|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the wedding reception located?
(a) The courthouse.
(b) Great Meadow.
(c) The post office.
(d) Rose's family home.
2. The last true observance of Monaghan Day also marks the end of a relationship between which two characters?
(a) Moran and McQuaid.
(b) Moran and Maggie.
(c) Moran and Rose.
(d) McQuaid and Maggie.
3. What is Rose's last name?
4. What word best describes Moran's feelings about the wedding?
5. When McQuaid leaves he says, "Some people can not bear to come in second", to whom is he referring?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main topic of conversation between Moran and McQuaid?
2. What does Moran tell McQuaid about Luke?
3. Moran fought for the IRA in the war. What does IRA stand for?
4. Why does Rose make a habit of joining the evening mail group?
5. Other than love, what is a possible reason for Rose to marry Moran?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Moran to become more and more morose throughout Section 4?
2. Where does Michael go to escape his father's wrath?
3. How is Moran's age affecting his relationship with his family and friends?
4. How does Moran respond to Michael's new way of life?
5. What does Moran realize as McQuaid leaves the house?
6. What bad habits does Michael engage in once all his sisters leave the house?
7. What was Moran's greatest failing?
8. Describe McQuaid's language towards his wife.
9. Describe Mona's relationship with her father and Rose.
10. What was Rose's first impression of Moran?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)