|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What lie does McQuaid tell Moran at the end of their discussion?
(a) That he has divorced his wife and is courting again.
(b) That he lost all his money and needs a loan.
(c) That he has to leave early instead of staying the night.
(d) That he is leaving Ireland and moving to England.
2. What word best describes Moran's feelings about the wedding?
3. How does the Moran family react to Rose?
(a) They reject her.
(b) They accept her.
(c) They think she is not trust-worthy.
(d) They think she is after Moran's money.
4. Why is growing frail so hard for Moran?
(a) He can no longer work on the farm.
(b) He is used to being in control.
(c) He wants to re-enlist in the IRA.
(d) He is not growing frail at all.
5. How does Rose feel about the idea of a revival of Monaghan Day?
(a) She is doubtful.
(b) She is excited.
(c) She is anxious.
(d) She is apathetic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the farm that Moran and Rose live on?
2. What excuse does Moran give as to why he invited McQuaid to the celebration?
3. What is Rose's first impression of Moran after they first meet?
4. The last true observance of Monaghan Day also marks the end of a relationship between which two characters?
5. How are the daughters reacting to Moran's possible death?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Moran feel about marrying Rose?
2. What is Rose Brady's background prior to meeting Moran?
3. Why does McQuaid leave Great Meadow early?
4. Why does Moran speak so highly about the war?
5. Why do the girls try so desperately to move Moran's attention away from Luke?
6. What is the girls' plan for making their father feel better?
7. Name one way in that Moran and Rose are very different.
8. Why is money a sensitive subject between Moran and McQuaid?
9. Why do the Moran's daughters come home to Great Meadow?
10. In Section 1, what seems to foreshadow a change of power between the family members?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)