|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rose stop going to the post office?
(a) She decides if Moran wants to see her, he will come to her.
(b) She stops receiving mail so there is no reason to go.
(c) She gives up on the idea of becoming a mail carrier.
(d) She can't leave her father alone in the house.
2. What is Moran's first name?
3. How does the Moran family react to Rose?
(a) They reject her.
(b) They accept her.
(c) They think she is not trust-worthy.
(d) They think she is after Moran's money.
4. What is Rose's first impression of Moran after they first meet?
(a) She finds him to be shy and secluded.
(b) She finds him to be intelligent and attentive.
(c) She finds him to be mean and controlling.
(d) She finds him to be loud and borish.
5. Which word best describes how Moran feels about half of his children moving away?
6. What does Moran shoot with his shotgun?
(a) A dog.
(b) A bird.
(c) A window.
(d) A can.
7. How does Moran know McQuaid?
(a) The two don't know each other.
(b) He is a long lost brother.
(c) He is an old boss.
(d) He is an old army buddy.
8. How many daughter's does Moran have?
9. What kind of car does McQuaid drive?
(b) Aston Martin.
10. What does Moran praise McQuaid for?
(a) His savvy business sense.
(b) His keen memory.
(c) His fancy car.
(d) His dapper attire.
11. What do Moran and McQuaid talk about during Monaghan Day?
(b) Their jobs.
(c) Old war stories.
(d) Their kids.
12. What business has made McQuaid so successful after the war?
(a) The cattle business.
(b) The stock market.
(c) Farming potatos.
(d) The used car business.
13. What does Rose know about Moran before she even meets him?
(a) Moran is a widower raising children alone.
(b) Moran is a heroic war veteran.
(c) Moran is a ladies man who is not to be trusted.
(d) Moran is rich man with a lot of land.
14. Moran fought for the IRA in the war. What does IRA stand for?
(a) Irish Republican Army.
(b) International Rebel Alliance.
(c) Irish Rebel Alliance.
(d) International Republican Army.
15. What did Rose have plenty of in her younger days?
(a) Job opportunities.
(d) Male suitors.
Short Answer Questions
1. After what event does Moran have trouble adjusting?
2. Why is Moran so annoyed by McQuaid's car?
3. Who, in particular, thinks Rose is making a mistake by entertaining Moran?
4. Who helps Rose sneak something into the wardrobe?
5. How does Moran react when the girls bring up some of the stories they have heard spoken of about Monaghan Days past?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)