|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Moran complain about after asking Rose to marry him?
(a) Living with another woman.
(b) Rose's cooking.
(c) Paying for the reception.
(d) Giving up the single life.
2. What word best describes the language McQuaid uses around his wife?
3. Where is the wedding reception located?
(a) The post office.
(b) Great Meadow.
(c) Rose's family home.
(d) The courthouse.
4. Which character heads to bed early by pretending to be sick?
5. How many daughter's does Moran have?
6. What do Moran and McQuaid talk about during Monaghan Day?
(a) Their jobs.
(b) Their kids.
(d) Old war stories.
7. What word best describes Rose's mothers feelings about the marriage?
8. What is the relationship between Rose and Moran?
(a) Rose is Moran's first wife.
(b) Rose is Moran's second wife.
(c) Rose is Moran's mother.
(d) Rose is Moran's nurse.
9. What does Moran shoot with his shotgun?
(a) A dog.
(b) A bird.
(c) A window.
(d) A can.
10. Despite the fact that he asks for the opinions of others, what does Moran usually do?
(a) Moran does what his daughters tell him is best.
(b) Moran does what the Lord tells him to do.
(c) Moran does whatever Rose wants.
(d) Moran just does whatever he wishes.
11. How does Moran feel about the idea of marrying Rose?
(a) Moran resents the idea.
(b) Moran is nervous about what his daughters will think.
(c) Moran can't wait to marry Rose.
(d) Moran isn't planning on marrying Rose.
12. How does Moran explain life during the war compared to his life now?
(a) Exhausting and sleepless.
(b) Simple and clear.
(c) Fast-paced and action-packed.
(d) Dangerous and crazy.
13. What word best explains how Moran is acting in regards to his own possible death?
14. What term is used to describe the rumors floating around about Moran?
(a) "Eloborate tales".
(b) "Hushed secrets".
(c) "Dark mutterings".
(d) "False assumptions".
15. What is the name of the farm that Moran and Rose live on?
(a) Rolling Meadows.
(b) Rolling Hills.
(c) Great Hills.
(d) Great Meadow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What rumor does McQuaid bring up about Moran?
2. The last true Monaghan Day marks a time when the girls remember their father as what?
3. What topic threatens to sour the mood of Moran?
4. While Moran is quite mean with money; what word best describes how Rose is with money?
5. What does McQuaid drink instead of the tea the girls make?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)