|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Nell Morahan live?
(d) New York.
2. Why do Sheila and Sean go back to the house while the rest of the family is pitching in with the haymaking?
(a) They go to the house just to anger Moran.
(b) They go to the house to make love.
(c) They go to the house to make dinner for the family.
(d) They go to the house because they are too weak to work.
3. Who visits Moran and Rose every other weekend?
(a) Sheila and Mona.
(b) Luke and Michael.
(c) The new maid service.
(d) McQuaid and O'Leary.
4. What does Michael do that makes Nell worry?
(a) He quits school early.
(b) He proposes marriage.
(c) He tells Nell he loves her.
(d) He threatens to move away.
5. What does Moran spread across the fields?
6. What word best describes how Moran feels about Rose going out?
7. When is the only time that Moran is seemingly happy?
(a) During the Rosary.
(b) During harvest season.
(c) When he is alone.
(d) When his children do well on their exams.
8. Where does Rose advocate Maggie to go to train as a nurse?
(d) United States of America.
9. When Michael doesn't show up for the Rosary, where do Moran and Rose assume he is?
(c) At the pub.
(d) New York.
10. What do the children tend to do when Moran gets angry?
(a) Fight back.
(b) Become withdrawn and quiet.
(c) Slip out of the room.
(d) Confront their father about his anger.
11. What does Moran tell Michael to do when he finds out about his sons affair with Nell?
(a) Moran kicks Michael out of the house and asks him never to return.
(b) Moran tells Michael to end the affair and go back to school or he will send him to boarding school.
(c) Moran sends Michael to his room and tells him to take of his clothes and prepare for a beating.
(d) Moran hits Michael and informs him that the beatings will continue until the affair ends.
12. What does Nell Morahan do for a living?
(a) She works for the government.
(b) She is a butcher.
(c) She is a waitress.
(d) She is a nurse.
13. What does Moran eye during the fight that makes Michael nervous?
(a) The shotgun.
(b) Michael's suitcase.
(c) The Rosary beads.
(d) A kitchen knife.
14. What does Moran want to do when Michael returns?
(a) Apologize to Michael in front of the whole family.
(b) Invite Michael and Nell to live together at Great Meadows.
(c) Administer a beating in front of the whole family.
(d) Inform Michael that he is no longer in the family will.
15. What touchy subject does Moran finally ask Maggie about when she returns from London on holiday?
(a) Her boyfriends.
(c) His marriage to Rose.
(d) Her studies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sheila and Mona send a note to Moran and Rose telling them that Michael is where?
2. Michael is caught flirting with Nell Morahan. What is her reputation?
3. Who does Sheila invite to the wedding without consulting anyone?
4. What does Rose tell Michael he must do to make everything better with Moran?
5. What is Luke doing for work in London?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)