|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word best describes how Moran feels about Rose going out?
2. Why does young Michael cry during the ritual of the Rosary?
(a) He hurt his back tending to the garden.
(b) He is afraid of Moran.
(c) He does not believe in the Rosary.
(d) He misses his sisters.
3. Who do the girls always bring Rose information about?
(a) Moran's first wife.
(b) Luke and Michael.
(d) Rose's family in Scotland.
4. What does Moran spread across the fields?
5. Where does Mark go every night to "escape" when he is staying at Great Meadow?
(a) Maggie's bedroom.
(b) The pub.
(c) His car.
(d) The barn.
6. How does Maggie fill her time since she no longer has household chores to do?
(a) Explores the farm.
(b) Listens to the radio.
(c) Goes out at night to dances.
(d) Studies for her nursing exams.
7. That winter what announcement does Sheila make?
(a) She has won the lottery.
(b) She is engaged.
(c) She is dying.
(d) She is moving back to Great Meadow.
8. Why do Sheila and Sean go back to the house while the rest of the family is pitching in with the haymaking?
(a) They go to the house because they are too weak to work.
(b) They go to the house to make love.
(c) They go to the house to make dinner for the family.
(d) They go to the house just to anger Moran.
9. What does Michael do when Moran lunges at him?
(a) Michael wrestles Moran to the ground and the two stop when Rose comes in.
(b) Michael swings back and breaks Moran's nose.
(c) Michael avoids the lunge and escapes the house.
(d) Michael gets hit and cries in the corner.
10. Who does Sheila invite to the wedding without consulting anyone?
(c) Her ex-boyfriend.
11. What does Moran want to do when Michael returns?
(a) Invite Michael and Nell to live together at Great Meadows.
(b) Apologize to Michael in front of the whole family.
(c) Administer a beating in front of the whole family.
(d) Inform Michael that he is no longer in the family will.
12. Who visits Moran and Rose every other weekend?
(a) McQuaid and O'Leary.
(b) Luke and Michael.
(c) The new maid service.
(d) Sheila and Mona.
13. How many positions does Maggie get accepted to?
14. Why do Maggie, Mona, and Sheila all return home?
(a) They heard Michael was getting into trouble.
(b) The Christmas holiday.
(c) Moran's birthday.
(d) Rose asked them to visit.
15. What do Moran and Rose do instead of attending Maggie's wedding?
(a) Send a check to pay for the reception.
(b) Send a letter saying they disagree with her choices.
(c) Travel to London to search for Luke.
(d) Travel to Scotland to visit Rose's family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Nell Morahan live?
2. Sheila and Mona send a note to Moran and Rose telling them that Michael is where?
3. What is Luke doing for work in London?
4. As Moran seems to lose his spark for life, what is it that he mentions he feels betrayed by?
5. Who helps Maggie apply for positions as a nurse?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)