|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many positions does Maggie get accepted to?
2. Why do Maggie, Mona, and Sheila all return home?
(a) They heard Michael was getting into trouble.
(b) Rose asked them to visit.
(c) Moran's birthday.
(d) The Christmas holiday.
3. Who else in the family also advocated for Maggie to leave and train as a nurse?
4. What does Moran tell Michael to do when he finds out about his sons affair with Nell?
(a) Moran tells Michael to end the affair and go back to school or he will send him to boarding school.
(b) Moran hits Michael and informs him that the beatings will continue until the affair ends.
(c) Moran sends Michael to his room and tells him to take of his clothes and prepare for a beating.
(d) Moran kicks Michael out of the house and asks him never to return.
5. Where does Rose advocate Maggie to go to train as a nurse?
(c) United States of America.
6. What does Mark O'Donoghue do for work in London?
(a) He is a police officer.
(b) He is a construction worker.
(c) He is unemployed.
(d) He is an accountant.
7. Michael is caught flirting with Nell Morahan. What is her reputation?
(a) She is shy and rarely talks to men.
(b) She is older and promiscuous.
(c) She is younger and immature.
(d) She is mean and rude to men.
8. What does Rose tell Michael he must do to make everything better with Moran?
(a) Michael must apologize to Moran.
(b) Michael must work on the farm for free.
(c) Michael must bring Luke home from London.
(d) Michael must give up drinking for good.
9. What does Moran eye during the fight that makes Michael nervous?
(a) A kitchen knife.
(b) Michael's suitcase.
(c) The Rosary beads.
(d) The shotgun.
10. Why does young Michael cry during the ritual of the Rosary?
(a) He is afraid of Moran.
(b) He misses his sisters.
(c) He does not believe in the Rosary.
(d) He hurt his back tending to the garden.
11. What does Michael borrow from Nell?
(a) Her passport.
(b) Train fare.
(c) New clothes.
(d) Her car.
12. Where does Sheila go on her honeymoon?
(c) New York.
13. Where does Michael go instead of going to school?
(a) Michael tries to find Nell.
(b) Michael travels back to Dublin.
(c) Michael travels to London to find Luke.
(d) Michael skips school to go to a bar.
14. What does Moran spread across the fields?
15. Where do Nell and Michael make love?
(a) In the sand dunes.
(b) In the back seat of the car.
(c) At Nell's apartment.
(d) At Great Meadows.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sheila question Moran about in Section 6 that makes Moran very defensive?
2. What is Luke doing for work in London?
3. What petty thing sparks a fight between Moran and Michael?
4. What does Nell Morahan do for a living?
5. How does Maggie fill her time since she no longer has household chores to do?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)