|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What term is used to describe the rumors floating around about Moran?
(a) "Hushed secrets".
(b) "Dark mutterings".
(c) "False assumptions".
(d) "Eloborate tales".
2. How does the Moran family react to Rose?
(a) They think she is after Moran's money.
(b) They accept her.
(c) They think she is not trust-worthy.
(d) They reject her.
3. Which character heads to bed early by pretending to be sick?
4. Moran has a hatred and fear of what two things?
(a) Emotions and trust.
(b) Rodents and birds.
(c) Poverty and illness.
(d) Thunder and lighting.
5. What does Moran shoot with his shotgun?
(a) A can.
(b) A dog.
(c) A window.
(d) A bird.
6. What excuse does Moran give as to why he invited McQuaid to the celebration?
(a) So McQuaid wouldn't drink himself stupid at the fair.
(b) So McQuaid would leave the house.
(c) So McQuaid wouldn't be so lonely.
(d) Because he missed McQuaid.
7. After the war, what does Moran give to McQuaid?
(c) A house.
8. What is the name of the farm that Moran and Rose live on?
(a) Rolling Hills.
(b) Great Meadow.
(c) Great Hills.
(d) Rolling Meadows.
9. What kind of car does McQuaid drive?
(a) Aston Martin.
10. How does Moran feel about Monaghan Days of past?
(a) They mean the world to him.
(b) They have no special meaning to him.
(c) He feels it is a waste of time and effort.
(d) He feels they are a good excuse to party.
11. What did Moran fear that lead to his marriage to Rose?
(a) Growing old and alone.
(b) Another upcoming war.
(c) His children moving away.
(d) Going bankrupt.
12. What is the relationship between Rose and Moran?
(a) Rose is Moran's nurse.
(b) Rose is Moran's second wife.
(c) Rose is Moran's first wife.
(d) Rose is Moran's mother.
13. What word best describes Rose's mothers feelings about the marriage?
14. What do Rose and her sister sneak into the house?
(a) A musket from the war.
(b) A German shepherd.
(c) A Franciscan robe.
(d) An ancient set of tea cups.
15. Why is growing frail so hard for Moran?
(a) He can no longer work on the farm.
(b) He is not growing frail at all.
(c) He wants to re-enlist in the IRA.
(d) He is used to being in control.
Short Answer Questions
1. Despite having less money and worldly possessions; what makes Moran feel superior to McQuaid?
2. What word best explains how Moran is acting in regards to his own possible death?
3. What topic threatens to sour the mood of Moran?
4. How do the girls react when McQuaid inquires about Luke?
5. What two things does McQuaid compliment as he sits with Moran?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)