|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Moran do when he catches Michael coming home late one night?
(a) Hits him with a dictionary.
(b) Yells at him until morning.
(c) Strikes him around the head.
(d) Bans Michael from Great Meadow.
2. Where do Nell and Michael make love?
(a) At Nell's apartment.
(b) In the back seat of the car.
(c) In the sand dunes.
(d) At Great Meadows.
3. Who does Sheila invite to the wedding without consulting anyone?
(d) Her ex-boyfriend.
4. Who calls Moran from the school to inquire about Michael?
(a) Father Murphy.
(b) Mother Mary Dalles.
(c) Brother Michael.
(d) Sister O'Connell.
5. That winter what announcement does Sheila make?
(a) She is moving back to Great Meadow.
(b) She has won the lottery.
(c) She is dying.
(d) She is engaged.
6. What does Sheila question Moran about in Section 6 that makes Moran very defensive?
(a) Michael being afraid of the gun.
(b) Moran's faith.
(c) Luke being beaten.
(d) The bruises on Rose's arms.
7. What does Moran spread across the fields?
8. How old is Michael when his sisters leave home?
9. After taking their final exams, where do Mona and Sheila leave to?
(c) Hong Kong.
(d) New York.
10. Who do the girls always bring Rose information about?
(a) Luke and Michael.
(b) Moran's first wife.
(d) Rose's family in Scotland.
11. Where does Michael go instead of going to school?
(a) Michael tries to find Nell.
(b) Michael travels back to Dublin.
(c) Michael skips school to go to a bar.
(d) Michael travels to London to find Luke.
12. What does Mark O'Donoghue do for work in London?
(a) He is an accountant.
(b) He is unemployed.
(c) He is a construction worker.
(d) He is a police officer.
13. What does Young Michael tend to?
(a) The family pet.
(b) The household chores.
(c) The farm animals.
(d) Rose's flower garden.
14. What about Mark shocks Mona and Sheila?
(a) His quiet and shy personality.
(b) His crude language.
(c) His fashion and appearance.
(d) His lack of manners toward Rose and Moran.
15. Who stood in for Moran during Maggie's wedding?
(c) Mark's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Moran eye during the fight that makes Michael nervous?
2. What does Mark compare Great Meadow to as he leaves on the train?
3. What is Luke doing for work in London?
4. What does Nell Morahan do for a living?
5. What petty thing sparks a fight between Moran and Michael?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)