|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mark O'Donoghue do for work in London?
(a) He is a construction worker.
(b) He is a police officer.
(c) He is an accountant.
(d) He is unemployed.
2. What does Moran tell Michael to do when he finds out about his sons affair with Nell?
(a) Moran hits Michael and informs him that the beatings will continue until the affair ends.
(b) Moran tells Michael to end the affair and go back to school or he will send him to boarding school.
(c) Moran kicks Michael out of the house and asks him never to return.
(d) Moran sends Michael to his room and tells him to take of his clothes and prepare for a beating.
3. Who calls Moran from the school to inquire about Michael?
(a) Father Murphy.
(b) Mother Mary Dalles.
(c) Sister O'Connell.
(d) Brother Michael.
4. Where does Moran begin spending much more time after Mark and Maggie's visit?
(a) The pub.
(b) The church.
(c) His porch.
(d) His bed.
5. Why do Maggie, Mona, and Sheila all return home?
(a) They heard Michael was getting into trouble.
(b) Rose asked them to visit.
(c) Moran's birthday.
(d) The Christmas holiday.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is the only time that Moran is seemingly happy?
2. Who visits Moran and Rose every other weekend?
3. What chore does Moran gather the children to do?
4. Why do Mark and Maggie return to Great Meadow the next summer after their wedding?
5. In the midst of his conflict with Michael, what can be considered Moran's anchor?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the children appreciate Rose as a new addition to the family?
2. How is Maggie's life changed by Rose becoming part of the family?
3. What shocks the girls at the St. Stephens Day dance?
4. Why does Moran make the entire family join him in the ritual of the Rosary?
5. What does Moran do when he finds out Michael quit school?
6. Why is Moran threatened by Rose?
7. How does Moran respond to Michael's new way of life?
8. What subject infuriates Moran and sparks a fight between he and Rose?
9. What is it about Moran that seems to regulate the mood in the house?
10. What do Moran and Rose think when Michael isn't present for the Rosary?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)