|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Half of Moran's children have left Ireland. Where have they gone?
(c) The United States of America.
2. Who, in particular, thinks Rose is making a mistake by entertaining Moran?
(b) Moran's son, Luke.
(c) Rose's mother.
(d) Moran's daughters.
3. Which character heads to bed early by pretending to be sick?
4. What business has made McQuaid so successful after the war?
(a) The used car business.
(b) The cattle business.
(c) Farming potatos.
(d) The stock market.
5. What word best describes the language McQuaid uses around his wife?
6. Moran has a hatred and fear of what two things?
(a) Thunder and lighting.
(b) Emotions and trust.
(c) Rodents and birds.
(d) Poverty and illness.
7. Who helps Rose sneak something into the wardrobe?
(a) Her sister.
(b) She does it alone.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her step-daughters.
8. What do Rose and her sister sneak into the house?
(a) A Franciscan robe.
(b) An ancient set of tea cups.
(c) A musket from the war.
(d) A German shepherd.
9. Which two characters prepare the house for the big celebration?
(a) Maggie and Rose.
(b) Mona and Maggie.
(c) Sheila and Mona.
(d) Moran and McQuaid.
10. Why does Rose make a habit of joining the evening mail group?
(a) To make sure her mail is not lost.
(b) So that she can learn how to be a mail carrier.
(c) So that she has an excuse to leave the house.
(d) To make conversation with Moran.
11. What does Moran complain about after asking Rose to marry him?
(a) Giving up the single life.
(b) Living with another woman.
(c) Rose's cooking.
(d) Paying for the reception.
12. What word best explains how Moran is acting in regards to his own possible death?
13. Where is the wedding reception located?
(a) The courthouse.
(b) Great Meadow.
(c) Rose's family home.
(d) The post office.
14. After what event does Moran have trouble adjusting?
(a) His kids moving away.
(b) The war.
(c) His house burning down.
(d) The loss of his first wife.
15. How does Moran feel about Monaghan Days of past?
(a) He feels it is a waste of time and effort.
(b) They mean the world to him.
(c) They have no special meaning to him.
(d) He feels they are a good excuse to party.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rose's last name?
2. Moran's daughters plan a surprise revival of what special day?
3. What rumor does McQuaid bring up about Moran?
4. What does Moran praise McQuaid for?
5. What is the reason Rose returns to Ireland?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)