|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mark go every night to "escape" when he is staying at Great Meadow?
(a) The pub.
(b) Maggie's bedroom.
(c) The barn.
(d) His car.
2. How does Maggie fill her time since she no longer has household chores to do?
(a) Listens to the radio.
(b) Explores the farm.
(c) Studies for her nursing exams.
(d) Goes out at night to dances.
3. What benefits do the girls receive by having Rose around?
(a) They no longer have to babysit their younger siblings.
(b) They confide in her and she protects them from Moran's wrath.
(c) They now have someone to clean up after them.
(d) They no longer have to cook for themselves.
4. What does Moran spread across the fields?
5. Why do Sheila and Sean go back to the house while the rest of the family is pitching in with the haymaking?
(a) They go to the house because they are too weak to work.
(b) They go to the house just to anger Moran.
(c) They go to the house to make dinner for the family.
(d) They go to the house to make love.
6. What does Nell Morahan do for a living?
(a) She works for the government.
(b) She is a butcher.
(c) She is a waitress.
(d) She is a nurse.
7. What is Luke doing for work in London?
(a) Teaching at the University.
(b) Luke is unemployed.
(c) Converting old houses into flats.
(d) Luke owns a small farm just like Moran.
8. Where do Nell and Michael make love?
(a) In the sand dunes.
(b) In the back seat of the car.
(c) At Nell's apartment.
(d) At Great Meadows.
9. What does Moran do when he catches Michael coming home late one night?
(a) Strikes him around the head.
(b) Yells at him until morning.
(c) Hits him with a dictionary.
(d) Bans Michael from Great Meadow.
10. Who does Sheila invite to the wedding without consulting anyone?
(d) Her ex-boyfriend.
11. As Moran seems to lose his spark for life, what is it that he mentions he feels betrayed by?
(a) How boring life has been after the war.
(b) How fast the years have gone by.
(c) Rose who seems to like his children more than him.
(d) His two sons who left him.
12. On what occasion does Mark visit Great Meadow?
(a) Moran's birthday.
(c) St. Patrick's Day.
13. What type of jobs were both Mona and Sheila offered?
(a) Working with children.
(b) Working for the government.
(c) Working on a farm.
(d) Working in sales.
14. What does Rose tell Michael he must do to make everything better with Moran?
(a) Michael must bring Luke home from London.
(b) Michael must apologize to Moran.
(c) Michael must work on the farm for free.
(d) Michael must give up drinking for good.
15. How many positions does Maggie get accepted to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What event do the three girls and Michael attend?
2. When Maggie asks Luke to come home, what is his response?
3. What does Young Michael tend to?
4. What does Moran eye during the fight that makes Michael nervous?
5. What does Michael do when Moran lunges at him?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)