|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is growing frail so hard for Moran?
(a) He is not growing frail at all.
(b) He is used to being in control.
(c) He can no longer work on the farm.
(d) He wants to re-enlist in the IRA.
2. What does Rose know about Moran before she even meets him?
(a) Moran is rich man with a lot of land.
(b) Moran is a widower raising children alone.
(c) Moran is a heroic war veteran.
(d) Moran is a ladies man who is not to be trusted.
3. What excuse does Moran give as to why he invited McQuaid to the celebration?
(a) So McQuaid would leave the house.
(b) Because he missed McQuaid.
(c) So McQuaid wouldn't be so lonely.
(d) So McQuaid wouldn't drink himself stupid at the fair.
4. What does McQuaid drink instead of the tea the girls make?
5. After the war, what does Moran give to McQuaid?
(a) A house.
6. How does Moran feel about the idea of marrying Rose?
(a) Moran is nervous about what his daughters will think.
(b) Moran resents the idea.
(c) Moran can't wait to marry Rose.
(d) Moran isn't planning on marrying Rose.
7. What word best describes Rose's mothers feelings about the marriage?
8. How does Rose feel about the idea of a revival of Monaghan Day?
(a) She is doubtful.
(b) She is anxious.
(c) She is excited.
(d) She is apathetic.
9. Which character heads to bed early by pretending to be sick?
10. What term is used to describe the rumors floating around about Moran?
(a) "Eloborate tales".
(b) "Hushed secrets".
(c) "False assumptions".
(d) "Dark mutterings".
11. How is Rose handling Moran's possible death?
(a) She has not given it any thought.
(b) She is frantic.
(c) She is quietly preparing for it.
(d) She is acting like it won't ever happen.
12. What kind of car does McQuaid drive?
(d) Aston Martin.
13. The once strong Moran is now dealing with the irony of what?
(a) Growing weak while his family gets stronger.
(b) Fighting with family instead of enemies of war.
(c) Falling in love and needing to be sensitive.
(d) Becoming poor while his wife becomes rich.
14. What does Moran tell McQuaid about Luke?
(a) Luke left the house on bad terms.
(b) Moran is visiting Luke soon.
(c) Moran is proud of Luke.
(d) Luke is still living at home.
15. Despite the fact that he asks for the opinions of others, what does Moran usually do?
(a) Moran just does whatever he wishes.
(b) Moran does whatever Rose wants.
(c) Moran does what his daughters tell him is best.
(d) Moran does what the Lord tells him to do.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Moran realize about McQuaid once his stay is over?
2. What does Moran shoot with his shotgun?
3. Despite having less money and worldly possessions; what makes Moran feel superior to McQuaid?
4. What is Moran's first name?
5. Why does Rose make a habit of joining the evening mail group?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)