|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose place in the household does Rose take over?
2. Who do the girls always bring Rose information about?
(a) Rose's family in Scotland.
(b) Moran's first wife.
(c) Luke and Michael.
3. What does Maggie report that Luke is doing in London?
(a) Studying to be a doctor.
(b) Working as a teacher.
(c) Studying accountancy.
(d) Working as an electrician.
4. Where does Michael go instead of going to school?
(a) Michael travels back to Dublin.
(b) Michael tries to find Nell.
(c) Michael skips school to go to a bar.
(d) Michael travels to London to find Luke.
5. What does Moran eye during the fight that makes Michael nervous?
(a) The Rosary beads.
(b) A kitchen knife.
(c) The shotgun.
(d) Michael's suitcase.
Short Answer Questions
1. What petty thing sparks a fight between Moran and Michael?
2. As Moran seems to lose his spark for life, what is it that he mentions he feels betrayed by?
3. Why do Mark and Maggie return to Great Meadow the next summer after their wedding?
4. What touchy subject does Moran finally ask Maggie about when she returns from London on holiday?
5. In the midst of his conflict with Michael, what can be considered Moran's anchor?
Short Essay Questions
1. When do Luke and Moran finally reconnect?
2. As time goes on, what becomes the most important thing in Moran's life?
3. How does Moran respond to Michael's new way of life?
4. How is Michael jeopardizing his future?
5. What shocks the girls at the St. Stephens Day dance?
6. What does Moran do when he finds out Michael quit school?
7. Why does Moran make the entire family join him in the ritual of the Rosary?
8. Why do the children appreciate Rose as a new addition to the family?
9. Where does Michael go to escape his father's wrath?
10. Why is Maggie so confident when she leaves for London?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)