|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sheila desperately want to study, but Moran will not allow it?
2. When Maggie asks Luke to come home, what is his response?
(a) "Only women can live with Moran."
(b) "I have no home."
(c) "My home is in London now."
(d) "Moran will kill me if I come home."
3. Where does Michael go instead of going to school?
(a) Michael tries to find Nell.
(b) Michael travels back to Dublin.
(c) Michael skips school to go to a bar.
(d) Michael travels to London to find Luke.
4. What does Maggie report about Luke?
(a) He is broke and needs a loan.
(b) He is lonely and wants to return home.
(c) He and his businesses are doing well.
(d) He is back in school.
5. What does Mark compare Great Meadow to as he leaves on the train?
(b) A vacation.
(c) A nightmare.
6. What does Michael do that makes Nell worry?
(a) He threatens to move away.
(b) He proposes marriage.
(c) He quits school early.
(d) He tells Nell he loves her.
7. What benefits do the girls receive by having Rose around?
(a) They no longer have to cook for themselves.
(b) They now have someone to clean up after them.
(c) They no longer have to babysit their younger siblings.
(d) They confide in her and she protects them from Moran's wrath.
8. What is Luke doing for work in London?
(a) Luke owns a small farm just like Moran.
(b) Luke is unemployed.
(c) Converting old houses into flats.
(d) Teaching at the University.
9. What does Nell Morahan do for a living?
(a) She works for the government.
(b) She is a butcher.
(c) She is a waitress.
(d) She is a nurse.
10. What does Rose tell Michael he must do to make everything better with Moran?
(a) Michael must bring Luke home from London.
(b) Michael must work on the farm for free.
(c) Michael must apologize to Moran.
(d) Michael must give up drinking for good.
11. How does Rose respond when Moran tells her that the family managed well enough before she came?
(a) She suffers in silence and says nothing.
(b) She tells Moran she will have to go away from there.
(c) She gets and frustrated and explains all the good she has done.
(d) She slaps Moran and demands and apology.
12. What does young Michael get when Rose and Moran begin sharing a room?
(a) A new pet.
(b) Extra free time.
(c) His own room.
(d) More chores.
13. Where does Nell Morahan live?
(d) New York.
14. As Moran seems to lose his spark for life, what is it that he mentions he feels betrayed by?
(a) Rose who seems to like his children more than him.
(b) How fast the years have gone by.
(c) His two sons who left him.
(d) How boring life has been after the war.
15. What does Sheila question Moran about in Section 6 that makes Moran very defensive?
(a) Moran's faith.
(b) Luke being beaten.
(c) The bruises on Rose's arms.
(d) Michael being afraid of the gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the way home from the wedding, what does Moran make everyone do in the car to save time?
2. What type of jobs were both Mona and Sheila offered?
3. Where do Sean and Sheila get married?
4. How many positions does Maggie get accepted to?
5. Sheila and Mona send a note to Moran and Rose telling them that Michael is where?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)