Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. That winter what announcement does Sheila make?
(a) She is engaged.
(b) She is dying.
(c) She has won the lottery.
(d) She is moving back to Great Meadow.
2. What does Moran do when he catches Michael coming home late one night?
(a) Bans Michael from Great Meadow.
(b) Hits him with a dictionary.
(c) Strikes him around the head.
(d) Yells at him until morning.
3. What petty thing sparks a fight between Moran and Michael?
(a) Michael's tendancy to come home late smelling of alcohol.
(b) Moran's impolite nicknames for Moran and Nell.
(c) The way Michael pushes the salt shaker to Moran.
(d) The way Michael folds the laundry.
4. Why do Mark and Maggie return to Great Meadow the next summer after their wedding?
(a) Mark needed to ask Moran for money.
(b) Maggie gave birth to a baby boy.
(c) Mark and Maggie are moving back to Great Meadow for good.
(d) Maggie wanted to update Moran and Rose about Luke.
5. What does Rose tell Michael he must do to make everything better with Moran?
(a) Michael must bring Luke home from London.
(b) Michael must work on the farm for free.
(c) Michael must give up drinking for good.
(d) Michael must apologize to Moran.
6. What does Sheila question Moran about in Section 6 that makes Moran very defensive?
(a) The bruises on Rose's arms.
(b) Moran's faith.
(c) Michael being afraid of the gun.
(d) Luke being beaten.
7. Where do Nell and Michael make love?
(a) In the back seat of the car.
(b) At Nell's apartment.
(c) At Great Meadows.
(d) In the sand dunes.
8. What does Sheila desperately want to study, but Moran will not allow it?
9. What does Mark O'Donoghue do for work in London?
(a) He is unemployed.
(b) He is a police officer.
(c) He is a construction worker.
(d) He is an accountant.
10. What does Michael begin to do when he discovers he is attracted to older women?
(a) Stays out late dancing and drinking.
(b) Dresses in suits to look older.
(c) Writes love letters to complete strangers.
(d) Asks women out that he meets at church.
11. Where does Mark go every night to "escape" when he is staying at Great Meadow?
(a) His car.
(b) Maggie's bedroom.
(c) The barn.
(d) The pub.
12. What does Michael do when Moran lunges at him?
(a) Michael gets hit and cries in the corner.
(b) Michael avoids the lunge and escapes the house.
(c) Michael swings back and breaks Moran's nose.
(d) Michael wrestles Moran to the ground and the two stop when Rose comes in.
13. What does Michael borrow from Nell?
(a) Train fare.
(b) Her passport.
(c) Her car.
(d) New clothes.
14. What does Moran spread across the fields?
15. Why does young Michael cry during the ritual of the Rosary?
(a) He misses his sisters.
(b) He does not believe in the Rosary.
(c) He hurt his back tending to the garden.
(d) He is afraid of Moran.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word best describes how Moran feels about Rose going out?
2. Where does Nell Morahan live?
3. When is the only time that Moran is seemingly happy?
4. What is the name of Sheila's boyfriend?
5. What is the relationship between Maggie and Mark O'Donoghue?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)