|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what occasion does Mark visit Great Meadow?
(a) Moran's birthday.
(b) St. Patrick's Day.
2. What do the children tend to do when Moran gets angry?
(a) Slip out of the room.
(b) Become withdrawn and quiet.
(c) Fight back.
(d) Confront their father about his anger.
3. What does Young Michael tend to?
(a) Rose's flower garden.
(b) The family pet.
(c) The household chores.
(d) The farm animals.
4. What about Mark shocks Mona and Sheila?
(a) His lack of manners toward Rose and Moran.
(b) His crude language.
(c) His quiet and shy personality.
(d) His fashion and appearance.
5. What does Moran want to do when Michael returns?
(a) Administer a beating in front of the whole family.
(b) Inform Michael that he is no longer in the family will.
(c) Invite Michael and Nell to live together at Great Meadows.
(d) Apologize to Michael in front of the whole family.
6. What is the name of Sheila's boyfriend?
(a) Sean Flynn.
(b) Patrick O'Conner.
(c) Sheamus Wilson.
(d) William Hulahan.
7. What does Michael do that makes Nell worry?
(a) He proposes marriage.
(b) He tells Nell he loves her.
(c) He threatens to move away.
(d) He quits school early.
8. What does Sheila desperately want to study, but Moran will not allow it?
9. What touchy subject does Moran finally ask Maggie about when she returns from London on holiday?
(b) Her boyfriends.
(c) Her studies.
(d) His marriage to Rose.
10. Where does Michael flee to find refuge?
(a) To the cemetery where his real mother is buried.
(b) To the bar so that he can drink until he forgets his problems.
(c) To New York to wait for Nell to return.
(d) To Dublin to be with his sisters.
11. Who visits Moran and Rose every other weekend?
(a) Luke and Michael.
(b) McQuaid and O'Leary.
(c) The new maid service.
(d) Sheila and Mona.
12. What does Rose tell Michael he must do to make everything better with Moran?
(a) Michael must bring Luke home from London.
(b) Michael must give up drinking for good.
(c) Michael must work on the farm for free.
(d) Michael must apologize to Moran.
13. What does young Michael get when Rose and Moran begin sharing a room?
(a) A new pet.
(b) More chores.
(c) Extra free time.
(d) His own room.
14. Where do Nell and Michael make love?
(a) In the back seat of the car.
(b) In the sand dunes.
(c) At Nell's apartment.
(d) At Great Meadows.
15. What does Nell Morahan do for a living?
(a) She is a waitress.
(b) She is a butcher.
(c) She works for the government.
(d) She is a nurse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose place in the household does Rose take over?
2. What does Michael borrow from Nell?
3. Why do Maggie, Mona, and Sheila all return home?
4. On the way home from the wedding, what does Moran make everyone do in the car to save time?
5. What event do the three girls and Michael attend?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)