|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7 (pages 168-184).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Moran react when the girls bring up some of the stories they have heard spoken of about Monaghan Days past?
(a) He gets angry and asks them to stop talking.
(b) He ignores them and pretends he didn't hear them talking.
(c) He gets embarrassed and quiet.
(d) He speaks openly about the horrors of the war.
2. What does Moran realize about McQuaid once his stay is over?
(a) Moran has lost his oldest and best friend.
(b) Moran will one day be much wealthier than McQuaid.
(c) McQuaid is going to return to Great Meadow soon.
(d) McQuaid will most likely start a new business soon.
3. Who helps Rose sneak something into the wardrobe?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her step-daughters.
(d) She does it alone.
4. What does Moran eye during the fight that makes Michael nervous?
(a) Michael's suitcase.
(b) The shotgun.
(c) The Rosary beads.
(d) A kitchen knife.
5. Where does Mark go every night to "escape" when he is staying at Great Meadow?
(a) The pub.
(b) The barn.
(c) Maggie's bedroom.
(d) His car.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Michael do when Moran lunges at him?
2. When Luke reads the letter, what does he immediately know about Moran?
3. What does Mark O'Donoghue do for work in London?
4. What does Maggie report that Luke is doing in London?
5. What word best explains how Moran is acting in regards to his own possible death?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)