|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Moran shoot with his shotgun?
(a) A window.
(b) A bird.
(c) A can.
(d) A dog.
2. What rumor does McQuaid bring up about Moran?
(a) Moran is courting again.
(b) Moran is bankrupt.
(c) Moran is dying.
(d) Moran is planning to move.
3. How do the children react to Rose?
(a) They are indifferent and ignore her.
(b) They dislike her and try to get her to leave.
(c) They rarely visit with her.
(d) They take to her and integrate her into the family.
4. What seems to be foreshadowed about Moran's health in the first few paragraphs of the book?
(a) Moran is losing his mind.
(b) Moran has an inccurrable illness.
(c) Moran is growing weaker.
(d) Moran is getting stronger.
5. How does Moran know McQuaid?
(a) He is a long lost brother.
(b) He is an old army buddy.
(c) He is an old boss.
(d) The two don't know each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. When McQuaid leaves he says, "Some people can not bear to come in second", to whom is he referring?
2. McQuaid is quite successful despite his lack of what?
3. What does Moran tell McQuaid about Luke?
4. Why is growing frail so hard for Moran?
5. How does Rose feel about the idea of a revival of Monaghan Day?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the relationship between Rose and Moran's children.
2. Why does McQuaid leave Great Meadow early?
3. What is the importance of the ritual of the Rosary?
4. What is Rose Brady's background prior to meeting Moran?
5. Why does Rose stop going to the evening mail group?
6. Why is Moran angry that more than half his children left Ireland to work in England?
7. Explain Rose's role in the Moran family.
8. How does Moran justify his resentment towards McQuaid?
9. Describe the relationship between Moran and McQuaid.
10. How does Moran feel about marrying Rose?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)