|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Moran know McQuaid?
(a) The two don't know each other.
(b) He is a long lost brother.
(c) He is an old boss.
(d) He is an old army buddy.
2. Despite having less money and worldly possessions; what makes Moran feel superior to McQuaid?
(a) Moran feels that McQuaid is superior.
(b) Moran's heroics during the war.
(c) Moran's devotion to his family.
(d) Moran's home and farm: Great Meadow.
3. What word best explains how Moran is acting in regards to his own possible death?
4. What does McQuaid chastise Moran for NOT doing after the war?
(a) Selling his farm.
(b) Joining him in business.
(c) Applying for pension.
(d) Leaving Ireland.
5. What word best describes the language McQuaid uses around his wife?
6. After what event does Moran have trouble adjusting?
(a) His kids moving away.
(b) His house burning down.
(c) The war.
(d) The loss of his first wife.
7. What do the locals begin to gossip about in Section 3?
(a) Rose making a fool of herself for love.
(b) Luke is moving home soon.
(c) Rose is going to break Moran's heart.
(d) Moran is leading Rose on.
8. What ritual does Moran do every night before bed?
(a) Drinks water.
(b) Brushes his teeth.
(c) Says the Rosary.
(d) Turns out the lights.
9. How do the girls react when McQuaid inquires about Luke?
(a) They don't know who Luke is.
(b) They get angry.
(c) They get tense.
(d) They are excited to share.
10. How does Moran explain life during the war compared to his life now?
(a) Simple and clear.
(b) Dangerous and crazy.
(c) Fast-paced and action-packed.
(d) Exhausting and sleepless.
11. Which word best describes how Moran feels about half of his children moving away?
12. What seems to be foreshadowed about Moran's health in the first few paragraphs of the book?
(a) Moran is losing his mind.
(b) Moran is getting stronger.
(c) Moran has an inccurrable illness.
(d) Moran is growing weaker.
13. What type of work did Rose do before she returned to Ireland?
14. What does Moran complain about after asking Rose to marry him?
(a) Giving up the single life.
(b) Rose's cooking.
(c) Living with another woman.
(d) Paying for the reception.
15. After not seeing Rose at the post office, what does Moran do?
(a) Moran believes Rose hates him.
(b) Moran calls Rose at home.
(c) Moran sends Rose a letter.
(d) Moran gives up and finds a new woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Rose and her sister sneak into the house?
2. How does Moran react when the girls bring up some of the stories they have heard spoken of about Monaghan Days past?
3. What is Rose's first impression of Moran after they first meet?
4. Where did Rose work prior to returning to Ireland?
5. McQuaid arrives to Great Meadow in the evening because he was doing what?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)