|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Maggie asks Luke to come home, what is his response?
(a) "My home is in London now."
(b) "Moran will kill me if I come home."
(c) "Only women can live with Moran."
(d) "I have no home."
2. What does Sheila question Moran about in Section 6 that makes Moran very defensive?
(a) Michael being afraid of the gun.
(b) Moran's faith.
(c) The bruises on Rose's arms.
(d) Luke being beaten.
3. Whose place in the household does Rose take over?
4. Who visits Moran and Rose every other weekend?
(a) The new maid service.
(b) Luke and Michael.
(c) McQuaid and O'Leary.
(d) Sheila and Mona.
5. When is the only time that Moran is seemingly happy?
(a) During the Rosary.
(b) When he is alone.
(c) When his children do well on their exams.
(d) During harvest season.
6. Where does Mark go every night to "escape" when he is staying at Great Meadow?
(a) Maggie's bedroom.
(b) The barn.
(c) His car.
(d) The pub.
7. Where do Sean and Sheila get married?
(b) The local golf course.
(c) Great Meadow.
8. As Moran seems to lose his spark for life, what is it that he mentions he feels betrayed by?
(a) Rose who seems to like his children more than him.
(b) How boring life has been after the war.
(c) His two sons who left him.
(d) How fast the years have gone by.
9. What does Michael do that shocks the girls and allows them to see him in a different light?
(a) He ignores his daily chores.
(b) He kisses a woman.
(c) He drinks a beer.
(d) He talks back to Moran.
10. Where do Nell and Michael make love?
(a) In the back seat of the car.
(b) At Nell's apartment.
(c) In the sand dunes.
(d) At Great Meadows.
11. What do the children tend to do when Moran gets angry?
(a) Become withdrawn and quiet.
(b) Fight back.
(c) Confront their father about his anger.
(d) Slip out of the room.
12. Rose visits her family to swap what?
(a) Spare produce.
(b) Old recipies.
(c) Fabric swatches.
(d) Marriage advice.
13. Why do Sheila and Sean go back to the house while the rest of the family is pitching in with the haymaking?
(a) They go to the house to make love.
(b) They go to the house because they are too weak to work.
(c) They go to the house just to anger Moran.
(d) They go to the house to make dinner for the family.
14. Michael is caught flirting with Nell Morahan. What is her reputation?
(a) She is mean and rude to men.
(b) She is shy and rarely talks to men.
(c) She is younger and immature.
(d) She is older and promiscuous.
15. When Michael doesn't show up for the Rosary, where do Moran and Rose assume he is?
(b) New York.
(c) At the pub.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many positions does Maggie get accepted to?
2. In the midst of his conflict with Michael, what can be considered Moran's anchor?
3. What does Moran want to do when Michael returns?
4. What word best describes how Moran feels about Rose going out?
5. Who calls Moran from the school to inquire about Michael?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)