|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sheila and Mona send a note to Moran and Rose telling them that Michael is where?
(b) New York.
2. What benefits do the girls receive by having Rose around?
(a) They now have someone to clean up after them.
(b) They no longer have to cook for themselves.
(c) They confide in her and she protects them from Moran's wrath.
(d) They no longer have to babysit their younger siblings.
3. Where does Nell Morahan live?
(a) New York.
4. Where does Moran begin spending much more time after Mark and Maggie's visit?
(a) The church.
(b) The pub.
(c) His bed.
(d) His porch.
5. What nightly ritual does Rose become involved in?
(a) Locking up the house.
(b) Doing the dishes.
(c) Saying the Rosary.
(d) Tucking in the children.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what occasion does Mark visit Great Meadow?
2. Where does Rose advocate Maggie to go to train as a nurse?
3. Rose visits her family to swap what?
4. What does Nell Morahan do for a living?
5. On the way home from the wedding, what does Moran make everyone do in the car to save time?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Moran make the entire family join him in the ritual of the Rosary?
2. Why is Moran out of sorts the morning after he fights with Rose?
3. How does the family respond to Maggie's fiance, Mark O'Donaghue?
4. How does Moran respond to Michael's new way of life?
5. By Section 5, what is Moran losing that he treasures most?
6. Why is Moran threatened by Rose?
7. What begins to happen to Moran physically after Maggie brings home her newborn son?
8. What shocks the girls at the St. Stephens Day dance?
9. Why do the children appreciate Rose as a new addition to the family?
10. How is Maggie's life changed by Rose becoming part of the family?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)