|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two things does McQuaid compliment as he sits with Moran?
(a) The beverages and the furniture.
(b) The house and the curtains.
(c) The girls and the meal.
(d) Moran and the weather.
2. What do the locals begin to gossip about in Section 3?
(a) Rose is going to break Moran's heart.
(b) Luke is moving home soon.
(c) Moran is leading Rose on.
(d) Rose making a fool of herself for love.
3. After the war, what does Moran give to McQuaid?
(a) A house.
4. Who does Moran speak to about the possibility of introducing another woman into the household?
5. After not seeing Rose at the post office, what does Moran do?
(a) Moran believes Rose hates him.
(b) Moran calls Rose at home.
(c) Moran sends Rose a letter.
(d) Moran gives up and finds a new woman.
6. What seems to be foreshadowed about Moran's health in the first few paragraphs of the book?
(a) Moran has an inccurrable illness.
(b) Moran is getting stronger.
(c) Moran is growing weaker.
(d) Moran is losing his mind.
7. What kind of car does McQuaid drive?
(a) Aston Martin.
8. What does Moran realize about Rose once McQuaid leaves Great Meadows?
(a) Moran can't stand Rose.
(b) Rose is just a good friend.
(c) Moran will marry Rose.
(d) Rose is in love with McQuaid.
9. What term is used to describe the rumors floating around about Moran?
(a) "Dark mutterings".
(b) "False assumptions".
(c) "Eloborate tales".
(d) "Hushed secrets".
10. What ritual does Moran do every night before bed?
(a) Turns out the lights.
(b) Brushes his teeth.
(c) Drinks water.
(d) Says the Rosary.
11. What does Moran tell McQuaid about Luke?
(a) Luke is still living at home.
(b) Moran is proud of Luke.
(c) Luke left the house on bad terms.
(d) Moran is visiting Luke soon.
12. Who, in particular, thinks Rose is making a mistake by entertaining Moran?
(a) Rose's mother.
(b) Moran's son, Luke.
(d) Moran's daughters.
13. Which word best expresses Moran's feelings towards how the independent Ireland turned out?
14. Why is Moran so annoyed by McQuaid's car?
(a) Moran doesn't own a car and thinks McQuaid should buy him one.
(b) Moran is jealous of the car and wishes he had one.
(c) Moran finds displays of money vulgar and only for show.
(d) Moran drives a BMW and believes them to be superior.
15. The once strong Moran is now dealing with the irony of what?
(a) Fighting with family instead of enemies of war.
(b) Growing weak while his family gets stronger.
(c) Falling in love and needing to be sensitive.
(d) Becoming poor while his wife becomes rich.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character enrages Moran by accidentally dropping a plate?
2. Half of Moran's children have left Ireland. Where have they gone?
3. Why is growing frail so hard for Moran?
4. Moran fought for the IRA in the war. What does IRA stand for?
5. How does Moran feel about Monaghan Days of past?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)