|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of car does McQuaid drive?
(a) Aston Martin.
2. Where is the wedding reception located?
(a) The courthouse.
(b) The post office.
(c) Great Meadow.
(d) Rose's family home.
3. What does Moran realize about McQuaid once his stay is over?
(a) Moran will one day be much wealthier than McQuaid.
(b) Moran has lost his oldest and best friend.
(c) McQuaid will most likely start a new business soon.
(d) McQuaid is going to return to Great Meadow soon.
4. When McQuaid leaves he says, "Some people can not bear to come in second", to whom is he referring?
5. How are the daughters reacting to Moran's possible death?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does McQuaid drink instead of the tea the girls make?
2. What lie does McQuaid tell Moran at the end of their discussion?
3. Who does Moran speak to about the possibility of introducing another woman into the household?
4. What word best describes Rose's mothers feelings about the marriage?
5. What is Rose's first impression of Moran after they first meet?
Short Essay Questions
1. When do Luke and Moran finally reconnect?
2. How does Moran justify his resentment towards McQuaid?
3. What does McQuaid mean when he says, "Some people can not bear to come in second"?
4. What do Moran and Rose think when Michael isn't present for the Rosary?
5. Why is Moran angry that more than half his children left Ireland to work in England?
6. What is the girls' plan for making their father feel better?
7. Why do the Moran's daughters come home to Great Meadow?
8. In Section 1, what seems to foreshadow a change of power between the family members?
9. Why does Rose stop going to the evening mail group?
10. Why is it important that Moran's aging and increasing weakness is foreshadowed in Section 1 of the book?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)