|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Moran complain about after asking Rose to marry him?
(a) Living with another woman.
(b) Paying for the reception.
(c) Rose's cooking.
(d) Giving up the single life.
2. What kind of car does McQuaid drive?
(b) Aston Martin.
3. Moran has a hatred and fear of what two things?
(a) Emotions and trust.
(b) Rodents and birds.
(c) Thunder and lighting.
(d) Poverty and illness.
4. What word best explains how Moran is acting in regards to his own possible death?
5. Which character enrages Moran by accidentally dropping a plate?
Short Answer Questions
1. The once strong Moran is now dealing with the irony of what?
2. McQuaid is quite successful despite his lack of what?
3. Why does Rose make a habit of joining the evening mail group?
4. Despite the fact that he asks for the opinions of others, what does Moran usually do?
5. What did Moran fear that lead to his marriage to Rose?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Moran justify his resentment towards McQuaid?
2. What makes the girls tense when Moran and McQuaid are talking?
3. Describe the relationship between Rose and Moran's children.
4. Why does McQuaid leave Great Meadow early?
5. Why does Rose stop going to the evening mail group?
6. How does Moran feel about marrying Rose?
7. Why do the girls try so desperately to move Moran's attention away from Luke?
8. In Section 1, what seems to foreshadow a change of power between the family members?
9. What are Moran's feelings about Rose during their post office courtship?
10. What is the girls' plan for making their father feel better?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)