|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After taking their final exams, where do Mona and Sheila leave to?
(a) New York.
(b) Hong Kong.
2. What does Moran eye during the fight that makes Michael nervous?
(a) The Rosary beads.
(b) Michael's suitcase.
(c) The shotgun.
(d) A kitchen knife.
3. What does Young Michael tend to?
(a) The household chores.
(b) The family pet.
(c) The farm animals.
(d) Rose's flower garden.
4. What word best describes how Moran feels about Rose going out?
5. Who stood in for Moran during Maggie's wedding?
(d) Mark's father.
6. What does Michael borrow from Nell?
(a) Train fare.
(b) Her passport.
(c) New clothes.
(d) Her car.
7. What does young Michael get when Rose and Moran begin sharing a room?
(a) His own room.
(b) A new pet.
(c) Extra free time.
(d) More chores.
8. In the midst of his conflict with Michael, what can be considered Moran's anchor?
(a) The distraction of the farm.
(b) His relationship with Rose.
(c) The ritual of the Rosary.
(d) His friendship with McQuaid.
9. What does Maggie report about Luke?
(a) He is lonely and wants to return home.
(b) He and his businesses are doing well.
(c) He is broke and needs a loan.
(d) He is back in school.
10. Sheila and Mona send a note to Moran and Rose telling them that Michael is where?
(d) New York.
11. What does Sheila desperately want to study, but Moran will not allow it?
12. Who do the girls always bring Rose information about?
(a) Rose's family in Scotland.
(b) Luke and Michael.
(c) Moran's first wife.
13. When is the only time that Moran is seemingly happy?
(a) During harvest season.
(b) When his children do well on their exams.
(c) During the Rosary.
(d) When he is alone.
14. Where do Nell and Michael make love?
(a) In the sand dunes.
(b) In the back seat of the car.
(c) At Great Meadows.
(d) At Nell's apartment.
15. Where do Sean and Sheila get married?
(a) Great Meadow.
(b) The local golf course.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many positions does Maggie get accepted to?
2. Where does Mark go every night to "escape" when he is staying at Great Meadow?
3. What does Michael do when Moran lunges at him?
4. What chore does Moran gather the children to do?
5. That winter what announcement does Sheila make?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)