|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What chore does Moran gather the children to do?
(a) Pick the fruit from the trees.
(b) Mow and gather the hay.
(c) Clean all the windows.
(d) Wash the dishes.
2. Moran writes to Luke asking him to do what?
(a) Meet Maggie in London.
(b) Send money to the family.
(c) Come home.
(d) Allow Maggie to live with him.
3. What benefits do the girls receive by having Rose around?
(a) They now have someone to clean up after them.
(b) They confide in her and she protects them from Moran's wrath.
(c) They no longer have to cook for themselves.
(d) They no longer have to babysit their younger siblings.
4. Michael is caught flirting with Nell Morahan. What is her reputation?
(a) She is mean and rude to men.
(b) She is younger and immature.
(c) She is shy and rarely talks to men.
(d) She is older and promiscuous.
5. What does Moran want to do when Michael returns?
(a) Invite Michael and Nell to live together at Great Meadows.
(b) Inform Michael that he is no longer in the family will.
(c) Administer a beating in front of the whole family.
(d) Apologize to Michael in front of the whole family.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Maggie asks Luke to come home, what is his response?
2. On what occasion does Mark visit Great Meadow?
3. That winter what announcement does Sheila make?
4. When Michael doesn't show up for the Rosary, where do Moran and Rose assume he is?
5. What is the relationship between Maggie and Mark O'Donoghue?
Short Essay Questions
1. What bad habits does Michael engage in once all his sisters leave the house?
2. What shocks the girls at the St. Stephens Day dance?
3. Why does Moran make the entire family join him in the ritual of the Rosary?
4. Why is Moran threatened by Rose?
5. How is Michael jeopardizing his future?
6. In Section 5, what fills the house with joy?
7. Why is Moran out of sorts the morning after he fights with Rose?
8. As time goes on, what becomes the most important thing in Moran's life?
9. What does Mark do that Moran finds ludicrous?
10. Why is Maggie so confident when she leaves for London?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)