|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rose know about Moran before she even meets him?
(a) Moran is rich man with a lot of land.
(b) Moran is a ladies man who is not to be trusted.
(c) Moran is a heroic war veteran.
(d) Moran is a widower raising children alone.
2. What do Moran and McQuaid talk about during Monaghan Day?
(a) Their jobs.
(c) Old war stories.
(d) Their kids.
3. What do Rose and her sister sneak into the house?
(a) A musket from the war.
(b) A German shepherd.
(c) A Franciscan robe.
(d) An ancient set of tea cups.
4. Why does Moran constantly protest that nobody cares for him?
(a) To secure the attention of his daughters.
(b) So that McQuaid will stay longer.
(c) So that his neighbors will have pity on him.
(d) Because nobody actually does care about him.
5. What do the girls do when Moran is finally out of ear-shot?
(a) Begin to bake Moran's favorite dessert.
(b) Mimick his ill-tempered actions.
(c) Plan his surprise birthday party.
(d) Talk about moving out of Great Meadow.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Rose handling Moran's possible death?
2. What did Rose have plenty of in her younger days?
3. While Moran is quite mean with money; what word best describes how Rose is with money?
4. What word best describes Rose's mothers feelings about the marriage?
5. Why is Moran so annoyed by McQuaid's car?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does McQuaid compliment Moran's daughters during his visit?
2. Why do the Moran's daughters come home to Great Meadow?
3. What makes the girls tense when Moran and McQuaid are talking?
4. Describe McQuaid's language towards his wife.
5. What does McQuaid mean when he says, "Some people can not bear to come in second"?
6. How did Rose meet Moran?
7. Describe the relationship between Moran and McQuaid.
8. Why is Moran angry that more than half his children left Ireland to work in England?
9. What is the girls' plan for making their father feel better?
10. What are Moran's feelings about Rose during their post office courtship?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)