|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What benefits do the girls receive by having Rose around?
(a) They now have someone to clean up after them.
(b) They no longer have to cook for themselves.
(c) They no longer have to babysit their younger siblings.
(d) They confide in her and she protects them from Moran's wrath.
2. What is the relationship between Maggie and Mark O'Donoghue?
(a) They are secretly engaged.
(b) They are co-workers and have never gotten along.
(c) They are strangers.
(d) They are former lovers and now friends.
3. What word best describes how Moran feels about Rose going out?
4. As Moran seems to lose his spark for life, what is it that he mentions he feels betrayed by?
(a) How fast the years have gone by.
(b) His two sons who left him.
(c) Rose who seems to like his children more than him.
(d) How boring life has been after the war.
5. Whose place in the household does Rose take over?
6. What does Moran eye during the fight that makes Michael nervous?
(a) The Rosary beads.
(b) The shotgun.
(c) Michael's suitcase.
(d) A kitchen knife.
7. Who calls Moran from the school to inquire about Michael?
(a) Father Murphy.
(b) Sister O'Connell.
(c) Brother Michael.
(d) Mother Mary Dalles.
8. In the midst of his conflict with Michael, what can be considered Moran's anchor?
(a) The distraction of the farm.
(b) His friendship with McQuaid.
(c) His relationship with Rose.
(d) The ritual of the Rosary.
9. What does Michael borrow from Nell?
(a) Train fare.
(b) New clothes.
(c) Her car.
(d) Her passport.
10. When is the only time that Moran is seemingly happy?
(a) When he is alone.
(b) During harvest season.
(c) When his children do well on their exams.
(d) During the Rosary.
11. Sheila and Mona send a note to Moran and Rose telling them that Michael is where?
(d) New York.
12. When Michael doesn't show up for the Rosary, where do Moran and Rose assume he is?
(a) At the pub.
(b) New York.
13. What does Young Michael tend to?
(a) The farm animals.
(b) Rose's flower garden.
(c) The family pet.
(d) The household chores.
14. What does Mark O'Donoghue do for work in London?
(a) He is a police officer.
(b) He is unemployed.
(c) He is an accountant.
(d) He is a construction worker.
15. After taking their final exams, where do Mona and Sheila leave to?
(b) Hong Kong.
(c) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maggie report that Luke is doing in London?
2. How old is Michael when his sisters leave home?
3. What is the name of Sheila's boyfriend?
4. What type of jobs were both Mona and Sheila offered?
5. Rose visits her family to swap what?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)