|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word best describes Rose's mothers feelings about the marriage?
2. What does McQuaid drink instead of the tea the girls make?
3. What excuse does Moran give as to why he invited McQuaid to the celebration?
(a) Because he missed McQuaid.
(b) So McQuaid wouldn't drink himself stupid at the fair.
(c) So McQuaid would leave the house.
(d) So McQuaid wouldn't be so lonely.
4. After what event does Moran have trouble adjusting?
(a) The loss of his first wife.
(b) The war.
(c) His house burning down.
(d) His kids moving away.
5. What does Moran tell McQuaid about Luke?
(a) Luke is still living at home.
(b) Luke left the house on bad terms.
(c) Moran is proud of Luke.
(d) Moran is visiting Luke soon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Moran's daughters plan a surprise revival of what special day?
2. What type of work did Rose do before she returned to Ireland?
3. Moran has a hatred and fear of what two things?
4. What ritual does Moran do every night before bed?
5. What do the locals begin to gossip about in Section 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does McQuaid leave Great Meadow early?
2. What does McQuaid mean when he says, "Some people can not bear to come in second"?
3. Describe the relationship between Rose and Moran's children.
4. What is the importance of the ritual of the Rosary?
5. How did Rose meet Moran?
6. How does Moran justify his resentment towards McQuaid?
7. How does McQuaid compliment Moran's daughters during his visit?
8. Why does Rose stop going to the evening mail group?
9. Describe McQuaid's language towards his wife.
10. Why does Moran speak so highly about the war?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)