|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Moran shoot with his shotgun?
(a) A can.
(b) A dog.
(c) A bird.
(d) A window.
2. While Moran is quite mean with money; what word best describes how Rose is with money?
3. What excuse does Moran give as to why he invited McQuaid to the celebration?
(a) So McQuaid wouldn't be so lonely.
(b) Because he missed McQuaid.
(c) So McQuaid wouldn't drink himself stupid at the fair.
(d) So McQuaid would leave the house.
4. What two things does McQuaid compliment as he sits with Moran?
(a) Moran and the weather.
(b) The house and the curtains.
(c) The beverages and the furniture.
(d) The girls and the meal.
5. After the war, what does Moran give to McQuaid?
(c) A house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Rose sneak something into the wardrobe?
2. What does Moran realize about McQuaid once his stay is over?
3. What do the locals begin to gossip about in Section 3?
4. Saying the Rosary is significant in what religion?
5. Why does Rose stop going to the post office?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is money a sensitive subject between Moran and McQuaid?
2. What are Moran's feelings about Rose during their post office courtship?
3. What is the girls' plan for making their father feel better?
4. Name one way in that Moran and Rose are very different.
5. How does Moran justify his resentment towards McQuaid?
6. Why does Rose stop going to the evening mail group?
7. How did Rose meet Moran?
8. Why does Moran speak so highly about the war?
9. What does McQuaid mean when he says, "Some people can not bear to come in second"?
10. Why is it important that Moran's aging and increasing weakness is foreshadowed in Section 1 of the book?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)