|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relationship between Rose and Moran?
(a) Rose is Moran's second wife.
(b) Rose is Moran's first wife.
(c) Rose is Moran's nurse.
(d) Rose is Moran's mother.
2. Half of Moran's children have left Ireland. Where have they gone?
(d) The United States of America.
3. Which character heads to bed early by pretending to be sick?
4. How does Moran react when the girls bring up some of the stories they have heard spoken of about Monaghan Days past?
(a) He ignores them and pretends he didn't hear them talking.
(b) He speaks openly about the horrors of the war.
(c) He gets angry and asks them to stop talking.
(d) He gets embarrassed and quiet.
5. What rumor does McQuaid bring up about Moran?
(a) Moran is courting again.
(b) Moran is bankrupt.
(c) Moran is planning to move.
(d) Moran is dying.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rose meet Moran?
2. Moran fought for the IRA in the war. What does IRA stand for?
3. After the war, what does Moran give to McQuaid?
4. What ritual does Moran do every night before bed?
5. What is Moran's first name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the relationship between Moran and McQuaid.
2. Why is Moran ill tempered at the beginning of Section 2?
3. Why does Sheila visit Great Meadow less frequently than the other girls?
4. Why does Maggie return to her job of nursing?
5. Describe Mona's relationship with her father and Rose.
6. What was Moran's greatest failing?
7. What do Moran and Rose think when Michael isn't present for the Rosary?
8. What is the significance of the girls chatting and laughing as they leave Moran's grave?
9. What is the importance of the ritual of the Rosary?
10. Why is Moran out of sorts the morning after he fights with Rose?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)