Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the wedding reception located?
(a) The courthouse.
(b) Great Meadow.
(c) The post office.
(d) Rose's family home.
2. The last true observance of Monaghan Day also marks the end of a relationship between which two characters?
(a) Moran and McQuaid.
(b) Moran and Maggie.
(c) Moran and Rose.
(d) McQuaid and Maggie.
3. What is Rose's last name?
4. What word best describes Moran's feelings about the wedding?
5. When McQuaid leaves he says, "Some people can not bear to come in second", to whom is he referring?
6. What is the main topic of conversation between Moran and McQuaid?
(a) The economy.
(b) Their families.
(c) The weather.
(d) The war.
7. What does Moran tell McQuaid about Luke?
(a) Luke left the house on bad terms.
(b) Moran is proud of Luke.
(c) Luke is still living at home.
(d) Moran is visiting Luke soon.
8. Moran fought for the IRA in the war. What does IRA stand for?
(a) Irish Republican Army.
(b) Irish Rebel Alliance.
(c) International Republican Army.
(d) International Rebel Alliance.
9. Why does Rose make a habit of joining the evening mail group?
(a) To make sure her mail is not lost.
(b) So that she has an excuse to leave the house.
(c) So that she can learn how to be a mail carrier.
(d) To make conversation with Moran.
10. Other than love, what is a possible reason for Rose to marry Moran?
(a) The security of his money.
(b) Moran's children needed a mother.
(c) The desire for a family.
(d) She wanted to live at Great Meadow.
11. After not seeing Rose at the post office, what does Moran do?
(a) Moran calls Rose at home.
(b) Moran sends Rose a letter.
(c) Moran believes Rose hates him.
(d) Moran gives up and finds a new woman.
12. What lie does McQuaid tell Moran at the end of their discussion?
(a) That he is leaving Ireland and moving to England.
(b) That he has to leave early instead of staying the night.
(c) That he lost all his money and needs a loan.
(d) That he has divorced his wife and is courting again.
13. What does Moran realize about McQuaid once his stay is over?
(a) Moran will one day be much wealthier than McQuaid.
(b) Moran has lost his oldest and best friend.
(c) McQuaid is going to return to Great Meadow soon.
(d) McQuaid will most likely start a new business soon.
14. How does Moran explain life during the war compared to his life now?
(a) Dangerous and crazy.
(b) Exhausting and sleepless.
(c) Simple and clear.
(d) Fast-paced and action-packed.
15. What word best explains how Moran is acting in regards to his own possible death?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Moran react when the girls bring up some of the stories they have heard spoken of about Monaghan Days past?
2. What business has made McQuaid so successful after the war?
3. How does the Moran family react to Rose?
4. While Moran is quite mean with money; what word best describes how Rose is with money?
5. Which word best expresses Moran's feelings towards how the independent Ireland turned out?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)