|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nell Morahan do for a living?
(a) She is a butcher.
(b) She is a waitress.
(c) She is a nurse.
(d) She works for the government.
2. What does Moran tell Michael to do when he finds out about his sons affair with Nell?
(a) Moran hits Michael and informs him that the beatings will continue until the affair ends.
(b) Moran tells Michael to end the affair and go back to school or he will send him to boarding school.
(c) Moran sends Michael to his room and tells him to take of his clothes and prepare for a beating.
(d) Moran kicks Michael out of the house and asks him never to return.
3. Whose place in the household does Rose take over?
4. What does young Michael get when Rose and Moran begin sharing a room?
(a) A new pet.
(b) His own room.
(c) More chores.
(d) Extra free time.
5. Where does Rose advocate Maggie to go to train as a nurse?
(b) United States of America.
6. Where does Mark go every night to "escape" when he is staying at Great Meadow?
(a) His car.
(b) The barn.
(c) Maggie's bedroom.
(d) The pub.
7. What does Michael begin to do when he discovers he is attracted to older women?
(a) Dresses in suits to look older.
(b) Writes love letters to complete strangers.
(c) Stays out late dancing and drinking.
(d) Asks women out that he meets at church.
8. When Michael doesn't show up for the Rosary, where do Moran and Rose assume he is?
(c) New York.
(d) At the pub.
9. Who does Sheila invite to the wedding without consulting anyone?
(b) Her ex-boyfriend.
10. What does Maggie report that Luke is doing in London?
(a) Working as an electrician.
(b) Studying accountancy.
(c) Studying to be a doctor.
(d) Working as a teacher.
11. Michael is caught flirting with Nell Morahan. What is her reputation?
(a) She is younger and immature.
(b) She is shy and rarely talks to men.
(c) She is older and promiscuous.
(d) She is mean and rude to men.
12. On the way home from the wedding, what does Moran make everyone do in the car to save time?
(a) Eat their dinner.
(b) Change out of their wedding clothes.
(c) Open the wedding gifts.
(d) Say the Rosary.
13. Where do Nell and Michael make love?
(a) In the back seat of the car.
(b) In the sand dunes.
(c) At Great Meadows.
(d) At Nell's apartment.
14. What does Michael do that makes Nell worry?
(a) He quits school early.
(b) He proposes marriage.
(c) He threatens to move away.
(d) He tells Nell he loves her.
15. Who helps Maggie apply for positions as a nurse?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Sheila and Sean go back to the house while the rest of the family is pitching in with the haymaking?
2. Where does Sheila go on her honeymoon?
3. When is the only time that Moran is seemingly happy?
4. When Maggie asks Luke to come home, what is his response?
5. What petty thing sparks a fight between Moran and Michael?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)