|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word best describes how Moran feels about Rose going out?
2. What does Young Michael tend to?
(a) The family pet.
(b) Rose's flower garden.
(c) The household chores.
(d) The farm animals.
3. Rose visits her family to swap what?
(a) Marriage advice.
(b) Fabric swatches.
(c) Spare produce.
(d) Old recipies.
4. Michael is caught flirting with Nell Morahan. What is her reputation?
(a) She is shy and rarely talks to men.
(b) She is mean and rude to men.
(c) She is older and promiscuous.
(d) She is younger and immature.
5. What does Mark compare Great Meadow to as he leaves on the train?
(b) A nightmare.
(c) A vacation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who else in the family also advocated for Maggie to leave and train as a nurse?
2. Where does Sheila go on her honeymoon?
3. On what occasion does Mark visit Great Meadow?
4. Where do Sean and Sheila get married?
5. How old is Michael when his sisters leave home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the children appreciate Rose as a new addition to the family?
2. How does Moran respond when he is questioned about threatening Michael with his gun?
3. What begins to happen to Moran physically after Maggie brings home her newborn son?
4. What does Mark do that Moran finds ludicrous?
5. What subject infuriates Moran and sparks a fight between he and Rose?
6. Why does Moran make the entire family join him in the ritual of the Rosary?
7. What bad habits does Michael engage in once all his sisters leave the house?
8. Why is Moran threatened by Rose?
9. As time goes on, what becomes the most important thing in Moran's life?
10. What causes Moran to become more and more morose throughout Section 4?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)