|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Rose advocate Maggie to go to train as a nurse?
(a) United States of America.
2. What nightly ritual does Rose become involved in?
(a) Saying the Rosary.
(b) Locking up the house.
(c) Doing the dishes.
(d) Tucking in the children.
3. What chore does Moran gather the children to do?
(a) Clean all the windows.
(b) Wash the dishes.
(c) Pick the fruit from the trees.
(d) Mow and gather the hay.
4. Michael is caught flirting with Nell Morahan. What is her reputation?
(a) She is mean and rude to men.
(b) She is older and promiscuous.
(c) She is shy and rarely talks to men.
(d) She is younger and immature.
5. Who else in the family also advocated for Maggie to leave and train as a nurse?
6. After taking their final exams, where do Mona and Sheila leave to?
(b) New York.
(d) Hong Kong.
7. Where do Sean and Sheila get married?
(a) Great Meadow.
(c) The local golf course.
8. What does Sheila desperately want to study, but Moran will not allow it?
9. Moran writes to Luke asking him to do what?
(a) Meet Maggie in London.
(b) Send money to the family.
(c) Allow Maggie to live with him.
(d) Come home.
10. Where does Michael go instead of going to school?
(a) Michael tries to find Nell.
(b) Michael travels back to Dublin.
(c) Michael travels to London to find Luke.
(d) Michael skips school to go to a bar.
11. How does Maggie fill her time since she no longer has household chores to do?
(a) Listens to the radio.
(b) Explores the farm.
(c) Goes out at night to dances.
(d) Studies for her nursing exams.
12. What does Maggie report about Luke?
(a) He and his businesses are doing well.
(b) He is lonely and wants to return home.
(c) He is broke and needs a loan.
(d) He is back in school.
13. How many positions does Maggie get accepted to?
14. Sheila and Mona send a note to Moran and Rose telling them that Michael is where?
(c) New York.
15. Why do Sheila and Sean go back to the house while the rest of the family is pitching in with the haymaking?
(a) They go to the house to make dinner for the family.
(b) They go to the house to make love.
(c) They go to the house just to anger Moran.
(d) They go to the house because they are too weak to work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mark O'Donoghue do for work in London?
2. Why does young Michael cry during the ritual of the Rosary?
3. What does Michael do that makes Nell worry?
4. When is the only time that Moran is seemingly happy?
5. Who stood in for Moran during Maggie's wedding?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)