|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6 (pages 124-168).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ritual does Moran do every night before bed?
(a) Turns out the lights.
(b) Drinks water.
(c) Brushes his teeth.
(d) Says the Rosary.
2. What benefits do the girls receive by having Rose around?
(a) They confide in her and she protects them from Moran's wrath.
(b) They now have someone to clean up after them.
(c) They no longer have to cook for themselves.
(d) They no longer have to babysit their younger siblings.
3. What does Moran complain about after asking Rose to marry him?
(a) Paying for the reception.
(b) Living with another woman.
(c) Rose's cooking.
(d) Giving up the single life.
4. What topic threatens to sour the mood of Moran?
(a) The Republic of Ireland.
(b) The war.
5. Who else in the family also advocated for Maggie to leave and train as a nurse?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rose's last name?
2. What does McQuaid chastise Moran for NOT doing after the war?
3. Who calls Moran from the school to inquire about Michael?
4. What do Moran and Rose do instead of attending Maggie's wedding?
5. What is the main topic of conversation between Moran and McQuaid?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)