|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maggie report that Luke is doing in London?
(a) Studying to be a doctor.
(b) Working as a teacher.
(c) Working as an electrician.
(d) Studying accountancy.
2. What nightly ritual does Rose become involved in?
(a) Saying the Rosary.
(b) Doing the dishes.
(c) Locking up the house.
(d) Tucking in the children.
3. Where do Sean and Sheila get married?
(a) The local golf course.
(b) Great Meadow.
4. What does Michael do that shocks the girls and allows them to see him in a different light?
(a) He ignores his daily chores.
(b) He kisses a woman.
(c) He talks back to Moran.
(d) He drinks a beer.
5. After taking their final exams, where do Mona and Sheila leave to?
(b) Hong Kong.
(d) New York.
6. What does Moran eye during the fight that makes Michael nervous?
(a) The shotgun.
(b) The Rosary beads.
(c) Michael's suitcase.
(d) A kitchen knife.
7. Who helps Maggie apply for positions as a nurse?
8. What event do the three girls and Michael attend?
(a) The St. Stephen's Day dance.
(b) The early morning Mass service.
(c) The church Christmas play.
(d) The lighting of the town tree.
9. Who stood in for Moran during Maggie's wedding?
(d) Mark's father.
10. What does Michael do that makes Nell worry?
(a) He quits school early.
(b) He proposes marriage.
(c) He tells Nell he loves her.
(d) He threatens to move away.
11. In the midst of his conflict with Michael, what can be considered Moran's anchor?
(a) The ritual of the Rosary.
(b) His relationship with Rose.
(c) The distraction of the farm.
(d) His friendship with McQuaid.
12. Who do the girls always bring Rose information about?
(a) Rose's family in Scotland.
(c) Moran's first wife.
(d) Luke and Michael.
13. What does Mark compare Great Meadow to as he leaves on the train?
(a) A nightmare.
(b) A vacation.
14. What is the relationship between Maggie and Mark O'Donoghue?
(a) They are co-workers and have never gotten along.
(b) They are former lovers and now friends.
(c) They are secretly engaged.
(d) They are strangers.
15. What does Rose tell Michael he must do to make everything better with Moran?
(a) Michael must give up drinking for good.
(b) Michael must apologize to Moran.
(c) Michael must work on the farm for free.
(d) Michael must bring Luke home from London.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mark go every night to "escape" when he is staying at Great Meadow?
2. Where does Moran begin spending much more time after Mark and Maggie's visit?
3. What does Moran tell Michael to do when he finds out about his sons affair with Nell?
4. What does Michael borrow from Nell?
5. Michael is caught flirting with Nell Morahan. What is her reputation?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)