|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Moran and Rose do instead of attending Maggie's wedding?
(a) Send a check to pay for the reception.
(b) Travel to Scotland to visit Rose's family.
(c) Travel to London to search for Luke.
(d) Send a letter saying they disagree with her choices.
2. Where does Michael go instead of going to school?
(a) Michael travels back to Dublin.
(b) Michael tries to find Nell.
(c) Michael travels to London to find Luke.
(d) Michael skips school to go to a bar.
3. What does Moran tell Michael to do when he finds out about his sons affair with Nell?
(a) Moran tells Michael to end the affair and go back to school or he will send him to boarding school.
(b) Moran hits Michael and informs him that the beatings will continue until the affair ends.
(c) Moran kicks Michael out of the house and asks him never to return.
(d) Moran sends Michael to his room and tells him to take of his clothes and prepare for a beating.
4. Where does Moran begin spending much more time after Mark and Maggie's visit?
(a) His porch.
(b) His bed.
(c) The pub.
(d) The church.
5. What nightly ritual does Rose become involved in?
(a) Saying the Rosary.
(b) Locking up the house.
(c) Tucking in the children.
(d) Doing the dishes.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Moran seems to lose his spark for life, what is it that he mentions he feels betrayed by?
2. When Michael doesn't show up for the Rosary, where do Moran and Rose assume he is?
3. What about Mark shocks Mona and Sheila?
4. What does Sheila question Moran about in Section 6 that makes Moran very defensive?
5. What word best describes how Moran feels about Rose going out?
Short Essay Questions
1. When do Luke and Moran finally reconnect?
2. How is Michael jeopardizing his future?
3. What bad habits does Michael engage in once all his sisters leave the house?
4. In Section 5, what fills the house with joy?
5. How does the family respond to Maggie's fiance, Mark O'Donaghue?
6. Why does Moran make the entire family join him in the ritual of the Rosary?
7. What does Mark do that Moran finds ludicrous?
8. Why is Maggie so confident when she leaves for London?
9. What shocks the girls at the St. Stephens Day dance?
10. How is Maggie's life changed by Rose becoming part of the family?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)