|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Rose advocate Maggie to go to train as a nurse?
(b) United States of America.
2. Where do Sean and Sheila get married?
(a) The local golf course.
(d) Great Meadow.
3. Where does Nell Morahan live?
(b) New York.
4. What does Moran eye during the fight that makes Michael nervous?
(a) The Rosary beads.
(b) Michael's suitcase.
(c) The shotgun.
(d) A kitchen knife.
5. Moran writes to Luke asking him to do what?
(a) Send money to the family.
(b) Meet Maggie in London.
(c) Allow Maggie to live with him.
(d) Come home.
6. What does Michael do that makes Nell worry?
(a) He proposes marriage.
(b) He quits school early.
(c) He tells Nell he loves her.
(d) He threatens to move away.
7. What does Moran spread across the fields?
8. After taking their final exams, where do Mona and Sheila leave to?
(a) Hong Kong.
(c) New York.
9. What type of jobs were both Mona and Sheila offered?
(a) Working on a farm.
(b) Working in sales.
(c) Working for the government.
(d) Working with children.
10. Why do Maggie, Mona, and Sheila all return home?
(a) Moran's birthday.
(b) The Christmas holiday.
(c) Rose asked them to visit.
(d) They heard Michael was getting into trouble.
11. Where does Moran begin spending much more time after Mark and Maggie's visit?
(a) The pub.
(b) His porch.
(c) The church.
(d) His bed.
12. In the midst of his conflict with Michael, what can be considered Moran's anchor?
(a) The distraction of the farm.
(b) The ritual of the Rosary.
(c) His relationship with Rose.
(d) His friendship with McQuaid.
13. How does Rose respond when Moran tells her that the family managed well enough before she came?
(a) She gets and frustrated and explains all the good she has done.
(b) She suffers in silence and says nothing.
(c) She tells Moran she will have to go away from there.
(d) She slaps Moran and demands and apology.
14. What does Michael do when Moran lunges at him?
(a) Michael wrestles Moran to the ground and the two stop when Rose comes in.
(b) Michael avoids the lunge and escapes the house.
(c) Michael swings back and breaks Moran's nose.
(d) Michael gets hit and cries in the corner.
15. What does Young Michael tend to?
(a) The household chores.
(b) Rose's flower garden.
(c) The farm animals.
(d) The family pet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mark go every night to "escape" when he is staying at Great Meadow?
2. What do the children tend to do when Moran gets angry?
3. What does Maggie report that Luke is doing in London?
4. What does Sheila desperately want to study, but Moran will not allow it?
5. What does Moran want to do when Michael returns?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)