|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6 (pages 124-168).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. McQuaid arrives to Great Meadow in the evening because he was doing what?
(a) Saying goodbye to his family.
(b) Visiting other friends along the way.
(c) Selling his winter livestock.
(d) Working on his car.
2. What chore does Moran gather the children to do?
(a) Wash the dishes.
(b) Mow and gather the hay.
(c) Pick the fruit from the trees.
(d) Clean all the windows.
3. Where does Michael flee to find refuge?
(a) To New York to wait for Nell to return.
(b) To Dublin to be with his sisters.
(c) To the bar so that he can drink until he forgets his problems.
(d) To the cemetery where his real mother is buried.
4. What rumor does McQuaid bring up about Moran?
(a) Moran is courting again.
(b) Moran is dying.
(c) Moran is planning to move.
(d) Moran is bankrupt.
5. What does McQuaid find overbearing about Moran's personality?
(a) Moran's treatment of women.
(b) Moran's praise of his children.
(c) Moran's regret about post-war Ireland.
(d) Moran's constant need to be right.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the girls always bring Rose information about?
2. Despite the fact that he asks for the opinions of others, what does Moran usually do?
3. What petty thing sparks a fight between Moran and Michael?
4. What does Michael do that makes Nell worry?
5. What is the relationship between Maggie and Mark O'Donoghue?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)