|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many positions does Maggie get accepted to?
2. Where does Michael flee to find refuge?
(a) To the cemetery where his real mother is buried.
(b) To Dublin to be with his sisters.
(c) To New York to wait for Nell to return.
(d) To the bar so that he can drink until he forgets his problems.
3. Who do the girls always bring Rose information about?
(a) Moran's first wife.
(b) Rose's family in Scotland.
(c) Luke and Michael.
4. What about Mark shocks Mona and Sheila?
(a) His fashion and appearance.
(b) His quiet and shy personality.
(c) His crude language.
(d) His lack of manners toward Rose and Moran.
5. What does Michael do when Moran lunges at him?
(a) Michael avoids the lunge and escapes the house.
(b) Michael wrestles Moran to the ground and the two stop when Rose comes in.
(c) Michael swings back and breaks Moran's nose.
(d) Michael gets hit and cries in the corner.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Maggie asks Luke to come home, what is his response?
2. What does Nell Morahan do for a living?
3. Rose visits her family to swap what?
4. What does Maggie report that Luke is doing in London?
5. What does Michael begin to do when he discovers he is attracted to older women?
Short Essay Questions
1. What subject infuriates Moran and sparks a fight between he and Rose?
2. Why does Moran make the entire family join him in the ritual of the Rosary?
3. How is Michael jeopardizing his future?
4. Why is Maggie so confident when she leaves for London?
5. As time goes on, what becomes the most important thing in Moran's life?
6. How does Moran respond when he is questioned about threatening Michael with his gun?
7. How does Moran respond to Michael's new way of life?
8. When do Luke and Moran finally reconnect?
9. Why do the children appreciate Rose as a new addition to the family?
10. How does the family respond to Maggie's fiance, Mark O'Donaghue?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)