|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Michael begin to do when he discovers he is attracted to older women?
(a) Dresses in suits to look older.
(b) Stays out late dancing and drinking.
(c) Asks women out that he meets at church.
(d) Writes love letters to complete strangers.
2. What does Moran tell Michael to do when he finds out about his sons affair with Nell?
(a) Moran hits Michael and informs him that the beatings will continue until the affair ends.
(b) Moran sends Michael to his room and tells him to take of his clothes and prepare for a beating.
(c) Moran tells Michael to end the affair and go back to school or he will send him to boarding school.
(d) Moran kicks Michael out of the house and asks him never to return.
3. What does Nell Morahan do for a living?
(a) She works for the government.
(b) She is a nurse.
(c) She is a waitress.
(d) She is a butcher.
4. Where do Nell and Michael make love?
(a) At Nell's apartment.
(b) In the sand dunes.
(c) At Great Meadows.
(d) In the back seat of the car.
5. Why do Maggie, Mona, and Sheila all return home?
(a) They heard Michael was getting into trouble.
(b) Rose asked them to visit.
(c) Moran's birthday.
(d) The Christmas holiday.
6. Where does Moran begin spending much more time after Mark and Maggie's visit?
(a) The church.
(b) His bed.
(c) His porch.
(d) The pub.
7. How does Rose respond when Moran tells her that the family managed well enough before she came?
(a) She tells Moran she will have to go away from there.
(b) She gets and frustrated and explains all the good she has done.
(c) She suffers in silence and says nothing.
(d) She slaps Moran and demands and apology.
8. Who helps Maggie apply for positions as a nurse?
9. When Maggie asks Luke to come home, what is his response?
(a) "My home is in London now."
(b) "Only women can live with Moran."
(c) "I have no home."
(d) "Moran will kill me if I come home."
10. What is Luke doing for work in London?
(a) Converting old houses into flats.
(b) Teaching at the University.
(c) Luke is unemployed.
(d) Luke owns a small farm just like Moran.
11. Where does Mark go every night to "escape" when he is staying at Great Meadow?
(a) Maggie's bedroom.
(b) The pub.
(c) The barn.
(d) His car.
12. What does Sheila desperately want to study, but Moran will not allow it?
13. Sheila and Mona send a note to Moran and Rose telling them that Michael is where?
(a) New York.
14. What does Rose tell Michael he must do to make everything better with Moran?
(a) Michael must give up drinking for good.
(b) Michael must work on the farm for free.
(c) Michael must bring Luke home from London.
(d) Michael must apologize to Moran.
15. When Michael doesn't show up for the Rosary, where do Moran and Rose assume he is?
(a) New York.
(d) At the pub.
Short Answer Questions
1. What benefits do the girls receive by having Rose around?
2. Rose visits her family to swap what?
3. What does Moran do when he catches Michael coming home late one night?
4. What nightly ritual does Rose become involved in?
5. What do Moran and Rose do instead of attending Maggie's wedding?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)