|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does young Michael get when Rose and Moran begin sharing a room?
(a) More chores.
(b) A new pet.
(c) His own room.
(d) Extra free time.
2. Who else in the family also advocated for Maggie to leave and train as a nurse?
3. When is the only time that Moran is seemingly happy?
(a) When he is alone.
(b) When his children do well on their exams.
(c) During the Rosary.
(d) During harvest season.
4. As Moran seems to lose his spark for life, what is it that he mentions he feels betrayed by?
(a) His two sons who left him.
(b) How fast the years have gone by.
(c) Rose who seems to like his children more than him.
(d) How boring life has been after the war.
5. How does Rose respond when Moran tells her that the family managed well enough before she came?
(a) She suffers in silence and says nothing.
(b) She slaps Moran and demands and apology.
(c) She tells Moran she will have to go away from there.
(d) She gets and frustrated and explains all the good she has done.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Moran do when he catches Michael coming home late one night?
2. What does Michael do that shocks the girls and allows them to see him in a different light?
3. Whose place in the household does Rose take over?
4. What about Mark shocks Mona and Sheila?
5. What petty thing sparks a fight between Moran and Michael?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Michael jeopardizing his future?
2. What bad habits does Michael engage in once all his sisters leave the house?
3. What do Moran and Rose think when Michael isn't present for the Rosary?
4. What is it about Moran that seems to regulate the mood in the house?
5. How does Moran respond when he is questioned about threatening Michael with his gun?
6. When do Luke and Moran finally reconnect?
7. In Section 5, what fills the house with joy?
8. Why is Maggie so confident when she leaves for London?
9. What does Mark do that Moran finds ludicrous?
10. What does Moran do when he finds out Michael quit school?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)