|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is growing frail so hard for Moran?
(a) He can no longer work on the farm.
(b) He is not growing frail at all.
(c) He wants to re-enlist in the IRA.
(d) He is used to being in control.
2. What is the reason Rose returns to Ireland?
(a) To be with her children.
(b) To work in the post office.
(c) To nurse her dying father.
(d) To win the love of Moran.
3. What topic threatens to sour the mood of Moran?
(b) The Republic of Ireland.
(d) The war.
4. What word best describes the language McQuaid uses around his wife?
5. How does the Moran family react to Rose?
(a) They think she is not trust-worthy.
(b) They think she is after Moran's money.
(c) They reject her.
(d) They accept her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Moran realize about McQuaid once his stay is over?
2. What does Rose know about Moran before she even meets him?
3. Despite the fact that he asks for the opinions of others, what does Moran usually do?
4. After not seeing Rose at the post office, what does Moran do?
5. What does Moran shoot with his shotgun?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Moran's feelings about Rose during their post office courtship?
2. Why do the Moran's daughters come home to Great Meadow?
3. Describe the relationship between Rose and Moran's children.
4. How did Rose meet Moran?
5. Explain Rose's role in the Moran family.
6. Describe the relationship between Moran and McQuaid.
7. Why do the girls try so desperately to move Moran's attention away from Luke?
8. What is Rose Brady's background prior to meeting Moran?
9. What does McQuaid mean when he says, "Some people can not bear to come in second"?
10. Why does McQuaid leave Great Meadow early?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)