|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rose stop going to the post office?
(a) She can't leave her father alone in the house.
(b) She decides if Moran wants to see her, he will come to her.
(c) She stops receiving mail so there is no reason to go.
(d) She gives up on the idea of becoming a mail carrier.
2. How does Rose meet Moran?
(a) They go to the same deli.
(b) They have mutual family friends.
(c) He ran into her on the street.
(d) Waiting for the mail at the post office.
3. What did Moran fear that lead to his marriage to Rose?
(a) Another upcoming war.
(b) Growing old and alone.
(c) Going bankrupt.
(d) His children moving away.
4. Where did Rose work prior to returning to Ireland?
(d) United States of America.
5. What is the relationship between Rose and Moran?
(a) Rose is Moran's first wife.
(b) Rose is Moran's second wife.
(c) Rose is Moran's nurse.
(d) Rose is Moran's mother.
6. Moran's daughters plan a surprise revival of what special day?
(a) Christmas Day.
(b) Moran and Rose's anniversary.
(c) Moran's birthday.
(d) Monaghan Day.
7. How does Moran know McQuaid?
(a) He is an old boss.
(b) He is an old army buddy.
(c) The two don't know each other.
(d) He is a long lost brother.
8. How does Rose feel about the idea of a revival of Monaghan Day?
(a) She is anxious.
(b) She is excited.
(c) She is doubtful.
(d) She is apathetic.
9. The last true observance of Monaghan Day also marks the end of a relationship between which two characters?
(a) Moran and McQuaid.
(b) Moran and Maggie.
(c) Moran and Rose.
(d) McQuaid and Maggie.
10. Moran has a hatred and fear of what two things?
(a) Rodents and birds.
(b) Emotions and trust.
(c) Poverty and illness.
(d) Thunder and lighting.
11. While Moran is quite mean with money; what word best describes how Rose is with money?
12. How are the daughters reacting to Moran's possible death?
13. What business has made McQuaid so successful after the war?
(a) The used car business.
(b) Farming potatos.
(c) The cattle business.
(d) The stock market.
14. Saying the Rosary is significant in what religion?
15. What does Moran realize about McQuaid once his stay is over?
(a) Moran has lost his oldest and best friend.
(b) McQuaid will most likely start a new business soon.
(c) McQuaid is going to return to Great Meadow soon.
(d) Moran will one day be much wealthier than McQuaid.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two characters prepare the house for the big celebration?
2. Which character enrages Moran by accidentally dropping a plate?
3. What do Rose and her sister sneak into the house?
4. Why does Rose make a habit of joining the evening mail group?
5. How does Moran explain life during the war compared to his life now?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)