|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Moran know McQuaid?
(a) The two don't know each other.
(b) He is an old army buddy.
(c) He is a long lost brother.
(d) He is an old boss.
2. While Moran is quite mean with money; what word best describes how Rose is with money?
3. What ritual does Moran do every night before bed?
(a) Drinks water.
(b) Says the Rosary.
(c) Turns out the lights.
(d) Brushes his teeth.
4. What does Moran realize about McQuaid once his stay is over?
(a) McQuaid is going to return to Great Meadow soon.
(b) McQuaid will most likely start a new business soon.
(c) Moran will one day be much wealthier than McQuaid.
(d) Moran has lost his oldest and best friend.
5. Why does Moran constantly protest that nobody cares for him?
(a) To secure the attention of his daughters.
(b) So that his neighbors will have pity on him.
(c) Because nobody actually does care about him.
(d) So that McQuaid will stay longer.
6. Where did Rose work prior to returning to Ireland?
(c) United States of America.
7. Other than love, what is a possible reason for Rose to marry Moran?
(a) Moran's children needed a mother.
(b) The security of his money.
(c) She wanted to live at Great Meadow.
(d) The desire for a family.
8. What is Moran's first name?
9. What does Moran shoot with his shotgun?
(a) A window.
(b) A bird.
(c) A dog.
(d) A can.
10. After what event does Moran have trouble adjusting?
(a) His kids moving away.
(b) The war.
(c) The loss of his first wife.
(d) His house burning down.
11. What does Moran tell McQuaid about Luke?
(a) Luke left the house on bad terms.
(b) Moran is proud of Luke.
(c) Luke is still living at home.
(d) Moran is visiting Luke soon.
12. What does McQuaid chastise Moran for NOT doing after the war?
(a) Applying for pension.
(b) Leaving Ireland.
(c) Selling his farm.
(d) Joining him in business.
13. The last true observance of Monaghan Day also marks the end of a relationship between which two characters?
(a) Moran and Rose.
(b) McQuaid and Maggie.
(c) Moran and McQuaid.
(d) Moran and Maggie.
14. How does Moran explain life during the war compared to his life now?
(a) Simple and clear.
(b) Dangerous and crazy.
(c) Exhausting and sleepless.
(d) Fast-paced and action-packed.
15. What kind of car does McQuaid drive?
(d) Aston Martin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Moran fought for the IRA in the war. What does IRA stand for?
2. The last true Monaghan Day marks a time when the girls remember their father as what?
3. How does Rose feel about the idea of a revival of Monaghan Day?
4. How does Moran feel about the idea of marrying Rose?
5. Moran has a hatred and fear of what two things?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)