|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Rose's first impression of Moran after they first meet?
(a) She finds him to be loud and borish.
(b) She finds him to be shy and secluded.
(c) She finds him to be intelligent and attentive.
(d) She finds him to be mean and controlling.
2. What did Moran fear that lead to his marriage to Rose?
(a) His children moving away.
(b) Growing old and alone.
(c) Going bankrupt.
(d) Another upcoming war.
3. While Moran is quite mean with money; what word best describes how Rose is with money?
4. How does Moran feel about Monaghan Days of past?
(a) They have no special meaning to him.
(b) They mean the world to him.
(c) He feels they are a good excuse to party.
(d) He feels it is a waste of time and effort.
5. How do the children react to Rose?
(a) They rarely visit with her.
(b) They dislike her and try to get her to leave.
(c) They take to her and integrate her into the family.
(d) They are indifferent and ignore her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Moran know McQuaid?
2. How do the girls react when McQuaid inquires about Luke?
3. How does Moran explain life during the war compared to his life now?
4. Who helps Rose sneak something into the wardrobe?
5. After what event does Moran have trouble adjusting?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes the girls tense when Moran and McQuaid are talking?
2. Describe the relationship between Moran and McQuaid.
3. How does Moran feel about marrying Rose?
4. How does Moran justify his resentment towards McQuaid?
5. Describe McQuaid's language towards his wife.
6. Why does Moran speak so highly about the war?
7. What does McQuaid mean when he says, "Some people can not bear to come in second"?
8. What is the importance of the ritual of the Rosary?
9. Name one way in that Moran and Rose are very different.
10. Why do the girls try so desperately to move Moran's attention away from Luke?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)