|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which word best describes how Moran feels about half of his children moving away?
2. How do the girls react when McQuaid inquires about Luke?
(a) They get angry.
(b) They don't know who Luke is.
(c) They get tense.
(d) They are excited to share.
3. How are the daughters reacting to Moran's possible death?
4. What does Moran realize about McQuaid once his stay is over?
(a) McQuaid is going to return to Great Meadow soon.
(b) Moran has lost his oldest and best friend.
(c) Moran will one day be much wealthier than McQuaid.
(d) McQuaid will most likely start a new business soon.
5. Moran fought for the IRA in the war. What does IRA stand for?
(a) International Rebel Alliance.
(b) International Republican Army.
(c) Irish Rebel Alliance.
(d) Irish Republican Army.
6. After not seeing Rose at the post office, what does Moran do?
(a) Moran gives up and finds a new woman.
(b) Moran calls Rose at home.
(c) Moran believes Rose hates him.
(d) Moran sends Rose a letter.
7. Which two characters prepare the house for the big celebration?
(a) Sheila and Mona.
(b) Moran and McQuaid.
(c) Maggie and Rose.
(d) Mona and Maggie.
8. The last true observance of Monaghan Day also marks the end of a relationship between which two characters?
(a) Moran and McQuaid.
(b) Moran and Rose.
(c) McQuaid and Maggie.
(d) Moran and Maggie.
9. The last true Monaghan Day marks a time when the girls remember their father as what?
(a) Easy-going and care-free.
(b) Sick and dying.
(c) Stressed and stubborn.
(d) Strong and healthy.
10. What is Rose's last name?
11. What did Rose have plenty of in her younger days?
(a) Male suitors.
(c) Job opportunities.
12. Half of Moran's children have left Ireland. Where have they gone?
(c) The United States of America.
13. How does Rose feel about the idea of a revival of Monaghan Day?
(a) She is excited.
(b) She is anxious.
(c) She is apathetic.
(d) She is doubtful.
14. What do the girls do when Moran is finally out of ear-shot?
(a) Talk about moving out of Great Meadow.
(b) Plan his surprise birthday party.
(c) Begin to bake Moran's favorite dessert.
(d) Mimick his ill-tempered actions.
15. What term is used to describe the rumors floating around about Moran?
(a) "Dark mutterings".
(b) "False assumptions".
(c) "Eloborate tales".
(d) "Hushed secrets".
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Moran constantly protest that nobody cares for him?
2. What does Moran complain about after asking Rose to marry him?
3. What kind of car does McQuaid drive?
4. How do the children react to Rose?
5. How does Rose meet Moran?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)