming part of the family?
2. How does Moran respond when he is questioned about threatening Michael with his gun?
3. What bad habits does Michael engage in once all his sisters leave the house?
4. By Section 5, what is Moran losing that he treasures most?
5. As time goes on, what becomes the most important thing in Moran's life?
6. When do Luke and Moran finally reconnect?
7. Why is Moran threatened by Rose?
8. Why is Maggie so confident when she leaves for London?
9. What do Moran and Rose think when Michael isn't present for the Rosary?
10. In Section 5, what fills the house with joy?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)