|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Despite having less money and worldly possessions; what makes Moran feel superior to McQuaid?
(a) Moran's heroics during the war.
(b) Moran feels that McQuaid is superior.
(c) Moran's home and farm: Great Meadow.
(d) Moran's devotion to his family.
2. How do the girls react when McQuaid inquires about Luke?
(a) They get angry.
(b) They don't know who Luke is.
(c) They are excited to share.
(d) They get tense.
3. What do Rose and her sister sneak into the house?
(a) A German shepherd.
(b) A Franciscan robe.
(c) A musket from the war.
(d) An ancient set of tea cups.
4. How many daughter's does Moran have?
5. Moran's daughters plan a surprise revival of what special day?
(a) Moran and Rose's anniversary.
(b) Moran's birthday.
(c) Monaghan Day.
(d) Christmas Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship between Rose and Moran?
2. What type of work did Rose do before she returned to Ireland?
3. Who, in particular, thinks Rose is making a mistake by entertaining Moran?
4. What did Moran fear that lead to his marriage to Rose?
5. Moran has a hatred and fear of what two things?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Moran's feelings about Rose during their post office courtship?
2. Why do the girls try so desperately to move Moran's attention away from Luke?
3. What does Moran realize as McQuaid leaves the house?
4. How does Moran justify his resentment towards McQuaid?
5. How does McQuaid compliment Moran's daughters during his visit?
6. How does Moran feel about marrying Rose?
7. Why do the Moran's daughters come home to Great Meadow?
8. Why is money a sensitive subject between Moran and McQuaid?
9. What does McQuaid mean when he says, "Some people can not bear to come in second"?
10. How did Rose meet Moran?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)