|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Rose's last name?
2. What word best explains how Moran is acting in regards to his own possible death?
3. What is the reason Rose returns to Ireland?
(a) To work in the post office.
(b) To be with her children.
(c) To win the love of Moran.
(d) To nurse her dying father.
4. How does Rose meet Moran?
(a) They go to the same deli.
(b) Waiting for the mail at the post office.
(c) He ran into her on the street.
(d) They have mutual family friends.
5. What do Rose and her sister sneak into the house?
(a) A Franciscan robe.
(b) A musket from the war.
(c) An ancient set of tea cups.
(d) A German shepherd.
Short Answer Questions
1. After not seeing Rose at the post office, what does Moran do?
2. What does McQuaid drink instead of the tea the girls make?
3. Despite the fact that he asks for the opinions of others, what does Moran usually do?
4. After the war, what does Moran give to McQuaid?
5. What is Rose's first impression of Moran after they first meet?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does McQuaid compliment Moran's daughters during his visit?
2. How does Moran feel about marrying Rose?
3. Why do the Moran's daughters come home to Great Meadow?
4. Why does Moran speak so highly about the war?
5. What are Moran's feelings about Rose during their post office courtship?
6. Why is Moran angry that more than half his children left Ireland to work in England?
7. Why is Moran ill tempered at the beginning of Section 2?
8. Why is money a sensitive subject between Moran and McQuaid?
9. What is the girls' plan for making their father feel better?
10. Explain Rose's role in the Moran family.
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)