|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sheila question Moran about in Section 6 that makes Moran very defensive?
(a) Michael being afraid of the gun.
(b) Moran's faith.
(c) Luke being beaten.
(d) The bruises on Rose's arms.
2. What petty thing sparks a fight between Moran and Michael?
(a) The way Michael pushes the salt shaker to Moran.
(b) Moran's impolite nicknames for Moran and Nell.
(c) Michael's tendancy to come home late smelling of alcohol.
(d) The way Michael folds the laundry.
3. Rose visits her family to swap what?
(a) Marriage advice.
(b) Fabric swatches.
(c) Spare produce.
(d) Old recipies.
4. Why do Mark and Maggie return to Great Meadow the next summer after their wedding?
(a) Maggie wanted to update Moran and Rose about Luke.
(b) Mark needed to ask Moran for money.
(c) Mark and Maggie are moving back to Great Meadow for good.
(d) Maggie gave birth to a baby boy.
5. On what occasion does Mark visit Great Meadow?
(a) Moran's birthday.
(d) St. Patrick's Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Moran begin spending much more time after Mark and Maggie's visit?
2. On the way home from the wedding, what does Moran make everyone do in the car to save time?
3. Why does young Michael cry during the ritual of the Rosary?
4. Who helps Maggie apply for positions as a nurse?
5. How old is Michael when his sisters leave home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Maggie so confident when she leaves for London?
2. What shocks the girls at the St. Stephens Day dance?
3. What does Mark do that Moran finds ludicrous?
4. What bad habits does Michael engage in once all his sisters leave the house?
5. What subject infuriates Moran and sparks a fight between he and Rose?
6. How does the family respond to Maggie's fiance, Mark O'Donaghue?
7. How does Moran respond to Michael's new way of life?
8. In Section 5, what fills the house with joy?
9. Where does Michael go to escape his father's wrath?
10. What is it about Moran that seems to regulate the mood in the house?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)