|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6 (pages 124-168).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maggie report about Luke?
(a) He is broke and needs a loan.
(b) He and his businesses are doing well.
(c) He is back in school.
(d) He is lonely and wants to return home.
2. The last true Monaghan Day marks a time when the girls remember their father as what?
(a) Sick and dying.
(b) Stressed and stubborn.
(c) Strong and healthy.
(d) Easy-going and care-free.
3. Who helps Maggie apply for positions as a nurse?
4. Despite having less money and worldly possessions; what makes Moran feel superior to McQuaid?
(a) Moran feels that McQuaid is superior.
(b) Moran's devotion to his family.
(c) Moran's heroics during the war.
(d) Moran's home and farm: Great Meadow.
5. What is the reason Rose returns to Ireland?
(a) To be with her children.
(b) To win the love of Moran.
(c) To nurse her dying father.
(d) To work in the post office.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Moran explain life during the war compared to his life now?
2. That winter what announcement does Sheila make?
3. Half of Moran's children have left Ireland. Where have they gone?
4. What does Moran do when he catches Michael coming home late one night?
5. What touchy subject does Moran finally ask Maggie about when she returns from London on holiday?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)