|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The last true observance of Monaghan Day also marks the end of a relationship between which two characters?
(a) Moran and Maggie.
(b) Moran and McQuaid.
(c) McQuaid and Maggie.
(d) Moran and Rose.
2. What topic threatens to sour the mood of Moran?
(a) The Republic of Ireland.
(c) The war.
3. How do the children react to Rose?
(a) They take to her and integrate her into the family.
(b) They rarely visit with her.
(c) They are indifferent and ignore her.
(d) They dislike her and try to get her to leave.
4. Moran fought for the IRA in the war. What does IRA stand for?
(a) International Republican Army.
(b) Irish Rebel Alliance.
(c) International Rebel Alliance.
(d) Irish Republican Army.
5. What did Rose have plenty of in her younger days?
(b) Male suitors.
(d) Job opportunities.
Short Answer Questions
1. McQuaid is quite successful despite his lack of what?
2. What rumor does McQuaid bring up about Moran?
3. What two things does McQuaid compliment as he sits with Moran?
4. Why is Moran so annoyed by McQuaid's car?
5. After the war, what does Moran give to McQuaid?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Moran to become more and more morose throughout Section 4?
2. Why does Moran make the entire family join him in the ritual of the Rosary?
3. How is Maggie's life changed by Rose becoming part of the family?
4. What does Mark do that Moran finds ludicrous?
5. Why do the Moran's daughters come home to Great Meadow?
6. Why do the girls try so desperately to move Moran's attention away from Luke?
7. Where does Michael go to escape his father's wrath?
8. What do Moran and Rose think when Michael isn't present for the Rosary?
9. Describe the relationship between Moran and McQuaid.
10. Why does Maggie return to her job of nursing?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)