|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6 (pages 124-168).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who else in the family also advocated for Maggie to leave and train as a nurse?
2. How does Rose feel about the idea of a revival of Monaghan Day?
(a) She is apathetic.
(b) She is anxious.
(c) She is doubtful.
(d) She is excited.
3. The last true observance of Monaghan Day also marks the end of a relationship between which two characters?
(a) McQuaid and Maggie.
(b) Moran and McQuaid.
(c) Moran and Rose.
(d) Moran and Maggie.
4. On the way home from the wedding, what does Moran make everyone do in the car to save time?
(a) Open the wedding gifts.
(b) Say the Rosary.
(c) Change out of their wedding clothes.
(d) Eat their dinner.
5. McQuaid arrives to Great Meadow in the evening because he was doing what?
(a) Saying goodbye to his family.
(b) Visiting other friends along the way.
(c) Selling his winter livestock.
(d) Working on his car.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word best describes Rose's mothers feelings about the marriage?
2. Why does Rose stop going to the post office?
3. What does McQuaid find overbearing about Moran's personality?
4. Where do Nell and Michael make love?
5. After the war, what does Moran give to McQuaid?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)