|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Moran writes to Luke asking him to do what?
(a) Allow Maggie to live with him.
(b) Send money to the family.
(c) Come home.
(d) Meet Maggie in London.
2. Who do the girls always bring Rose information about?
(b) Rose's family in Scotland.
(c) Luke and Michael.
(d) Moran's first wife.
3. That winter what announcement does Sheila make?
(a) She is engaged.
(b) She has won the lottery.
(c) She is dying.
(d) She is moving back to Great Meadow.
4. What does Michael do that makes Nell worry?
(a) He tells Nell he loves her.
(b) He threatens to move away.
(c) He proposes marriage.
(d) He quits school early.
5. What chore does Moran gather the children to do?
(a) Pick the fruit from the trees.
(b) Clean all the windows.
(c) Mow and gather the hay.
(d) Wash the dishes.
6. What does Michael begin to do when he discovers he is attracted to older women?
(a) Writes love letters to complete strangers.
(b) Asks women out that he meets at church.
(c) Dresses in suits to look older.
(d) Stays out late dancing and drinking.
7. When is the only time that Moran is seemingly happy?
(a) When his children do well on their exams.
(b) During the Rosary.
(c) During harvest season.
(d) When he is alone.
8. Michael is caught flirting with Nell Morahan. What is her reputation?
(a) She is shy and rarely talks to men.
(b) She is mean and rude to men.
(c) She is older and promiscuous.
(d) She is younger and immature.
9. Why does young Michael cry during the ritual of the Rosary?
(a) He hurt his back tending to the garden.
(b) He does not believe in the Rosary.
(c) He misses his sisters.
(d) He is afraid of Moran.
10. Rose visits her family to swap what?
(a) Fabric swatches.
(b) Spare produce.
(c) Marriage advice.
(d) Old recipies.
11. What does Michael do that shocks the girls and allows them to see him in a different light?
(a) He ignores his daily chores.
(b) He talks back to Moran.
(c) He kisses a woman.
(d) He drinks a beer.
12. What does Mark O'Donoghue do for work in London?
(a) He is an accountant.
(b) He is a construction worker.
(c) He is a police officer.
(d) He is unemployed.
13. How does Maggie fill her time since she no longer has household chores to do?
(a) Goes out at night to dances.
(b) Explores the farm.
(c) Listens to the radio.
(d) Studies for her nursing exams.
14. Where does Sheila go on her honeymoon?
(a) New York.
15. What event do the three girls and Michael attend?
(a) The St. Stephen's Day dance.
(b) The church Christmas play.
(c) The lighting of the town tree.
(d) The early morning Mass service.
Short Answer Questions
1. What touchy subject does Moran finally ask Maggie about when she returns from London on holiday?
2. What about Mark shocks Mona and Sheila?
3. Where does Michael go instead of going to school?
4. What does Moran eye during the fight that makes Michael nervous?
5. What does Maggie report that Luke is doing in London?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)