|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character heads to bed early by pretending to be sick?
2. What type of work did Rose do before she returned to Ireland?
3. Which word best describes how Moran feels about half of his children moving away?
4. What does Moran tell McQuaid about Luke?
(a) Luke left the house on bad terms.
(b) Moran is proud of Luke.
(c) Luke is still living at home.
(d) Moran is visiting Luke soon.
5. Moran's daughters plan a surprise revival of what special day?
(a) Moran's birthday.
(b) Monaghan Day.
(c) Christmas Day.
(d) Moran and Rose's anniversary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does McQuaid chastise Moran for NOT doing after the war?
2. How does Moran react when the girls bring up some of the stories they have heard spoken of about Monaghan Days past?
3. What does Moran realize about Rose once McQuaid leaves Great Meadows?
4. Where is the wedding reception located?
5. How does Moran explain life during the war compared to his life now?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Moran angry that more than half his children left Ireland to work in England?
2. What are Moran's feelings about Rose during their post office courtship?
3. How did Rose meet Moran?
4. What conclusion does Moran come to about Rose Brady?
5. Explain Rose's role in the Moran family.
6. Why does Rose stop going to the evening mail group?
7. How does Moran feel about marrying Rose?
8. Why is it important that Moran's aging and increasing weakness is foreshadowed in Section 1 of the book?
9. Why is Moran ill tempered at the beginning of Section 2?
10. What is the importance of the ritual of the Rosary?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)