|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maggie report about Luke?
(a) He is lonely and wants to return home.
(b) He is back in school.
(c) He is broke and needs a loan.
(d) He and his businesses are doing well.
2. What does Nell Morahan do for a living?
(a) She works for the government.
(b) She is a nurse.
(c) She is a waitress.
(d) She is a butcher.
3. What is Luke doing for work in London?
(a) Luke is unemployed.
(b) Teaching at the University.
(c) Converting old houses into flats.
(d) Luke owns a small farm just like Moran.
4. What does Mark O'Donoghue do for work in London?
(a) He is a police officer.
(b) He is a construction worker.
(c) He is an accountant.
(d) He is unemployed.
5. When is the only time that Moran is seemingly happy?
(a) When his children do well on their exams.
(b) During the Rosary.
(c) During harvest season.
(d) When he is alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Michael do that shocks the girls and allows them to see him in a different light?
2. Why do Sheila and Sean go back to the house while the rest of the family is pitching in with the haymaking?
3. On the way home from the wedding, what does Moran make everyone do in the car to save time?
4. What petty thing sparks a fight between Moran and Michael?
5. What does Moran want to do when Michael returns?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Moran do when he finds out Michael quit school?
2. What causes Moran to become more and more morose throughout Section 4?
3. Why do the children appreciate Rose as a new addition to the family?
4. What do Moran and Rose think when Michael isn't present for the Rosary?
5. How is Michael jeopardizing his future?
6. How does the family respond to Maggie's fiance, Mark O'Donaghue?
7. How does Moran respond when he is questioned about threatening Michael with his gun?
8. What begins to happen to Moran physically after Maggie brings home her newborn son?
9. As time goes on, what becomes the most important thing in Moran's life?
10. What bad habits does Michael engage in once all his sisters leave the house?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)