|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the locals begin to gossip about in Section 3?
(a) Moran is leading Rose on.
(b) Luke is moving home soon.
(c) Rose making a fool of herself for love.
(d) Rose is going to break Moran's heart.
2. What did Moran fear that lead to his marriage to Rose?
(a) Growing old and alone.
(b) His children moving away.
(c) Going bankrupt.
(d) Another upcoming war.
3. How does Rose feel about the idea of a revival of Monaghan Day?
(a) She is anxious.
(b) She is doubtful.
(c) She is excited.
(d) She is apathetic.
4. What is the name of the farm that Moran and Rose live on?
(a) Rolling Meadows.
(b) Great Hills.
(c) Rolling Hills.
(d) Great Meadow.
5. Which two characters prepare the house for the big celebration?
(a) Sheila and Mona.
(b) Mona and Maggie.
(c) Moran and McQuaid.
(d) Maggie and Rose.
6. Why does Rose stop going to the post office?
(a) She stops receiving mail so there is no reason to go.
(b) She gives up on the idea of becoming a mail carrier.
(c) She can't leave her father alone in the house.
(d) She decides if Moran wants to see her, he will come to her.
7. What rumor does McQuaid bring up about Moran?
(a) Moran is bankrupt.
(b) Moran is courting again.
(c) Moran is planning to move.
(d) Moran is dying.
8. Half of Moran's children have left Ireland. Where have they gone?
(a) The United States of America.
9. Which character enrages Moran by accidentally dropping a plate?
10. After what event does Moran have trouble adjusting?
(a) The war.
(b) The loss of his first wife.
(c) His kids moving away.
(d) His house burning down.
11. What is Moran's first name?
12. What does Moran tell McQuaid about Luke?
(a) Moran is visiting Luke soon.
(b) Moran is proud of Luke.
(c) Luke left the house on bad terms.
(d) Luke is still living at home.
13. After the war, what does Moran give to McQuaid?
(d) A house.
14. What do Moran and McQuaid talk about during Monaghan Day?
(a) Their kids.
(b) Old war stories.
(c) Their jobs.
15. Who helps Rose sneak something into the wardrobe?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her sister.
(c) She does it alone.
(d) Her step-daughters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which word best describes how Moran feels about half of his children moving away?
2. How do the children react to Rose?
3. While Moran is quite mean with money; what word best describes how Rose is with money?
4. What is Rose's last name?
5. Where did Rose work prior to returning to Ireland?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)