|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Moran tell McQuaid about Luke?
(a) Luke is still living at home.
(b) Luke left the house on bad terms.
(c) Moran is visiting Luke soon.
(d) Moran is proud of Luke.
2. What ritual does Moran do every night before bed?
(a) Says the Rosary.
(b) Turns out the lights.
(c) Brushes his teeth.
(d) Drinks water.
3. Which two characters prepare the house for the big celebration?
(a) Moran and McQuaid.
(b) Maggie and Rose.
(c) Sheila and Mona.
(d) Mona and Maggie.
4. What do the locals begin to gossip about in Section 3?
(a) Luke is moving home soon.
(b) Rose is going to break Moran's heart.
(c) Moran is leading Rose on.
(d) Rose making a fool of herself for love.
5. What seems to be foreshadowed about Moran's health in the first few paragraphs of the book?
(a) Moran is growing weaker.
(b) Moran is losing his mind.
(c) Moran has an inccurrable illness.
(d) Moran is getting stronger.
6. What does Rose know about Moran before she even meets him?
(a) Moran is a widower raising children alone.
(b) Moran is a ladies man who is not to be trusted.
(c) Moran is rich man with a lot of land.
(d) Moran is a heroic war veteran.
7. What is the main topic of conversation between Moran and McQuaid?
(a) The weather.
(b) Their families.
(c) The economy.
(d) The war.
8. After what event does Moran have trouble adjusting?
(a) His house burning down.
(b) The loss of his first wife.
(c) The war.
(d) His kids moving away.
9. Why does Rose make a habit of joining the evening mail group?
(a) So that she has an excuse to leave the house.
(b) So that she can learn how to be a mail carrier.
(c) To make sure her mail is not lost.
(d) To make conversation with Moran.
10. How many daughter's does Moran have?
11. The last true observance of Monaghan Day also marks the end of a relationship between which two characters?
(a) Moran and McQuaid.
(b) Moran and Rose.
(c) McQuaid and Maggie.
(d) Moran and Maggie.
12. How does Rose feel about the idea of a revival of Monaghan Day?
(a) She is apathetic.
(b) She is anxious.
(c) She is excited.
(d) She is doubtful.
13. What is the relationship between Rose and Moran?
(a) Rose is Moran's first wife.
(b) Rose is Moran's mother.
(c) Rose is Moran's nurse.
(d) Rose is Moran's second wife.
14. What does Moran realize about McQuaid once his stay is over?
(a) McQuaid is going to return to Great Meadow soon.
(b) McQuaid will most likely start a new business soon.
(c) Moran has lost his oldest and best friend.
(d) Moran will one day be much wealthier than McQuaid.
15. What do Rose and her sister sneak into the house?
(a) A musket from the war.
(b) A German shepherd.
(c) A Franciscan robe.
(d) An ancient set of tea cups.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of car does McQuaid drive?
2. How does Moran know McQuaid?
3. Saying the Rosary is significant in what religion?
4. What is Rose's last name?
5. What word best explains how Moran is acting in regards to his own possible death?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)