|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many positions does Maggie get accepted to?
2. What does Mark compare Great Meadow to as he leaves on the train?
(b) A vacation.
(d) A nightmare.
3. Where does Mark go every night to "escape" when he is staying at Great Meadow?
(a) His car.
(b) Maggie's bedroom.
(c) The barn.
(d) The pub.
4. Michael is caught flirting with Nell Morahan. What is her reputation?
(a) She is younger and immature.
(b) She is older and promiscuous.
(c) She is shy and rarely talks to men.
(d) She is mean and rude to men.
5. What does Maggie report about Luke?
(a) He is back in school.
(b) He is lonely and wants to return home.
(c) He and his businesses are doing well.
(d) He is broke and needs a loan.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Maggie fill her time since she no longer has household chores to do?
2. What does Michael borrow from Nell?
3. Where do Sean and Sheila get married?
4. What type of jobs were both Mona and Sheila offered?
5. Where does Rose advocate Maggie to go to train as a nurse?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Moran and Rose think when Michael isn't present for the Rosary?
2. Why does Moran make the entire family join him in the ritual of the Rosary?
3. How does Moran respond when he is questioned about threatening Michael with his gun?
4. As time goes on, what becomes the most important thing in Moran's life?
5. What does Mark do that Moran finds ludicrous?
6. Where does Michael go to escape his father's wrath?
7. Why is Moran out of sorts the morning after he fights with Rose?
8. How is Maggie's life changed by Rose becoming part of the family?
9. What is it about Moran that seems to regulate the mood in the house?
10. How does Moran respond to Michael's new way of life?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)