|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mark go every night to "escape" when he is staying at Great Meadow?
(a) The barn.
(b) Maggie's bedroom.
(c) His car.
(d) The pub.
2. What does Moran want to do when Michael returns?
(a) Apologize to Michael in front of the whole family.
(b) Administer a beating in front of the whole family.
(c) Invite Michael and Nell to live together at Great Meadows.
(d) Inform Michael that he is no longer in the family will.
3. Who do the girls always bring Rose information about?
(b) Luke and Michael.
(c) Moran's first wife.
(d) Rose's family in Scotland.
4. What is the relationship between Maggie and Mark O'Donoghue?
(a) They are former lovers and now friends.
(b) They are co-workers and have never gotten along.
(c) They are secretly engaged.
(d) They are strangers.
5. What does Nell Morahan do for a living?
(a) She is a waitress.
(b) She is a nurse.
(c) She works for the government.
(d) She is a butcher.
6. Sheila and Mona send a note to Moran and Rose telling them that Michael is where?
(d) New York.
7. What about Mark shocks Mona and Sheila?
(a) His fashion and appearance.
(b) His lack of manners toward Rose and Moran.
(c) His quiet and shy personality.
(d) His crude language.
8. What word best describes how Moran feels about Rose going out?
9. What does Michael do when Moran lunges at him?
(a) Michael avoids the lunge and escapes the house.
(b) Michael swings back and breaks Moran's nose.
(c) Michael wrestles Moran to the ground and the two stop when Rose comes in.
(d) Michael gets hit and cries in the corner.
10. Who else in the family also advocated for Maggie to leave and train as a nurse?
11. Michael is caught flirting with Nell Morahan. What is her reputation?
(a) She is shy and rarely talks to men.
(b) She is younger and immature.
(c) She is older and promiscuous.
(d) She is mean and rude to men.
12. Why do Mark and Maggie return to Great Meadow the next summer after their wedding?
(a) Maggie wanted to update Moran and Rose about Luke.
(b) Mark needed to ask Moran for money.
(c) Mark and Maggie are moving back to Great Meadow for good.
(d) Maggie gave birth to a baby boy.
13. Where does Sheila go on her honeymoon?
(a) New York.
14. As Moran seems to lose his spark for life, what is it that he mentions he feels betrayed by?
(a) How boring life has been after the war.
(b) Rose who seems to like his children more than him.
(c) His two sons who left him.
(d) How fast the years have gone by.
15. How many positions does Maggie get accepted to?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Maggie, Mona, and Sheila all return home?
2. On what occasion does Mark visit Great Meadow?
3. What does Young Michael tend to?
4. Where do Nell and Michael make love?
5. What does Moran tell Michael to do when he finds out about his sons affair with Nell?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)