|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rose tell Michael he must do to make everything better with Moran?
(a) Michael must give up drinking for good.
(b) Michael must bring Luke home from London.
(c) Michael must apologize to Moran.
(d) Michael must work on the farm for free.
2. On the way home from the wedding, what does Moran make everyone do in the car to save time?
(a) Change out of their wedding clothes.
(b) Say the Rosary.
(c) Open the wedding gifts.
(d) Eat their dinner.
3. What does Moran spread across the fields?
4. What does Michael do that shocks the girls and allows them to see him in a different light?
(a) He ignores his daily chores.
(b) He kisses a woman.
(c) He talks back to Moran.
(d) He drinks a beer.
5. Whose place in the household does Rose take over?
6. How does Rose respond when Moran tells her that the family managed well enough before she came?
(a) She slaps Moran and demands and apology.
(b) She tells Moran she will have to go away from there.
(c) She gets and frustrated and explains all the good she has done.
(d) She suffers in silence and says nothing.
7. What about Mark shocks Mona and Sheila?
(a) His quiet and shy personality.
(b) His lack of manners toward Rose and Moran.
(c) His fashion and appearance.
(d) His crude language.
8. Where does Michael flee to find refuge?
(a) To New York to wait for Nell to return.
(b) To Dublin to be with his sisters.
(c) To the bar so that he can drink until he forgets his problems.
(d) To the cemetery where his real mother is buried.
9. Where does Michael go instead of going to school?
(a) Michael tries to find Nell.
(b) Michael travels to London to find Luke.
(c) Michael skips school to go to a bar.
(d) Michael travels back to Dublin.
10. How old is Michael when his sisters leave home?
11. What does Mark O'Donoghue do for work in London?
(a) He is a construction worker.
(b) He is a police officer.
(c) He is an accountant.
(d) He is unemployed.
12. Who stood in for Moran during Maggie's wedding?
(c) Mark's father.
13. Why do Maggie, Mona, and Sheila all return home?
(a) Moran's birthday.
(b) They heard Michael was getting into trouble.
(c) Rose asked them to visit.
(d) The Christmas holiday.
14. How many positions does Maggie get accepted to?
15. What is Luke doing for work in London?
(a) Converting old houses into flats.
(b) Luke is unemployed.
(c) Luke owns a small farm just like Moran.
(d) Teaching at the University.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of jobs were both Mona and Sheila offered?
2. When Maggie asks Luke to come home, what is his response?
3. What chore does Moran gather the children to do?
4. What does Michael begin to do when he discovers he is attracted to older women?
5. What does Sheila desperately want to study, but Moran will not allow it?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)