|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Moran's daughters plan a surprise revival of what special day?
(a) Christmas Day.
(b) Moran's birthday.
(c) Monaghan Day.
(d) Moran and Rose's anniversary.
2. What excuse does Moran give as to why he invited McQuaid to the celebration?
(a) Because he missed McQuaid.
(b) So McQuaid would leave the house.
(c) So McQuaid wouldn't drink himself stupid at the fair.
(d) So McQuaid wouldn't be so lonely.
3. When McQuaid leaves he says, "Some people can not bear to come in second", to whom is he referring?
4. What word best describes the language McQuaid uses around his wife?
5. How does Moran know McQuaid?
(a) The two don't know each other.
(b) He is a long lost brother.
(c) He is an old army buddy.
(d) He is an old boss.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Rose have plenty of in her younger days?
2. What word best describes Rose's mothers feelings about the marriage?
3. After what event does Moran have trouble adjusting?
4. Despite having less money and worldly possessions; what makes Moran feel superior to McQuaid?
5. What is the name of the farm that Moran and Rose live on?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is money a sensitive subject between Moran and McQuaid?
2. How does McQuaid compliment Moran's daughters during his visit?
3. What conclusion does Moran come to about Rose Brady?
4. Why do the Moran's daughters come home to Great Meadow?
5. Describe McQuaid's language towards his wife.
6. Why does Moran speak so highly about the war?
7. Describe the relationship between Rose and Moran's children.
8. What does McQuaid mean when he says, "Some people can not bear to come in second"?
9. How did Rose meet Moran?
10. What is the girls' plan for making their father feel better?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)