|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Moran do when he catches Michael coming home late one night?
(a) Bans Michael from Great Meadow.
(b) Yells at him until morning.
(c) Hits him with a dictionary.
(d) Strikes him around the head.
2. On what occasion does Mark visit Great Meadow?
(a) St. Patrick's Day.
(b) Moran's birthday.
3. What does Moran spread across the fields?
4. What is the relationship between Maggie and Mark O'Donoghue?
(a) They are strangers.
(b) They are co-workers and have never gotten along.
(c) They are secretly engaged.
(d) They are former lovers and now friends.
5. What does Young Michael tend to?
(a) Rose's flower garden.
(b) The family pet.
(c) The farm animals.
(d) The household chores.
6. Who visits Moran and Rose every other weekend?
(a) The new maid service.
(b) McQuaid and O'Leary.
(c) Luke and Michael.
(d) Sheila and Mona.
7. What type of jobs were both Mona and Sheila offered?
(a) Working for the government.
(b) Working in sales.
(c) Working with children.
(d) Working on a farm.
8. On the way home from the wedding, what does Moran make everyone do in the car to save time?
(a) Open the wedding gifts.
(b) Change out of their wedding clothes.
(c) Eat their dinner.
(d) Say the Rosary.
9. Where do Sean and Sheila get married?
(c) Great Meadow.
(d) The local golf course.
10. What does Rose tell Michael he must do to make everything better with Moran?
(a) Michael must give up drinking for good.
(b) Michael must bring Luke home from London.
(c) Michael must work on the farm for free.
(d) Michael must apologize to Moran.
11. When Michael doesn't show up for the Rosary, where do Moran and Rose assume he is?
(a) At the pub.
(d) New York.
12. Where does Mark go every night to "escape" when he is staying at Great Meadow?
(a) Maggie's bedroom.
(b) The barn.
(c) His car.
(d) The pub.
13. That winter what announcement does Sheila make?
(a) She has won the lottery.
(b) She is moving back to Great Meadow.
(c) She is dying.
(d) She is engaged.
14. What does Maggie report that Luke is doing in London?
(a) Studying to be a doctor.
(b) Working as a teacher.
(c) Studying accountancy.
(d) Working as an electrician.
15. What touchy subject does Moran finally ask Maggie about when she returns from London on holiday?
(a) Her boyfriends.
(b) Her studies.
(d) His marriage to Rose.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sheila desperately want to study, but Moran will not allow it?
2. What petty thing sparks a fight between Moran and Michael?
3. As Moran seems to lose his spark for life, what is it that he mentions he feels betrayed by?
4. What is the name of Sheila's boyfriend?
5. In the midst of his conflict with Michael, what can be considered Moran's anchor?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)