|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Moran react when the girls bring up some of the stories they have heard spoken of about Monaghan Days past?
(a) He ignores them and pretends he didn't hear them talking.
(b) He gets embarrassed and quiet.
(c) He gets angry and asks them to stop talking.
(d) He speaks openly about the horrors of the war.
2. What word best describes Moran's feelings about the wedding?
3. Why is Moran so annoyed by McQuaid's car?
(a) Moran doesn't own a car and thinks McQuaid should buy him one.
(b) Moran finds displays of money vulgar and only for show.
(c) Moran is jealous of the car and wishes he had one.
(d) Moran drives a BMW and believes them to be superior.
4. Why is growing frail so hard for Moran?
(a) He is not growing frail at all.
(b) He is used to being in control.
(c) He wants to re-enlist in the IRA.
(d) He can no longer work on the farm.
5. When McQuaid leaves he says, "Some people can not bear to come in second", to whom is he referring?
6. What type of work did Rose do before she returned to Ireland?
7. While Moran is quite mean with money; what word best describes how Rose is with money?
8. What is Moran's first name?
9. What do the girls do when Moran is finally out of ear-shot?
(a) Plan his surprise birthday party.
(b) Begin to bake Moran's favorite dessert.
(c) Mimick his ill-tempered actions.
(d) Talk about moving out of Great Meadow.
10. After the war, what does Moran give to McQuaid?
(a) A house.
11. What do Rose and her sister sneak into the house?
(a) A German shepherd.
(b) A musket from the war.
(c) A Franciscan robe.
(d) An ancient set of tea cups.
12. What word best describes Rose's mothers feelings about the marriage?
13. McQuaid arrives to Great Meadow in the evening because he was doing what?
(a) Selling his winter livestock.
(b) Working on his car.
(c) Visiting other friends along the way.
(d) Saying goodbye to his family.
14. Who, in particular, thinks Rose is making a mistake by entertaining Moran?
(b) Moran's daughters.
(c) Moran's son, Luke.
(d) Rose's mother.
15. Which word best describes how Moran feels about half of his children moving away?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Moran praise McQuaid for?
2. What does Moran tell McQuaid about Luke?
3. How does Moran feel about the idea of marrying Rose?
4. What is the reason Rose returns to Ireland?
5. What two things does McQuaid compliment as he sits with Moran?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)