|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What about Mark shocks Mona and Sheila?
(a) His fashion and appearance.
(b) His lack of manners toward Rose and Moran.
(c) His quiet and shy personality.
(d) His crude language.
2. What does Nell Morahan do for a living?
(a) She is a butcher.
(b) She is a nurse.
(c) She is a waitress.
(d) She works for the government.
3. Where does Rose advocate Maggie to go to train as a nurse?
(a) United States of America.
4. On what occasion does Mark visit Great Meadow?
(a) Moran's birthday.
(c) St. Patrick's Day.
5. What does Michael do when Moran lunges at him?
(a) Michael avoids the lunge and escapes the house.
(b) Michael swings back and breaks Moran's nose.
(c) Michael wrestles Moran to the ground and the two stop when Rose comes in.
(d) Michael gets hit and cries in the corner.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Michael doesn't show up for the Rosary, where do Moran and Rose assume he is?
2. Whose place in the household does Rose take over?
3. What is the relationship between Maggie and Mark O'Donoghue?
4. What does Sheila question Moran about in Section 6 that makes Moran very defensive?
5. What does Moran eye during the fight that makes Michael nervous?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the children appreciate Rose as a new addition to the family?
2. What is it about Moran that seems to regulate the mood in the house?
3. By Section 5, what is Moran losing that he treasures most?
4. What does Moran do when he finds out Michael quit school?
5. Where does Michael go to escape his father's wrath?
6. Why is Maggie so confident when she leaves for London?
7. How is Maggie's life changed by Rose becoming part of the family?
8. What begins to happen to Moran physically after Maggie brings home her newborn son?
9. How is Michael jeopardizing his future?
10. How does Moran respond when he is questioned about threatening Michael with his gun?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)