|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Moran tell McQuaid about Luke?
(a) Luke left the house on bad terms.
(b) Luke is still living at home.
(c) Moran is visiting Luke soon.
(d) Moran is proud of Luke.
2. After what event does Moran have trouble adjusting?
(a) His house burning down.
(b) The loss of his first wife.
(c) His kids moving away.
(d) The war.
3. What word best describes Rose's mothers feelings about the marriage?
4. Half of Moran's children have left Ireland. Where have they gone?
(c) The United States of America.
5. How does Moran know McQuaid?
(a) He is an old army buddy.
(b) The two don't know each other.
(c) He is an old boss.
(d) He is a long lost brother.
6. How does Rose meet Moran?
(a) They have mutual family friends.
(b) They go to the same deli.
(c) He ran into her on the street.
(d) Waiting for the mail at the post office.
7. Which two characters prepare the house for the big celebration?
(a) Moran and McQuaid.
(b) Mona and Maggie.
(c) Maggie and Rose.
(d) Sheila and Mona.
8. Who, in particular, thinks Rose is making a mistake by entertaining Moran?
(a) Moran's daughters.
(c) Rose's mother.
(d) Moran's son, Luke.
9. What business has made McQuaid so successful after the war?
(a) The used car business.
(b) The stock market.
(c) The cattle business.
(d) Farming potatos.
10. What do Rose and her sister sneak into the house?
(a) An ancient set of tea cups.
(b) A German shepherd.
(c) A musket from the war.
(d) A Franciscan robe.
11. How does Moran feel about the idea of marrying Rose?
(a) Moran can't wait to marry Rose.
(b) Moran resents the idea.
(c) Moran is nervous about what his daughters will think.
(d) Moran isn't planning on marrying Rose.
12. What does Rose know about Moran before she even meets him?
(a) Moran is rich man with a lot of land.
(b) Moran is a widower raising children alone.
(c) Moran is a ladies man who is not to be trusted.
(d) Moran is a heroic war veteran.
13. Which word best describes how Moran feels about half of his children moving away?
14. Despite having less money and worldly possessions; what makes Moran feel superior to McQuaid?
(a) Moran's devotion to his family.
(b) Moran's heroics during the war.
(c) Moran feels that McQuaid is superior.
(d) Moran's home and farm: Great Meadow.
15. Where is the wedding reception located?
(a) The post office.
(b) The courthouse.
(c) Rose's family home.
(d) Great Meadow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Moran and McQuaid talk about during Monaghan Day?
2. How do the girls react when McQuaid inquires about Luke?
3. How do the children react to Rose?
4. What excuse does Moran give as to why he invited McQuaid to the celebration?
5. How does Moran explain life during the war compared to his life now?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)