|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word best describes how Moran feels about Rose going out?
2. Michael is caught flirting with Nell Morahan. What is her reputation?
(a) She is younger and immature.
(b) She is shy and rarely talks to men.
(c) She is mean and rude to men.
(d) She is older and promiscuous.
3. What nightly ritual does Rose become involved in?
(a) Saying the Rosary.
(b) Tucking in the children.
(c) Locking up the house.
(d) Doing the dishes.
4. What does Young Michael tend to?
(a) Rose's flower garden.
(b) The family pet.
(c) The farm animals.
(d) The household chores.
5. When is the only time that Moran is seemingly happy?
(a) During harvest season.
(b) When he is alone.
(c) During the Rosary.
(d) When his children do well on their exams.
6. Where does Mark go every night to "escape" when he is staying at Great Meadow?
(a) Maggie's bedroom.
(b) His car.
(c) The barn.
(d) The pub.
7. Where does Moran begin spending much more time after Mark and Maggie's visit?
(a) His porch.
(b) The pub.
(c) His bed.
(d) The church.
8. How does Maggie fill her time since she no longer has household chores to do?
(a) Listens to the radio.
(b) Explores the farm.
(c) Goes out at night to dances.
(d) Studies for her nursing exams.
9. Who visits Moran and Rose every other weekend?
(a) The new maid service.
(b) Sheila and Mona.
(c) McQuaid and O'Leary.
(d) Luke and Michael.
10. What does Michael do that makes Nell worry?
(a) He quits school early.
(b) He threatens to move away.
(c) He tells Nell he loves her.
(d) He proposes marriage.
11. After taking their final exams, where do Mona and Sheila leave to?
(a) Hong Kong.
(c) New York.
12. What is the name of Sheila's boyfriend?
(a) Sheamus Wilson.
(b) Sean Flynn.
(c) William Hulahan.
(d) Patrick O'Conner.
13. What is Luke doing for work in London?
(a) Luke owns a small farm just like Moran.
(b) Teaching at the University.
(c) Converting old houses into flats.
(d) Luke is unemployed.
14. How does Rose respond when Moran tells her that the family managed well enough before she came?
(a) She slaps Moran and demands and apology.
(b) She tells Moran she will have to go away from there.
(c) She suffers in silence and says nothing.
(d) She gets and frustrated and explains all the good she has done.
15. What benefits do the girls receive by having Rose around?
(a) They now have someone to clean up after them.
(b) They no longer have to cook for themselves.
(c) They no longer have to babysit their younger siblings.
(d) They confide in her and she protects them from Moran's wrath.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Maggie apply for positions as a nurse?
2. What chore does Moran gather the children to do?
3. Why do Sheila and Sean go back to the house while the rest of the family is pitching in with the haymaking?
4. Who calls Moran from the school to inquire about Michael?
5. How many positions does Maggie get accepted to?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)