|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Nell Morahan live?
(c) New York.
2. Where does Rose advocate Maggie to go to train as a nurse?
(d) United States of America.
3. Who else in the family also advocated for Maggie to leave and train as a nurse?
4. Why do Mark and Maggie return to Great Meadow the next summer after their wedding?
(a) Mark and Maggie are moving back to Great Meadow for good.
(b) Maggie wanted to update Moran and Rose about Luke.
(c) Maggie gave birth to a baby boy.
(d) Mark needed to ask Moran for money.
5. Whose place in the household does Rose take over?
6. Who helps Maggie apply for positions as a nurse?
7. What type of jobs were both Mona and Sheila offered?
(a) Working on a farm.
(b) Working with children.
(c) Working for the government.
(d) Working in sales.
8. What is the relationship between Maggie and Mark O'Donoghue?
(a) They are secretly engaged.
(b) They are strangers.
(c) They are former lovers and now friends.
(d) They are co-workers and have never gotten along.
9. When Maggie asks Luke to come home, what is his response?
(a) "Moran will kill me if I come home."
(b) "My home is in London now."
(c) "Only women can live with Moran."
(d) "I have no home."
10. What about Mark shocks Mona and Sheila?
(a) His fashion and appearance.
(b) His lack of manners toward Rose and Moran.
(c) His quiet and shy personality.
(d) His crude language.
11. What does Maggie report that Luke is doing in London?
(a) Working as a teacher.
(b) Studying to be a doctor.
(c) Studying accountancy.
(d) Working as an electrician.
12. What does Moran spread across the fields?
13. After taking their final exams, where do Mona and Sheila leave to?
(a) New York.
(b) Hong Kong.
14. Where does Michael go instead of going to school?
(a) Michael travels to London to find Luke.
(b) Michael tries to find Nell.
(c) Michael travels back to Dublin.
(d) Michael skips school to go to a bar.
15. Moran writes to Luke asking him to do what?
(a) Come home.
(b) Allow Maggie to live with him.
(c) Send money to the family.
(d) Meet Maggie in London.
Short Answer Questions
1. What benefits do the girls receive by having Rose around?
2. What does Sheila question Moran about in Section 6 that makes Moran very defensive?
3. What do Moran and Rose do instead of attending Maggie's wedding?
4. Rose visits her family to swap what?
5. Who does Sheila invite to the wedding without consulting anyone?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)