|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which word best expresses Moran's feelings towards how the independent Ireland turned out?
2. What does Moran realize about Rose once McQuaid leaves Great Meadows?
(a) Moran will marry Rose.
(b) Rose is just a good friend.
(c) Moran can't stand Rose.
(d) Rose is in love with McQuaid.
3. What word best describes Moran's feelings about the wedding?
4. What excuse does Moran give as to why he invited McQuaid to the celebration?
(a) So McQuaid wouldn't be so lonely.
(b) So McQuaid wouldn't drink himself stupid at the fair.
(c) So McQuaid would leave the house.
(d) Because he missed McQuaid.
5. What is Moran's first name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of work did Rose do before she returned to Ireland?
2. How do the girls react when McQuaid inquires about Luke?
3. What does Rose know about Moran before she even meets him?
4. After what event does Moran have trouble adjusting?
5. How does Rose meet Moran?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does McQuaid mean when he says, "Some people can not bear to come in second"?
2. Why do the girls try so desperately to move Moran's attention away from Luke?
3. What is the importance of the ritual of the Rosary?
4. Why does Moran speak so highly about the war?
5. How did Rose meet Moran?
6. What is the girls' plan for making their father feel better?
7. Why does Rose stop going to the evening mail group?
8. Explain Rose's role in the Moran family.
9. Name one way in that Moran and Rose are very different.
10. Why do the Moran's daughters come home to Great Meadow?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)