|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What benefits do the girls receive by having Rose around?
(a) They now have someone to clean up after them.
(b) They no longer have to cook for themselves.
(c) They confide in her and she protects them from Moran's wrath.
(d) They no longer have to babysit their younger siblings.
2. What does young Michael get when Rose and Moran begin sharing a room?
(a) His own room.
(b) A new pet.
(c) More chores.
(d) Extra free time.
3. After taking their final exams, where do Mona and Sheila leave to?
(a) New York.
(d) Hong Kong.
4. How does Maggie fill her time since she no longer has household chores to do?
(a) Listens to the radio.
(b) Goes out at night to dances.
(c) Explores the farm.
(d) Studies for her nursing exams.
5. Who do the girls always bring Rose information about?
(a) Moran's first wife.
(b) Luke and Michael.
(d) Rose's family in Scotland.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Maggie apply for positions as a nurse?
2. What is Luke doing for work in London?
3. What does Young Michael tend to?
4. Where does Michael flee to find refuge?
5. What does Michael do that shocks the girls and allows them to see him in a different light?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Moran out of sorts the morning after he fights with Rose?
2. How does Moran respond when he is questioned about threatening Michael with his gun?
3. Why does Moran make the entire family join him in the ritual of the Rosary?
4. What do Moran and Rose think when Michael isn't present for the Rosary?
5. Why is Moran threatened by Rose?
6. How is Michael jeopardizing his future?
7. What shocks the girls at the St. Stephens Day dance?
8. In Section 5, what fills the house with joy?
9. What subject infuriates Moran and sparks a fight between he and Rose?
10. Why is Maggie so confident when she leaves for London?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)