|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Sheila invite to the wedding without consulting anyone?
(d) Her ex-boyfriend.
2. What does Sheila question Moran about in Section 6 that makes Moran very defensive?
(a) Michael being afraid of the gun.
(b) The bruises on Rose's arms.
(c) Moran's faith.
(d) Luke being beaten.
3. Why do Sheila and Sean go back to the house while the rest of the family is pitching in with the haymaking?
(a) They go to the house because they are too weak to work.
(b) They go to the house to make love.
(c) They go to the house to make dinner for the family.
(d) They go to the house just to anger Moran.
4. What is the name of Sheila's boyfriend?
(a) Patrick O'Conner.
(b) Sheamus Wilson.
(c) William Hulahan.
(d) Sean Flynn.
5. What does Michael begin to do when he discovers he is attracted to older women?
(a) Dresses in suits to look older.
(b) Writes love letters to complete strangers.
(c) Stays out late dancing and drinking.
(d) Asks women out that he meets at church.
6. How does Rose respond when Moran tells her that the family managed well enough before she came?
(a) She gets and frustrated and explains all the good she has done.
(b) She tells Moran she will have to go away from there.
(c) She slaps Moran and demands and apology.
(d) She suffers in silence and says nothing.
7. What about Mark shocks Mona and Sheila?
(a) His crude language.
(b) His fashion and appearance.
(c) His quiet and shy personality.
(d) His lack of manners toward Rose and Moran.
8. In the midst of his conflict with Michael, what can be considered Moran's anchor?
(a) His relationship with Rose.
(b) The distraction of the farm.
(c) His friendship with McQuaid.
(d) The ritual of the Rosary.
9. Where does Michael flee to find refuge?
(a) To the cemetery where his real mother is buried.
(b) To the bar so that he can drink until he forgets his problems.
(c) To Dublin to be with his sisters.
(d) To New York to wait for Nell to return.
10. Why do Mark and Maggie return to Great Meadow the next summer after their wedding?
(a) Mark needed to ask Moran for money.
(b) Maggie gave birth to a baby boy.
(c) Maggie wanted to update Moran and Rose about Luke.
(d) Mark and Maggie are moving back to Great Meadow for good.
11. What do Moran and Rose do instead of attending Maggie's wedding?
(a) Send a letter saying they disagree with her choices.
(b) Send a check to pay for the reception.
(c) Travel to London to search for Luke.
(d) Travel to Scotland to visit Rose's family.
12. What nightly ritual does Rose become involved in?
(a) Tucking in the children.
(b) Saying the Rosary.
(c) Locking up the house.
(d) Doing the dishes.
13. Where does Sheila go on her honeymoon?
(d) New York.
14. Who stood in for Moran during Maggie's wedding?
(a) Mark's father.
15. Who visits Moran and Rose every other weekend?
(a) The new maid service.
(b) Luke and Michael.
(c) Sheila and Mona.
(d) McQuaid and O'Leary.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Michael go instead of going to school?
2. What does Moran tell Michael to do when he finds out about his sons affair with Nell?
3. Whose place in the household does Rose take over?
4. What does Michael do that makes Nell worry?
5. What is the relationship between Maggie and Mark O'Donoghue?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)