|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Rose and her sister sneak into the house?
(a) A musket from the war.
(b) A Franciscan robe.
(c) An ancient set of tea cups.
(d) A German shepherd.
2. Who helps Rose sneak something into the wardrobe?
(a) Her sister.
(b) She does it alone.
(c) Her step-daughters.
(d) Her mother.
3. How does the Moran family react to Rose?
(a) They accept her.
(b) They think she is not trust-worthy.
(c) They reject her.
(d) They think she is after Moran's money.
4. Where is the wedding reception located?
(a) The courthouse.
(b) The post office.
(c) Rose's family home.
(d) Great Meadow.
5. What word best explains how Moran is acting in regards to his own possible death?
Short Answer Questions
1. Half of Moran's children have left Ireland. Where have they gone?
2. Why is Moran so annoyed by McQuaid's car?
3. How does Moran feel about the idea of marrying Rose?
4. What is Rose's last name?
5. After the war, what does Moran give to McQuaid?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Moran realize as McQuaid leaves the house?
2. Describe McQuaid's language towards his wife.
3. Why is it important that Moran's aging and increasing weakness is foreshadowed in Section 1 of the book?
4. How does Moran feel about marrying Rose?
5. What is the girls' plan for making their father feel better?
6. Why does Moran speak so highly about the war?
7. Why is money a sensitive subject between Moran and McQuaid?
8. What makes the girls tense when Moran and McQuaid are talking?
9. What conclusion does Moran come to about Rose Brady?
10. Why do the girls try so desperately to move Moran's attention away from Luke?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)